• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Striker

Chateau, Eden Minor (Eden Prime), and Renova were accepted for Matchmaking. I'm not sure if those three were the only ones accepted or not; unfortunate if so, three maps added in before its send off from Bungie would be a little disappointing.

Homeboyd

Major Williams said:
Still didn't answer my question. I read the entire thread before posting my question here.
Additive meaning you can hit a double jackpot AND a super jackpot (if you're playing in one of the Double Jackpot playlists) So, 6000 + 30,000 is possible. Not 60k.

Also, Teabag THIS (Needs rendering)

Homeboyd said:
Additive meaning you can hit a double jackpot AND a super jackpot (if you're playing in one of the Double Jackpot playlists) So, 6000 + 30,000 is possible. Not 60k.

Also, Teabag THIS (Needs rendering)
Ahhh, ok, I wanted to clarify Ghaleon's post on the 2nd page. Makes sense now, thanks.
Appreciate it!

So has there been said anything about 343 attending at Gamescon this year? I'm not really informed about other studios that will have a boot this year but Halo has always been a main event to me.

Check out what Sqorck from HBO got in his Swag Bag:

2crrq84.jpg

2ypdqo6.jpg

Ken

Mikasangelos said:
oh shit i may have to get on Reach this weekend and next......I want dat ARMORZ
Which armor?

Or did you mean you'll get on Reach to get the jackpots to buy more armor?

FourDoor

Man that is freakin awesome!

I'm still bitter from not being able to check out with the bag o swag yesterday. Why let me add it to my cart, add CC info only to tell me it's gone!

/slow to click rant...

Tawpgun

Just got my Burn Bright Burn Blue shirt./

Kinda mad at the sizing in buying online shit. Last shirt I bought online was too big, so I go down a size here and now its a bit small. It's not like TOO small or anything, I just like my shirts a little more loose.

Fathead

Got my bag o swag. Had the Halo 3 extras disc, the Halo 2 soundtrack, an issue of Uprising, The Art of Halo, some pins, a bunch of stickers and a couple of mcfarlane figures.

Can't complain at all.

Still cannot express how crushed I am to not have gotten a bag.... I am holding out a sliver of hope that maybe perhaps somehow I will get one at PAX. besides that i am not even sure where I would go about getting one.

darthbob

Devin Olsen said:
Still cannot express how crushed I am to not have gotten a bag.... I am holding out a sliver of hope that maybe perhaps somehow I will get one at PAX. besides that i am not even sure where I would go about getting one.

Don't they still have ~400 left?

Don't be so sad, you'll have more chances, probably. >_>

I didn't get one either, feelsbadman.png

darthbob said:
350 last week, ~250 yesterday != 777

Edit: That's a far cry from 400 left, I feel dumb.
Could I get clarification here. Should I be F5ing bungies page waiting for More of these things? I spent 7 hours sitting in front of a computer dedicated to trying to do it, and I'll do it all over again if it means I have a shot at a bag.

feel

kylej said:
I have a feeling I'm going to get nothing but coal in my bag.
Yeah, I just know mine will be extremely underwhelming in comparison to some of the best ones xD

WOW at the one with that art folder

O D I N

GhaleonEB said:
Nah, I see a lot of people do that. Camo is pretty much worthless in Firefight because the attacking squad can always see you. I stick with it, as it's sort of like playing no AA at all. And also, because I try for no-death games.

I get a kick out of the clashes of different play styles in Arcadefight Doubles. I usually hang back, picking off enemies around the perimeter, while the other dude rushes the middle with rockets or FRG. Games like this one.

Some quick math for the other guy: 28 deaths x 5 second respawn = 140 seconds, or 2 minutes and 20 seconds respawning in a 20 minute game. Dude spent over 10% of the game waiting to respawn. It was downright impressive.

That's my playstyle almost to a T; I will occasionally rush into a crowd, but I prefer hanging back with a DMR/Sniper Rifle. But I also try to go for as many medals as possible. Once I get my 15 sniper kills, if I've died, I try to get a sword/hammer/Laser and go for the next 15.

I'm gonna make a point to play FF with you this week. I'm very excited about the Super Jackpots in every playlist. It's about time FF got some love.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Just finished the first episode. Has anybody made a nipple count? There were at least 23.

Keep that tally going as you watch the show. I'll need a full report on my desk next week.

wwm0nkey said:
*goes to watch show*

I hear the show is really awesome and well made though.

It is. So is the book.

Steelyuhas said:
Life lesson #1: You should never pull yourself away from Game of Thrones. For any reason. At all.

Like ODIN, I just started the second book (what will be the second season of the TV show as well) today. Part of me wanted to wait for the new season of the show, but I can't wait. Just can't do it.

As just general advice, I cannot recommend the show enough. SO. DAMN. GOOD.

<<<Winter is Coming

I'm gonna read all that I can. The 5th book comes out this month, and the week after that is the next Dresden Files book. I will drop EVERYTHING for Dresden Files.

wwm0nkey said:

I miss High Ground. That, Pit, and Construct were my favorite Halo 3 maps.

Just read your article Duncan. Well done, sir.

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
Yeah, I just know mine will be extremely underwhelming in comparison to some of the best ones xD

WOW at the one with that art folder
Yup, the art one has been the mother lode so far. I'd have those framed and on my wall. Lucky dude/dudette.

FyreWulff

I hate Wu so much. We were playing various playlists in pursuit of the Super Jackpot. So we're doing Doubles Attack, he gets an invite. Forgets that he's party leader, forgets to back out, so we're configured right into another game.

Me: "Hey, let's just vote for FF Limited and suicide out so we don't have to wait 20 minutes to accept that invite"

Wu: "Okay!"

*we then ensue with the suicides*

Me, jokingly: It's be hilarious if we get the Super Jackpot off that game

*Wu sees +30,000cR pop up at the end of the game*

*I don't*

10 games later, STILL NO JACKPOT FOR FYREWULFF

Sai-kun

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
Is that the girl's shirt?

Yeah it is :/ This is the first time a girl's shirt hasn't fit me particularly well. The actually shirt itself fits me just fine, but the neck is just too wide. Meh, I can make it work.

Top Bottom