• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

vhfive

bobs99 ... said:
Dunno why I made such an effort considering I really doubt its too late for them to affect the patch, but fingers crossed:

1 – Melee System. – I did prefer how this worked in older games, the lack of bleed through is jarring and leads to a lot of double melees, as even if someone puts 3 shots into an opponent, the opponent can simply run up to them and bring themselves on an even playing footing without risking deaths which is what would have happened in older games if a significantly weaker opponent attempted the same move.

2 – Nade placement. – Perhaps I haven’t adjusted to this properly, but compared to say Halo 3 where nades were used pretty tactically to strip shields and had to be placed very much under a players feet to do so the Reach nades feel very random and placement still seems off.

3 – Player movement/ Inertia system. – Im just personally not a fan of the sense of weight that these Spartans have, a lot of the movement feels stiff and I feel as though this has impacted on gameplay. Strafing doesn’t exactly seem common anymore.

4 – Individual Weapon power level adjustments - currently if the damage is set to a value which allows for the DMR to be a 4 shot kill the Sniper and nades become super powerful, which for me is partly the reason I don’t enjoy Classic as much as I would have hoped, letting each weapon be adjusted on a individual basis would get past that problem, whilst allowing for some interesting tweaking.

5 – Bloom, if it cant be totally removed hopefully it can be toned down to levels where its not noticeable. If this was possible I guess technically a rate of fire would also have to be patched in for all the different guns. That would be pretty sweet. :p

Noticeable mentions – the Sniper aim assist is very high at the moment which leads to very deadly and less satisfying to use weapon.
Player models can sometimes be quite hard to spot; I may be off the mark but I have seen this referenced on another forum: perhaps draw distance is to blame on larger maps like Haemorrhage? Do Spartans render properly at distance?

P.S. I loved Jessica’s Armour lock suggestion. :p
I would add
ASSISTS make them like Halo 3 plz

Whos this Jessica and why does she hate me so much?

This guy on the stream is bad.

Looking to team up with best of best for Bungie Day, They owe me fuckin steak.

Inquire within.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hitmonchan107 said:
That's not the only thing that got harder.
F1PKD.jpg

edit: Was just informed of the news I missed, I am excite.

SuperMalo said:

link

My post about the TU on Waypoint. Just 5 things that came to mind real quick:
1. Adjustments to grenades. Blast radius a bit smaller, explosion timer longer.

2. Return most, if not all the weapons to their beta states. I much preferred the weapon balance in the beta. The sandbox was balanced because the weapons were good, not because they were all nerfed so hard that they became "balanced". (Major emphasis on the Magnum here, that thing was epic, and now it is not so)

3. Make adjustments to bloom/aim assist/magnetism (I'm not a technical expert on the subject) so that players that aim well and actually let the bloom reset are rewarded instead of not penalizing players that ignore the bloom altogether.

4. Remove/reduce aim acceleration. Aim acceleration has been pretty heavy in Halo 3 and Reach, and make aiming and player movement sluggish. A reduction or removal makes player movement and aiming much smoother and a more enjoyable experience for the player.

5. DLC integration. To be blunt, DLC integration in Reach is poor. Now there is apparently a matchmaking search filter that attempts to match you with other players that have the same maps as you, but in reality the results are inconsistent. Personally, it doesn't seem to work at all for myself. I have a pair of suggestions. First, increase the strength of the matchmaking algorithm, so that player match up with others with DLC. A second suggestion is to add a search filter that the player can control, alongside 'skill', 'connection', and 'language' so that the player can choose him or herself to find others with DLC even if it will lengthen search times.

Also, just realized I forgot to mention Armor Lock in my post. I am an idiot.

GhaleonEB said:
My contribution to the TU thread. This is not everything, just the most urgent in my view.

http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/p/11122/95138.aspx#95138

Are Firefight updates possible, or just MP? I have a list for those as well but am uncertain if they are in scope.
I can dig it

Steelyuhas said:
link

My post about the TU on Waypoint. Just 5 things that came to mind real quick:

this is really good too

Tawpgun

Hitmonchan107 said:
Are you doing a machinima piece or a work of Forge art?

Please tell me he doesn't have another. Sorry, Ferrex.

Machinima.

I need some ideas. It needs to be 4 minutes long and represent the Haloverse.

Steelyuhas said:

No patch necessary: blanket removal from all playlists will do fine.

One thing i miss sorely from Halo 3 is the party feature for the theatre. Could they patch that back in? I remember being astonished when I discovered it, everyone on here was hyping a theatre 2.0 and it ended up regressing somewhat. Granted we can now rewind the campaign/firefight clips which is great but given the ultimatum between the two, i'd take being able to quickly show my friend this sick clip I pulled off every time.

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
I actually think they went through their offices and put what ever was Halo into several bags. Like a giant spring cleaning lol
Well Urk did say they called for personal donations from employees...

A27 Tawpgun said:
Machinima.

I need some ideas. It needs to be 4 minutes long and represent the Haloverse.

Redo the ending of Inglorious Basterds with Spartans and Elites, but this time make it so that all the Elite in the 'cinema' simultaneously armour lock. Then play sad/ troll music.

Just dont expect to win any awards

Gah I just realised that Bungie will have been playing for a good 10 hours before I will even have a chance to get on. The odds of me matching up with them are literally 0 lol, there probably wont be very many fresh meat to abuse by then either. :(

Karl2177

With the holiday festivities here, I almost forgot to post this clip from customs on Saturday.

TU wishes?
1. Customizable weapons/equipment. I want my DMR to have BR-like certain attributes. I want my melee to have certain attributes as well. Grenades, throw 'em in there too. Think Armor Lock could have been good, but was designed improperly? Now you can change it to what you want.

2. Fix known bugs, like Gauss rounds and Forge objects.

3. Incorporate more FF variants into MM.

4. Have the Arena feel more like the SC2 laddering system. Arena is kinda clunky(I think) and could be more apparent to the player aside from an arbitrary number between 0 and 2000.

5. New Forge World. Or better yet, a "Forge World map pack" that way we don't have framerate issues, because the map is so fucking big.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Okay running into this problem, wondering if anyone else is: My brother and myself are both getting disconnected from Live the moment we get to the main menu on Reach. Everything else seems to be working fine, just Reach.

If it makes any difference, we're using the Xbox Update Beta Reach discs. Haven't had any issues before.

Tawpgun

Damn. I was trying to be sneaky and prefer the Steaktacular gamertags but the options is grayed out :( Didn't know you had to play with them to prefer them. Curses!

Also, went into my rep page and had 26% prefer and 74% avoid with the biggest percentage in unsporting. lol'd.

Hey You

Looks like we'll be able to use Bungie Pro for atleast another year:

Unfortunately, you have to purchase a new Bungie Pro subscription to use your minutes, but you will be able to keep rendering videos for the next year. Your Pro subscription won't be invalid after Microsoft takes control of Reach.
[Post]

I guess we'll get something different in Halo 4.

vhfive

Zerokku said:
Okay running into this problem, wondering if anyone else is: My brother and myself are both getting disconnected from Live the moment we get to the main menu on Reach. Everything else seems to be working fine, just Reach.

If it makes any difference, we're using the Xbox Update Beta Reach discs. Haven't had any issues before.
I just loaded up Reach with the beta disc no problem.

Mikasangelos said:
Tag has some wear on it seen here....

http://i.imgur.com/1ty88.jpg

What cant be seen is that the tag is not completely white, looks used, yellowish.

That is literally amazing. The whole idea of the bags of swag is amazing in general, did any eurogaf try theyre luck? I was so tempted to at least try and see what shipping would cost but kept missing it.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
vhfive said:
I just loaded up Reach with the beta disc no problem.

Huh. The moment we get to the main menu we get d/ced from Live. Its only on Reach. And we live in different towns (like 45 mins apart) so I'm wondering what the issue is here.

bobs99 ... said:
That is literally amazing. The whole idea of the bags of swag is amazing in general, did any eurogaf try theyre luck? I was so tempted to at least try and see what shipping would cost but kept missing it.
I think Hyper ordered one.

feel

Mikasangelos said:
Tag has some wear on it seen here....

http://i.imgur.com/1ty88.jpg[img]

What cant be seen is that the tag is not completely white, looks used, yellowish.[/QUOTE]
Are you complaining about getting something that has clearly been used?
I'm not sure but I don't think you're realizing that what you have is probably not just a random hat... but [I]the hat[/I]

[spoiler]"who broke territories?"[/spoiler]

if confirmed, best swag bag yet

Hey You

Zerokku said:
Huh. The moment we get to the main menu we get d/ced from Live. Its only on Reach. And we live in different towns (like 45 mins apart) so I'm wondering what the issue is here.
I got disconnected from Xbox live twice today.

One when I turned on my 360, I wasn't connected. The second I just finished a game in Reach and was Disconnected.

Don't know if its related to you or not.

Now that we've made our TU suggestions to Reach, I have my first playlist suggestion. Give Evade back to Elites. There was a reason it was designed for Elites.

Miggytronz

Letters said:
Are you complaining about getting something that has clearly been used?
I'm not sure but I don't think you're realizing that what you have is probably not just a random hat... but the hat

"who broke territories?"

if confirmed, best swag bag yet
no no im not upset at all. Im just happy as fuck. I insta laughed when i saw the hat!

Havok

Steelyuhas said:
Now that we've made our TU suggestions to Reach, I have my first playlist suggestion. Give Evade back to Elites. There was a reason it was designed for Elites.
Yep. I have no issues with it in Invasion, it makes perfect sense there. But give it to a Spartan with a sword, and it's one of the worst things in the game.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I didn't have a top 5 necessarily in mind as much as I wrote down random changes/fixes I'd like to see and could think of at the moment:

1. Armor lock damage threshold: Make it equivalent to one whole shield, when it gets knocked out say from a grenade or tank/wraith shot the damage does not bleed-through. If a player armor locks to destroy a vehicle after the vehicle gets destroyed they should be knocked out of armor lock as that would've been splatter damage and it should take out there armor lock.

2. Bloom removal replaced by rate of fire.
2i. Bloom reduction if removal is not possible.

3. There are times when meleeing an opponent they will go off flying or you will go off flying, not sure what to call it. Melee force push?

4. Increase player speed and jump height to something on or around Halo 3 levels.

5. Weapons such as the grenade launcher and concussion rifle can seem wildly inconsistent at times. Shooting a one shot player with a concussion rifle twice should kill them but it does not, yet shooting them full shield twice blows out their shield. As for grenade launcher it seems that it has a small damage radius and if it isn't completely direct it will do little no damage even if the player is one shot.
5i. The concussion rifle seems to randomly decide when it should push players and when it should not.
5ii. Wider even if slightly grenade launcher damage radius.

6. Reduce grenade damage radius it is too wide and too powerful as is. If it emphasized actual placement with a smaller radius then the damage would be tolerable.

7. Lower Assault Rifle bullet magnetism.

8. Raise Banshee cool down time.

9. Performance bonus should be increased to game completion levels.

10. Option for Invasion beta colors.

11. If possible have a filter for gametypes, for example: Team Slayer, Preferred: Slayer or Preferred: Slayer DMR. Team Objective Preferred: Assault, Flag, etc.

12. Vehicle issues on Forge World, when a player is riding around just fine and their vehicle is sent flying to their doom.

13. Allow us to be able rotate the death cam like we used to be able to in H3.

14. Option to toggle Assassinations on or off.

15. If possible I'd like to see Health work similar to Halo 3 where the health points(though not displayed in the HUD in H3) could recover over time.

16. If possible add more armors and customization in general.

17. If the mongooses got different colors can the other vehicles too?

18. Match quitters with quitters.

18i. Match betrayers with betrayers.

19. Increase magnum clip size, by two.

Made a top 5 from the above anyway: http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/p/11122/95316.aspx#95316

Top Bottom