• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

I hope Bungie has a special challange for Bungie day since the weekly isn't really that special.

I think they've known for some time that they are gonna say goodby to Halo on this year's Bungie day so it's possible that they've added a challange for the occasion.

kylej

Banned
Krispy said:
So has anyone noticed this before?

pkqLml.png

Bungie's fist symbol and Black Power's are remarkably similar.

It's an homage to Zeus, not Black Power. Zeus had control of the sky.

img_zeus.jpg

A27 Tawpgun said:
I am not a fan of this weekly. Any weekly that can be completed so easily and worth so little is a weekly wasted....

I agree, but when has a challenge ever actually been challenging? Most challenges are either really easy or just take a lot of grinding, I cant think of many challenges except for the laso's which have actually prompted a fun new challenging way to play the game.

As it stands if the only options are: easy cr or long boring grind, im happy to take the easy cr challenges lol.

I also hope theres a special challenge on Bungie day.

Just had a daydream...loaded up Bungie.net on Bungie Day...

And an article all about the free Covenant themed Forge World download was there in all it's glory.

Love, Bungie.

*wakes up from daydream*

Hey, it could happen, right?

Tawpgun

Why do people want a covenant forge world, it would be terrible.

All Gray? More like All Purple.

But the biggest problem is that covenant architecture is very rounded making for very awkward forge pieces.

A27 Tawpgun said:

But the biggest problem is that covenant architecture is very rounded making for very awkward forge pieces.

I would kill for more rounded pieces...all those angles are hard to work with sometimes. :)

But I guess ANY kind of new dedicated Forge map would be awesome...

A27 Tawpgun said:

I think a human forge world would be better. There are a lot of different styles in Reach from what's seen in the 1th and 3th mission to Exodus and New-Alexandria.

Just give us the same basic pieces and make several skins for them. I'm not really familiar with how this works but I can't imagine that it would take many recourses.

Kujo

Yay, I love easy weekly challenges

I want a Halo 2 themed Forge World. And by that I just mean I want Halo 2 maps.

Mik2121

Sikamikanico said:
I would kill for more rounded pieces...all those angles are hard to work with sometimes. :)

But I guess ANY kind of new dedicated Forge map would be awesome...
If you think straight angles are hard to work with, you will cry when you get rounded pieces...

Tha Robbertster said:
I think a human forge world would be better. There are a lot of different styles in Reach from what's seen in the 1th and 3th mission to Exodus and New-Alexandria.

Just give us the same basic pieces and make several skins for them. I'm not really familiar with how this works but I can't imagine that it would take many recourses.

Agreed, forge world is fine, Forge world maps that look like the same shit is not, that's why i stick to premium battle, the map selection is glorious.

Blueblur1

Got all the challenges today. I got the 30k jackpot on Saturday and Sunday, too. I'm gonna play some MP for it later today after I tire of Persona.

Tawpgun

I've never hit the credit limit, but assuming I'll be playing all day on Bungie Day... Might finally hit it. Hopefully they put some MM challenges and jackpots in the playlist.

MrBig

The best solution is Human. Widest range of colors, styles, and shapes. The base can be white, gray and black, but have large areas definable by the color settings in forge. Having multiple textures would be a huge drain on resources since it has to load everything no matter what, so the best way would just have large areas defined in each texture's alpha that blend with (not solidly) it to give each object a unique appearance that the forger can set.

A27 Tawpgun said:
I've never hit the credit limit, but assuming I'll be playing all day on Bungie Day... Might finally hit it. Hopefully they put some MM challenges and jackpots in the playlist.

I'll be playing as well, I have work though, So doubtful I will hit the limit.

Zel3

woot just got 41,235 credits in one game. :O

All those weekend games I never got a jackpot in finally paid off.

A27_StarWolf said:
*grabs popcorn.

Snatches popcorn.

On a totally unrelated note, I hate how credit payouts are seemingly random. I hate the fact that commendations are used to give the illusion that kills give CR. Why couldnt Bungie just have copied the model thats been used in countless other games where each kill is worth cr and the more kills you get the more cr you get. As it stands the kills you get in game are near enough meaningless and really your rank and gametime is what is the big factor in cr payout.

It certainly isnt my biggest dissapointment with Reach, but the whole service record thing and commendations system should have lived up to so much more. When the system was first announced I kind of imagined like Oni had kept files for each Spartan, where the commendations kind of allowed the game to pick out what you were best at and highlight those areas.

MrBig

bobs99 ... said:
Snatches popcorn.

On a totally unrelated note, I hate how credit payouts are seemingly random. I hate the fact that commendations are used to give the illusion that kills give CR. Why couldnt Bungie just have copied the model thats been used in countless other games where each kill is worth cr and the more kills you get the more cr you get. As it stands the kills you get in game are near enough meaningless and really your rank and gametime is what is the big factor in cr payout.

It certainly isnt my biggest dissapointment with Reach, but the whole service record thing and commendations system should have lived up to so much more. When the system was first announced I kind of imagined like Oni had kept files for each Spartan, where the commendations kind of allowed the game to pick out what you were best at and highlight those areas.
It basically works like youth sports. You get a trophy for whatever you do, more even for being terrible and letting a game drag on until the timer runs out. Seems a backwards approach even from what CoD and other games are doing by giving payment for every insignificant thing you do, but at least the ARE giving you payment for actually doing something.

I stopped caring about credits after I got Grunt Birthday Party. They're worthless and mean nothing besides that you've play a lot.

Hey You

A27 Tawpgun said:
Once you get higher in rank, you'll be more likely to hit the credit limit.

GhaleonEB

bobs99 ... said:
I agree, but when has a challenge ever actually been challenging? Most challenges are either really easy or just take a lot of grinding, I cant think of many challenges except for the laso's which have actually prompted a fun new challenging way to play the game.

As it stands if the only options are: easy cr or long boring grind, im happy to take the easy cr challenges lol.

I also hope theres a special challenge on Bungie day.
My favorite weekly Challenge is Dedication/Time, the goal being to complete 16 daily Challenges. It's a high bar - four of seven full days of Challenges - but flexible enough that I can pick and choose my way through it. And the nature of it guarantees it lasts at least four days. I think it strikes the right balance between one event and a grind. Plus, the payout is higher.

One day of Challenges for the same cR I get for one game of Firefight feels token at this point.

Tawpgun

cR for kills would promote kill whoring. I've been saying since the Beta that there should be a MASSIVE victory bonus for winning. It would keep the whole credits for every game thing while giving a reward and incentive for winning.

Add this in the TU plz?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think I hit the jack pot. It said at the end of the game on the bottom left of my screen +31%#@ something like that. Can you get it in MLG or am I bugging out?

Hey You

A27 Tawpgun said:
cR for kills would promote kill whoring. I've been saying since the Beta that there should be a MASSIVE victory bonus for winning. It would keep the whole credits for every game thing while giving a reward and incentive for winning.

Add this in the TU plz?
I think credit payouts can be modified without TU, like the gruntpocalpyse credit payout reduction last year and these jackpots.

Tashi0106 said:
I think I hit the jack pot. It said at the end of the game on the bottom left of my screen +31%#@ something like that. Can you get it in MLG or am I bugging out?

You can get it in any playlist. Even Campaign or FF.

cory021

Neo Member
GhaleonEB said:
My favorite weekly Challenge is Dedication/Time, the goal being to complete 16 daily Challenges. It's a high bar - four of seven full days of Challenges - but flexible enough that I can pick and choose my way through it. And the nature of it guarantees it lasts at least four days. I think it strikes the right balance between one event and a grind. Plus, the payout is higher.

One day of Challenges for the same cR I get for one game of Firefight feels token at this point.
Yeah, the dedication/time challenge is my favorite. That, and the 'complete 9 campaign levels' are the only ones that actually feel like weekly challenges to me.

I remember the first dedication/time challenge was the same week the Forgetacular was going to end, so I had to juggle both forging and completing challenges.

MrBig

The hype for that was unbelievable for such an underwhelmingly empty and terrible map.

Even Hugeass (sic) was better because stuff actually happened

I've never played a single good super large map on CE.

They were fun for a bit because of the array of vehicles, but to be actually decent the player limit needed to be 2x or 4x higher.

The best thing about that map was using the Longsword, but the combat itself was aweful. Santrap is about as large as a map ever needs to get, and even thats kind of pushing it.

Willeth

Hey guys! I found a bug in Reach!

A friend and I played some Campaign and then two games of Firefight. I got the weekly, but he didn't, so I signed out while he played Score Attack. At the end of the game he needed four headshots, so I signed back in and we went into Doubles FF. He got his four kills but not the credits, so we checked, and his challenges had been reset - but his rank progress and credits earned hadn't. I checked mine, and they hadn't been reset - I still had all five.

So I signed out to post about it here while he played some Gruntpocalypse to catch up again. And his challenges were back to before we'd played the game together, without his four kills. He got them and both challenges popped.

Has anyone ever come across this? I have my profile on the hard drive, an he has his on a memory card. When it prompted us for a save location, we both chose the hard drive on every session. When I signed in after his first solo FF run, we had a short period where it struggled to sync with the server and displayed us both as Recruits, but it quickly resolved itself and I've seen this happen before without any adverse effects.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Nothing like a little 2X Score Attack plus Gruntpacolypse plus Super Jackpot to celebrate the 4th here in the good 'ole US of A.

Thermite

HiredN00bs said:
I'd take him any day over you and your ilk.

Aw, you're going to hurt someone's feelings talking like that.

Willeth said:
Careful, your ignorance is showing. Noobs is a junior at GAF but a Halo community vet in a lot of ways.

DAT HALO COMMUNITY VETERAN STATUS

lybertyboy said:
Nothing like a little 2X Score Attack plus Gruntpacolypse plus Super Jackpot to celebrate the 4th here in the good 'ole US of A.
Mmh. Watching Independence Day? lol.

Who is on and wants to play some rounds Squad Slayer?

Letters said:
Eh good to see the Valhalla easter eggs on the wall still work, it says "BBQ AT BOB'S PLACE" today

Dont you guys dare come round to mine expecting free food.

I put a pic of that in my fileshare a while back, soooo many people were confused by it lol.

Out of curiosity what is HiredN00bs known for? I have heard the name before but dont know why.

Top Bottom