• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Willeth

Tha Robbertster said:
WTf, I just got banned from xbox live!!!???

apperently, I got banned because my bio was: That one guy who did not give a shit.

Wow, why the hell are people gonna report me for that, really.....
That's kind of ironic.

HiredN00bs said:
Question for Mr Big, Hitmonchan, Steely, or Tunavi:

Did any of you note approximately how long the delay was on the stream when you played your game?

Just a couple of seconds. Players found on our screen came up a few seconds before it came up theirs.

Tawpgun

So Bungie has been losing pretty bad which must mean their trueskill is low as hell. On the other hand I've been winning most of my matches...

So... Kind adds to the hopelessness...

A27 Tawpgun said:
So Bungie has been losing pretty bad which must mean their trueskill is low as hell. On the other hand I've been winning most of my matches...

Yeah thats my problem, I dont think I have much chance of matching them now. :(

A27 Tawpgun said:

Or does it? Trueskill is terrible and always seems to throw us good players against bad players, maybe you have an even better chance!

I got my first perfection last night, but it was against a really new kid and his two guests, the other two quit out, and it was mostly with a sword. pretty shameful really.

J-Roderton

thezerofire said:
I got my first perfection last night, but it was against a really new kid and his two guests, the other two quit out, and it was mostly with a sword. pretty shameful really.

I got my first
Reach
perfection about an hour ago under pretty much the exact same circumstances, except I had a shot gun. Really cheap, but hey.

I hit the credit limit in 25 games, I kinda assumed it would take me longer than that, either way I also hit the 30k jackpot twice (Im not sure I got credit for it the first time), so credits have been rolling in. Also got a cheeky exterm in one of my first few games, so even though I didnt play Bungie and get a steak it was still a good swag.

Merguson

Banned
MrBig said:
I'll grill them and post pics the day I get them.

Good man.

Is it me or does this Bungie playlist attract all the armor lock abusers? I just played one match and experienced more armor lock than I have in months.

Booshka

Got my 3rd Super Jackpot of the Week, feel bad for you guys that have been playing to the point of hitting the credit limit and still not getting the jackpot. I have been playing a modest amount of games and got them pretty easily all 3 times.

The one I got today I couldn't even enjoy because my team
of randoms
lost 50-49 when we were up 49-48. Two of the randoms just held forward and got killed by their whole team for the final two kills, while I was waiting for some jackass to come out of Armor Lock to get the 50th kill. He stayed in Armor Lock long enough for my teammates to die, uggh.

It was on Sword Base and pretty much 7/8 players were constantly camping Gold lift or going toward Gold Lift to die, I was trying to get Power Weapons and map control. Map control on Sword Base for scrubs is having Sword, shotgun and a whole lot of Armor Lock camping the Gold Lift, definitive Halo.

Booshka said:
Got my 3rd Super Jackpot of the Week, feel bad for you guys that have playing to the point of hitting the credit limit and not getting the jackpot. I have been playing a modest amount of games and got them pretty easily all 3 times.

The one I got today I couldn't even enjoy because my team
of randoms
lost 50-49 when we were up 49-48. Two of the randoms just held forward and got killed by their whole team for the final two kills, while I was waiting for some jackass to come out of Armor Lock to get the 50th kill. He stayed in Armor Lock long enough for my teammates to die, uggh.

It was on Sword Base and pretty much 7/8 players were constantly camping Gold lift or going toward Gold Lift to die, I was trying to get Power Weapons and map control. Map control on Sword Base for scrubs is having Sword, shotgun and a whole lot of Armor Lock camping the Gold Lift, definitive Halo.
I'd say that's more of the map's fault than the players' though

Falagard

Merguson said:
Good man.

Is it me or does this Bungie playlist attract all the armor lock abusers? I just played one match and experienced more armor lock than I have in months.

Let them reap what they sow.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I can't believe there's still a credit limit.

First time I hit was today, trying to win steak from Bungle.

FourDoor

Tha Robbertster said:

apperently, I got banned because my bio was: That one guy who did not give a shit.

There are kids on XBL man. Gotta keep it clean:

300_366153.jpg

FourDoor

claviertekky said:
Well if I get one, I can pan fry at least.

If you don't have grill then get yourself a nice cast iron skillet!

The only way to cook like a man when you don't have grill available!!!

No need to ever clean it with soap and water and all of the chunks left behind is whatll give your food flavor down the road.

Booshka

thezerofire said:
I'd say that's more of the map's fault than the players' though
No, it's the players fault, all you need to do to players camping Gold is get Grenade Launcher, Snipe and a bunch of nades. Spam nades, bank the grenade launcher rounds in there, and snipe any trying to escape. Go in there pick up whatever power weapons they had, LEAVE, then setup on the top.

Instead, the scrub strategy is to spam nades into the gold lift from the bottom, then lift up and go crazy trying to get a kill before dying. Rinse and repeat all game and never think of a new strategy. This went both ways, 3 of my teammates camped Gold, then when they would die, the other team's 4 players camped Gold, and both sides strategy to break the setup was to throw themselves and their nades up the lift repeatedly.

Obviously there is a flaw in the map if the scrubs in the player base keeps doing the same thing over and over, but Sword Base isn't a completely awful map if players know what they are doing. I never want Halo games to be balanced to the morons that play like that. If anything I blame that kind of playstyle on Reach's mechanics, with close quarters being so overpowered and scrubs hating to shoot at anything that isn't 10 feet in front of them. Oh, and Armor Lock.

Booshka said:
No, it's the players fault, all you need to do to players camping Gold is get Grenade Launcher, Snipe and a bunch of nades. Spam nades, bank the grenade launcher rounds in there, and snipe any trying to escape. Go in there pick up whatever power weapons they had, LEAVE, then setup on the top.

Instead, the scrub strategy is to spam nades into the gold lift from the bottom, then lift up and go crazy trying to get a kill before dying. Rinse and repeat all game and never think of a new strategy. This went both ways, 3 of my teammates camped Gold, then when they would die, the other team's 4 players camped Gold, and both sides strategy to break the setup was to throw themselves and their nades up the lift repeatedly.

Obviously there is a flaw in the map if the scrubs in the player base keeps doing the same thing over and over, but Sword Base isn't a completely awful map if players know what they are doing. I never want Halo games to be balanced to the morons that play like that. If anything I blame that kind of playstyle on Reach's mechanics, with close quarters being so overpowered and scrubs hating to shoot at anything that isn't 10 feet in front of them. Oh, and Armor Lock.
I meant that there's a flaw in the map where a strategy of camping one room can be successful like that

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's a good thing Bungie decided to have this Bungie Day steak giveaway that way they finally play test there game.
wOcY1.gif

PsychoRaven said:
Yea. That is the biggest flaw in the maps for Reach in my opinion.
I think the lack of flow in general is pretty bad. but then again with jetpacks map flow doesn't work very well anyway

O D I N said:
Just played an entire team of Armor Lock'ers.

WHY IS ARMOR LOCK IN THE BUNGIE DAY PLAYLIST?!?!?! :angry face:
It's Bungie's favorite

zumphry

Banned
Plywood said:
It's a good thing Bungie decided to have this Bungie Day steak giveaway that way they finally play test there game.
wOcY1.gif

Well since they're split from Microsoft they don't have all of that cool Testing stuff they used to have.

Booshka

thezerofire said:
I meant that there's a flaw in the map where a strategy of camping one room can be successful like that
I guess it was just a case of me being in a game with two teams of noobs that wanted to do the same cheesy play over and over, while I just watched in horror. I broke the setups a few times with Grenade Launcher and nades, but it didn't really matter because my team would nestle in right into Gold and be the next victims of nade spam.

Nutter

Terrible people will do anything to stay alive for 5 more seconds then they should have... Or just have their team mate bail them out.

f armor lock and evade

Sai-kun

Banned
Tha Robbertster said:

Fair, next.

Top Bottom