• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Worst part about AL is that if you get stuck it bounces off, and your shield regenerate while your in it. Remove those two aspects and it downgrades from Aids status of suckitude to chlamydia suckitude.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Red_Man said:
Worst part about AL is that if you get stuck it bounces off, and your shield regenerate while your in it. Remove those two aspects and it downgrades from Aids status of suckitude to chlamydia suckitude.
Well shit, that's an inappropriate and ignorant analogy if I've ever seen one.

And while I'm playing PC Police here, this isn't okay:
Tashi0106 said:
And he was talking about the needler right Ram? Needler still rapes. Needs to be more on maps.
Yall are awesome and, and so is the Needler, but rape is not. Damn near every woman I know has been sexually assaulted or abused, and I don't appreciate that use of the word.

I'm not trying to be a backseat mod here. Just saying how I feel.

Karl2177

FyreWulff said:
Agreed and GG to HBO. I got carried by randoms that game. XD

The tink noise that a grenade makes has become engraved in my skull. I've attempted resorting to AL, but I can't use that PoS off host. The grenade needs to be toned down hardcore, and I think most of my deaths today have been from grenades.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
omg.kittens said:

Yall are awesome and, and so is the Needler, but rape is not. Damn near every woman I know has been sexually assaulted or abused, and I don't appreciate that use of the word.

Sorry. I don't mean to offend anyone. I've just been using it when talking about Halo for years now. I'll try to cut it out here, just make sure you don't play with me :lol

kylej

Banned
ape.png

agreebyrd(1).gif

COD and Reach cleansed for another day.

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
Sorry. I don't mean to offend anyone. I've just been using it when talking about Halo for years now. I'll try to cut it out here, just make sure you don't play with me :lol

wape, KyleJ knows whats up.

omg.kittens said:

Different rape were discussing. Meet new women btw.

Where the FUCK are vehicles in FF MM? Oh thats right don't make a fucking challenge that you have to kill TEN when there aren't fucking any in MM!!!

GhaleonEB

xxjuicesxx said:
Where the FUCK are vehicles in FF MM? Oh thats right don't make a fucking challenge that you have to kill TEN when there aren't fucking any in MM!!!
Beachhead, Firefight Limited, I've killed over a dozen in one game. But as that can be hard to come by, do Firefight Doubles and pick Arcadefight, Beachhead. You'll get to the 3rd round, meaning five waves of drop ships, with typically at least one in each wave. Pick the sniper class and take them out from afar (five shots toasts a Wraith). Holdout also typically has 3-4 Banshees in each game; again, sniper class and toast them as soon as they fly in.

Score Attack 2X and Fiesta on Beachhead as well will typically yield 1-2 per game brought in on the boss wave. You can tear through a 2X game in about eight or nine minutes on it.

Vehicles are way too rare overall, though. I wish Unearthed was a reliable vehicle kill map, but they are relatively rare there as well.
PsychoRaven said:
You'll also get the occasional Wraith drop off in Corvette and get a couple at least in Overlook.
Yup, but they're not very reliable. Beachhead is the most consistent.

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
Beachhead, Firefight Limited, I've killed over a dozen in one game. But as that can be hard to come by, do Firefight Doubles and pick Arcadefight, Beachhead. You'll get to the 3rd round, meaning five waves of drop ships, with typically at least one in each wave. Pick the sniper class and take them out from afar (five shots toasts a Wraith). Holdout also typically has 3-4 Banshees in each game; again, sniper class and toast them as soon as they fly in.

Score Attack 2X and Fiesta on Beachhead as well will typically yield 1-2 per game brought in on the boss wave. You can tear through a 2X game in about eight or nine minutes on it.

Vehicles are way too rare overall, though. I wish Unearthed was a reliable vehicle kill map, but they are relatively rare there as well.

You'll also get the occasional Wraith drop off in Corvette and get a couple at least in Overlook.

Trasher

omg.kittens said:

I know people who have been murdered/killed, yet ESPN still uses those words when referring to sports. The word "rape" is pretty much the same thing in reference to gaming. It's sad, but that's the world of gaming for ya I guess.

MooMoo

thezerofire said:
And Bungie Day is over. I didn't get to face them, but I did have the honor of playing with Senador and it was quite fun
Yeah, I didn't match with them either. Had fun either way though and managed to finally nab the 30k credit jackpot as well as finish all the challenges for the day. I'll agree with the sentiments above; the vehicle challenge was sort of a bitch. Took me an extra 3-4 rounds of firefight just to finish it. Today made me realize how much I really do enjoy Halo, even if it does have its few quirks. <3 Bungie.

PNut

Banned
Happy Bungie Day Bungie! You guys made some great Halo games.

I'm also thankful that some of you got a glimpse of how fucking awful Reach can be with the terrible maps and standard Slayer gametypes and loadouts. Troll AL all you want, It's shit and you know it.

After viewing the stream today it became painfully obvious that 99% of Bungie team are garbage at Halo Reach MM and Halo in general, and now herds of cattle will be slaughtered in honor of your suckness.

Can't wait to see what you guys have lined up next. :)

Tash I want to thank you for your input on controller sensitivity earlier.

I have since changed to 3, tinkered with 4 (had issues turning to sprint escape like you said) - and my headshotting seems to be pretty consistent with how it always was, but I'm not over-correcting while trying to blow the shield. Also, my sniping has improved quite a bit - simply because aim-assist is doing a lot of the work for me + no-scoping is easier to line up.

Haven't noticed too many issues in CQC so far. I seem to die when I normally would die, getting kills that I would normally get... I was never great at CQC in Halo, so it's no surprise I get pummeled occasionally - however I'm finding that a quick melee clash + jump back and headshot is working a lot more for me now.

You were spot on with the "I'd be awesome on 1 or 10" thing though - it hasn't vastly changed my game - and nearly all of my deaths/killstreaks are a result of map awareness, power weapons and advantageous positions... but it's nice to not be swearing once or twice a game after I over-correct and miss a critical DMR shot that would have saved my ass.

Ramirez

Yup, they gave us an awesome 10 years mostly, I would defend the company to my grave until Reach hit, but I can't really say it was a product of their old Halo team, so whatever.

I'm anxious to see where they head next, I hope it's not an MMO, I simply do not have the time to play them anymore...

Also, jetpacks can suck my dick.

A27 Tawpgun said:
I'll try until midnight EST, but I've been sort of disappointed in this Bungie Day, especially if it's their 20th anniversery and last Halo bungie day.

We got no new reveals. Swag Bags that were near impossible to get (didn't care for one though)
T-Shirt which I got and while cool, is just a T-shirt.
Bunch of auctions for ridiculous prices.

And of course the Bungie vs. The World playlist.

Now, this is like 2009's Bungie Day when we had Bungie vs The World. But that playlist was actually fun to play in. We had never before seen community maps, and while many sucked it was still fun to play in new environments and trying to master them. Never Forget Collonade. :p

The gameplay in H3 was better, even with AR starts. Didn't have to deal with all Reach Bullshit. Armor Lock especially. I never faced Bungie in the Halo 3 Bungie vs the World but I had an AMAZING time.

*sigh* At least I have that Vidoc to look forward to.

I agree 100% but I did actually enjoy playing yesterday. There was a lot of bullshit and I will never play straight slayer ever again, but I did enjoy playing with GAF.

Ramirez said:
Yup, they gave us an awesome 10 years mostly, I would defend the company to my grave until Reach hit, but I can't really say it was a product of their old Halo team, so whatever.

I'm anxious to see where they head next, I hope it's not an MMO, I simply do not have the time to play them anymore...

Also, jetpacks can suck my dick.

I also agree with this 100% I would have been more sad if Halo 3 was the last Halo game but that said it is pretty clear the A team moved onto the new ip - as long as it isnt a life draining mmo im sure I will be getting it.

Bungie games are already addictive, I just couldnt handle a Bungie MMO. :p Either way thanks for all the fun Bungie, its been a good 10 years.

FyreWulff

I had fun, wish there was objective but it couldn't happen with the Steaktacular theme. Maybe they could have snuck CTF Slayer in there.

Striker

While I'll acknowledge I have been disappointed in many things brought to Bungie's last two games in Halo 3 and Halo Reach, I was floored with the first two Halo games Bungie had released. So many countless memories and experiences from Halo 1 (co-op) and Halo 2 (multiplayer), it's going to be nearly impossible for anything to pass those up. I thank Bungie for those experiences, more importantly.

That said, I anxiously await how 343 deals out Halo 4.

A27 Tawpgun said:
The gameplay in H3 was better, even with AR starts. Didn't have to deal with all Reach Bullshit. Armor Lock especially. I never faced Bungie in the Halo 3 Bungie vs the World but I had an AMAZING time.
ththDumbandDUmber.gif

Trasher said:
I know people who have been murdered/killed, yet ESPN still uses those words when referring to sports. The word "rape" is pretty much the same thing in reference to gaming. It's sad, but that's the world of gaming for ya I guess.
Is there a linguistic travesty towards which you would not be apathetic? If not this, then what? I mean "verse" is pretty bad and is growing in usage, how do you feel about that?

And the ESPN example doesn't really legitimize it either; they should be smarter about using such words while professional sports players engage in actual murder.

GhaleonEB said:

Yup, but they're not very reliable. Beachhead is the most consistent.
Their rarity is more apparent when considering the ludicrous commendation for destroying them. I'm somewhere around 500 vehicle kills since the game launched, only 2000 more to go for Gold.

I like Holdout in Score Attack 2x, you can EMP the Banshee off the map with the Pro Pipe™, LASER it (if you receive that as your non-Target Locator ordnance), or just Jetpack right up to it and plant a Plasma grenade. You can also get a vehicle kill by destroying the turret at the center of the map while a Grunt or Brute is on it.

Tawpgun

Striker said:
While I'll acknowledge I have been disappointed in many things brought to Bungie's last two games in Halo 3 and Halo Reach, I was floored with the first two Halo games Bungie had released. So many countless memories and experiences from Halo 1 (co-op) and Halo 2 (multiplayer), it's going to be nearly impossible for anything to pass those up. I thank Bungie for those experiences, more importantly.

That said, I anxiously await how 343 deals out Halo 4.

ththDumbandDUmber.gif
As gross as they were, I'd take Halo 3 AR starts over a team of Armor Lockers.

While I was a bit disappointed with Bungie Day I can say I am more than satisfied with Bungie's work over the last ten years. You guys introduced me to my favorite universe and series of all time. I have so many fond memories of Halo that its become a big part of my life.

I just hope your next game is in my interests. I'd love to be a part of the Bungie community again as you guys launch into a brand new universe.

For now, I hope to see where 343 goes with Halo, and hopefully we'll see them grow into a community as fun as yours.

GhaleonEB said:
I can't get a good game of Firefight going tonight to save my life. All I want is minimal input lag. I have all three search criteria tagged, to get a good connection with someone close. Doubles has nearly 5,000 players in it right now. And all I get are games where I can press a button and count before seeing the action take place on screen. Game after game after game. I won't play like that, as it's a truly miserable experience.

I wish when I set "good connection" in the search restrictions, the game actually used it.

Today has been less than fun.
Glad to know it's not just me. I've been having some terrible FF games lately, maybe the servers need some roto-rooting.

Tashi0106 said:
Lol this is actually an interesting topic. Ways to say how you dominated a player. I get real raunchy lol
Prison-fuck

Oh wow, when did they update team classic? Im playing Midship right now. When did they add Halo 2 maps? Have they added halo 3 maps? Or am I totally wrong and was this in from the start?

Blinding

Yay, after waiting for something like two years and getting deleted multiple times, I finally get activated on GAF.

Pretty sure most of you don't know me, though I've played with a majority of you at least once (in fact, I took part in some Defiant Map Pack customs when that map pack was released however long ago.)

Since I'm assuming it's going to be posted, I'll just go ahead and do the questionnaire thing.

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.

49 in Team Slayer, Team Doubles, MLG, SWAT, and Team Snipers (no, I'm not kidding, I got level locked in all of them except MLG, where I actually went down. :l)

AR or BR?

BR, though CE Pistol tops all.

Favorite multiplayer map from Halo 2 and 3 (one of each).

With Halo 2, it's a tie between Headlong, Midship, and Lockout, all three provided amazing memories and gameplay experiences for me. For Halo 3, it's Construct hands down.

Do you prefer BTB or MLG?

MLG, though I do play BTB every once in a while.

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?

Competitive Multiplayer, never really got into Firefight sadly.

Games completed on Legendary.

All of them.

Are you EazyB?

Nah, I may love the Chopper but I'm certainly not a dino.

Favorite Campaign missions (all games).

CE: Silent Cartographer, was the first level I played when I was a little boy and noting will ever replicate that experience.
Halo 2: Metropolis, though it was a let down compared to the Halo 2 E3 demo.
Halo 3: Ehhhh, think I'll go with Tsavo Highway on this one, though I don't really have a favorite from Halo 3.
ODST: Kikowani Station.
Halo Reach: New Alexandria, it was a change of pace compared to the other levels and for some reason I really enjoyed it. Plus, come on, you can hit a switch and turn into a pelican.

Favorite Reach playlists.

MLG, though it's not like I won't/don't play any of the other playlists.

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).

4.23 GB

Opinion on reticule bloom.

I don't like it. While I understand what they've conveyed they were trying to do, I feel like they could've executed it better. Bloom seems like it was for campaign and firefight rather then multiplayer, and it gets incredibly frustrating to put so many shots into someone and have them turn around, spam five, and kill you, hopefully the title update at the very least fixes that.

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you favor.

Just like bloom, I don't like them, while understanding what they were attempting to do. Things like sprint and jetpack would be fine if the pace of the game didn't depend on them, I would've much rather preferred a game that was fast paced without them, but then again they did create armor lock, which is obviously very, very broken just because of the clipping glitch.

Why are you a Halo fan?

Because I pretty much grew up with it alongside Counter Strike. Even though Reach was a let-down in my opinion, it is still very high up there in comparison to other triple A titles, which just shows how far Bungie had set the bar (and that 343 has a lot of work to do to impress.) I love the story line, I generally love the gameplay, I love the artwork directions and the fact that all of the games have just flat out been fun.

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite. (optional)

Haha, not going to provide my favorite and least favorite, but I'm pretty sure I disliked Juices at one point just because of the way he was conveying his opinion about the Halo 3 playlist management, though I agreed with what his point was. Outside of that I don't think I've come remotely close to disliking anyone else here, you guys seem like a friendly, intelligent bunch.

kylej

Banned
HiredN00bs said:
Is there a linguistic travesty towards which you would not be apathetic? If not this, then what? I mean "verse" is pretty bad and is growing in usage, how do you feel about that?

And the ESPN example doesn't really legitimize it either; they should be smarter about using such words while professional sports players engage in actual murder.

man some of these new kids are weird

I'm so glad "the world" one this round. Losing last time was embarrassing.

bobs99 ... said:
Oh wow, when did they update team classic? Im playing Midship right now. When did they add Halo 2 maps? Have they added halo 3 maps? Or am I totally wrong and was this in from the start?

Team Classic has always had Halo 2 maps (Lockout, Midship, Beaver Creek). There are no Halo 3 maps as of yet.

Striker

Jeremiah has mentioned not adding Halo 3 maps because you or any one else can play those said maps on Xbox Live at the moment.

If any updates to Classic 343 can do is update a better version for Lockout, and add some others for flag. They could add 1-flag to Hang 'em High's variation and add some other maps like Ascension, Sanctuary, Turf, and possibly for a large map experience, a Coag variant.

Striker said:
Jeremiah has mentioned not adding Halo 3 maps because you or any one else can play those said maps on Xbox Live at the moment.

If any updates to Classic 343 can do is update a better version for Lockout, and add some others for flag. They could add 1-flag to Hang 'em High's variation and add some other maps like Ascension, Sanctuary, Turf, and possibly for a large map experience, a Coag variant.

I think adding just a couple of REALLY good Halo 3 maps would just create greater variety in the playlist, after all something like The Pit should probably be in every game. :p Sure I can go play Halo 3 to play those maps, but I dont see why that should stop me from also experiencing those maps in Reach.

Flag on Hang em High would be sweet, I loved that back in the day.

Either way im going to wait for Classic++ for my classic fix, believe.

GhaleonEB

xxjuicesxx said:
Different rape were discussing. Meet new women btw.
I've been married 12 years and have two daughters. I wince every time I see 'rape' used in this context. I'm not a sensitive guy, but it's one of the few things around here that does bother me. Please find a different word; I'm fond of 'donged'.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Stripper13 said:
Tash I want to thank you for your input on controller sensitivity earlier.

I have since changed to 3, tinkered with 4 (had issues turning to sprint escape like you said) - and my headshotting seems to be pretty consistent with how it always was, but I'm not over-correcting while trying to blow the shield. Also, my sniping has improved quite a bit - simply because aim-assist is doing a lot of the work for me + no-scoping is easier to line up.

Haven't noticed too many issues in CQC so far. I seem to die when I normally would die, getting kills that I would normally get... I was never great at CQC in Halo, so it's no surprise I get pummeled occasionally - however I'm finding that a quick melee clash + jump back and headshot is working a lot more for me now.

You were spot on with the "I'd be awesome on 1 or 10" thing though - it hasn't vastly changed my game - and nearly all of my deaths/killstreaks are a result of map awareness, power weapons and advantageous positions... but it's nice to not be swearing once or twice a game after I over-correct and miss a critical DMR shot that would have saved my ass.
Awesome, glad everything worked out. Make sure you stick with it now :)

Welcome blinding, glad you finally got accepted.

Top Bottom