• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tawpgun

Tashi0106 said:
Clearly Arena is broken :p
Clearly it is if it gave me Gold initially :p

First Season I gave a shit about too.

Also, Booties with the sniper on Asylum Bomb. He's going to clip it later and someone better render it, because goddamn.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Clearly it is if it gave me Gold initially :p

First Season I gave a shit about too.

Also, Booties with the sniper on Asylum Bomb. He's going to clip it later and someone better render it, because goddamn.

I'm getting on now do you guys have room?

The Real Napsta said:
Wtf is it?
It's like this silly stat-boosting, grinding game or something. Vaguely similar to those facebook games like Castle Age and Mafia Wars except with less teamwork involved. You battle players and based on some stats you earn from weapons and stuff you can gain experience and tackle better players. Like I said, it's addictive!

Havok

Why does every random (this time, a terrible Captain against a team of primarily Novas) think that carrying a turret around Asylum is a valid strategy? Seriously, the stupidity of some of these people, somehow matched up with us.

Edit: Upon further reflection, I have come to the conclusion that Objective players should be screened for at least a modicum of intelligence.

Havok said:
Why does every random (this time, a terrible Captain against a team of primarily Novas) think that carrying a turret around Asylum is a valid strategy? Seriously, the stupidity of some of these people, somehow matched up with us.
8,000 for Onyx in Mobile Asset. We've all got a long way to go.

darthbob

Dax01 said:
So apparently the bags of swag turned out bad for a lot of people?

I so wish I could've grabbed one, but I was at work.

You miss out on everything, like Ghal, except he actually got a Bag.

Okay, I mean it this time. I'm finally getting on Reach for the first time in more than two weeks.

Louis Wu, ready thyself. And Tunavi, too, you lurking fiend.

Tawpgun

Hitmonchan107 said:
Okay, I mean it this time. I'm finally getting on Reach for the first time in more than two weeks.

Now? If so, getting on.

zumphry

Banned
Hitmonchan107 said:

I still need to change my gamertag to Hitmonlee701...

Well, since Wu left as soon as I got on and Tunavi won't be on for another hour, I'm waiting until 11:30 p.m. EST to get back on.

Just played my first game of FRGfight on Beachhead (at least, I think it's my first). I'm not a fan of the FRG, so I'll take Rocketfight over that any day of the week.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Well, since Wu left as soon as I got on and Tunavi won't be on for another hour, I'm waiting until 11:30 p.m. EST to get back on.

Just played my first game of FRGfight on Beachhead (at least, I think it's my first). I'm not a fan of the FRG, so I'll take Rocketfight over that any day of the week.

Well 'Arcadefight' is now FRGfight as well so you can take comfort in that. :/

GhaleonEB

Hitmonchan107 said:

Play Firefight Doubles. Pick Arcadefight. Select DMR/Sniper class.

Heaven.

J-Roderton

Ramirez said:
I really don't understand the appeal of Arcade FF. I assume (most)people only use it to boost commendations...

That and it helps me with daily challenges, otherwise I just play limited.

Havok

So, playing Objective tonight, we get matched with a guy on our team, and have one of the worst games I've experienced. Here's the relevant info:

2vmskjo.png

How does this guy get matched up with a group (both on his team and the opposing team) of pretty far above average players? Something in the system is not working. Upon further investigation, we learned that the guy only has one hand, and I think that the fact that he plays Halo is awesome, and would never fault him for that performance because of it, but he shouldn't be matched with a group that so severely outstrips him like that. The system, whatever it is, should know that, right? He ended up going -23, and it was just a frustrating experience all around. This was only one of dozens of experiences like this in the last few days, and I just don't get it. Maybe we should just start using the skill parameters in matchmaking, but that precludes the use of the good connection parameter, and we play almost exclusively Objective, with fewer than a thousand people at any time, so its a losing proposition all around. I just don't get it, I really don't.

kylej

Banned
Havok said:
So, playing Objective tonight, we get matched with a guy on our team, and have one of the worst games I've experienced. Here's the relevant info:

2vmskjo.png

Dude can probably beat 75% of the people who work at Bungie with his one hand.

Ramirez

Hitmonchan107 said:
I'm halfway through the first episode of "Game of Thrones." What the WHAT?

I'm pulling myself away to hop back on Reach.

I can assure you the enjoyment you will get out of watching GoT far exceeds playing Reach.

Ramirez said:
I can assure you the enjoyment you will get out of watching GoT far exceeds playing Reach.
Especially since nobody wants to join me. I refuse to play Reach with randoms. :lol

I can't believe I've put off watching GoT for so long.

zumphry

Banned
Sai-kun said:
Dude I was such a pro driver :lol lmao. That was so good.

After your dentist appointment tomorrow you should get on and we should do Rocket Race. The drugs would make it enjoyable to you, your horrible drug-induced driving and babbling would make it enjoyable for me.

PNut said:
I never knew this kinda of stuff was possible in ODST. Wow.

Nice. Now I want to play ODST even more just to try (and fail) at some of these. :lol

O D I N

GhaleonEB said:
Play Firefight Doubles. Pick Arcadefight. Select DMR/Sniper class.

Heaven.

Yessir.

Though I usually pick that, kill myself, then respawn with sprint. >_>

:shrug: I know, I'm weird.

Hitmonchan107 said:

I just finished book 1 (Which is "A Game of Thrones"). The show was very well made (by that, I mean pretty damn close to the book). Starting book 2 (Vol 2 (Clash of Kings)) now. :D

GhaleonEB

O D I N said:
Yessir.

Nah, I see a lot of people do that. Camo is pretty much worthless in Firefight because the attacking squad can always see you. I stick with it, as it's sort of like playing no AA at all. And also, because I try for no-death games.

I get a kick out of the clashes of different play styles in Arcadefight Doubles. I usually hang back, picking off enemies around the perimeter, while the other dude rushes the middle with rockets or FRG. Games like this one.

Some quick math for the other guy: 28 deaths x 5 second respawn = 140 seconds, or 2 minutes and 20 seconds respawning in a 20 minute game. Dude spent over 10% of the game waiting to respawn. It was downright impressive.

O D I N said:
Yessir.

I just finished book 1 (Which is "A Game of Thrones"). The show was very well made (by that, I mean pretty damn close to the book). Starting book 2 (Vol 2 (Clash of Kings)) now. :D
Just finished the first episode. Has anybody made a nipple count? There were at least 23.

Recarpo

Havok said:
This was only one of dozens of experiences like this in the last few days, and I just don't get it.

It seems worse in reach than it has in any other halo, at least for me. Had this game tonight as an example.

Everyone on the opposite team went relatively close to even. Two teammates and I went +40 combined and our other two teammates went -43. The matching just isn't even close and I would have figured after so many squad slayer games, it would have figured out where to match me...

wwm0nkey said:
*goes to watch show*

I hear the show is really awesome and well made though.
It definitely is.

My ass was handed to me thoroughly tonight. Not exactly the welcome back I was hoping for.

Sorry I left, Tunavi. When this game's bad, it's bad.

Tiny bloom rant: I never feel like I'm in control of my shots, but then I blame myself for not being better.

Hitmonchan107 said:

Life lesson #1: You should never pull yourself away from Game of Thrones. For any reason. At all.

Like ODIN, I just started the second book (what will be the second season of the TV show as well) today. Part of me wanted to wait for the new season of the show, but I can't wait. Just can't do it.

As just general advice, I cannot recommend the show enough. SO. DAMN. GOOD.

<<<Winter is Coming

Ramirez

Hitmonchan107 said:
It definitely is.

My ass was handed to me thoroughly tonight. Not exactly the welcome back I was hoping for.

Sorry I left, Tunavi. When this game's bad, it's bad.

Tiny bloom rant: I never feel like I'm in control of my shots, but then I blame myself for not being better.

It varies so wildly from game to game due to lag, really crappy mechanic.

Booshka

Ramirez said:
That really is the strangest thing about Reach, how the netcode affects the Bloom. I just dont get it. I've played 100's of hours of Shadowrun, on all kinds of connections, and Bloom in that game is never affected by the connection. It makes Bloom infuriating in Reach when it changes game to game, combined with people eating shots, really shitty.

___

Neo Member
Is the weekly broken? Two of my friends and I just ran through Winter Contingency on Legendary with no skulls on and we beat it in 11:32, yet we got no credits for it. Did we miss something?

PNut

Banned
Ramirez said:

Better player usually wins though. Reach's netcode is far better than H3 and I would take a laggy game of Reach any day over a bunch of redbars on The Pit with BR's. No contest.

___ said:
Is the weekly broken? Two of my friends and I just ran through Winter Contingency on Legendary with no skulls on and we beat it in 11:32, yet we got no credits for it. Did we miss something?

Has to be done solo.

Top Bottom