• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GAFCUSTOMJULY1.jpg

When?

1am Superior Standard Time.

When is that in inferior time?

Figure it out yourself. London time plus or minus something. 1h45min from this post.

It invite only! How do I join?

Send a message via Live to Slightly Live. Just send a simple request for an invite and you'll be invited as soon as space opens up. Will reject Friend Rejects, bribes and offers of unscrupulous services in exchanges for entry.

Can my cousin's brother's friend's little step-brother join too?

Following the welcoming tradition of HaloGAF, of course not. There's a priority hierarchy when it comes to joining.

Awesome People > Random Members > Juniors > Lurkers/Stalkers/Flim-flammers/Bnet Kids/Siblings

What will be playing tonight?

A mix of Slayer, Classic, Objectives and lots of games involving the non-appearance of Armour Lock. Maybe one or two "silly" gametypes to wash the serious business down.

Do I need the Defiant and Noble map packs?

No. The on-disc maps are just swell.
Yes.

Oohh, I wanna join the customs. Its been a while for me, so I guess Ill send a request for an invite when they start.

*edit* Or should I send a message now, rather than once the fun starts?

kylej

Banned
selfportrait.png

When?

In like 2 hours.

When is that in inferior time?

In like 2 hours.

It invite only! How do I join?

Send a message via Live to jelyk. Will accept bribes and offers of unscrupulous services in exchanges for entry.

Can my cousin's brother's friend's little step-brother join too?

Yeah if your step-brother is Neighbor. Grifball kids please stay away thank you.

What will be playing tonight?

Squad Slayer DMRs, veto Reflection.

Do I need the Defiant and Noble map packs?

I don't know.

GhaleonEB

Send Dani's rejected bribes and offers of unscrupulous services my way, plz.
Dax01 said:
You know, I heard that Ghaleon was going to finish his campaign review by last Thursday. Hm...
Didn't happen. Maybe this week. I know, I know. But I did spend over six hours writing and editing.

Sorry guys, my xbox just froze up and I had to turn it off. Anyways, my girlfriend just called and Im gonna pick her up from work soon. If customs are still going Ill join up when back. That is, if there is room.

Karl2177

I love the random black screen that causes my Xbox to freeze. On a side note, I had a pretty sweet no-scope on the Spire game.

Looks like I wasn't the only one with that problem.

FyreWulff

I just renewed my Bungie Pro. Probably the last time I'm going to be able to do that :(

(depends on what happens to that functionality post-handoff)

FyreWulff said:
I just renewed my Bungie Pro. Probably the last time I'm going to be able to do that :(

I'd better do it soon so for access to the API.

Booshka

FyreWulff said:

Mind putting some of those Render minutes to use? I got a sweet play in one of the Custom games I played with GAF.

Here's a screenshot from the clip.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Screenshot.ashx?fid=19957281&size=medium
Here is the clip itself.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=19957381&player=Booshka

FyreWulff said:
It's only 320 points now because they lowered it to 6 month increments. I'd just do it now.

Plus, you'll get the DMR nameplate.
But I'll need it from about September till some time in Spring really. So, if I just get a six month sub for pro, will I only have access to the API for that six month period?

FyreWulff

Hydranockz said:
But I'll need it from about September till some time in Spring really. So, if I just get a six month sub for pro, will I only have access to the API for that six month period?

Actually I think you can generate your access key as soon as you subscribe, and that key keeps working regardless of the status of your Bungie Pro subscription. You'd need an active subscription to generate a new one though.

I think if the whole Pro stuff gets turned off, they're not just going to shut people out of the API..

FyreWulff said:
Actually I think you can generate your access key as soon as you subscribe, and that key keeps working regardless of the status of your Bungie Pro subscription. You'd need an active subscription to generate a new one though.

I think if the whole Pro stuff gets turned off, they're not just going to shut people out of the API..
That's awesome. Yeah, I didn't think they would be shutting people out, but rather, that they might have had a window where keys couldn't be generated while the hand over took place.

GhaleonEB said:
Had an unfortunate run in during a game of Invasion on Breakpoint.

Also, I'm convinced the 30k jackpot is a hoax. 40+ games between yesterday and today, no dice. This is typical for me with these things.

Was that me driving the wraith? If so my apologies, kind of hard steering that thing with such a horrible connection. Game was in the red basically from start to finish which eventually led to quitting on both sides. Halo Reach MM at its finest lol At least we won ;)

GhaleonEB

xxxstylzxxx said:
Was that me driving the wraith? If so my apologies, kind of hard steering that thing with such a horrible connection. Game was in the red basically from start to finish which eventually led to quitting on both sides. Halo Reach MM at its finest lol At least we won ;)
Looks like it was. Share the road! :p

Edit: credit limit reached second day in a row. No jackpot.

Karl2177 said:
I love the random black screen that causes my Xbox to freeze. On a side note, I had a pretty sweet no-scope on the Spire game.

Looks like I wasn't the only one with that problem.
MrBig said:
Getting griefed on boneyard killed any will I had to play.
Oh lord, you guys played Spire and Boneyard. Thank god I didn't play.

On a more serious note, every time I play Reach recently, I quickly find that I have no interest in playing. Hopefully that TU drops significantly before CEA.

That new Boneyard 1 flag actually wasn't terrible. The spawn system was a bit better you had to make it all the way past middle to get flag and when you had it the enemy spawned near middle-ish, not at their base giving them 2 chances to return flag and return time wasn't terrible but just right.

That Boardwalk 1-flag I walked in on SUCKED. Our team clearly was shitting on kids but they were able to body walk the flag in just dieing over and over cause return time was way off...spawn time was off too.

Objective is all about settings. If only someone in charge realized this. Sigh, still waiting for that invite...

MrBig

xxjuicesxx said:
That new Boneyard 1 flag actually wasn't terrible. The spawn system was a bit better you had to make it all the way past middle to get flag and when you had it the enemy spawned near middle-ish, not at their base giving them 2 chances to return flag and return time wasn't terrible but just right.
You say that because you were on the other team. If we took one step into the open we would get demolished by everyone on your team DMRing us from across the map, stripping shield before we could do anything. There's just so many places to camp that there's no way to fix that map. Especially with the flags situated the way they were.

MrBig said:
You say that because you were on the other team. If we took one step into the open we would get demolished by everyone on your team DMRing us from across the map, stripping shield before we could do anything. There's just so many places to camp that there's no way to fix that map. Especially with the flags situated the way they were.

OK not really, it started unbalanced teams in your teams favor (#-wise), and it was ROUNDS we both worked the same system...our team was just better (unbalanced teams is a part of GAF customs)

Plus, You were the MAIN guy imo (or in my experience) crouching, pinging me cross map, I couldn't escape twice and died two stupid deaths to you. In fact I took your position over in that little tower to the side of flag, towards the end of the second round.

Can you really say its easier to camp the map with the flag outside of that "base" they made than being INSIDE it? Hell the entire map was ruined basically by giving the third loadout Swords and putting the core inside...in Invasion I mean. I know we played objective 1flag.

I dunno I really think by putting flag outside that base but the offense spawn further away is a much better alternative, plus more of the map gets used.

Looking at the stats besides Gabo who had 4 kills on our team, 2 of your team members had the highest Kill distance.

It was just unbalanced teams that led to your dislike, maybe?

MrBig

xxjuicesxx said:
OK not really, it started unbalanced teams in your teams favor (#-wise), and it was ROUNDS we both worked the same system...our team was just better (unbalanced teams is a part of GAF customs)

Plus, You were the MAIN guy imo (or in my experience) crouching, pinging me cross map, I couldn't escape twice and died two stupid deaths to you. In fact I took your position over in that little tower to the side of flag, towards the end of the second round.

Can you really say its easier to camp the map with the flag outside of that "base" they made than being INSIDE it? Hell the entire map was ruined basically by giving the third loadout Swords and putting the core inside...in Invasion I mean. I know we played objective 1flag.

I dunno I really think by putting flag outside that base but the offense spawn further away is a much better alternative, plus more of the map gets used.

Looking at the stats besides Gabo who had 4 kills on our team, 2 of your team members had the highest Kill distance.

It was just unbalanced teams that led to your dislike, maybe?
No, it's just an absolutely terrible map with nothing to do but jet pack and camp.

I was referring to our last defensive round in which we were trapped at our spawn.

Top Bottom