• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Domino Theory said:
That reminds me, I need to play 73 more waves of FireFight today, haha.
Earlier this week I was so intent on finishing the weekly since I haven't finished a weekly in so long. Then I started playing Uncharted 2 again. OOPS.

Plasmid

neoism said:
what playlist... I've played 15 Doubteam games and NO jackpot. :(

Doubles, played 5 games for it i think, got 3000 2 after that. only 8k to commander grade 1!

Just bought Pilot helmet, looks cool, idk if it's worth 90k but onward to gold visor for 250k!

Barrow Roll said:
Earlier this week I was so intent on finishing the weekly since I haven't finished a weekly in so long. Then I started playing Uncharted 2 again. OOPS.
I haven't finished any challenges for at least two months now, or something. Not caring about credits anymore made me enjoy the game a lot more.

FyreWulff

Blue Ninja said:
I haven't finished any challenges for at least two months now, or something. Not caring about credits anymore made me enjoy the game a lot more.

I don't care how much cR a Weekly gives out anymore. I just keep earning them to keep my streak going. When you get up to around Field Marshall / Hero, they don't really help much anymore in terms of going to the next rank by themselves.

Turn around time for Juniors seems to be getting much quicker than before. I remember it took me MONTHS to get approved (close to a year actually).

Anyways, welcome Juniors.

heckfu

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
Turn around time for Juniors seems to be getting much quicker than before. I remember it took me MONTHS to get approved (close to a year actually).

Anyways, welcome Juniors.

Well thanks! Guess I just got lucky with when I applied.

J-Roderton

Does anyone else have any problems with Campaign matchmaking? Every match I play is just way too laggy. It's almost impossible to play.

Homeboyd

Jroderton said:
Does anyone else have any problems with Campaign matchmaking? Every match I play is just way too laggy. It's almost impossible to play.
Yep same for me.. Haven't touched it in months. :/

Unfortunately, that's how FF is for me too.. even with the custom search for players with good connections set. It did improve with these settings though.. used to be impossible for me. Think it's me...

FyreWulff

Jroderton said:

Campaign co-op and Firefight use the same lockstep networking, so you're at the mercy of the person with the worst latency in the game.

kylej

Banned
Domino Theory said:
That reminds me, I need to play 73 more waves of FireFight today, haha.

For a challenge? Just load up a Firefight playlist and idle.

post-302244-0-18843600-1301755635.gif

GhaleonEB

Homeboyd said:
Yep same for me.. Haven't touched it in months. :/

Unfortunately, that's how FF is for me too.. even with the custom search for players with good connections set. It did improve with these settings though.. used to be impossible for me. Think it's me...
One of the main reasons I only play (co-op) Firefight in the Doubles playlist is the reduced player count seems to result in improved connections. I search for a good connection, and with only one other player to match with, nine times out of ten it's solid. I also put the language filter on which seems to help as well.

Homeboyd

GhaleonEB said:
One of the main reasons I only play (co-op) Firefight in the Doubles playlist is the reduced player count seems to result in improved connections. I search for a good connection, and with only one other player to match with, nine times out of ten it's solid. I also put the language filter on which seems to help as well.
Yeah I think I'm going to stick with Score Attack or Doubles from now on. Decided about half way through the day today I was going to go for the weekly and didn't want to chop at it 5 waves at a time. Didn't even think to try the language preference but the good connection settings definitely helped. Going to stay away from the 4 player FF playlists from now on.

Nori Chan

I got the jackpot in Doubles Score Attack.

I got the weekly and the jackpot during it. Got 44k from it. I never saw my credit bar move so much. I am now a hero.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Noriega said:
I got the jackpot in Doubles Score Attack.

I got the weekly and the jackpot during it. Got 44k from it. I never saw my credit bar move so much. I am now a hero.

You can get the big jackpot in FF Doubles? Awesome.

GhaleonEB

Domino Theory said:
You can get the big jackpot in FF Doubles? Awesome.
You can get it in any playlist, but the featured one has much higher odds. I didn't know that until Jeremiah's post on Friday.
Jeremiah said:
There is always a very very small chance to hit a super jackpot in any playlist you play in. Your chances of hitting it in the specified playlist for each Super Jackpot Weekend is approximately 100 times greater.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=62123466

Wow @ the pics above, such extraordinary detail. One like myself can only dream of producing work of such quality.

Oh and as a recent Junior let me officially welcome all the young whipper snappers to HaloGaf. Sadly I think we may have already exceeded the entire population of Team Classic
:(

Some clips to make you feel at home.

Float Like a Butterfly

The Thrill of the Hunt

Only 1 triple jackpot this weekend. Yay me!

Tawpgun

Tashi0106 said:
HaloGAF is growing man. I don't know half of you people lol

This might be good right now. I remember you guys were mentioning how Reach customs were dying, and then my Junior Wave
best junior wave
got accepted and like half or more of the people in customs were juniors.

Dani said we're launching customs again this up coming saturday, and with the fresh meat it should be a great turnout.

FyreWulff

I'm gonna miss the Optimatch forum once Bungie sends it into read-only mode. I've been posting there regularly since 2004.

On the other hand, a lot of the fun went away when BeserkerBarage passed away. That forum never really felt the same to post on since. He was a pretty cool dude. I should make sure a thread dedicated to him is on the first page when Optimatch goes into cyro.

heckfu

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
This might be good right now. I remember you guys were mentioning how Reach customs were dying, and then my Junior Wave
best junior wave
got accepted and like half or more of the people in customs were juniors.

Dani said we're launching customs again this up coming saturday, and with the fresh meat it should be a great turnout.

Damn, I wish I could make it but this was awful timing of getting approved. I'm leaving for Montana for a month and a half to work on an indian reservation for pharmacy school. stupid responsibility...

feel

This is a work-in-progress compilation of often asked questions to new members, they're from Halogaf as a whole not from me personally. Don't take this too seriously, it's just for fun:

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.

AR or BR?

Favorite multiplayer map from Halo 2 and 3 (one of each).

Do you prefer BTB or MLG?

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?

Games completed on Legendary.

Are you EazyB?

Favorite Campaign missions (all games).

Favorite Reach playlists.

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).

Opinion on reticule bloom.

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you favor.

Why are you a Halo fan?

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite. (optional)

Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, we'd love to read it. (optional)

Homeboyd

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
41 in Doubles (and was absolutely carried to it). Yeah.

AR or BR?
This seems like it's here for profiling purposes... but BR.

Favorite multiplayer map from Halo 2 and 3 (one of each).
Halo 2: Sanctuary
Halo 3: Looking back, Valhalla. Probably would've said Guardian back then.

Do you prefer BTB or MLG?
BTB. I get wrecked in MLG. Will stick to Tashi's stream for now.

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
Competitive Multiplayer. Although FF has such huge unrealized potential.

Games completed on Legendary.
All. Although this GT is fairly new.

Are you EazyB?
No but am a huge fan :) (I recall lurking that infamous day)

Favorite Campaign missions (all games).
Will have to give this one some thought. As far as for Reach, The Package was pretty epic. LNoS is up there as well even though the SLASO run nearly cost me a controller and a tv. >:0

Favorite Reach playlists.
Used to be SWAT (same with H3). Now, they change so much it's hard to say. Still love SWAT, just don't play it as much as I used to.

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
Can't answer in terabytes? And just one folder?

Opinion on reticule bloom.
Makes me want to harm innocent people around me.

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you favor.
Meh, I much preferred equipment. Sprint, sprint and only sprint.

Why are you a Halo fan?
Don't know where to begin... or end. It's just my most preferred shooter. I try other games for a brief period of time but always ended up popping in Halo once I got bored. Forge really brought a new love to the series for me and was the real reason I got more involved with the communities attached to the series. So many kick ass memories of customs from CE to Reach. Excited to see what 343i does with the reins.

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite. (optional)
I know a couple of you guys from various other communities but I'd have to say I'm probably my most favorite... and least.

Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, we'd love to read it. (optional)
No time. Have been lurking so long, I have so many posts I've wanted to reply to but couldn't... until NOW!

<3

Top Bottom