• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tawpgun

Sai-kun said:
Yeah it is :/ This is the first time a girl's shirt hasn't fit me particularly well. The actually shirt itself fits me just fine, but the neck is just too wide. Meh, I can make it work.

Why don't people post the dimensions of shirts if you're buying them online. I've had such bad luck with buying online shirts that after Burn Bright Burn Blue I'll probably never buy one again.

Unless I give in to the hype again...

Also, anyone mind sparing a render minute?
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=19866195&player=Tawpgun

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Sai-kun said:
Yeah it is :/ This is the first time a girl's shirt hasn't fit me particularly well. The actually shirt itself fits me just fine, but the neck is just too wide. Meh, I can make it work.
Ahh I know which you're talkin about. That's a bummer.

Kuroyume

Banned
Post pics of you guys wearing the shirts. Want to see how tight they are lol.

Anyway...

Don't know if the 343 guys are playing the Uncharted 3 beta but there's this really cool thing in it that I would like to see you guys also include in Halo 4. They have this feature called Uncharted TV. It's like a small video located in the corner of the menu and it has a rotation of Uncharted trailers and a Vidoc running. You can watch these videos while matchmaking is doing it's thing. It's freaking great. I would prefer that games killed matchmaking altogether and go back to a rooms list but that't not going to happen with Halo and I think if matchmaking is going to be in there than this should be feature of the next Halo game. It has made the drag of waiting for matchmaking to do its thing easier to deal with. You guys could run your DLC trailers, vidocs, plays of the week, and other random crap right on there.

Kuroyume said:
Post pics of you guys wearing the shirts. Want to see how tight they are lol.

Anyway...

Don't know if the 343 guys are playing the Uncharted 3 beta but there's this really cool thing in it that I would like to see you guys also include in Halo 4. They have this feature called Uncharted TV. It's like a small video located in the corner of the menu and it has a rotation of Uncharted trailers and a Vidoc running. You can watch these videos while matchmaking is doing it's thing. It's freaking great. I would prefer that games killed matchmaking altogether and go back to a rooms list but that't not going to happen with Halo and I think if matchmaking is going to be in there than this should be feature of the next Halo game. It has made the drag of waiting for matchmaking to do its thing easier to deal with. You guys could run your DLC trailers, vidocs, plays of the week, and other random crap right on there.
It'd be awesome if you could have random videos from your library playing in there.

Sai-kun said:

Look at the bright side, if women's clothes aren't fitting, you are now a man!

jk bro <3

Tawpgun

I hope Waypoint is integrated fully into the game. Waypoint itself is an amazing application but it sucks to have to leave game in order to use it.

Sai-kun

Banned
Blue shirt!: http://twitpic.com/5jvbyt

On second/third glances, I don't mind the wide neck so much. It's different from all my other shirts, but I suppose I can get used to it :) Forgive my goofy smile, I kept taking pictures and just when I thought I'd gotten a good angle, I'd end up taking the picture only to cut half of myself off. I did that like 6 times XD

Hey You

I would love to be able to force people out of party chat (besides booting) in custom games via a setting in the gametype. I dunno if it would be possible, but it would be nice to have.

I was just thinking about this and thought I'd ask Halo-GAF: How many of you play Reach for fun, and how many of you play just to grind for credits? Just wondering because I asked my friends the same thing and the general consensus was that they played for to get credits; it gives them an incentive to keep playing. But then I asked them why, and they said "just 'cause." I can't think of any reason why anyone would play just to get credits.

MrBig

-Yeti said:
I was just thinking about this and thought I'd ask Halo-GAF: How many of you play Reach for fun, and how many of you play just to grind for credits? Just wondering because I asked my friends the same thing and the general consensus was that they played for to get credits; it gives them an incentive to keep playing. But then I asked them why, and they said "just 'cause." I can't think of any reason why anyone would play just to get credits.
Ya, I see absolutely no reason to play mp for credits alone. It's pointless. theres not any abstractly different armor you can buy with it and the ranks mean nothing. I don't play halo anymore unless I have friends on, because that's the only way I can get any fun out of it.

Sai-kun

Banned
-Yeti said:

A lot of my online friends play this game (Halogaf, people from twitter, people on other forums), and I love playing games with my friends. I never play Reach unless I've got at least 1 or 2 people to play with. Every time I play, I swear I always say at least once, "I hate this game so fucking much." And while that's not exactly true, this isn't my favorite game, but I put up with some of its BS because I just can't quit it ;P Friends are too fun. Y'all are too cool.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm watching my buddy play Score Attack on Glacier, and he lost three lives in the very first wave. It's nice to know some people are worse at Halo than me, hah.

Sai-kun said:
A lot of my online friends play this game (Halogaf, people from twitter, people on other forums), and I love playing games with my friends. I never play Reach unless I've got at least 1 or 2 people to play with. Every time I play, I swear I always say at least once, "I hate this game so fucking much." And while that's not exactly true, this isn't my favorite game, but I put up with some of its BS because I just can't quit it ;P Friends are too fun. Y'all are too cool.

I'm the exact same way. I get so pissed off at the game when playing by myself, but when I'm donging with several other people, I can actually laugh about my misfortunes with them and just generally have a better time. Also it helps a lot when you have friends that a really good players.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
omg.kittens said:
I'm watching my buddy play Score Attack on Glacier, and he lost three lives in the very first wave. It's nice to know some people are worse at Halo than me, hah.

Isn't the first wave always Grunts? Is Ram at your house?

Sai-kun

Banned
Letters said:
Like the fist of an angry god if you agreed to keep the shirt on.

< not even gay

0kbqz.jpg

Recarpo

Another interesting trueskill match up.

Squad slayer game, 1 teammate with 2 guests and then another random player. One has 25 total kills and has played 4 games of matchmaking, the other 407 total kills in matchmaking.

No idea why the system would match me up with these guys on either team but what followed was not pretty...

Game time

There's almost 3k players in squad slayer why would it make this match?

Ramirez

Out of all the people playing this game, the best match that MM can find is a group of 5 from Japan?

picard-facepalm.jpg

And with that game, I bowed out for the night, stunning.

Booshka

KidA Seven said:
A piece of crap movie.
I'm about to go kill some brain cells and watch that movie with my friend. I haven't seen the second one, because the first one was shit. Only watching this one because it's a free movie and my friend doesn't want to watch it alone.

I got the Super Jackpot on my 3rd game of the day, played some arena and got a couple slot machine's of 3K. I have clip of one of the longest Warthog jumps I have ever been a part of in MM. It was a pretty cool bomb plant escape with Tawpgun.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=19900347&player=Booshka

FyreWulff

GhaleonEB said:
Hit credit limit (why is this still in place?) for the day, no super jackpot. Again.

Prevent boosting. Although I swear remembering that they said it'd be increased even more as time went on. Probably going to happen soon.

Pretty sure you can still keep playing and get the jackpot though, as Jackpots and Super Jackpots don't count against the cap.

GhaleonEB

FyreWulff said:
Prevent boosting. Although I swear remembering that they said it'd be increased even more as time went on. Probably going to happen soon.

Pretty sure you can still keep playing and get the jackpot though, as Jackpots and Super Jackpots don't count against the cap.
It was a rhetorical question. :p

The cap was increased from 60k to 120k a while back. Ideally, it would scale up along with player rank, as it's much easier to hit it at high rank than lower. The only time I've every played enough to hit the rank has been trying for the super jackpots recently. I wish there was a mechanic in place to award it if you don't receive it after X number of games; I generally play quite a bit over the weekends and I've won 4-5 total since these started.

GhaleonEB said:
It was a rhetorical question. :p

The cap was increased from 60k to 120k a while back. Ideally, it would scale up along with player rank, as it's much easier to hit it at high rank than lower. The only time I've every played enough to hit the rank has been trying for the super jackpots recently. I wish there was a mechanic in place to award it if you don't receive it after X number of games; I generally play quite a bit over the weekends and I've won 4-5 total since these started.
In the same game my buddy got one of the jackpots and I didn't. I've played for nearly 3 hours today...

Could people stop to post pics from their bags? When I'm seeing this I know, that I never get an Art folder :/ And my bag hasn't even shipped yet :(

Hitmonchan107 said:
Can't wait for customs tonight! It's been too long.

Did we have a customs night to indoctrinate welcome the new wave of juniors?
I think so.

-Yeti said:

I doubt many people would admit to it, but I know personally I could play Halo 3 customs all day long for the fun of it. With Reach if the credit payout isnt good I wont bother with certain playlists, which kind of speaks for itself really.

By the way theres a dude that looks just like Frankie at my workplace, to the extent that every time I see him I have the sudden urge to talk to him about Halo. Its uncanny how much he looks like him.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I ordered more PC parts today for my build. I'm just a couple weeks away now from getting everything I need. I'll be reinventing my stream when it's time too. Higher quality, balanced audio, hot & sexy gameplay. It will actually be worth watching lol. And then a little further down the line, HD streaming. I'm hoping by September to hook that up.

Gui_PT said:
I know I haven't been here in a while. But could you guys please save a spot for tonight?
Saving a spot seems kind of awkward, surely like always people will pop in and out quite quickly, there's nearly always a spot.

Headhunters 3 is up.
I didnt really like the fact that the dude managed to miss his entire Pistol clip on a 1 shot elite standing still, but could then shoot a nade out of the air
In general though I quite liked this series.

bobs99 ... said:
Headhunters 3 is up.
I didnt really like the fact that the dude managed to miss his entire Pistol clip on a 1 shot elite standing still, but could then shoot a nade out of the air
Bloom :p

MrBig

Anyone want to play some Reach (or H3) today? It's been a week since I've played and I think my hate for it has simmered down for a little while at least

aj1467

bobs99 ... said:
Headhunters 3 is up.

I thought that was a bit weird, but apart from that
it was awesome.

Tawpgun

Louis Wu said:
Spared.

Also rendered.

Thanks! Also, that jump seemed a lot bigger in game than it did on film. Either way, it was still awesome.

Also, in Headhunters
This goes for most of the animated features. The Spartans are portrayed as kind of cocky, almost childish. It SORT of makes sense since these are Spartan III's, but still. I was expecting a little more professionalism. My image of Spartans has always been this cold war machine, all business all the time.

Still amazing though.

Top Bottom