• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Crucio

Yeah! This weekly is gonna be a breeze yet fun as well. I think I'm gonna hit New Alexandria in co-op. 5-8 skulls is all you need to make quick work of it.

O D I N

Crucio said:
Yeah! This weekly is gonna be a breeze yet fun as well. I think I'm gonna hit New Alexandria in co-op. 5-8 skulls is all you need to make quick work of it.

I was thinking New Alexandria. Banshees and stuff respawn, yesh?

bobs99 ... said:
I dont understand the love here for 5v5? Can someone explain, I found that it totally ruined halo 3 social slayer - theres more action sure, but with so many players on the smaller maps the gameplay just becomes more about running at eachother than flanking around etc.

:(

I hate 5v5 too, 4v4 is Halo's sweet spot IMO.

LosDaddie

Banned
Alienshogun said:
Long night of Solace, Rally point Alpha, Solo legendary all skulls on. Finished in 7 minutes.

Thanks.

xxjuicesxx said:
Why does it say score 38K?

Hell I was only at like halfway at 6 minutes how the fuck did you do it that quick?

This was my next question. Did he get the challenge done?

query:

does setting scoring to "team mode" mean two players have to collectively score 80k? or is it still your individual score that matters?

oddworld18 said:
query:

does setting scoring to "team mode" mean two players have to collectively score 80k? or is it still your individual score that matters?

I don't think so, would be too easy and I can remember from other point chalanges that it didn't work this way
But it's very easy to get on LnoS as other people said, I got it in around 7 minutes.

O D I N

Tha Robbertster said:
I don't think so, would be too easy and I can remember from other point chalanges that it didn't work this way
But it's very easy to get on LnoS as other people said, I got it in around 7 minutes.

Yeah, seemed like it'd be too easy to do co-op.

Solo it is. I sure do love my Starfox LNoS runs.

GhaleonEB

I'm trying to make the weekly Challenge actually challenging, so I'm doing some missions solo on Heroic with a bunch of skulls on, without dying. And it's just reminding me of how so much stuff in the game makes it challenging in the wrong ways. I keep dying to psychic Wraiths, suicidal and homicidal friendly AI and other such nonsense. Temptation to hop in a Falcon or Saber and get it over with is rising.

Halo 1 and Halo 3 were so fun with hard settings, but Reach is not. :\

Edit: gave into temptation. LNoS'd.

Ramirez

bobs99 ... said:
I dont understand the love here for 5v5? Can someone explain, I found that it totally ruined halo 3 social slayer - theres more action sure, but with so many players on the smaller maps the gameplay just becomes more about running at eachother than flanking around etc.

:lol

:(

I prefer 4v4 of course, but our nightly parties rarely ever end up with just 4 of us. Compared to Invasion, DLC, or BTB, I would gladly play 5v5 slayer or objective over those options.

You just have to get the score cool dude.

I'm gonna hit up this weekly later. Any time there is a points challenge, I just load up the last level on normal with 4 skulls on and I end up with close to 100k every time.

wtf, just when I was loading up Reach with the intention of going for the weekly I find that my campaign progress has wiped for like the 20th time. There must be a official word on this glitch, im always extremely careful with my xbox, but with Reach especially because of this damn glitch im extra wary of loading screens and stuff. I literally back out to main menu and give the game time to do any background loading whenever I switch it off and I still get wiped progress. Grr.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Renegade is broken.

Aj4xN.jpg

-Red Circle, where I spawned and "committed suicide
BtNU1.gif
".

-White Rectangle is right after I died upon breathing new life I grabbed a banshee and took the skies only to be met with suicide again.

-Red Pink Rectangle is the actual killzone area.

Plywood said:
Renegade is broken.

Aj4xN.jpg

BtNU1.gif
".

-White Rectangle is right after I died upon breathing new life I grabbed a banshee and took the skies only to be met with suicide again.

I have a lot of fun on Renegade but it has problems like the ones you pointed out plywood

Plywood said:
Renegade is broken.

http://i.imgur.com/Aj4xN.jpg

BtNU1.gif
".

I was driving a warthog around and randomly committed suicide simply by driving into the spot you circled in red lol.

Plywood said:
Renegade is broken.

http://i.imgur.com/Aj4xN.jpg[IMG]

-Red Circle, where I spawned and "committed suicide [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BtNU1.gif".

It was mentioned in the BWU that fixes are coming if I understand it correctly:

Jokes aside, sincere apologies to players who are running into issues in Community BTB. We’ll clean it up as quickly as possible. Until then, Jeremiah is being forced to sit just outside the men’s room where he will practice holding his breath for 188 seconds at a time.

I've been killed a few times overthere as well, really anoying.

JB1981

GhaleonEB said:
I'm trying to make the weekly Challenge actually challenging, so I'm doing some missions solo on Heroic with a bunch of skulls on, without dying. And it's just reminding me of how so much stuff in the game makes it challenging in the wrong ways. I keep dying to psychic Wraiths, suicidal and homicidal friendly AI and other such nonsense. Temptation to hop in a Falcon or Saber and get it over with is rising.

Edit: gave into temptation. LNoS'd.

I'm pretty decent at Halo, been playing through Reach on Legendary, about midway through Tip of the Spear and I haven't found this to be the case at all. The AI is tough as nails and I am having a blast trying to outsmart them. Loving it so far, but I didn't play Halo 3 on Legendary much

Finally! I'm able to get a weekly again :) I don't know which mission I should take. Long Night Of Solace? The Package? Exodus? New Alexandria? Argh. I guess Long Night Of Solace will be awesome.

GhaleonEB said:

Agree 100%. Nothing more frustrating than a Wraith that can shoot backwards, or enemies that can still see you even though your full camo and completely stationary. I'm really tempted to go back and play the H3 campaign again with some skulls on and do a comparison (anyone interested?) now that I've got more campaign runs in Reach than I did in H3.

I will say that online co-op campaign in Reach is glorious. I've met very few trolls and the cr payout is decent enough to keep my interest in the playlist rather than just galloping through solo runs skull-free (wish the IWHBYD skull was on, though).

Plywood said:
Renegade is broken.
It's a known issue and it's supposed to be fixed ASAP, according to Jeremiah. It's not even the current version of the map that the author has in his fileshare.

People are starting to receive their dashboard beta copies of Halo: Reach. Twitter user Anditheway was kind enough to post photos of the disc and case.

CraigFL, one of the new recipients of a dashboard beta Reach copy, said the game isn't "deaf-friendly." He pointed out the lack of subtitles for in-game dialogue. I never noticed that before.

If you're woefully inept at Grifball (like myself), GrifballHub designed a beginner's video to help out. Check out the accompanying article for links to the maps and gametypes found in the video.

Hypertrooper said:
Btw. I love every of your post.Pls. continue
Thank you! Day = made.

O D I N said:
I must have missed something. Dashboard beta? Reach? O__o What is this is?
I must've missed something, myself: Congrats on the member status!

As for the question, those who signed up for Microsoft's new dashboard beta received a free copy of Halo: Reach. Some of those who signed up received the dashboard update on the disc, but it's only fair to give everyone a copy of the game.

Hitmonchan107 said:
CraigFL, one of the new recipients of a dashboard beta Reach copy, said the game isn't "deaf-friendly." He pointed out the lack of subtitles for in-game dialogue. I never noticed that before.
That isn't new for a Halo Game. No in game dialogue was subtitled in Halo 2-Halo 3: ODST.

Btw. I love every of your post.Pls. continue

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Glad to hear Renegade and the rest of Community BTB is getting fixed, still disappointed things like that got through in the first place.

O D I N

Hitmonchan107 said:
People are starting to receive their dashboard beta copies of Halo: Reach. Twitter user Anditheway was kind enough to post photos of the disc and case.

I must have missed something. Dashboard beta? Reach? O__o What is this is?

wwm0nkey

Hitmonchan107 said:

If you're woefully inept at Grifball (like myself), GrifballHub designed a beginner's video to help out. Check out the accompanying article for links to the maps and gametypes found in the video.
I see the option for subtitles right here though, maybe he didn't look hard enough?

JB1981

squidhands said:
Agree 100%. Nothing more frustrating than a Wraith that can shoot backwards, or enemies that can still see you even though your full camo and completely stationary. I'm really tempted to go back and play the H3 campaign again with some skulls on and do a comparison (anyone interested?) now that I've got more campaign runs in Reach than I did in H3.

I will say that online co-op campaign in Reach is glorious. I've met very few trolls and the cr payout is decent enough to keep my interest in the playlist rather than just galloping through solo runs skull-free (wish the IWHBYD skull was on, though).

It's a known issue and it's supposed to be fixed ASAP, according to Jeremiah. It's not even the current version of the map that the author has in his fileshare.

They can still see you if you have nightvision on, if you don't have nightvision on they won't see you if you are using camo properly (crouching).

bobs99 ... said:

I don't see the reason for a 5v5 slayer only playlist in the slightest, but I guess I'll wait for Jeremiah or Urkles to detail what is in the playlist.

Letters said:
kinda want that disc, looks scary

The previous internal one that I have is even uglier!

JB1981 said:
They can still see you if you have nightvision on, if you don't have nightvision on they won't see you if you are using camo properly (crouching).
Crouching shouldn't be any more camo-y than standing perfectly still. Poor design.

GhaleonEB

squidhands said:

I got most of the way through ONI before realizing I wasn't going to get enough points, then toggled over to Tip of the Spear. Got beaned by a Wraith that hit me from almost over the gun turret, on the far side. I was never even in line of sight. Next I tried Exodus (which I really like, until the end) and another psychic Wraith killed me, this time a backward reflex shot after I snuck up on it. (Actually, I partly dodged it, but it did enough damage that a few shots from a Ghost finished me off.) I was bummed as I spent a lot of time being meticulous on the level, not killing civilians despite their dogged efforts to leap in front of my fire, just being really methodical. And I feel like the game cheated on me (again!).

It's amusing to me that perhaps my least favorite part of the entire campaign - the end of Exodus - is my favorite Firefight map.

Finally caved and did it on LNoS. Took from the beginning until the assault on the Corvette until I hit 80k, with all skulls but Mythic on.

I was kind of hoping for a Firefight Challenge this week, since next will probably be the Exodus LASO run. I don't think that one will be too bad since even with all skulls on, Brutes can get their skull caps knocked off and domed pretty easily. They won't instill terror the way Elites do when buffed with Tilt and Mythic.

I think I'll spend a bit more time in the co-op playlist, I've also had generally good times in it and I keep forgetting to give it a romp from time to time. Seems everyone just wants to play New Alexandria in it, though.
squidhands said:
I've played it 4 times in nearly 60 online co-op games. Join me and together we'll rule the co-op universe!
Looking back, it was three of my last nine in the playlist. But I hadn't played in there before that. So my recollection was more about the recent romps.

Gonna hop on now for a game or two.

Havok

Well, the weekly was easy enough to do in 10 minutes. Maybe we've just been spoiled by the five-digit payouts for the last month ago, but at least the other low-payers have taken some time and felt challenge-y. Combined with the automatic weapons challenges (I hate these) lately, I dunno. Kinda underwhelming.

JB1981 said:
Did you have night vision on :p
No, night vision in Reach does weird things to my old, tired eyes. Never use it.

GhaleonEB said:
I got most of the way through ONI before realizing I wasn't going to get enough points, then toggled over to Tip of the Spear. Got beaned by a Wraith that hit me from almost over the gun turret, on the far side. I was never even in line of sight. Next I tried Exodus (which I really like, until the end) and another psychic Wraith killed me, this time a backward reflex shot after I snuck up on it. (Actually, I partly dodged it, but it did enough damage that a few shots from a Ghost finished me off.) I was bummed as I spent a lot of time being meticulous on the level, not killing civilians despite their dogged efforts to leap in front of my fire, just being really methodical. And I feel like the game cheated on me (again!).

It's amusing to me that perhaps my least favorite part of the entire campaign - the end of Exodus - is my favorite Firefight map.

Finally caved and did it on LNoS. Took from the beginning until the assault on the Corvette until I hit 80k, with all skulls but Mythic on.

I was kind of hoping for a Firefight Challenge this week, since next will probably be the Exodus LASO run. I don't think that one will be too bad since even with all skulls on, Brutes can get their skull caps knocked off and domed pretty easily. They won't instill terror the way Elites do when buffed with Tilt and Mythic.

I think I'll spend a bit more time in the co-op playlist, I've also had generally good times in it and I keep forgetting to give it a romp from time to time. Seems everyone just wants to play New Alexandria in it, though.
I've played it 4 times in nearly 60 online co-op games. Join me and together we'll rule the co-op universe!

YKtvE.jpg

Louis Wu

bobs99 ... said:
wtf, just when I was loading up Reach with the intention of going for the weekly I find that my campaign progress has wiped for like the 20th time. There must be a official word on this glitch, im always extremely careful with my xbox, but with Reach especially because of this damn glitch im extra wary of loading screens and stuff. I literally back out to main menu and give the game time to do any background loading whenever I switch it off and I still get wiped progress. Grr.
There's something wrong with your Xbox's hard drive.

This happens to other people, but RARELY. And almost never more than once. Certainly not 20 times.

I don't know what causes it - but it's specific to your situation at this point.

O D I N

Hypertrooper said:
I guess everyone read it already: No animated avatars. I need a new avatar, but I'm not very good with Photoshop. Could anyone make me a awesome avatar with my spartan? Screenshots from my last LNoS run:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16414696&player=Hypertrooper
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16414694&player=Hypertrooper
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16414719&player=Hypertrooper

Thanks!

Be happy to once I get home. Expect them in about an hour.

Top Bottom