• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tawpgun

After all this time donging in Squad Slayer... the AL menace returns to me...

How did this shit even make it into this game. Please tell me there are no gaffers who actually support Armor Lock. Juices doesn't count.

Karl2177

Gah, sorry demon. My Xbox froze at the start of the game, then kept flashing on and off.

On a side note, I'm feeling like Walshy Tashi with some of the plays I'm pulling off today. Double no-scopes followed by double sticks. Falling pro pipe kills. Ninjas. Mmmm so good.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Well I give up. Not fun watching the stream to not get matched up with them, having to play with randoms and tried your damnedest to carry them.

rObit

Banned
Watching stream, queue up at the same time as Bungie. Get matched to teams at the same time as Bungie, pick the same map with the same gametype as Bungie.

It's not Bungie.

feels bad man.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Delightful Oonsk said:
Watching stream, queue up at the same time as Bungie. Get matched to teams at the same time as Bungie, pick the same map with the same gametype as Bungie.

It's not Bungie.

feels bad man.
This actually happened to me.
Zeouterlimits said:
Heh, we went to Premium Slayer because we were getting sick of the same maps.
I couldn't take the armor locking and the back packing I had to do.

Then the nades, oh lawd, the nades.

DoQrw.gif

ElRenoRaven

xxjuicesxx said:
I LOVE ARMOR LOCK. SO GOOD.

BRING IT BACK FOR HALO 4!~

ARMOR LOCK SWORD PLASMA NADE BLOCK SO FUCKING PRO!

Yes. Listen to this man. Bring it back. But make it mobile. Yes mobile armor lock. How cool would that be?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
PsychoRaven said:
Yes. Listen to this man. Bring it back. But make it mobile. Yes mobile armor lock. How cool would that be?
When you're not armor locking and you're teammate needs armor lock, you should be able to send it to them. Transfer Lock.

Plywood said:
When you're not armor locking and you're teammate needs armor lock, you should be able to send it to them. Transfer Lock.

When you armour lock, power drains should rain from the sky.

FyreWulff said:
Daw, no Halo 3 flames for Bungie Day this year.

Im not suprised, that was pretty awesome last year, but laggy as hell lol!

FyreWulff

Also, it looks like the Bungie Day playlist is not set to Strict Trueskill, so your TS shouldn't matter too much.

I also noticed that you get defaulted to the Bungie Day playlist upon first boot for today :lol

Played many games today, alas didn't see Bungie but I did get to play (and kill four times!) Walshy. Good games in the main.

Before I go to bed, Happy Bungie day everyone, congrats to those who earned their steaks
and those who stomached the armour lock for the day

It's been 10 years of the greatest console shooter experience ever made, and, though we may bicker and bleat about this and that that Bungie has done wrong they've done oh so much right and have made some of the greatest gaming memories i've personally had possible. And for that I say thank you Bungie and may your next universe provide as many amazing times.

Dug

Banned
thee henery said:
It's been 10 years of the greatest console shooter experience ever made, and, though we may bicker and bleat about this and that that Bungie has done wrong they've done oh so much right and have made some of the greatest gaming memories i've personally had possible. And for that I say thank you Bungie and may your next universe provide as many amazing times.
MZvdG.gif

Havok

Well, today was the first and last time I'll be playing straight Slayer in a long time. Fools just armor locking and jetpacking while spraying ARs and tossing nukes everywhere made basically every game a miserable experience, even though every single player we played was a total scrub. Win streak is up to 25 now, it'll be neat to see how long it'll go.

I've been lurking the PAX Face Value Tickets thread trying to get a Saturday pass all day. I've been refreshing every 10 minutes.

I had to go pick up my girlfriend from work, and of course someone sells their tickets while I'm away.

ElRenoRaven

Goddamn quitting ass mother..................................

I swear to god if I could I'd reach through my goddamn 360 and fucking strangle the assholes who quit leaving me 1 on fucking 4 I'd do it. I swear to god I would.

O D I N

Not sure if will be up for more Halo later. I did play for quite a bit today.

To that end, I'd like to say to Bungie "So long, and thanks for all the Soffish". It's been a good run, and I will wear my Bungie banner proudly.

On a side note, I do have a couple of serious questions, and if either Bungie and/or Frankie/343 could answer them, I'd greatly appreciate it.

1) How long before/after the launch of Halo: Reach did you guys know you were gonna be passing/getting the Torch passed to 343?

2) As a Chicago resident, hearing Steve Downes (voice of Master Chief, and radio DJ in Chicago for 97.1) every morning is glorious. For his voice work, does he record in Chicago, recording between radio shows, or does he fly out to a recording studio for you guys?

EDIT: Just ordered my Buninja hoodie. It's time to retire my one hoodie (something my mom got me ages ago. Nice and warm, and comfy), and needed to commemorate with something Bungie like. It was that or the "Burn Bright Burn Blue", which I'd still like, but only have so much money. Ah well. :D

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hey anyone know a good site where I can design custom T-shirts, have them pressed and sent to me?

Awwwwwww yeaaaaaa

Tawpgun

I'll try until midnight EST, but I've been sort of disappointed in this Bungie Day, especially if it's their 20th anniversery and last Halo bungie day.

We got no new reveals. Swag Bags that were near impossible to get (didn't care for one though)
T-Shirt which I got and while cool, is just a T-shirt.
Bunch of auctions for ridiculous prices.

And of course the Bungie vs. The World playlist.

Now, this is like 2009's Bungie Day when we had Bungie vs The World. But that playlist was actually fun to play in. We had never before seen community maps, and while many sucked it was still fun to play in new environments and trying to master them. Never Forget Collonade. :p

The gameplay in H3 was better, even with AR starts. Didn't have to deal with all Reach Bullshit. Armor Lock especially. I never faced Bungie in the Halo 3 Bungie vs the World but I had an AMAZING time.

*sigh* At least I have that Vidoc to look forward to.

Crucio

Plywood said:
Bahah! I launghed out loud...
I'm usually pretty calm when it comes to armor lock but its being used in bungie day even more then it was being used in sept 2010. Argh!!!

GhaleonEB

I can't get a good game of Firefight going tonight to save my life. All I want is minimal input lag. I have all three search criteria tagged, to get a good connection with someone close. Doubles has nearly 5,000 players in it right now. And all I get are games where I can press a button and count before seeing the action take place on screen. Game after game after game. I won't play like that, as it's a truly miserable experience.

I wish when I set "good connection" in the search restrictions, the game actually used it.

Today has been less than fun.

Homeboyd

GhaleonEB said:
I can't get a good game of Firefight going tonight to save my life. All I want is minimal input lag. I have all three search criteria tagged, to get a good connection with someone close. Doubles has nearly 5,000 players in it right now. And all I get are games where I can press a button and count before seeing the action take place on screen. Game after game after game. I won't play like that, as it's a truly miserable experience.

I wish when I set "good connection" in the search restrictions, the game actually used it.

That's how it is 99% of the time for me... no matter what search restrictions I use. I almost always play Score Attack alone for this very reason.

I had a lot of fun playing in the Bungie Day playlist today. Never saw the crew but still had a good time nonetheless. Even got a super jackpot earlier this morning before work. :)

O D I N

GhaleonEB said:

If I wasn't burnt out on Halo for the night (and didn't make plans for Borderlands with a friend), I would've jumped on for ya. :( I was playing with someone else earlier, and it took us about 5 games just to try and get his vehicle kills done (finally did Holdout Arcade. >.<).

J-Roderton

GhaleonEB said:

You're not alone. I can't get a match to work right in FF most of the time. Always have to go in alone.

Top Bottom