• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devolution said:
Everyone postin' in here and no one on, at least on my list >=o.

Oh, well add me. My gamertag is Gho57ayame

Stats:

1. DMR - 19,299

2. Sniper - 3,244

3. Melee - 2,885

4. Frag - 2,233

5. Rockets - 1,504

My k/d is 1.25

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
Oh, well add me. My gamertag is Gho57ayame

Stats:

1. DMR - 19,299

2. Sniper - 3,244

3. Melee - 2,885

4. Frag - 2,233

5. Rockets - 1,504

My k/d is 1.25
lol wtf

Hey, bro. You should get on. I need a doubles partner and no one is on. :(

Thermite

@Devin Olsen's 3 AR kills :bow

Here's mah top 5:

sf8dc5.jpg

Trasher said:
I never knew you played this game or paid attention to the thread. :O

I just got back into playing a week or two ago. I had like a couple month's absence. Like riding a bicycle though.

Trasher said:
lol wtf

Hey, bro. You should get on. I need a doubles partner and no one is on. :(

What's your tag?

My k/d atm is 1.77 for all around competitive.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hitmonchan107 said:
For the record, he was banned because of this post:
Amir0x said:
That's awesome. And if you want that go and make a forum all your own. This forum isn't a democracy.

An OT does not cease to be fun/interesting because a news article is disturbing and a topic title reflects it. That's the world we live in. Just avoid the topic.

Anyway, there's no room for debate. Either you guys are going to stop coming in to whine or you're going to get banned. I am doing the fair thing by warning you guys but it will stop here. If you think a thread has gone too far, PM a mod. And then deal with the decision he/she makes.

We are not going to have an aggregate NEGATIVE NEWS topic. Evilore is against megathreads as it is, let alone because there are a group of GAFers wants to topic whine because they hate negativity.

Which was made just a couple post before him, he was a victim of circumstance because he likely posted without even getting a chance to see Amir0x's post.

Tawpgun

dc89 said:
Probably just pulled off my best bit of Halo 'Skill' ever.

Under fire from a rocket launcher I dodge the first rocket, then I duck under his second rocket before running to the right, hurling a sticky right at him and blowing him off the map. I'll make a video!

Edit: Best way to do it was to film my screen haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuX7Q-gZFmw

Enjoy. Let me know what you think.
If you save that film and let me download it I'd love to make it more cinematic. This goes for everyone I gotta put my capcard to use somehow.

If you have an AMAZING halo moment and want it made awesome with more camera angles, give me the link to the file.

Example:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15728900&player=Tunavi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbjJ8_56b94&feature=channel_video_title

Ramirez

I noticed last night I barely have a 1 K/D with plasma nades, I REALLY hate people who pick the NR loadout and then don't even attempt to shoot you, they just run straight into you and chuck some plasmas. No idea why that loadout still exists, just change them to frags, problem solved.

edit: I get on, everyone gets off, fuuu.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Trasher said:
I had an amazing betrayal/suicide with Tashi and the pro pipe. Will post later. lol
Asshole.

GG's guys. And hey, Devolution is better than 90% of you guys lol.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
You guys are missing out on the gripping "legal" drama that threatens to tear apart Bungie and Bungie Day. Will the Federal Trade Comission t-bag Bungie?

Heck no. Got to love the idiot though. SUE SUE SUE! LOL

Here is a snippet.

These are all arguments that will be made in time in the courtroom, should this matter go so far. All i'm requesting is Bungie have a free, alternate method of entry for people that do not want to pay. There's nothing wrong with that. Absolutely nothing wrong with that request.

If they do not, well, I wish them good luck in the legal matters awaiting. Microsoft and the Federal Trade Commission have already been notified, my complaint is filed, and my next step is to start my case now that the complaint is filed.

Very shortly, I will be unable "to discuss pending legal matters", so ask your questions now while you can.

Bnet Link

So wants to call Kotaku? =P

feel

Tashi0106 said:
And hey, Devolution is better than 90% of you guys lol.
How is that a surprise? Sexist!! Except for the random girlfriend being forced to play who doesn't even understand the dual stick concept,
most girls one comes across online on Halo are pretty good.
they're all super hot too... *clears throat, puts on a cool face* sup halogaf ladies

Dani said:
You guys are missing out on the gripping "legal" drama that threatens to tear apart Bungie and Bungie Day. Will the Federal Trade Comission t-bag Bungie?

How come America breeds this fine pedigree of stupid so often?Here is a snippet.

Bnet Link

:lol :lol :lol

edit-

moments after I badmouthed the AR earlier, I go super-clutch with it on a ranked 3v3 slayer game on the pit. The 3 guys were in our green box, they had rocket launcher, sniper and sword, ahead 48 to 46, and waiting to spawn kill my 2 dead teammates, with only the silly AR in my hands I throw a grenade into our green box off the yellow wall just as I make the crouch-jump to it from platform, Rocks and Snipes shields are down, Sword is hiding in the box, Snipe makes a run for the other green box through camo hallway, I ignore him because there's a rocket coming my way, I jump, it takes my shields but I kill him with the AR before he shoots again, as I land I throw a grenade through camo and get the Sniper guy, crouching Sword guy finally emerges point blank in the box as I jump backwards and he fuckin misses as I unload the rest of the AR clip into him and knowing it will be a while before he can swing again I go in for the safe beatdown. We're now 49-48 and grab the win. Felt good brah.. Why am I typing all this? Because I lost the clip after forgetting to save it before switching games.... fuck!! I wanted to troll halogaf with a gif of that play.. :(

Rendered for your pleasure.

The following clip is dedicated to all the Jetpack haters out there :p And although I manged to survive I couldn't quite figure out how to get back up top and as result fell to my death lol

Dani said:
Probably not.

Although HaloGAF Customs will be returning next week, for sure. It's been a while. Too long. Plans are afoot.... =)
Just my luck, the one time I get a Saturday night off work, there are no customs.

Ramirez

Man, people who play FF in this game are SO bad, like how hard is it to kill some AI? Good grief, not to mention someone quits in every game. Warrant Officers voting for Legendary Limited, trolling me I guess.

FyreWulff

Dani said:

How come America breeds this fine pedigree of stupid so often?Here is a snippet.

Bnet Link

That guy is a treat. But it's also why I'm done doing the charity marathons for now with the parallel giveaways - some crazy person could totally bone me since I have the thinnest disclaimers and entry rules ever.

GhaleonEB said:
Same. Great movie, blew my mind at the time. It was startling to see Transformers getting killed after years of everyone being just fine for so long. I had the same thought about Unicron when I saw the trailer.
Felt the exact same way. We grew up in the right decade.

Good lord, BTB All Stars is the least fun I've had in Reach, without a doubt. Two games of BTB Snipers was enough to drive me away from that playlist for the rest of it's life.

Ramirez said:
Man, people who play FF in this game are SO bad, like how hard is it to kill some AI? Good grief, not to mention someone quits in every game. Warrant Officers voting for Legendary Limited, trolling me I guess.
Playing with input lag varies from irksome to enraging. Your experience is not the same as the other players' experiences. People vote for Limited to play a more traditional game of Firefight, and to actually see some vehicles.

MrBig

squidhands said:

Good lord, BTB All Stars is the least fun I've had in Reach, without a doubt. Two games of BTB Snipers was enough to drive me away from that playlist for the rest of it's life.
You should experienced that miserable game of banshee squatting on renegade with us on Renegade a few days ago.

FyreWulff

I wonder if/when we're going to see them answer any questions from the Megalo Q&A thread on bnet:

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=61128946&viewreplies=true&postRepeater1-p=1

I'm assuming that it'll be part of one of the final Weekly Updates or something.

I may have asked too many questions

Although I'm now convinced the answer to Question VI is that the scripting engine shuts off once the Game Over event fires, because if if you're in a laggy game of Haloball and the Game Over occurs while one of the skull fountains is going off, all the skulls will roll down onto the ground and stay there.

Plasmid

4/8 Levels done solo legendary, i think PoA is gonna take me the longest. :(. i haven't really had any problems except it takes a shit load of time to complete each level just because you have to hang back.

Achievements definitely worth it though.

Ramirez

HiredN00bs said:
Playing with input lag varies from irksome to enraging. Your experience is not the same as the other players' experiences. People vote for Limited to play a more traditional game of Firefight, and to actually see some vehicles.

Learn to read, I said Legendary Limited. I'm quite aware of what Limited FF is.

squidhands said:

What the fuck made them think BTB Snipers is a gametype worth playing?

Havok

Devolution said:
What the fuck made them think BTB Snipers is a gametype worth playing?
What made them think that most of what's in Big Team (past or current iterations within Reach) was good? Headhunter? One Flag Boneyard? Instant Arm Assault? Snipers is hardly their worst offense.

Tawpgun

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=62184436

I get where this guy is coming from, I really do.

But what most of the people like him don't get is its not the DMR's fault, it's that everything else in Reach is near useless. AR and Pistol can only kill one person per clip. Put needler and repeater (before venting) in this also. But the needler can be used well. It's weakness.

Then you have random weapons like the plasma rifle and spiker that serve no purpose. The focus rifle isn't a long range weapon, it's a long range pestering gun. Sure that's a role but it's a stupid one.

Weapons need to have some depth to them and need to be able to be fine on their own. Here's to hoping plasma stun comes back!

Havok said:
What made them think that most of what's in Big Team (past or current iterations within Reach) was good? Headhunter? One Flag Boneyard? Instant Arm Assault? Snipers is hardly their worst offense.

True enough. All gametypes are made even worse by the maps. Reach has the worst big team maps (and other size maps for that matter) ever. Shit makes me miss even the crappiest maps from H3.

Ramirez

Man, it's hard to do anything in MLG when it might as well be 4on3.

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=669168636&player=TJ Ram

I weep. I CANNOT play this game with randoms, I used to play Halo 3 all day by myself, but I can't stomach more than maybe 3 games of Reach before I want to break my Xbox...It's not even regular MP, I got disgusted with the amount of idiocy in the FF playlists that I gave up after a couple of games there too.

Tried playing Arena, 1st game was red bars the whole game, people from Canada, Colombia, and Mexico in it. 2nd game was on Select, probably one of the worst Forge maps I've ever had to endure, forge maps have no place in the arena, unless it's the MLG ones, because it's quite obvious they are the only people who can make a decent forge map that's not an exact remake.

Top Bottom