• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Misriah Solutions presents:

Waiting for Destiny - Everything we know about Bungie's next game.

Nothing new in terms of huge revelations, just collecting stuff so far.

Let me know if I missed anything, I still haven't had a chance to check all of the recent BWUs for relevant info.

For now, I'm going to bed in a few minutes; this kept me up far too late.

Aerospace was less than expected, but I am happy to see what they are doing as a company.

Edit: Love the Destiny article Duncan. Very enlightening! Didn't catch that on ODST!!!

heckfu

Banned
ncsuDuncan said:

Let me know if I missed anything, I still haven't had a chance to check all of the recent BWUs for relevant info.

Brilliantly done. I love this kind of stuff and exactly why I keep coming back to Bungie.

stephen08

ncsuDuncan said:

I got a mention! Awesome. Very informative. What's the speculation on these shirts? Factions for the player to join?

wwm0nkey

ncsuDuncan said:

Ok this was a pretty awesome read.

stephen08 said:
I got a mention! Awesome. Very informative. What's the speculation on these shirts? Factions for the player to join?

Kind of sounds like it now, but we will find out soon I guess lol

wwm0nkey

So what do you guys think.

Title Update before Halo CEA

or

Contents of Title Update shown at Halo Fest and TU launches with or a little bit before Halo CEA

wwm0nkey said:
So what do you guys think.

Title Update before Halo CEA

or

Contents of Title Update shown at Halo Fest and TU launches with or a little bit before Halo CEA

My hopes are for it being released before Halo CEA but my brain says that it will be released on the day that CEA will be released. Only around 4 months so it's bareble

BTW, did you guys know that you can jump through the window in the gravity hammer room on Powerhouse? I just saw a guy do it 2 days ago and my mind was blown. I died so many times from nades when I sat there while I was one no-shields.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Tha Robbertster said:
BTW, did you guys know that you can jump through the window in the gravity hammer room on Powerhouse? I just saw a guy do it 2 days ago and my mind was blown. I died so many times from nades when I sat there while I was one no-shields.

Make a bailout gif!

wwm0nkey

ndr0ow.jpg

Lego: Halo confirmed :lol

The rest of the new Halo Mega Bloks

"Throwing Fireballs

Kill 7 enemies with grenades in a multiplayer Matchmaking game".

multiteam should be fun today!

"Hard Mode: Enabled

Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic with these skulls activated: None, ToughLuck, Thunderstorm, Tilt, Mythic"

Wut?

Louis Wu

A27 Tawpgun said:
What exactly does this take into account? Last time I played with you we won a bunch of games.

and I went crazy positive
My stats, not yours. My K/D when I played with you was 0.79 over 11 games. (If I remember correctly, most or all of these were in the Defiant playlist - where my overall K/D is 1.20 over 84 games.)

Basically, when I'm in a party with you, I'm playing about half as well as I do when I'm NOT in a party with you. :)
Hitmonchan107 said:
Okay, I mean it this time. I'm finally getting on Reach for the first time in more than two weeks.

Louis Wu, ready thyself. And Tunavi, too, you lurking fiend.
Dammit. I got offline (completely offline) just before before you wrote this. :( Sorry.

(I completely forgot - but it wouldn't have mattered, family takes precedence over LIVE.)

What is everyone's opinion on "Rebirth" in the Team Slayer playlist? I played it for the first time yesterday.

EDIT: Frankie, can you make sure Halo 4 has tele-fraging like in Halo CE and Halo 2?

The Real Napsta said:
What is everyone's opinion on "Rebirth" in the Team Slayer playlist? I played it for the first time yesterday.
Decent map, it would play better if there was no Jetpack in the loadouts. Spawns in Reach are somehow worse than they were in H3, so that's always a problem with smaller maps like this. Only played it a couple of times when testing it, so there's that to consider. What did you think of it?

Louis Wu

The Real Napsta said:

EDIT: Frankie, can you make sure Halo 4 has tele-fraging like in Halo CE and Halo 2?
Rebirth sucks. Too many power weapons, too broken with jetpacks.

Plus, it's got this very unpleasant exploit.

It's getting pulled from Doubles and Arena next week.

Tawpgun

The Real Napsta said:

Jetpack breaks it, and it wants to be the Pit, but the sides are too small, and all this leads to is players trading fire from their own side of the wall, whereas in the Pit you could move into the enemy side a bit.

While we're on custom maps... Think Twice is SO SO SO bad. I don't get its design at all it doesn't play fun at all. Affinity is terrible too. No sense of orientation and far too much gray.

Select could be fixed. Just needs a slab of cover or something on that main bridge. The map works great in doubles, but in 4 v 4 there was simply way too many DMR's in too open of a space. Right now its probably the best community 4 v 4 map.

Wh0 N0se said:
Is the guy on the turret using camo?

Never even thought of the possibility of Halo Lego, actually looks pretty sweet!!
That is Megablock and not Lego. And you can buy MegaBlock Halo for two years already ;) :)

GhaleonEB

ncsuDuncan said:

Very well done, and hit everything I could think of. A few times I thought you missed something, and then I scrolled down...nope, got it. Succinct and comprehensive.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

I figured we're going to be getting more and more clues in the next few months, so it would be handy to have a place to get the overall picture.

Is it sad that after ~7 hours of collecting info and typing it up, the thing I'm most proud of is how sharp that banner looks? :p

Steelyuhas said:
Life lesson #1: You should never pull yourself away from Game of Thrones. For any reason. At all.

Like ODIN, I just started the second book (what will be the second season of the TV show as well) today. Part of me wanted to wait for the new season of the show, but I can't wait. Just can't do it.

As just general advice, I cannot recommend the show enough. SO. DAMN. GOOD.

<<<Winter is Coming
That's a good lesson. Wait 'till you get to book 3, though. Then we'll talk. :lol

Just ordered book 5, myself. Is it July 12 yet?

Wh0 N0se

Blue Ninja said:
That's a good lesson. Wait 'till you get to book 3, though. Then we'll talk. :lol

Just ordered book 5, myself. Is it July 12 yet?

I started reading them about 3 eps into the actual series and am on A feast for Crows, they are awesome books.

Well done to Duncan, I don't normally read pieces like that on games that haven't said very much but your piece is very good and yes, you can be proud of your banner!

Tawpgun

1. I don't want to derail this topic, but to someone who hasn't touched anything in Game of Thrones. What makes it so special?

2. lmao at the Throwing Fireballs challenge. People are just selected nerfle loadouts or picking elite slayer and only using left trigger. smh.

And I still won both rumble pit games I went in :p

A27 Tawpgun said:
1. I don't want to derail this topic, but to someone who hasn't touched anything in Game of Thrones. What makes it so special?
Really well written is the key factor. Fascinating characters and power-plays, gritty, cut-throat, doesn't shy away from anything, lots of bad things happen to both good and bad people. Watch this 2 minute promo.

Wh0 N0se

Game of Thrones is worth it, whether you read the books or watch the TV series. Well written etc

Which one was Onslaught? I've forgotten!

Tashi0106 said:
It's good but not perfect.

I probably can't argue with you Tashi :p

I'm convinced that all of these shirts Bungie employees keep wearing are indeed some clothing ARG.... Or it could easily turn into one.

Here is an idea:

The destiny symbol, ship it to friends across the country, the symbol has some sort of code on it, the community has to work together to find out what it means. Only for it to end up being a couple set of coordinates. Thant link to locations across the USA. At those coordinates are buried air tight boxes, and inside them, a couple copies of an exclusive Beta/Alpha for the game.

Step off Juices, Hire Starwolf.

Karl2177 said:
For the record: Days with grenade kill challenges suck.
Note to 343: Get rid of the grenade kill challenges.

Yeah I'm frightened to get on Reach today because I know people are just going to be chucking nades for days.

Booshka

Tha Robbertster said:
Does anybody have the junior introduction form somewhere, I have a friend who's going to join in a few minutes.
Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.

AR or BR?

Favorite multiplayer map from Halo 2 and 3 (one of each).

Do you prefer BTB or MLG?

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?

Games completed on Legendary.

Are you EazyB?

Favorite Campaign missions (all games).

Favorite Reach playlists.

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).

Opinion on reticule bloom.

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you favor.

Why are you a Halo fan?

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite. (optional)

Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, we'd love to read it. (optional)

Booshka said:
Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.

AR or BR?

Favorite multiplayer map from Halo 2 and 3 (one of each).

Do you prefer BTB or MLG?

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?

Games completed on Legendary.

Are you EazyB?

Favorite Campaign missions (all games).

Favorite Reach playlists.

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).

Opinion on reticule bloom.

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you favor.

Why are you a Halo fan?

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite. (optional)

Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, we'd love to read it. (optional)

Thanks! Hope you guys are gonna like him.

ncsuDuncan said:

Thats an awesome read, thanks for putting that together. God, I cant wait for the eventual reveal.

Also, I hope we start getting small cryptic hints into the Halo 4 universe soon, so we can have plenty of time to build hype. I found the lack of an arg and cryptic details for Reach underwhelming. It just wasn't the same.

is there a halogaf tag? it'd be a lot easier than going through all your profiles and adding everyone. I'm not opposed to it but I figure I'd ask.

Top Bottom