• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tashi0106 said:
Dev you got myspace bro? A/S/L?

:p
Haha nope, sorry to disappoint.

Not sure if I should stay up late or wake up really early for better chances to meet with Bungie. Is there a GAF group of 'good' players that I can join?

MrBig

Devin Olsen said:
Haha nope, sorry to disappoint.

Not sure if I should stay up late or wake up really early for better chances to meet with Bungie. Is there a GAF group of 'good' players that I can join?
I've got myself plenty of steaktaculars and will be on all day tomorrow today

Sai-kun

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
don't mind the myspace style pic

BEpJz.png

Bread

Banned
I used to love Reach, but over the past month I have grown to despise it.

I shoot a guy 3 times in the head, he doesn't land one shot. We melee each other, and somehow that makes us on the same shield level, allowing the other guy to shoot me once in the head and kill me, before I can react. This happened 3 times in the same game againsts one guy.

fake edit: I just wrote this out, then played another game, and went 20-0 in Arena. This is what I consider a love/hate relationship.

Kuroyume

Banned
Ramirez said:
Don't you like Camo?

Yes.

Which is practically worthless if I move an inch.

Doesn't help me escape by rolling, flying, or increasing my speed once someone starts shooting at me.

Drowns out my audio.

Gives me away if I'm standing still while the shields recharge.

Gives me away with the radar jam when using it .

Jams my own radar.

Yeah, absolutely nothing wrong with camo other than the sniper rifle.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Bread said:

I shoot a guy 3 times in the head, he doesn't land one shot. We melee each other, and somehow that makes us on the same shield level, allowing the other guy to shoot me once in the head and kill me, before I can react. This happened 3 times in the same game againsts one guy.

fake edit: I just wrote this out, then played another game, and went 20-0 in Arena. This is what I consider a love/hate relationship.
You have to plan your battles for this situation. Either melee first or get your 4th shot off and then melee.

Bread

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
You have to plan your battles for this situation. Either melee first or get your 4th shot off and then melee.
I hate that you have to plan around a stupid mechanic, I prefer the MLG melee.

Domino Theory said:
Yeah when I met Blood at PAX '08, I was expecting him to come with a cape and a pointy black mask. :p

...oh wait

If I ever meet any of you, I have to regret to say that I'm not a wolf, but I will probably say 'Winter is Coming' a few times too many lol.

Bread said:

Don't melee. I avoid it whenever I can.

I realize the system is flawed, and I'm not pleased about it either, but that's how I deal with it.

Wtf does 'early morning mean'. :(

From Bungies Facebook page.

"The 2nd batch of auction items ends soon, and we're deploying some new swag into the Bungie Store tomorrow morning. If you're fully digital, commemorative 20th anniversary Xbox LIVE avatar t-shirts will be ready to go bright and early tomorrow morning. All profits from everything go to charity. Thanks for all the support! http://t.co/H5HwPXK"

Urk, save me.

senador

Banned
Man, I had some shit spawns tonight. Squad Slayer seems to have less than ideal spawns. I've noticed the 2 extra people in each game seem to really throw the spawn system in a loop. That's my theory anyway. Anyone else notice this?

Got my first 30,000 cR jackpot tonight. I thought it was pretty cool haha. Also managed to complete all the daily challenges. I haven't done that in a long while.

Ramirez

Kuroyume said:
Yes.

Which is practically worthless if I move an inch.

Doesn't help me escape by rolling, flying, or increasing my speed once someone starts shooting at me.

Drowns out my audio.

Gives me away if I'm standing still while the shields recharge.

Gives me away with the radar jam when using it .

Jams my own radar.

Yeah, absolutely nothing wrong with camo other than the sniper rifle.

It's a team oriented AA and can be absolutely devastating on small maps, especially in squad slayer with 5 people. I'll take an evader over a team of camo dudes any day.

I think we played around 10 games tonight, and everyone of them had at least one quitter, usually 2-3. I don't know what can be done to combat quitting in 4, but some serious thought has to be put into it. I'd take something as simple as a voting option to end the game once the teams are uneven, still give the W and L, just let people end it and get on with their lives without penalty.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Ramirez said:
I'd take something as simple as a voting option to end the game once the teams are uneven, still give the W and L, just let people end it and get on with their lives without penalty.

This would make too much sense.

Booshka

Got my 2nd 30K jackpot today since they started Friday. Had a few good games with GAF, all of our "Normal GT's" donging on people with iXSmokeDawg420Xi and pRo nadEshoT style GT's felt good lol.

Might play a little tonight, down to join some Gaffer's if people have openings.

Dug

Banned
Booshka said:
"Normal GT's" donging on people with iXSmokeDawg420Xi .
I still don't understand these kind of gamertags to this day! What's the point of all the X's, iTz's, i's, and z's being in a gamertag? Do they think it will make them play better or what? :p

no shit? you guys won? dammit I wish I could play right now but my sister gets to use the tv.

A27 Tawpgun said:
I wish Beast coast got any kind of gaming attention. I'll be going to PAX East as I'll be in Boston next year, but I know Bungie/343 probably won't be there :(

Should be fun, but all the gaming stuff happens on the West Coast, Germany, and Tokyo.
not when it comes to MLG though

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
Humproast got roasted.

Contrats, guys. That was awesome. (I would have been Kwatz in that game.)
I don't know what happened. I have been going +20 the last few games
Guess I got scared and mad that I had to use pistols and mad that they were trolling armorlock

MrBig

Plywood said:
Does anyone know if it has to be a full party?
Since they're rolling full party I would think you'd have a better chance with one because it would have full parties as a priority first

Also keep the stream up and start the search at the same time as them. It should help.

GhaleonEB

MrBig said:
I don't know what happened. I have been going +20 the last few games
Guess I got scared and mad that I had to use pistols and mad that they were trolling armorlock
Funny thing was, I got an invite to that party right before a Firefight game ended, but by the time I got out they were playing again. Had I quit to join, I would have been in there.

Not sure even Steelyuhas could have carried me, thought. My MP game earlier tonight were asstacular. :lol

Sordid

Doubt I'll get to join the Bungie vs The World festivities today but it was awesome seeing you folks steaking the first game :*)

Edit: How is the stream for everyone else? It's freezing a fair bit here.

Booshka

Hitmonchan107 said:
I believe he's the guy I teabagged because he kept armor locking me. :lol

Sorry, Bungie!
Don't apologize, the guy on stream was running Armor Lock and Needler as his favorite build. Troll Build essentially, teabag all you want.

Recarpo

Not having a lot of luck with teammates so far, so If anybody isn't in a group already and would like to join me, let me know GT: recarpo. I'll probably be on for about an hour or hour and a half if anybody is interested.

PNut

Banned
Congrats guys!

The amount of AL'ing going on in the stream is hilarious though. lol. Bungie guys may end up giving a few cows away by the time this is over.

MrBig

PNut said:
Congrats guys!

The amount of AL'ing going on in the stream is hilarious though. lol. Bungie guys may end up giving a few cows away by the time this is over.
They're already at 24 steaks if they stick with 2 steaks for each winner

Top Bottom