• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

stephen08

GhaleonEB said:
Looks like it was. Share the road! :p

Edit: credit limit reached second day in a row. No jackpot.

Did you see my post about this on the last page?

stephen08 said:
You may already know this but these daily jackpots aren't showing up in slot machines. You can see them in the credit payout right before the game ends or watch your credit total. You could be hitting it without realizing it.

Are you sure you're not overlooking it?

I thought with Ghal in my friendlist, I would never be on place 1 in Score Attack. But these days of pessimistic dreams are now over! Ladies and Gentlemens, I'm now at Place 1 at Score Attack. (In my friendlist)

Because I'm an assh... ehm a German, I have to post that: I have a higher score than:
Gui_PT
BlueNinja
Ghal
Ken
Tunavi
ZayneH
Devin Olsen
Flipyap
TJ Trasher
bobs99
MrBig
nscuDuncan
A27 Starwolf

All of you are loser! muhahaha muhahaha! Try to beat me! But you can't! *evilgermanlaugher*

Ken

Hypertrooper said:
I thought with Ghal in my friendlist, I would never be on place 1 in Score Attack. But these days of pessimistic dreams are now over! Ladies and Gentlemens, I'm now at Place 1 at Score Attack. (In my friendlist)

Because I'm an assh... ehm a German, I have to post that: I have a high score than:
Gui_PT
BlueNinja
Ghal
Ken
Tunavi
ZayneH
Devin Olsen
Flipyap
TJ Trasher
bobs99
MrBig
nscuDuncan
A27 Starwolf

All of you are loser! muhahaha muhahaha! Try to beat me! But you can't! *evilgermanlaugher*
Do you get ranked for your best game in any game type/map in score attack or is it something else.

Ken said:
No I mean how do they place you on the score attack leader boards.
Oh, sorry. I haven't read the whole question. Only your best score on the gametype will get ranked. It doesn't matter on which map you get it. There are seperated leaderboards for each gametype. And there are no ranks like onyx etc.

Btw. I haven't seen Halo: Legends since January 2011, but in the new HaloWaypoint video Hero Courage are some unseen footage I think. (Like the nuke bomb drop at the end of the video) http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/intel/featured/video/herocourage/c2ada678-e9ce-4db9-9ce9-1864070bd198 Are these scenes in Halo: Legends? Maybe I should rewatch it today.

Hypertrooper said:
Btw. I haven't seen Halo: Legends since January 2011, but in the new HaloWaypoint video Hero Courage are some unseen footage I think. (Like the nuke bomb drop at the end of the video) http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/intel/featured/video/herocourage/c2ada678-e9ce-4db9-9ce9-1864070bd198 Are these scenes in Halo: Legends? Maybe I should rewatch it today.
I believe I recall those scenes, somewhat re-edited (with a changed perception due to the voice over). Speaking of which, who does the voice over?

All that video did was remind me of how god awful Miranda was written and voiced in Halo 3. Ugh.

I always used to try to reach a higher score then those scores that show up in the left upper corner but after score attack got that major update, something seems to be wrong with the scores that are displayed.

There aren't manny scores to break either since so few friends of mine enter the playlist and the only time I go into it is when there is a firefight daily.

Sqork framed the artwork he received in his swag bag! (more at HBO).

RBX5Wl.jpg

8LLSgl.jpg

And i love this one! Lol

abBqSl.jpg

Wow I hate Slayer Pro so much.

It's not the fact that it's DMR, Sprint only. That's my favourite setup in the game - If I can keep a wealth of DMR ammo and manage my sprint bar well, I am nearly always extremely happy with my performance. It's not even really the fact that there's no motion sensor - in many gametypes I quite like no motion sensor - and it was definitely my favourite way to play the previous Halo games.

It's the fact that people somehow turn into complete and utter fuckwits when Slayer Pro comes up. I'm not sure whether it's incompetence with the DMR for the vast majority of players, or the ease of the double melee/pummel, or maybe even the manic laughter you here from proximity chat while being assassinated - that indicates that people enjoy the assassination animations far too much. But for some reason, Slayer Pro turns the game into something resembling COD Hardcore mode. Numerous times on Reflection tonight I encountered enemy players crouching behind blocks/fountains/corners waiting for the next unsuspecting victim for their melee kills. I got wise to it of course, and altered my route and/or stuck with team mates to ensure no camper would go unpunished. This of course did nothing - as the enemy team resorted to camping with shotguns, sniper rifles and one player in particular - a rocket launcher. Let's ignore the fact that holding a wealth of power weapons is a quick and easy road to victory, and instead - hide in corners for a melee kill... if they see you, fire your power weapons for an easy kill and run off to a new spot to restart the process. The biggest offender were the plasma grenades... god forbid you put up a fight when noticing a corner camper, a total of 4 grenades headed in your direction and they ran to hide, waiting for the next easy encounter.

Ultimately, it's not the games fault - nor is it really the enemy team's fault - the strategy worked, something like 50-39. However it ended an otherwise amazing night of Halo on a sour note, and made everything seem thoroughly unenjoyable. I figure that it's a combination of two realizations that got me frustrated enough to post a rant on GAF. One, the motion sensor deserves to be in nearly all gametypes that involve power weapons. Some might not agree, given that it can assist campers/hiders/assassination-jockeys greatly. However it nearly always forces them to move dreadfully slow around the map to do so. The fact that they have to crouch walk to get the jump on someone 90% of the time, or reveal themselves on the motion sensor to move to a new position at any respectable speed, means that your average Halo player - that is, the Halo player who doesn't want to play COD hide and seek, can enjoy themselves and get revenge on douchebags.

The second realization is that there seems to be some revitalization of the userbase (some 50,000 users on tonight, normally it's 30-35k). This is great news for Reach - but the 'new' users that I seem to be getting matched with are exceedingly terrible and/or griefers. The level of 'point blank plasma grenade into armour lock', or 'realize I'm getting outgunned and spam every grenade I have before I die', or 'I can't DMR so I'll sprint double melee everyone I find' - are reaching new heights. I can deal with the vast majority of it, but it was starting to feel that either trueskill/matchmaking had weeded out these players, or started matching me against good/great players 99% of the time... the players who can use a sniper rifle, or have a good DMR battle, or best of all - use the handgun the way it was meant to be used, that is, pacing shots and outgunning an AR sprayer. Now since the spike in players, I'm seeing post-game screens where the tool of destruction for some players is the Assault Rifle at 10+ kills and no headshots the entire match, or a massive amount of players who are unloading entire clips of the handgun in 2 seconds flat, relying on luck to get them an accidental kill.

It's not all bad, these players are ultimately boosting my KDR/BPR/KD-Spread - and even moreso for my not-always-good-but-not-bad friend who is crawling from 0.99 KDR upto 1.04 much to his delight. It's just incredibly frustrating watching a small number of douchebags making many games slightly less enjoyable then it should be.

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:
You don't get ranked :/ I just needed sth. for my ego.
I'll swap candy with you if you tell me your secrets

Really, I was hoping someone from Germany would pop up

MrBig said:
I'll swap candy with you if you tell me your secrets

Really, I was hoping someone from Germany would pop up
Already 2 other german-speaking user take part in the CandySwap. But I know, I'm the best one :p

GhaleonEB

stephen08 said:
Are you sure you're not overlooking it?
It hasn't shown up in the little post-game pop up either.

Hypertrooper said:
I'm 1st place in 5 of the 10 Score Attack game types on my list, 2 of 3 in Firefight Doubles and 3 of 4 in Limited. I don't look to the leaderboards when playing, but it's a side effect if playing so much FF.

I haven't done regular Score Attack in months; I'm 6th place in my leader board. But at the time, I thought I'd pushed my score as high as it could go - getting a few thousand over that is pretty impressive.

Devin Olsen said:
Wait, did I mess something up... or is this weeks weekly the same as last weeks?

Do you come from the future? It's sunday brah, last week's was a firefight grind

Stripper13 said:
Wow I hate Slayer Pro so much.

The worst thing about slayer pro is the fact you can spawn with two plasma grenades, some unscrupulous folks are quite happy to go a kill for a kill with pointblank sticks.

Another problem you had was you were playing Reflection. Snipe, shotty, rockets and sword is far too much for that map.

thee henery said:
Do you come from the future? It's sunday brah, last week's was a firefight grind
. . .

I no joke had this weeks weekly a few days ago. I playing Nightfall and beat it in under 12 minutes for 10,000 creds.

wtf

Here is the game -

wait I am an idiot, and worded my initial post wrong.

So what happened is I finished this weeks weekly a couple days ago (see link above) however today I am able to finish the weekly again for another 10k credits. Did I somehow cheat the system?

Devin Olsen said:
. . .

I no joke had this weeks weekly a few days ago. I playing Nightfall and beat it in under 12 minutes for 10,000 creds.

wtf

Here is the game -

wait I am an idiot, and worded my initial post wrong.

So what happened is I finished this weeks weekly a couple days ago (see link above) however today I am able to finish the weekly again for another 10k credits. Did I somehow cheat the system?

Ah, this happened to someone on my friendslist yesterday, he was paranoid that he was going to get get credit reset. Perhaps it's a glitch with this weeks challenge? Also, there is a way to reset challenges indefinately, something to do with the router, maybe you accidently triggered it somehow.

neoism said:
yeah this jackpot shit is a joke. :/

I shit you not i got the 30,000 jackpot yesterday not once but twice. The first was around 11:30pm Central then again at 1:00am. At first I thought this was two different days but Nutter told me the day doesn't restart until 2:00am Central. I am not mad.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Hypertrooper said:
Yep, those nuke scenes are from Legends. Just re-edited in such a to make it difficult to pin down where they came from. Guess I did my job. :)

Gui_PT

Hypertrooper said:

Because I'm an assh... ehm a German, I have to post that: I have a higher score than:
Gui_PT
BlueNinja
Ghal
Ken
Tunavi
ZayneH
Devin Olsen
Flipyap
TJ Trasher
bobs99
MrBig
nscuDuncan
A27 Starwolf

I ain't even tryin'

Tawpgun

Booties said:
Cool, so when can I go back to blaining and waping?
Hopefully like 3 EST when I'll be home.

Also got the day off for Bungie Day. Urk, should I PM you my address right now to save time?

Also I think every sent steak should come with a letter of defeat, signed by the guy who issued the challenge, Luke. Just so it tastes sweeter.

Booties

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
Hopefully like 3 EST when I'll be home.

Also got the day off for Bungie Day. Urk, should I PM you my address right now to save time?

Also I think every sent steak should come with a letter of defeat, signed by the guy who issued the challenge, Luke. Just so it tastes sweeter.
I'm actually leaving for work at 3. Gotta close too so I'll be gone all day.

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
Anyone want to put together a Bungie Day thread banner? I'm going to post the thread on the 5th or 6th.
sure :)

pm me please because
I really don't know much of Bungie's history besides Halo

I'm also in the planning stages of a full piece for Halo's 10th anniversary.

e: wow. I just loaded up Halo PC while forgetting to unplug my other monitor (tv connected via hdmi to my amp via optical and ATH-M50s) and the game just sounds amazing. Besides that its my first time listening to it with these headphones, but the guns just don't sound like toys. The pistol sounds like a cannon :lol

neoism said:
yeah this jackpot shit is a joke. :/

Seriously. I played a dozen games yesterday and didn't get anything. I'm on game 5 or 6 right now and it seems to be the same. Of course, a buddy of mine gets it on his second game.

So FF games count for the jackpot too, right?

Gui_PT

cool_dude_2049 said:
Seriously. I played a dozen games yesterday and didn't get anything. I'm on game 5 or 6 right now and it seems to be the same. Of course, a buddy of mine gets it on his second game.

So FF games count for the jackpot too, right?

I hit the Jackpot on my 1st FF match yesterday. So yes.

Sai-kun

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Anyone want to put together a Bungie Day thread banner? I'm going to post the thread on the 5th or 6th.

Can we just reuse the same shitty one I've been posting since '08 where I just color over last year's numbers and put the new numbers?

Thermite

Captain Blood said:
I shit you not i got the 30,000 jackpot yesterday not once but twice. The first was around 11:30pm Central then again at 1:00am. At first I thought this was two different days but Nutter told me the day doesn't restart until 2:00am Central. I am not mad.

15y6dm9.jpg

So I finally got the Jackpot, but it didn't show up in my slot machine. When the game ended I saw that it said 30,000 credits but the slot machine only came up as 300. I saw my progress bar increase significantly though.

I'm pretty sure I hit the big jackpot when it was in Arena twice cause I swear at the end of the game there was five digits, but then during the credit collection screen I didn't see the big bonus, so I think it gave it to me twice in a day but took the second one away...

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
xxjuicesxx said:
I'm pretty sure I hit the big jackpot when it was in Arena twice cause I swear at the end of the game there was five digits, but then during the credit collection screen I didn't see the big bonus, so I think it gave it to me twice in a day but took the second one away...

There's been multiple reports of the bonus popping up at the end of the game but not in the Credits screen totals.

Kinda screwy but free extra bonus is free and all.

Dani said:
There's been multiple reports of the bonus popping up at the end of the game but not in the Credits screen totals.

Kinda screwy but free extra bonus is free and all.

Yea not complaining since I knew I could only get it once, it was just a surprise and then an "ohhhhh alright"... moment. It didn't count either as I was close to Legend so I was watching credits tally up.

Top Bottom