• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Havok

Roddslayer said:
I'm hoping for the Noble pack to be made free
Its nice to want things.

There's too much money to be made for the suits to care about the ramifications on playlist segregation. If its gonna happen, it won't be anytime soon.

senador said:
Favorite Halofagger and least favorite. (optional)
I was lurking when Juices got back off a ban around a year ago. I remember thinking "oh no, one of these guys". He is actually one of my favorite Halogaffers now though. I think my views align with his quite a bit, and I enjoy his humor. He seemed aggressive with how he laid down his views, but I think he's lightened up. He puts out his opinions, then gets back to the game instead of just excessively whining like many here do.

I also appreciate input from Ghaleon, Dani, the TJs, nscuDuncan, Hitmonchan and many others including Dax ;).

My least favorite was/is AlienShogun. Man that guy...

This man keeps it real. Glad to have another Pro-Pipe user in the ranks.

O D I N

ElzarTheBam said:
Made this Wallpaper over on HBO to celebrate Bungie day, feel free to DL people! Hope you guys like it! Didn't take too long too make either.

0EWUQl.jpg

Get it from here!
http://imgur.com/0EWUQ

Thank you for my new background! :D Love it.

Havok said:
Its nice to want things.

There's too much money to be made for the suits to care about the ramifications on playlist segregation. If its gonna happen, it won't be anytime soon.

Yeah it won't happen. The Legendary Map Pack still costs money, and its over three years old.

Steelyuhas said:
Yeah it won't happen. The Legendary Map Pack still costs money, and its over three years old.

Heroic maps went free but I think it was because of Foundry and integrating custom maps into matchmaking.

Reach is horrible.

I just finished a game of snipers on Hemmorage. Why that combination exists is beyond me, sure the Sniper is a long range weapon, and sure typically sniping is about crouching behind a rock and hiding until someone pops into your line of sight, but this is a video game. Worse still its Halo, which has typically been known for having fun gameplay.

Worse of all the first thing I hear in the post game lobby is the geekiest voice I have ever heard complaining that my team camped. Now I dont know what my teammates were doing, but I spent a decent amount of that game in they're base.

Even though my team ended up winning im bored out of my mind, anyone up for Halo 3 snipes?

EDIT: I dont think I would have minded as much if he didnt just be a racist prick with it all.

bobs99 ... said:
Worse of all the first thing I hear in the post game lobby is the geekiest voice I have ever heard complaining that my team camped. Now I dont know what my teammates were doing, but I spent a decent amount of that game in they're base.

Even though my team ended up winning im bored out of my mind, anyone up for Halo 3 snipes?
Not sure what Reach has to do with the guy/girl's voice, you're just as likely to encounter what you describe as the worst bit in 3.

Zeouterlimits said:
Not sure what Reach has to do with the guy/girl's voice, you're just as likely to encounter what you describe as the worst bit in 3.

I was probably just pissed at the fact the dude was a racist prick who from the sounds of it wouldnt dare say that stuff for real.

If I got trash talked in Halo 3 after winning a game I felt pride lol. With Reach after playing through a pretty infuriatingly bad game the trash talk was just a cherry on top
of a pile of crap

P.S. I played Snipes loads in Halo3, it rarely degenerated into the camp fest Hemmorage snipes turns into on a gamely basis

ZayneH said:
So it's like the polar opposite of Tashi's streams when it comes to skill?
They're destroying in this match, 32-2.

Wonder who is playing..

Kuroyume said:
BUT REACH IS HORRIBLE!
I KNOW RITE.
Not saying Haemorrhage isn't a damn poor map, just pointing out the obvious.

Don't read the UStream chat, I made that mistake and feel instantly less happy.

bobs99 ... said:
Reach is horrible.

I just finished a game of snipers on Hemmorage. Why that combination exists is beyond me, sure the Sniper is a long range weapon, and sure typically sniping is about crouching behind a rock and hiding until someone pops into your line of sight, but this is a video game. Worse still its Halo, which has typically been known for having fun gameplay.

Will you be on after about 7 PST?

dc89 said:
Yeah I think he has 2, Walshyonrbull or something :D
yeah that was it

senador

Banned
Its their first games though so MM its taking it easy. That raises a good point, if they're trueskill isn't established yet, its going to be tough to get matched with them anyhow. They will end up pwning noobs all day.

^^As evidenced by the 50 to 5. :O

Ramirez

In the realm of possible and realistic requests, when 343 takes over, can you please remove the NR loadout with 2 plasmas? Either change them to frags or reduce it to one plasma. It's been a problem since launch, but I'm really tired of people not even trying to shoot me, instead running straight at me and tossing stickies.

I'm not sure what this is tied into, I'm sure it's lag, but if it's not, I really wish for the next game an animation had to happen before an action could be performed. I killed a guy on Powerhouse earlier who was crouching, and as he died a grenade shot out of his stomach, no animation, it was like he gave birth to it as he was dying, awesome.

Is True Skill going to be turned off in that playlist? It would probably be impossible to be matched up against them once you won a bunch of games if it isn't off, because I know the playlist is going to have a hefty population, and really I think that's why TS struggles at times. Striker/Havoc complain about TO trueskill dicking them, but really in a population of usually 5-700, what can the system do? :p

Bungie just won that match 50-5 lol

Ramirez said:
In the realm of possible and realistic requests, when 343 takes over, can you please remove the NR loadout with 2 plasmas? Either change them to frags or reduce it to one plasma. It's been a problem since launch, but I'm really tired of people not even trying to shoot me, instead running straight at me and tossing stickies.

I'm not sure what this is tied into, I'm sure it's lag, but if it's not, I really wish for the next game an animation had to happen before an action could be performed. I killed a guy on Powerhouse earlier who was crouching, and as he died a grenade shot out of his stomach, no animation, it was like he gave birth to it as he was dying, awesome.

I support that NR loadout being two frags.

thezerofire said:
5 and 45 minutes

That would be like 3am here, bit too late sorry. :(

By the way is one of the Bungie dudes mute banned? Or have they just muted themselves so that they cant be heard through the stream?

Im so tempted to jump on Reach and try and get into theyre matches, its amazing how quickly I swing between rage and wanting to play it lol

Schmitty

For anyone who has gotten the burn blue t shirts: are they larger or smaller fits? I'm usually a medium but sometimes a large and ordering online makes that decision impossible.

zumphry

Banned
Schmitty said:
For anyone who has gotten the burn blue t shirts: are they larger or smaller fits? I'm usually a medium but sometimes a large and ordering online makes that decision impossible.

They're smaller fits. Though on me it kinda runs long vertically. I'd go for the medium.

Ramirez said:
I can see why they did it (or at least what I hope their reasoning was, and not just, it's a Covie weapon, so give it stickies), that the benefit of the stickies gives the NR more of a chance vs the, at least in my opinion, better weapon, the DMR.

But you're right. I'd remove the NR option completely.

Havok

Schmitty said:
American Apparel shirts are usually a bit smaller than the norm, and I think all but 3X and 4X are AA.
Hey You said:
Yeah, I have a very low chance of matching up with them since they are using new gamertags and I've been playing since Launch.
Don't worry, Reach matches sergeants and warrant officers with nobles and legends all the time. For example: Every time I play Objective without a full team.

Hey You

Yeah, I have a very low chance of matching up with them since they are using new gamertags and I've been playing since Launch.

Ramirez

Zeouterlimits said:
I can see why they did it (or at least what I hope their reasoning was, and not just, it's a Covie weapon, so give it stickies), that the benefit of the stickies gives the NR more of a chance vs the, at least in my opinion, better weapon, the DMR.

But you're right. I'd remove the NR option completely.

I really think the loadout could have no weapon, just nades and the people who do pick it, would still pick it.

vhfive

Hey You said:
Isn't trueskill based on playlist and not an overall rank. So shouldn't everyone have the same chance.

senador

Banned
Ramirez said:

Agreed. I love stickies and the NR, but I hate the 2 on spawn and the type of play it creates. I'd be happy with either solution.

Schmitty said:

I'd say its a normal size. I wear medium and large depending on the fit, and got the medium. They are very thin though, and are wider than I'd like, but cool aside from that.

vhfive said:
Isn't trueskill based on playlist and not an overall rank. So shouldn't everyone have the same chance.

Forgot about this when I posted earlier. Thanks.

Ramirez said:
I really think the loadout could have no weapon, just nades and the people who do pick it, would still pick it.
That sounds stupidly appealing to me (as in, it's a terrible idea, but I'd probably consider picking it). I do love me some stickies.
Not that I ever really pick the NR option. >_>.
No, seriously, I don't.

Top Bottom