• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You guys have any idea why my microphone indicator would be going off even though I'm not chatting? It looks like I'm saying stuff but you can't hear anything. It's super annoying. BTW my setup is Astro Mixamp with Sennheiser PC 350

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
You guys have any idea why my microphone indicator would be going off even though I'm not chatting? It looks like I'm saying stuff but you can't hear anything. It's super annoying. BTW my setup is Astro Mixamp with Sennheiser PC 350
Try buying a better headset.

wwm0nkey

Speaking of headsets, who here is getting the wireless 7.1 "Warhead" for the 360?

warhead6.jpg

Seriously damn sexy headset right there.

GhaleonEB

I had ordered the seven poster pack from the Bungie Store a week ago. Today, I had a package awaiting me when I got home.

Click for full size. (Looks like I had a funky setting on, the full sizes are a bit fuzzy. Found and fixed it; I borked a setting last night taking pictures of fireworks, which means those are all ruined too. Whoops.)

I was expecting a tube, so a flat pack was surprising.

The seven posters and cover sheet are stacked within a sleeve, with a cardboard back. The cover names each piece, lists the artists and provides some brief information lending some background about them.

The seven posters and cover laid out, with the game case for scale.

The posters are all on stiff card stock, very good quality, and arrived in perfect condition. I plucked out two that I set aside for myself - the Believe poster, and the Silent Cartographer piece - and then let my two daughters each pick one of their own. My older selected Noble Team, and the younger the Hunter/Elite/Jackal character studies. They'll do with them as they will; I suspect the former will be on a wall, while the latter will be cut up.

The rest I might frame in the den (or as my wife calls it, the man cave). Great set, well packaged and delivered. It's no swag bag, but I'm pretty happy with them.

The posters are 12" x 18".

MrBig

^e: Those are some nice posters, mind getting a close up of the one in the top left of that arrangement?

I would stay far far far far far away from surround headsets.
Larger drivers >>>> multiple small drivers

Tawpgun

Tashi0106 said:
Do you have a fan near you? Or any kind of noise?

wwm0nkey

MrBig said:
^e: Those are some nice posters, mind getting a close up of the one in the top left of that arrangement?

I would stay far far far far far away from surround headsets.
Larger drivers >>>> multiple small drivers
idk Trittion's headsets are usually pretty awesome and there is the Stereo "Devastator" option

Which is also sexy as hell

devastator2.jpg

wwm0nkey

Tashi0106 said:
-______- no bro. This has only been happening with my new setup.
How much wireless electronics do you have near you? Any cell phone at all? These sometimes cause my headsets to go all weird.

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
idk Trittion's headsets are usually pretty awesome and there is the Stereo "Devastator" option
All I can tell you is that my friend's got the AXsomething, and I've got a pair of ATH-M50's and they simply blow his headset away. I'd say positioning is even easier with the stereo phones, but that's not with extended use of the surround.
I guess the headphones are on complete oppisite end of the spectrum, with the M50's being studio's, but still, they're cheaper. Can't be used for competitive gaming though, no mic.

Still, no matter what, you will get reduced sound quality in going for surround.

Ken

I like how the Noble Team poster just uses concept art images of the team.

Concept art Jun > Final Jun

ODST poster makes me want a new ODST game but plays like the old tactical Rainbow Six games instead of how Halo 3: ODST played. Customizable armor and weapons would be great, and have it set before the Human-Covenant war. Too bad it probably won't ever happen.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
wwm0nkey said:
How much wireless electronics do you have near you? Any cell phone at all? These sometimes cause my headsets to go all weird.
Hmmm just my cell phone. I don't think that's it though because I imagine that the vast majority of people play and have their cellphones in their pocket or on the table. Somewhere nearby.

wwm0nkey

Tashi0106 said:
Hmmm just my cell phone. I don't think that's it though because I imagine that the vast majority of people play and have their cellphones in their pocket or on the table. Somewhere nearby.
Well if its in your pocket move it somewhere else, that shit fucks with my headset all the time.

Ramirez

I'm probably the only one going to PAX that could really give a flip about the actual convention. My PAX 08 memories of eating at the sports grill with you nerds, the breakfast at the pub, and going to Bungie far outweighed the smelly nerd cave at the convention center. Playing GoW2 5 inches from the TV on a slanted controller isn't fun in the least.

I'll probably end up staying at the Halofest area all day like I did the Bungie booth...

Ramirez said:
I'm probably the only one going to PAX that could really give a flip about the actual convention. My PAX 08 memories of eating at the sports grill with you nerds, the breakfast at the pub, and going to Bungie far outweighed the smelly nerd cave at the convention center. Playing GoW2 5 inches from the TV on a slanted controller isn't fun in the least.

I'll probably end up staying at the Halofest area all day like I did the Bungie booth...

Isn't that the truth.

Nutter

Ramirez said:

Hmm pretty much, there is absolutely no reason to stay in the main hall. I still remember the odor from last year, good god. And with PAX selling out of tickets and having max capacity the more chances of smelly times ahead.
At least for the past couple of years going to Bungie made the trip enjoyable.

Plywood said:
Can't they like, put air fresheners in the ventilation system?

The worst by far was the nintendo DS bean bag floor....I haven't smelled its equal.

Ramirez said:
I heard Cocop is gonna trade some Pokemanz in the bean bag area this year.

I figured since we are staying with him we would have to collect the Pokemanz on his behalf.....thank god that isn't the case.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Captain Blood said:
The worst by far was the nintendo DS bean bag floor....I haven't smelled its equal.
I just had a sensory flashback and nearly threw up in my mouth. Just plain foul.

GhaleonEB

lybertyboy said:
I just had a sensory flashback and nearly threw up in my mouth. Just plain foul.
Day one AM, it's perfectly fine. Day three PM, it is an ocean of decaying body fluids absorbed in the bean bags. I stick give them a wide berth. Learned that lesson at the first PAX held in the convention center.

The show floor can get pretty ripe, too.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Captain Blood said:
The worst I've dealt with was at an advanced screening of Attack the Block, I was seated next to a rather fat large woman and well... she didn't wear deodorant and would breathe so heavily I could smell her breath. I had to sit at an angle as to avoid most of her... presence.

To say the least, that was bad enough. I think I'll avoid conventions.

urk said:
The Subway doesn't help, either. Yeasty aromas for all!
I worked at a Subway for two months. Every night, I would come home with that stench lingering in my hair. And it doesn't wash out easily.

urk said:
I feel your stench ridden pain. I worked at a Fazolis in my youth. Might as well have bathed in garlic "butter."
I just know I'm going to have to work in fast food again after I graduate in the spring. :lol

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Hitmonchan107 said:
I worked at a Subway for two months. Every night, I would come home with that stench lingering in my hair. And it doesn't wash out easily.
I feel your stench ridden pain. I worked at a Fazolis in my youth. Might as well have bathed in garlic "butter."

Hitmonchan107 said:
Journalism with a minor in Leadership

Fast food management material. :^)
Lol that made me laught way too hard.

I know your pain - I have a degree in marketing and management, am currently studying law part time... And work at a Supermarket. Granted it's glorious money for the work, but nonetheless a supermarket employee.

Nutter

Ramirez said:
Um, you don't get this many people into one room and not get some smells.

DSC01603.JPG
Oh GOD. A line that doesnt move for hours with 200+ people in that Hall.. Smells EVERYWHERE!

Unfortunately no one told me I did not have to stand in that line :(

Hope they have a better system in place to move the lines faster this year.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
PAX '08's convention was cool where we designated Bungie's booth as our 'hub' to meet up, chat, etc. I like that there was a point where there wasn't really anyone in line waiting to play Assembly so we all just went and played against each other at the same time while changing our character models to be pink elites (<3 you Eazy).

Top 3 finish FTW

CortanaV

Neo Member
Domino Theory said:
PAX '08's convention was cool where we designated Bungie's booth as our 'hub' to meet up, chat, etc. I like that there was a point where there wasn't really anyone in line waiting to play Assembly so we all just went and played against each other at the same time while changing our character models to be pink elites (<3 you Eazy).

Top 3 finish FTW
The 2008 booth was great. I think that it was the only booth, other than the ECA, that had a sofa. Needless to say, my breaks from the PMS/Alienware booth were spent on that sofa.

I think it was described at one point as a college dorm room.

GhaleonEB

1/5 on the jackpot so far. Playing quite a fair bit, too. I was pretty excited when the 30k jackpot was announced, I assumed it would be modestly easy to get, given the event. Instead it's just annoying. I really wish bonuses like this were handled better.

Ken said:
So how should jackpots be better handled?

They seem fine to me the way they are.
I said "bonuses", not jackpots. The nice thing about the old Double XP weekend playlists in Halo 3 was you knew you'd get double XP for playing them. Super Jackpots? Almost never. I'd rather have some fixed component of the reward system accelerated marginally than a random (unlikely) chance of a large bonus.

Better yet, Challenges that had actually scaled up over the past year as had been indicated.

Ken

GhaleonEB said:
1/5 on the jackpot so far. Playing quite a fair bit, too. I was pretty excited when the 30k jackpot was announced, I assumed it would be modestly easy to get, given the event. Instead it's just annoying. I really wish bonuses like this were handled better.
So how should jackpots be better handled?

They seem fine to me the way they are.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Rebirth.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

PNut

Banned
I've noticed recently that The Arena population has been hovering around 4,000 during peak hours since the removal of Evade, jackpots and the addition of new community maps. Notice a trend? For a while there it was lucky to pull 1500 players. Wonder what would happen if they removed Jetpack and Hologram? 6000-7000?

Plywood said:
Rebirth..............................

What the world? Rebirth is better than most of the stock maps that shipped with the game. Especially in Arena.

Top Bottom