• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

I'm getting really tired of being booted for betraying teammates on accident. We were in invasion about to win and this idiot runs in front of me and dies. Instantly I'm booted even though it was HIS fault. I had a lot of kills too.

Invasion is a fun gametype though

Anyone else think that Active Camo's movement properties should be inverted? As in, faster you go, more invisible you are? You know, to encourage movement/sneaking instead of camping.

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:
I guess everyone read it already: No animated avatars. I need a new avatar, but I'm not very good with Photoshop. Could anyone make me a awesome avatar with my spartan? Screenshots from my last LNoS run:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16414696&player=Hypertrooper
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16414694&player=Hypertrooper
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16414719&player=Hypertrooper

Thanks!
hyper1.jpg

hyper2.jpg

Zee-V70 said:
Anyone else think that Active Camo's movement properties should be inverted? As in, faster you go, more invisible you are? You know, to encourage movement/sneaking instead of camping.

Well then people would just dance around in one spot to stay invisible. And Active Camo would be way overpowered for navigating maps invisibly.

I think the better fix is: zooming in has the same effect on your cloaking as movement (i.e. radar jammer still works but a zoomed-in sniper is not invisible).

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:
Mmh. Can you do it with white background? It would be perfect <3
I would but it's way outside my histogram from when I edited the flames for the black, and I didn't save it.

Zee-V70 said:

I don't think that would work: When you get shot, you can just activate camo and run away while invisible, increasing your chances to get away.
With the system that is used now, you can also go invisible while being shot but atleast, you can't get very far without being seen which decreases your places to run to.

vhfive said:
Got my Beta disc in the mail :D
Gonna play later tonight to test it out

Dashboard beta edition contains no bloom and that 343 defiant map pack helmet that was shown in the screenshots. Also when people use armour lock it self destructs them. Its a pretty awesome edition.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anyone who got into the preview check your mailboxes, my free reach just arrived.

Side note, I have to thank Evillore for getting rid of animated avatars, this one is better!

Gui_PT said:
Y u pick me?

Better question, why not?

FourDoor

Nice. My reach preview disk came also.

Was surprised to hear the doorbell ring and see the FedEx guy dropping it off.

Edit: I also like the part where it says play Reach for at least an hour using the preview disk. That shouldn't be too hard to do. LOL ;)

Louis Wu said:
There's something wrong with your Xbox's hard drive.

This happens to other people, but RARELY. And almost never more than once. Certainly not 20 times.

I don't know what causes it - but it's specific to your situation at this point.

It has happened to be 3 times, I have learned to embrace it and play more campaign.

Louis Wu said:
There's something wrong with your Xbox's hard drive.

This happens to other people, but RARELY. And almost never more than once. Certainly not 20 times.

I don't know what causes it - but it's specific to your situation at this point.

Damn I missed this post originally, thanks StarWolf for quoting it!

I literally have never had this problem (or any similar problem) with any other game. Im also really careful with my xbox and I know im giving Reach enough time to finish doing any loading/ saving it needs to do before switching it off. If it is something with my Hard Drive fair enough, but since the problem is happening to other people (even if its just a few times) im inclined to think that theres something wrong with the game itself, and that im just somehow doing something which is triggering the bug more than most (god knows what triggers it). I have been careful to never launch waypoint while in Reach which is apparently what is known to cause it.

At first I didnt mind, but after playing through the campaign so many times im just frustrated at the idea of playing through it again to simply get to a later level. Grr.

O D I N

Gui_PT said:
Wow, if you play on New Alexandria with all skulls on, every dropship you destroy is worth over 10 000 points

I know what I'm gonna abuse later. :D

Also, I mourn the loss of your moving eyebrows. :<

Karl2177

My disc looks slightly different than the one in the picture. It's got the same words, but it looks like they went overboard with the text art. Hopefully I don't ragequit Reach before the 1 hour period it tells me to do.

Also, my new avy? Y/N?

Ramirez

So, is there any point to keeping my original Reach disc? Other than the disc being ugly and no real case, I guess I'll trade the original one in, unless Im missing something.

MrBig

Ramirez said:
So, is there any point to keeping my original Reach disc? Other than the disc being ugly and no real case, I guess I'll trade the original one in, unless Im missing something.
They say it's a full retail copy of reach with the added dashboard update to the disc. I'm just keeping both for LAN games. Not worth the money you'll get for selling a game anywhere.

I wish I could do my part in the beta and help out, but I have yet to run into any problems at all. Been using the new disc all day, played a movie, listened to music, nothing broke.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Urk/Frankie

Epic is putting a quitter counter measure into matchmaking with Gears 3 that makes quitters play with quitters.

I know it's MUCH less of an issue now, but it's still a good idea.

Any chance you could add that in?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Alienshogun said:
Urk/Frankie

Epic is putting a quitter counter measure into matchmaking with Gears 3 that makes quitters play with quitters.

That's interesting. How do you get labeled as a "quitter"?

Alienshogun said:
Urk/Frankie

So say for a week my internet service provider turned to shit, would I then have to sit that week out and not play a game I payed full price for in the fear that even after the problem got sorted out that I would be playing in crappy matches?

Im glad I moved internet providers but it wasnt too long ago where my internet might turn unstable for weeks at a time. (usually during exam times. :()

Its a good idea, but one which seems like its going to punish legitimate players too much.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
That's interesting. How do you get labeled as a "quitter"?

Quitting early mid round, I'm guessing the more you do it the more it adds that attribute like Truskill.

Also, in the event P2P is going on (server overload) that person also gets a host ban.

bobs99 ... said:
So say for a week my internet service provider turned to shit, would I then have to sit that week out and not play a game I payed full price for in the fear that even after the problem got sorted out that I would be playing in crappy matches?

Im glad I moved internet providers but it wasnt too long ago where my internet might turn unstable for weeks at a time. (usually during exam times. :()

Its a good idea, but one which seems like its going to punish legitimate players too much.

That wouldn't be the norm though.

I'm not sure why people jump to these "what if" scenarios.

The easy answer is when you don't quit you will stop being MMed with quitters.

wwm0nkey

Alienshogun said:
Urk/Frankie

They also are adding dedicated servers. Something that should be an option in ALL AAA games!

Seriously 343i's Halo better have dedicated servers.

Alienshogun said:
Quitting early mid round, I'm guessing the more you do it the more it adds that attribute like Truskill.

Also, in the event P2P is going on (server overload) that person also gets a host ban.

That wouldn't be the norm though.

I'm not sure why people jump to these "what if" scenarios.

The easy answer is when you don't quit you will stop being MMed with quitters.

As for what if scenarios - Well generally in life its the best way of analysing things. Infact I bet a huge chunk of the Gears of war and Reach and any other games programming is made up of If statements :p

When it comes to the 'easy answer' I dont buy it, even if the system resets itself every month or so you are going to suffer for a few weeks longer than you needed to. The system wont suddently realise you have stopped being a habitual quitter, it will need time to judge that. Why should I suffer for 4 weeks if my internet was only unstable for 2 weeks?

Tashi0106 said:
Yea I meant the actual matching of quitters. I'm guessing there's a way to reverse the effect as well? Let's say your quitting days are in the past...ya know?

This is exactly what worries me about those types of systems.

Tashi

Alienshogun said:

Yea I meant the actual matching of quitters. I'm guessing there's a way to reverse the effect as well? Let's say your quitting days are in the past...ya know?

Karl2177

Just got a perfection again. Guess what medal doesn't appear in the top medals list. Why is it that First Strike always appears, but something as awesome as a Perfection or Extermination sometimes won't. Also, had 2 sweet pro pipe moments in the game. Thinking of uloading them later.

Karl2177 said:
Just got a perfection again. Guess what medal doesn't appear in the top medals list. Why is it that First Strike always appears, but something as awesome as a Perfection or Extermination sometimes won't. Also, had 2 sweet pro pipe moments in the game. Thinking of uloading them later.
If you ain't first, you're last.

Tashi

Karl2177 said:
Because the way First Strike is said by the announcer is the best. I love it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
ncsuDuncan said:
Heh, looks like Hitmonchan's HaloGAF posts have earned him a gig as the newest HBO news hound.

Nice going!

The only Halo news I ever link here is already on HBO. :p

He posts news? Not a jab at him at all, I guess I just never noticed.

Ah, I see now, he posts news about news. I was confused for a second.

Happy for ya Hitmon!

That's a non paying gig right? Wu's a cheap bastard!

Louis Wu

Alienshogun said:
He posts news? Not a jab at him at all, I guess I just never noticed.

Ah, I see now, he posts news about news. I was confused for a second.

Happy for ya Hitmon!

That's a non paying gig right? Wu's a cheap bastard!
It's a profit-sharing deal. He makes 15% of bungie.org's gross income.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Louis Wu said:
It's a profit-sharing deal. He makes 15% of bungie.org's gross income.

Sometimes it's hard to tell with you, but this is a joke yeah?

My first reaction was to laugh.

If you're dead serious that's really awesome.

Domino Theory said:
I got the disc today, too, but haven't tried it yet. Anything new added to it?

Nah, but you will need to delete your old install and reinstall with this disk. (not really need but you won't want a double install)

Top Bottom