• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Trasher

OuterWorldVoice said:
Ultimate hoverhand. Hands so far from touching that they appear to not even be hovering.
Gotta respect the chief yo.

That jerk wouldn't even look at the camera though.

Dax01 said:
Pretty awesome that GAF got steaks.

Every jackpot in the playlist is 777. :)
777 or 30,777. :p

Wow, awesome you guys beat them!

We are steam rolling in the playlist too, haven't lost a game yet. And I already got the jackpot in the playlist after 5 games.

BTW: Did you guys see the scoreboard on Bungie.net? It shows how many games Bungie has won/lost.

Domino Theory said:
Yeah when I met Blood at PAX '08, I was expecting him to come with a cape and a pointy black mask. :p

...oh wait
gLwmS.jpg

Well damn it anyway.

I want to stay up all night, but now there's no incentive. :^)

Hypertrooper said:
I wanted to play with you in these 90mins. but I can't. I have to write a text for Philosophy class to get the better mark.Damn. :/
You'll have plenty of time to play after your homework, young man.

Also, Bungie is laying waste to kids right now on the stream.

Last game played.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I want to stay up all night, but now there's no incentive. :^)
I wanted to play with you in these 90mins. but I can't. I have to write a text for Philosophy class to get the better mark.Damn. :/

Hey You

Still up since midnight, watching the stream for when the team starts searching then I start at the same time.

So far no luck :/

if they ever do this again, they need to have more teams going atleast during the day. The odds are pretty low of finding 4 people out of 1500k+

xxjuicesxx said:
Haha how are kids losing to Bungie?
It's a new shift of employees. The guy on the stream is legit.

The new team hasn't dropped a game yet.

Holy shit. Just heard a bird chirping, and I looked out the window and there's sunlight.

7 a.m., still up in the morning
Gotta get some sleep, gunna dream about steak

xxjuicesxx said:
But, they work for BUNGIE. They all are terrible.

Ahaha they just got shit on by armor lock heros.!
Something something NeoGAF vs Bungie Reach Humpday.

Yes, that was in part due to Bungie's choice of gametype/match, but not immediately relevant.

kylej

Banned
Is this stuff going to keep going around 8pm-3am EST? I'm working all day but would absolutely relish the chance to dump on Bungie.

kylej said:
Is this stuff going to keep going around 8pm-3am EST? I'm working all day but would absolutely relish the chance to dump on Bungie.
Bungie are playing from 12:00 AM PST to 11:59 PM PST, so you'll get a chance at least.

Tha Robbertster said:
Apperently, I've already reached the credit cap. First time I've done this. Can you still get those 30.000 credit jackpots?
I hit the credit cap over the weekend for the second time ever, and I'm pretty sure the Super Jackpot was the reason. It would be nice to be wrong, though.

Another game against an inheritor and ofcourse they vote for Sword Base, AR starts -__-
Then, they proceed to sit with 3 guys, who are using armor lock, in the yellow lift room with a shotgun and a sword....
We won with 50-49, one of the most satisfieing win in Reach.

I really hope Bungie gets to play against these kind of guys so they see how much bullshit is going on in sword base.

GhaleonEB said:
Just had a rather amusing freak accident on Courtyard. I got to play a Doubles game solo, as my partner quit out at the start (yay!).

During the second boss wave, I'm down on the right hand side, sniping Grunts as they crest over the hill. The Ranger Elite on the right in this shot is heading toward me, but a box is in his way.

reach_20119719_Full.jpg

My sniper shot ricochets off a crate and hits him just as he jumps over it.

reach_20119716_Full.jpg

Result: dude got some serious air.

reach_20119695_Full.jpg

So much air that he launches himself straight out of the map and over to where we toast Wraiths on the ONI campaign mission. Which caused me no small amount of confusion when he was the last enemy left in the round.

Video here. The bellow he lets out on the way over had me laughing, hard.

Omg, I missed this before and had to comment. That is amazing, I am almost in tears from that bellow.

Dani said:

Hah, wow. Wonder if Bungie did have bigger plans for the scarab. Would have been crazy to be on the receiving end of that gun.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
"like get a job. go over to a 3rd world country or something and build a house for a loaf of bread or something"

:lol :lol

I asked this already in the Bungie Day thread but why can I not put "BUNGIE" in my LIVE profile motto? I tried making it say "HAPPY BUNGIE DAY" but it wouldn't let me because of "BUNGIE" being in there. Like I said in the other thread its no big deal, I'll live, but my curiousity still would like to know why "BUNGIE" is forbidden.

Mizzou Gaming said:
I asked this already in the Bungie Day thread but why can I not put "BUNGIE" in my LIVE profile motto? I tried making it say "HAPPY BUNGIE DAY" but it wouldn't let me because of "BUNGIE" being in there. Like I said in the other thread its no big deal, I'll live, but my curiousity still would like to know why "BUNGIE" is forbidden.

I think so that people can't pretend to be Bungie; if somebody had a real looking Bio which said they worked for Bungie, some people could fall for it and maybe give acount details to them.

Miggytronz

Tha Robbertster said:
I think so that people can't pretend to be Bungie; if somebody had a real looking Bio which said they worked for Bungie, some people could fall for it and maybe give acount details to them.

This.

Mizzou Gaming said:
The hard language filter doesn't like the "bung" part of "Bungie". I just get around it by spelling it backwards.

I just about squirted chocolate milk out of my nose when I saw those GAFers match on THE 2ND GODDAMN GAME. Talk about luck, and yes, I was super-jelly.

I'll be trying some more when I get home from work. I like that they have this stream and, for the most part, it seems pretty stable. But it's nice to know when to search to at least have a small chance of playing Bungie. I remember 2 years ago, we were searching blind.

Tha Robbertster said:

Ah I got you, that definately makes sense, and I have no problem with that. Gots to do what you gots to do. Thanks to all for the help.

Well done HaloGAF.

Can I ask HaloGAF what sensitivity you all use? I'm currently using 7, however I'm starting to find that I am over-correcting or getting out DMR'd by some people who seem to be able to hit me perfectly with all 4-5 shots, whilst jumping/strafing and firing at the same, if not faster, pace.

I've been writing it down as player skill for the most part - I'm not brilliant at the game by any means. However my strongest area in the game is DMR/Needle Rifle/Magnum ownage - and it seems to be slipping. I find that when I use a lower sensitivity I tend to find the speed too slow for close quarters combat, such as quick sword lunges, multiple shotgun blasts or melee strikes. Again, it could be player skill - but I tend to change back to a higher sensitivity within a match or two, as I don't find any real benefit to my DMR play, yet feel adversely affected when it comes to CQC.

Suggestions, ideas, opinions?

GhaleonEB

Just went through four cycles - 32 voting rounds - in Score Attack and couldn't get a good combination. Glacier, Overlook, Waterfront, Holdout. Repeat. Cycling through all the voting rounds chewed up all the rest of my playing time. Maddening.

Top Bottom