• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Whatever happened to EazyB? He used to be such a sweet kid.

Also, Devo, if you are playing again, let us round up Tails and do it like the old days.

If you haven't deleted me, that is.

Shake Appeal said:
Whatever happened to EazyB? He used to be such a sweet kid.

Also, Devo, if you are playing again, let us round up Tails and do it like the old days.

Yeah we should.

If you haven't deleted me, that is.

bS5mD.gif

Trasher

Gotta love dat EazyB lololol

Best GAFer of all time. Of ALL TIME!

Edit: Omg I just read his messages again. That shit is too funny. I can't stop laughing lol.

You didn't have to black out my name, Devo lol! But I appreciate the courtesy.

Sai-kun said:
SleazyB!

(is that too easy?)

edit: in before someone says he was joking or not to take it seriously.

edit 2: eazyb is still a douche, but i guess he was not totally serious :lol oh u

Yeah alls good in the hood, I got an apology. And "premium slut baggage" is so going into my insult dictionary.

Striker

FyreWulff said:
edit: also the killing floor that was the offense spawn on Burial Mounds
It wasn't an issue for Team Slayer, but they kind of hindered the offense's spawns in 1-bomb and 1-flag there. Still a fantastic asymmetric map. One of which we've been in dire need of since Halo 2. :(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Xenocock is hilarious :lol

I get nasty of mind. Nysto mino. Nist of mind. Nist.

And when they finally get New York state of mind. They think I got it from that fuckin stupid ass Jay Z song with Alicia Keys. That's empire state of mind. New york state of mind is by Nas.

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Tashi0106 said:
Xenocock is hilarious :lol

I get nasty of mind. Nysto mino. Nist of mind. Nist.

And when they finally get New York state of mind. They think I got it from that fuckin stupid ass Jay Z song with Alicia Keys. That's empire state of mind. New york state of mind is by Nas.

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death
I just thought you were a Billy Joel fan. ;-)

The Headhunters series is shaping up to be pretty awesome. I read Evolutions so long ago it really is mostly fresh for me again. I do find it frustrating how after emp'ing and flashbanging an Elite and 2 grunts the dude decides to spray duel SMG's at them rather than just headshot them, but it seems to be a running thing in these type of videos lol. I hope they get back around to filling out the rest of the Mona Lisa story aswell.

In a way im not sure the whole Spartan 3 thing has been good for the cannon, but I guess it will be interesting to see how 343 acknowledges them in Halo 4.

wwm0nkey

bobs99 ... said:
The Headhunters series is shaping up to be pretty awesome. I read Evolutions so long ago it really is mostly fresh for me again. I do find it frustrating how after emp'ing and flashbanging an Elite and 2 grunts the dude decides to spray duel SMG's at them rather than just headshot them, but it seems to be a running thing in these type of videos lol. I hope they get back around to filling out the rest of the Mona Lisa story aswell.

In a way im not sure the whole Spartan 3 thing has been good for the cannon, but I guess it will be interesting to see how 343 acknowledges them in Halo 4.
Depending on what happens in Glasslands we could see if they introduce the surviving Spartans in Halo 4

wwm0nkey said:
Depending on what happens in Glasslands we could see if they introduce the surviving Spartans in Halo 4

I was thinking about this. Maybe, Glasslands will be an introduction to the new universe like the Fall of Reach was to Halo CE's universe.

wwm0nkey said:

Yeah I was thinking as much, I didn't want to get my hopes up (and im not sure it could be pulled off very well). Im still gutted Nylund isnt the one writing that, is it known why he isnt penning it?

wwm0nkey

bobs99 ... said:
Yeah I was thinking as much, I didn't want to get my hopes up (and im not sure it could be pulled off very well). Im still gutted Nylund isnt the one writing that, is it known why he isnt penning it?
Because he is writing the story for Halo 4 o.0 (I wish)....no but seriously sad it isnt him writing Glasslands :(

The way
Kurt
went out in Ghost of Onyx is still one of the best things I have ever read.

wwm0nkey

A27 Tawpgun said:
I'm going ahead and predict that we will be seeing Onyx and everyone in it at some point in the trilogy.
Well Onyx the planet is gone and now there is a giant ass Sentinel there (I want to fucking see that so badly!) but who is to say what Master Chief is going into isnt a teleporter to the shield world. Also maybe Glasslands will introduce the new enemies as well.

wwm0nkey said:
Well Onyx the planet is gone and now there is a giant ass Sentinel there (I want to fucking see that so badly!) but who is to say what Master Chief is going into isnt a teleporter to the shield world. Also maybe Glasslands will introduce the new enemies as well.

Weren't there like a million little sentinels in space rather then 1 big one?

wwm0nkey

Tha Robbertster said:
Weren't there like a million little sentinels in space rather then 1 big one?
Didn't they morph together or something? All I knew is that it fucked shit up like no other lol

Need to re-read Ghost of Onyx though.

wwm0nkey said:
Didn't they morph together or something? All I knew is that it fucked shit up like no other lol

I do know they destroyed a human and covenant fleet, both fleets having more then 10 ships but I'm also a little warry on the details.

wwm0nkey said:

Im quite worried that the Covenant might not be the main focus of the next game, the Forerunners were cool, but nothing from Halo 1/ 2 or 3 made it seem like they would actually be a fun enemy to fight. Clearly there are wheels in motion, and im sure some of the recent Waypoint videos have been hinting at stuff, but its all gone over my head so far. :p

I guess I should really read Halo Cryptum!

A27 Tawpgun said:
I'm going ahead and predict that we will be seeing Onyx and everyone in it at some point in the trilogy.
I doubt it. It'd be easier to keep the two plots separate.
wwm0nkey said:

The trillions of sentinels combined together to form what looks like a protective sphere around the miniature shield world.

Edit: Also, I'm going to re-read FoR, FS, and GoO before GS comes out.

wwm0nkey

Dax01 said:
I doubt it. It'd be easier to keep the two plots separate.

The trillions of sentinels combined together to form what looks like a protective sphere around the miniature shield world.

Edit: Also, I'm going to re-read FoR, FS, and GoO before GS comes out.
Fall of Reach, First Strike and Ghost of Onyx all need movie version.

Also Eric Nylund really should be the new lead writer for the Halo games in general, he is what painted the big image of the Halo universe for me.

wwm0nkey said:
Fall of Reach, First Strike and Ghost of Onyx all need movie version.

Also Eric Nylund really should be the new lead writer for the Halo games in general, he is what painted the big image of the Halo universe for me.

100% true, without The Fall of Reach painting the picture of the Spartan program, a lot of the 'story' would be totally lost. I dont know who deserves credit, him or Bungie, because im not sure who originally though that stuff up, but if it wasnt for his novels I wouldnt be interested in the Halo stories at all beyond loving how mysterious all the forerunner stuff is.

wwm0nkey

bobs99 ... said:
100% true, without The Fall of Reach painting the picture of the Spartan program, a lot of the 'story' would be totally lost. I dont know who deserves credit, him or Bungie, because im not sure who originally though that stuff up, but if it wasnt for his novels I wouldnt be interested in the Halo stories at all beyond loving how mysterious all the forerunner stuff is.
Well regardless of the ideas he is the one that brought it to life, he needs to have a job writing for the Halo games lol

Also yeah if it wasnt for The Fall of Reach I really wouldnt be into Halo as much as I am today.

The problem with games and FPS's in general is that there isn't enough space for those complicated stories as you find in books since the vast amount of gamers aren't interested in watching cutscenes, longer then 3 minutes and the story must be understandable for most people.

But I agree, Eric Nylund as lead story writter for Halo 4 would be awesome. I think he would be able to make the introduction of a new enemy very interesting and perhaps as scary as the introduction of the Flood.

I'm not saying that 343 wouldn't be able to do this but we already know that Eric Nylund is a great story teller for the Halo universe.

wwm0nkey

Tha Robbertster said:
The problem with games and FPS's in general is that there isn't enough space for those complicated stories as you find in books since the vast amount of gamers aren't interested in watching cutscenes, longer then 3 minutes and the story must be understandable for most people.

But I agree, Eric Nylund as lead story writter for Halo 4 would be awesome. I think he would be able to make the introduction of a new enemy very interesting and perhaps as scary as the introduction of the Flood.

I'm not saying that 343 wouldn't be able to do this but we already know that Eric Nylund is a great story teller for the Halo universe.
Well honestly if they go the 2 disc route (#1 for SP and #2 for MP) they could probably fill the disc up with enough cutscenes(un-skipable till you beat it)/extra levels to tell a good story.

Also I am shocked Eric wasnt hired by Bungie after writing The Fall of Reach, I get that he writes books but damn he would be a great writer for the games.

Tawpgun

bobs99 ... said:
Im quite worried that the Covenant might not be the main focus of the next game, the Forerunners were cool, but nothing from Halo 1/ 2 or 3 made it seem like they would actually be a fun enemy to fight. Clearly there are wheels in motion, and im sure some of the recent Waypoint videos have been hinting at stuff, but its all gone over my head so far. :p

I guess I should really read Halo Cryptum!
There's no way we'd be fighting actual forerunners. Perhaps their AI security and defense forces. But at the same time, why would this happen? Humanity are the reclaimers, the only reason sentinels ever attacked us was because we were trying to destroy Halo.

If you read cryptum then,
the pre cursors are also unlikely. The consensus is that the prisoner is the last precursor. Now, if there are other precursors OR precursor AI, then that could be an enemy. Imagine if the prisoner acted almost like a gravemind like figure.

The flood is always a possibility and they could expand upon them, but I find it hard to believe they'd be a major baddie.

And then my least favorite option... A brand new bad guy. I think it would be kind of lame if humanity all of a sudden had some random new enemy.

wwm0nkey said:
Because he is writing the story for Halo 4 o.0 (I wish)....no but seriously sad it isnt him writing Glasslands :(

The way
Kurt
went out in Ghost of Onyx is still one of the best things I have ever read.
Ehm. Halo 4 is written by "schlerf"(or he is one of the writers. I really don't know.). He is the frankie type in term of tweeting. And I'm happy about it that Eric isn't writing the Halo 4 story. Eric Nylund is good at writing a book, but a videogame story is something different.

Kuroyume

Banned
I want a new enemy. You can only do purrple rooms, grunts, and green zombies so many times. Series really needs a whole new set of weapons too. They've added plenty over the last few games but needlers and stuff like that have kind of gotten old and boring. Don't really care about the story I just want to see new stuff.

MrBig

Fuck MS's pricing. First they get rid of their standard 13 month card and then they raise the cost of 12 months to $60. I don't watch ESPN or do anything besides play games on my 360, don't spin off the costs of that shit to me.

My sub runs out the day CEA comes out.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
MrBig said:
Fuck MS's pricing. First they get rid of their standard 13 month card and then they raise the cost of 12 months to $60. I don't watch ESPN or do anything besides play games on my 360, don't spin off the costs of that shit to me.

I can usually find 12 month Live cards for $45 or less online. Look around for 5 minutes or less.

Louis Wu

MrBig said:

$48 with free shipping at Buy.com

$49 as a downloadable code (no shipping) from Amazon

Not as cheap as they used to be - but they occasionally go on sale, too (for $35 or so); might be worth waiting.

Edit: beaten.

I would love to have the problems like you americans. $49=35€. And Amazon is selling them for 47.99€(~$70). Fortunately you can redeem 12months codes on every account.

Gui_PT

Hypertrooper said:
I would love to have the problems like you americans. $49=35€. And Amazon is selling them for 47.99€(~$70). Fortunately you can redeem 12months codes on every account.

12 month codes over here are 60€=$85

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Kuroyume said:
I want a new enemy. You can only do purrple rooms, grunts, and green zombies so many times. Series really needs a whole new set of weapons too. They've added plenty over the last few games but needlers and stuff like that have kind of gotten old and boring. Don't really care about the story I just want to see new stuff.
I totally agree. I want to feel intrigued and wow'd again. The novelty of Halo lore has long worn off. I remember the since of awe and excitement I felt when I saw my first underground Forerunner facility, Needlers, Ghosts, Hunters, the Flood, Sentinels, my first Warthog run... It was awesome. I want 343 to aim for that same sense of newness. I'd like for the Covenant to make some sort of appearance (preferably as an enemy still), but I want the primary enemy to be something entirely new.

Nutter

To who ever gets to manage the playlists at 343.

- Rocket spawn on Anchor 9 (CTF variants) is 2 minutes. In a normal game that means at least 5 rockets with 4 shots = 20 Rocket Kills (if the player is competent with them).

Please make it 3 minutes, power weapons should never be 2 minutes spawns especially when on a small map like Anchor 9, but then again, nothing has been done about the sniper on Asylum.

ChenK said:
How are the matchmaking times? Reach is losing its appeal and Halo 3 is looking attractive again.
They're not that bad if you play SS. Hell, even with a population of 300-400 people in Team Mythic, finding a game takes about two minutes.

Top Bottom