• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

A27 Tawpgun said:
Also, in Headhunters
This goes for most of the animated features. The Spartans are portrayed as kind of cocky, almost childish. It SORT of makes sense since these are Spartan III's, but still. I was expecting a little more professionalism. My image of Spartans has always been this cold war machine, all business all the time.
Did you play Halo: Reach? Otherwise they did everything to finish the job. They even sacrificed their own life to finish the job. So in my opinion they were childish cold-war machine.

Tawpgun

wwm0nkey said:
I know, was just reposting it :)

I did try to find a match though and no, can not find one :/

No, now THIS would be a BR :lol

Would you look at that. Burst fire self paces the gun instead of putting an annoying cap on ROF. Or random bloom.

Liked the series but as Mona-Lisa was my favourite story in the book, I'm more anticipating that one.

Also, did those elites die in the explosion, can't really remember it from the book but the explosion in the end looked pretty devistating

A27 Tawpgun said:
Would you look at that. Burst fire self paces the gun instead of putting an annoying cap on ROF. Or random bloom.

Yep, well to be fair burst fire is the equivalent of a ROF cap, which isnt a bad thing at all.

GhaleonEB

wwm0nkey said:
No, now THIS would be a BR :lol
That looks so, so much better than the current DMR. It's almost painful to watch. :(

And I generally like the gunplay in Firefight/Campaign (which is why I play so much of it).

bobs99 ... said:
Yep, well to be fair burst fire is the equivalent of a ROF cap, which isnt a bad thing at all.
Limits the range of the weapon via the gradual spread, as well. Hemorrhage would play a lot better with it, as much more of the map would be viable to infantry.

Karl2177

I was playing Rumble Pit, and got disconnected from Live. I notice in the bottom corner of my screen +30000. Apparently the super jackpot can occur at anytime even if you aren't connected to the Reach servers(when it's awarded).

EDIT: yes, I'm getting hatemail for getting a Skullimanjaro. Will post after this game
EDIT2:
Vulgar language included. Not sure if appropriate for IMG tags
My response after the first one was "So I'm an idiot for not going into Rumble Pit not in a party, and winning?"
After the second one: "You lost while doing something. I think that means you suck."

feel

jerpie said:
I sincerely appreciate your honesty.
I can't be a coincidence that I've being teaming up exclusively with some of the greatest clueless morons xbox live has to offer on Halo 3 Ranked slayer ever since this post. Every single game since. :/

Louis Wu

Karl2177 said:
EDIT: yes, I'm getting hatemail for getting a Skullimanjaro. Will post after this game
EDIT2:
Vulgar language included. Not sure if appropriate for IMG tags
My response after the first one was "So I'm an idiot for not going into Rumble Pit not in a party, and winning?"
After the second one: "You lost while doing something. I think that means you suck."
rofl - your final response should be something on the order of "And how'd that work out for you?"

trollface.jpg

Louis Wu

Letters said:
I can't be a coincidence that I've being teaming up exclusively with some of the greatest clueless morons xbox live has to offer on Halo 3 Ranked slayer ever since this post. Every single game since. :/
I think a LOT of us have been seeing that recently. I think the population grew recently (probably because of the rampup to Bungie Day), and we're ALL seeing more inexperienced players in Reach - and those of us who go in alone a lot see them on our own team.

I do NOT think you've been singled out - because if you have, then I have, too, and that would be just plain mean of Jeremiah. :)

Oozer3993

A27_StarWolf said:
you know what Halo needs.

Optimus Prime.

Guess what movie I just saw?

Assassin's Creed did it first.

sSlE7.jpg

Striker

GhaleonEB said:
Hemorrhage would play a lot better with it, as much more of the map would be viable to infantry.
Hemorrhage is fine with a hitscan rifle, but sure the range needs to be limited, which is what the Halo 2 BR was.

Trasher

Dax01 said:
You know, I heard that Ghaleon was going to finish his campaign review by last Thursday. Hm...
I heard he's giving Hitmonchan the first look when they are shacked up at Pax. You jelly?

stephen08

GhaleonEB said:
Hit credit limit (why is this still in place?) for the day, no super jackpot. Again.

You may already know this but these daily jackpots aren't showing up in slot machines. You can see them in the credit payout right before the game ends or watch your credit total. You could be hitting it without realizing it.

FJ0372

Hey guys, I'm having a massively annoying problem when playing this game online and I would really appreciate some help. My brother recently bought a 360 so that we could both play online together on our own screens, on the same network at home. However every session we play, randomly in a game we will both be kicked mid-game and we have no idea why. The game treats it as if we are leaving when we're not (and punishes us by giving us those 15 minute bans).

We're both able to play COD: Black Ops together and this never happens so seems to be specific to this game. Both of our NAT ratings are open, so any ideas as to why this may be happening? sorry if this has been asked before, I searched but couldn't find anything relevant, any helpful replies would be much appreciated.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
FJ0372 said:
Hey guys, I'm having a massively annoying problem when playing this game online and I would really appreciate some help. My brother recently bought a 360 so that we could both play online together on our own screens, on the same network at home. However every session we play, randomly in a game we will both be kicked mid-game and we have no idea why. The game treats it as if we are leaving when we're not (and punishes us by giving us those 15 minute bans).

We're both able to play COD: Black Ops together and this never happens so seems to be specific to this game. Both of our NAT ratings are open, so any ideas as to why this may be happening? sorry if this has been asked before, I searched but couldn't find anything relevant, any helpful replies would be much appreciated.

Sounds like your connection is dropping mid-game or you are losing connection to the host mid-game.

FJ0372

Dani said:
Sounds like your connection is dropping mid-game or you are losing connection to the host mid-game.

Thanks for that Dani, any ideas why this might happen and how it can be resolved?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Try to determine if your internet connection is dropping. Try logging into a chat room or stream something with as little buffering as possible and play. If the chatroom or stream cuts off when you get kicked from the game, you'll know it;s a problem with your net connection.

I'm not the best person to ask for technical advice, just thought you should determine the exact cause down first so that you can fix it.

FJ0372

Sorry, I forgot to mention a probably monumentally important bit of information, in that this never happens when we both play on one Xbox 360. Only when we're playing seperately on our own Xbox 360's on the same network.

FyreWulff

My old router had the same problem. One 360 was fine, but once two 360s were connected, each 360 would keep knocking the other one offline.

I think the only way to fix it is to get a new router.

FJ0372

FyreWulff said:
My old router had the same problem. One 360 was fine, but once two 360s were connected, each 360 would keep knocking the other one offline.

I think the only way to fix it is to get a new router.

Interesting, I guess it could be a possibility, I have a relatively old Belkin wireless router (playing wired through it though) but that doesn't explain why the problem seems to be specific to Halo Reach.

FyreWulff

Oh yeah, it was the 360 entirely for me. 360 A would sign on just to the dashboard. 360 B would be connected and sign onto Live. 360 A wouldn't be able to send/recieve messages anymore, and about 2 minutes later would disconnect completely - and running the network test, it couldn't connect to Live.

MrBig

FJ0372 said:
Interesting, I guess it could be a possibility, I have a relatively old Belkin wireless router (playing wired through it though) but that doesn't explain why the problem seems to be specific to Halo Reach.
Reach sends a whole lot more data with its network model compared to CoD. Your router's likely not able to handle doing it twice at the same time. I've just got the (newest) verizon router recently (they require using their router thanks to integrated modems) and its able to handle 3 xboxes at once from what I've tried.

Top Bottom