• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Nutter said:
To who ever gets to manage the playlists at 343.

- Rocket spawn on Anchor 9 (CTF variants) is 2 minutes. In a normal game that means at least 5 rockets with 4 shots = 20 Rocket Kills (if the player is competent with them).

Please make it 3 minutes, power weapons should never be 2 minutes spawns especially when on a small map like Anchor 9, but then again, nothing has been done about the sniper on Asylum.
They should spread the power weapon on Anchor 9. I played Team Double on Anchor 9 with Overdoziz yesterday and the enemies just stayed in the middle of the map. They weren't really good but they had Rockets and Shotguns, because they respawn fast and they are all near that area.

neoism

Tashi0106 said:
Xenocock is hilarious :lol

I get nasty of mind. Nysto mino. Nist of mind. Nist.

And when they finally get New York state of mind. They think I got it from that fuckin stupid ass Jay Z song with Alicia Keys. That's empire state of mind. New york state of mind is by Nas.

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death
I'm sure its taken but Mr. Wood would be awesome.

Gui_PT said:
Well if it is, it's a ripoff everywhere instead of merely being a ripoff over here lol
It's €60 over here, too. Fucking rip-off, but not a lot we can do about it.

Does Amazon.co.uk sell codes, by any chance?

top5KD.png

Blue Ninja said:
It's €60 over here, too. Fucking rip-off, but not a lot we can do about it.

Does Amazon.co.uk sell codes, by any chance?

I don't think they do, but IIRC they do 12 month cards for £29.99 or so from time to time, which is about €34 so it isnt bad.

Thanks for the replies about MM.

Wait is Rocket Respawn 210? or 180? Wasn't snipe 180?

Then theres certain gametypes where you can just pick up the Plasma Pistol on Asylum after using all the Sniper and it instantly respawns...

Its all very confusing, but really only BTB should have different respawn times every other playlist should be in sync. Besides the specifics like MLG and whatever else needs specificity.

Striker

Rockets should be 180 with no spare clips in every small or mid-size map, and maybe it can go to 120 or 150 in in the BTB maps. Makes ya think of the prior play testing.

feel

Halo3 matchmaking is fast if you stick to Slayer. It only struggles there if you go into ranked slayer with 3 friends and it tries to find another group of 4 of similar skill. With just 3 players is fast enough, and very fast if it's just 2 or 1.

MrBig

xxjuicesxx said:
Wait is Rocket Respawn 210? or 180? Wasn't snipe 180?

Then theres certain gametypes where you can just pick up the Plasma Pistol on Asylum after using all the Sniper and it instantly respawns...

Its all very confusing, but really only BTB should have different respawn times every other playlist should be in sync. Besides the specifics like MLG and whatever else needs specificity.
It spawns when you swap weapons because of run time limits.

Tawpgun

I had more fun on Halo 3 than Reach... but I find it very hard to go back. The inconsistencies, lag, and the fail BR make Reach's accurate, great netcode, and hitscan DMR look REALLY good.

But then when I play Reach the bloom sometimes gets to me and AA's ruin a lot of things.

neoism said:
nope I hate it... I never play good on it for some reason and the no gravity part : \

Hmmm. To each his own, but personally I think its one of the best maps in the game, if not the best.

Of course the Unanchored variant is much better than the default map.

A27 Tawpgun said:
I had more fun on Halo 3 than Reach... but I find it very hard to go back. The inconsistencies, lag, and the fail BR make Reach's accurate, great netcode, and hitscan DMR look REALLY good.

But then when I play Reach the bloom sometimes gets to me and AA's ruin a lot of things.
I went back and played ODST the other day at a friends house.

It felt alien.

FyreWulff

Barrow Roll said:
The only thing that feels alien about ODST is the grenade throwing angle which was always goofy. ODST feels awesome.

It did at first, but I liked it for two reasons:

1) It was accurate to how AI threw grenades in Halo 3 (high arc)

2) It was interesting in that it seemed intentionally designed to land exactly where your reticule was pointing (instead of past it like 2/3/Reach), so it was like firing a mortar.

Also interesting that they didn't bring the crouch walk bobbing over to Reach from ODST.

MrBig

That was all from just using the globals from the H3 ODSTs

it did make you feel more like you were actually an ODST though

FyreWulff

MrBig said:

That's actually pretty neat.

Reminds me how if you ended up with the glitch in Halo 3 multiplayer where you'd lose your weapon from capping a flag as an Elite, if you had grenades, you would do the campaign grenade throw animation they had instead of the multiplayer one.

heckfu

Banned
Oh hey there. I've been playing with Sai, Zayne, Hyper and anlot more of you guys and they made me sign up for GAF so I'd not be as lame or something. And then they made me do this introductory post. So...fire away boys.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
heckfu said:
Oh hey there. I've been playing with Sai, Zayne, Hyper and anlot more of you guys and they made me sign up for GAF so I'd not be as lane or something. And then they made me do this introductory post. So...fire away boys.

Highest rank in Halo 3 and which playlist?

AR or BR?

Favorite Halo 2 map?

Welcome

Sai-kun

Banned
heckfu said:
Oh hey there. I've been playing with Sai, Zayne, Hyper and anlot more of you guys and they made me sign up for GAF so I'd not be as lame or something. And then they made me do this introductory post. So...fire away boys.

I'm so excited you got approved!
TPrUC.gif

Welcome aboard.

heckfu said:
Welcome Sir, welcome to the world of complaints, wwm0nkey's unfulfiled wishes and talking about the new Halo.<3

heckfu

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
Highest rank in Halo 3 and which playlist?

AR or BR?

Favorite Halo 2 map?

Welcome

44, Lone Wolves. Got pretty high in swat, too.
SMG.
Jk, BR.
Really enjoyed Turf and Headlong.
Thanks!

zumphry

Banned
heckfu said:

2pye590.jpg

I still don't get arena. First game, we play against a party of 1 onyx, 2 gold and one guy not yet rated and we completely destroy them. Then, we get to play against bronze guys. Why aren't we playing higher level players?, it only seems logically, looking at our win-ratio.

Tawpgun

MrBig said:

No you don't... I was a bit disappointed in this. I was expecting the game to be much, MUCH harder. I was expecting stealth to play a HUGE role especially in night time. I wanted every encounter with a brute pack feel like a boss battle if you were alone.

I never felt vulnerable because the shield and health system was almost the same, just with different ways of showing it.

cory021

Neo Member
Sai-kun said:
I think I watched this gif like 10 times...

Anyways, I played a few games of BTB All-Stars. Is there any difference at all from the normal BTB? It seemed like I was playing the same thing with extra cR payout.

MrBig

A27 Tawpgun said:
No you don't... I was a bit disappointed in this. I was expecting the game to be much, MUCH harder. I was expecting stealth to play a HUGE role especially in night time. I wanted every encounter with a brute pack feel like a boss battle if you were alone.

I never felt vulnerable because the shield and health system was almost the same, just with different ways of showing it.
That is completely unrelated to what I said, but yes I agree with you.

Trasher

Ramirez said:
There's absolutely nothing better in Reach than playing with EazyB while he's drunk.
After you got off, he got a double kill no-scope and said "omg I'm quitting after that."

*EazyB quit.*

Didn't log back on either. Man was true to his word. lol

neoism said:
He wasn't serious neo!

neoism

fucking WOOOW
I played my last FF game for the day, too getting the weekly, and I did great, and got my +12000cR and I was wondering, at the end of the game it said unreadable disc :/ why does it even read the disc and not the HDD So when you see that in game you steal get the cR right... I knew it would do it too, because my audio wasn't working right..

heckfu said:
I follow you on Twitter.

lAOPV.jpg

GhaleonEB

Firefight randoms, keeping it classy.

Dude started going apeshit after I sniped a Banshee and my score went higher than his. That...upset him. The stuff in the clip carried on for 10 minutes straight, he spent more time focused on me than the enemies. I took it as a challenge to survive under arduous circumstances.
Domino Theory said:
That reminds me, I need to play 73 more waves of FireFight today, haha.
Five games of Arcade or Limited. Doubles is my preferred flavor. I actually forgot all about this week's Challenge since I knocked it off on Monday.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
GhaleonEB said:
Firefight randoms, keeping it classy.

Dude started going apeshit after I sniped a Banshee and my score went higher than his. That...upset him. The stuff in the clip carried on for 10 minutes straight, he spent more time focused on me than the enemies. I took it as a challenge to survive under arduous circumstances.

That reminds me, I need to play 73 more waves of FireFight today, haha.

Top Bottom