• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Ramirez

urk said:
Guests, like a great many things, are far beyond the reach of TrueSkill.

Guests should be restricted to their own playlist. They ruin every game they're in, it really kills any kind of competitive nature from a game. The team they're on will get crushed, and the team facing them will be bored to tears.

Lingitiz

Ramirez said:
Guests should be restricted to their own playlist. They ruin every game they're in, it really kills any kind of competitive nature from a game. The team they're on will get crushed, and the team facing them will be bored to tears.
This along with a dedicated solo playlist. Getting destroyed by a stacked team while everyone on my side is either solo or has a guest is the worst.

Trasher

Ramirez said:
Aka: Ram doesn't have any friends.

Forever-Alone.jpg

Havok

Ramirez said:
Lingitiz said:
This along with a dedicated solo playlist. Getting destroyed by a stacked team while everyone on my side is either solo or has a guest is the worst.
Or just have the system only match like with like. As ideal as it would be to have dedicated playlists, there's already a severe case of bloated playlist count in Reach.

Karl2177

Lingitiz said:
This, please. I've said before that Arena(at least) should be like SC2. You go in alone, and get ranked as 4v4 random. Go in with 3 friends, and get ranked as a 4 player team with friends A, B, and C.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
A27 Tawpgun said:
I see your avatar is still animated? Fighting the power?
Animated avatars aren't going to be done for til' next month, but you can be a ahead of the curve and make the switch now so people can identify you more easily later.

Plywood said:
Animated avatars aren't going to be done for til' next month, but you can be a ahead of the curve and make the switch now so people can identify you more easily later.
I'm so effed.

And even more off-topic: If you haven't watched Misfits, I suggest you do so.

Imagine Heroes, but actually good.
To be fair, the first season was amazing.

I'm probably about to get online again.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dax01 said:
Fucking hell. This is gonna annoy me now (I dunno why). Some avatars are going to have a width of 90 and others 100.
Make the increase Dax, you know you want 10 more pixels worth of Sophie!

Lingitiz

Karl2177 said:
This, please. I've said before that Arena(at least) should be like SC2. You go in alone, and get ranked as 4v4 random. Go in with 3 friends, and get ranked as a 4 player team with friends A, B, and C.
Honestly, I thought something like the psych profiles would help with this, but it seems like they do absolutely nothing. I feel like Reach's matchmaking system added very few improvements.

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
No this guy didn't just have a bad game. He was outclassed. It was so obvious. Nobody goes -13 in a slayer game unless you're being out classed. It's superrr rare.

So basically when Trasher went 0-15 the other day he was simply outclassed? I agree. Happens to him pretty much every game, poor guy.

My friends and I had all fallen off of Halo until we played the Classic Playlist tonight. We all loved it.

We had so much that it led to epic Hemmorhage CTF custom games.

Nostalgic night.

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
Suggested bannable offense: vetoing Beachhead in favor of Holdout. In the broad scheme of things, it's worse that betraying.

Holdout>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beachhead

That map would have been awesome if they had just altered it a tiny bit for Firefight. Mainly in moving the canopies on the walkways up to the building. It could have been a great vehicle map. As is now using the vehicles mean certain death.

NOKYARD

Will not have time to make a new avatar till late next week so i dug up my very first Halo Avatar from 6 years ago at High Impact Halo.

GhaleonEB

PsychoRaven said:
Holdout>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beachhead

That map would have been awesome if they had just altered it a tiny bit for Firefight. Mainly in moving the canopies on the walkways up to the building. It could have been a great vehicle map. As is now using the vehicles mean certain death.
Holdout is utter garbage, one of three maps I've taken to actually quitting on occasion. No redeeming qualities. Terrible sight lines, rusty metal boxes for structures, no chance for interesting combat anywhere. The entire map gets carpet bombed for a full minute by drop ships each wave. Awful.

Beachhead is not a vehicle map, despite their presence. Once you realize that, it's the best map in the entire set, though, including Unearthed. So many ways to move about, ample Wraiths and Ghosts getting dropped off to take down, a great mix of long and short sight lines, tons of places to bolt off to when you get flushed out of the main structure...I could play that map forever. I usually don't comment on such subjective things as map preference, but it's like saying Isolation >>>>>> Valhalla.

##############

At any rate, this is what I came to post: it wasn't me, but it was the funniest end to a game I've seen in a while. I had died (fell off a platform into the middle due to the lack of ledges), leaving this guy as the last man standing. And he was doing so well....

Just a few pick-me-ups to help you get through your Monday morning:

Excuse me, That's Mine (YouTube User: DRPclouD)

Spartan Superman (YouTube User: tijslovesmusic)

Fore! (YouTube User: FailsOfReach)

Shotgun Camping Fail (YouTube User: DRPclouD)

6-in-1 Rocket (YouTube User: Dezures)

Accidental Betrayal (YouTube User: WolfGamer117)

Watch for Falling Spartans (YouTube User: mOcKaS)

Cliffs of Dover (YouTube User: MrGUITARMAN1232)

Golf Ball Suicide (YouTube User: WolfGamer117)

(I know that people on YouTube steal clips and upload them as their own, but I can only give credit to the uploader.)

News:

Gamasutra reported that speakers from Bungie will be at the East Coast Game Conference on Wednesday. With that said, I have yet to find any member of Bungie on the speaker's list or session schedule. Maybe I'm just overlooking it, because even Destructoid ran this bit of info. Oddly enough, I did find a Dave Ellis, who works at Vicious Cycle Software.

If you missed Machinima Respawn's Defiant live stream last week, all four hours (!) of it are now available on its YouTube channel. There's a pretty funny skit at the beginning of the first part, which I linked to.

NSFW (again): Sunday's episode of Sanity Not Included had another Reach bit. This one was a National Geographic parody featuring an Elite in "his natural habitat." Give it a watch, eh?

And for you Black Ops players out there, here's a handy guide to make a Noble Team playercard.

Tunavi

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
At any rate, this is what I came to post: it wasn't me, but it was the funniest end to a game I've seen in a while. I had died (fell off a platform into the middle due to the lack of ledges), leaving this guy as the last man standing. And he was doing so well....
haha that is great. If that was the last enemy would everyone have respawned?

Hitmonchan107 said:
Man I remember seeing this one a long time ago, thats a re-upload. Not that it matters or anything haha

Also, no videos from customs anyone wants to share? :(

GhaleonEB

Tunavi said:
haha that is great. If that was the last enemy would everyone have respawned?
Nope, alas. You have to live until everyone respawns for the game to continue. Many times I've gotten the Hero medal, and the ten second countdown begins for player respawns...and then I'll get killed, everyone spawns in, and the game ends as they're playing. If that was the last dude, he'd have gotten the Hero medal on the way down, though, which would have been amazing.

Ramirez

When is that 5v5 list scheduled to hit? My enjoyment of playing the game really nose dives when we're forced to play the DLC playlists all night or terribad BTB...

Still think the DLC playlists should be merged into one, both of them were at <1K all night, Noble around 300 for the majority of the night and Defiant at like 600...

Tunavi

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Nope, alas. You have to live until everyone respawns for the game to continue. Many times I've gotten the Hero medal, and the ten second countdown begins for player respawns...and then I'll get killed, everyone spawns in, and the game ends as they're playing. If that was the last dude, he'd have gotten the Hero medal on the way down, though, which would have been amazing.
Hero!!!.......Game over. lol

Ramirez said:
Still think the DLC playlists should be merged into one
Agreed. Pre-game voting would be a lot more exciting if you aren't limited to just 2/3 maps. Limited selections like that get really boring, especially defiant
____

So it seems like the My Little Pony avatars are the reason the animated avatars have been banned.

AlienShogun 1, My Little Pony 1. :lol

Striker

5v5 will probably hit when BTB is revamped, so I suspect early May or very late April.

I am taking a leave of absence from BTB until the horseshit is removed and adjusted. Played one game yesterday with Havok, and had an abundance of Elite Slayer, Bro Slayer, and Headhunter splattered on my voting options.

I dont understand the love here for 5v5? Can someone explain, I found that it totally ruined halo 3 social slayer - theres more action sure, but with so many players on the smaller maps the gameplay just becomes more about running at eachother than flanking around etc.

Tunavi said:
So it seems like the My Little Pony avatars are the reason the animated avatars have been banned.

AlienShogun 1, My Little Pony 1. :lol

:lol

:(

JonCha

Bro Slayer is in BTB? Haven't played it in a long while so I didn't realise. I thought that gametype was going to be good...

Havok said:
It could have been a daily for how easy it is, really. :/
Definitely. At least I can mop up the other two campaign challenges by doing it today.

e:

Not Lough, High

Earn a score of 80,000 in any mission in the Reach Campaign.

7777cR

Top Bottom