• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Alienshogun said:
He posts news? Not a jab at him at all, I guess I just never noticed.

Ah, I see now, he posts news about news. I was confused for a second.

Happy for ya Hitmon!

That's a non paying gig right? Wu's a cheap bastard!
I've tried contacting Bungie, but nobody will take my calls. :'^(

I could always make up rumors about a Halo: CE remake. I hear that's popular.

Thanks, guys!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Anyone have a picture of the Halo: Reach box art to correct scale so I can print it out and put it on the front sleeve of the Preview Disc?

Domino Theory said:
Anyone have a picture of the Halo: Reach box art to correct scale so I can print it out and put it on the front sleeve of the Preview Disc?
Couldn't you just cut/take out the picture from your old game case?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hitmonchan107 said:
I've tried contacting Bungie, but nobody will take my calls. :'^(

Thanks, guys!

That's weird, Urk takes mine all the time, but they always devolve into Halo roleplaying phone sex that ends in awkward silences.

He makes me call "it" the "legendary edition."

Dax01 said:

Not if he's going to sell it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MrBig said:
You're really looking to make money off of a testing program, and one for which you had to agree to an NDA?

Dude, he's selling his old copy that he originally bought. There's no point in holding on to it now.

The cover is so that the test disk case doesn't look hideous.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
MrBig said:
You're really looking to make money off of a testing program, and one for which you had to agree to an NDA?

I'm not selling the preview disc, I'm selling my original copy of Reach and using the preview disc as my permanent copy, but I wanted to have the Reach box art on the front to satisfy the OCD in me. :)

GhaleonEB

I just played two games of Firefight Arcade, and was fortunate enough to get Fiestafight both times (my favorite).

The first game I spawned with the FRG and DMR, which feels a bit like cheating. Zero deaths, first place.

The second game I made up for it, though. I got the Spiker for the primary weapon.....and there was no secondary. :lol

This will make Dax proud.

My controller spent so much time with rumble on my hand feels like it's still vibrating. The best part was me with a Spiker versus a dual-wielding Plasma Rifle Elite with Mythic turned on. The two of us just ran at each other unloading...and then had to reload and keep doing it.
Louis Wu said:
I never joke.

Ever.
This is true. He's Vulcan.

GhaleonEB said:
I just played two games of Firefight Arcade, and was fortunate enough to get Fiestafight both times (my favorite).

The first game I spawned with the FRG and DMR, which feels a bit like cheating. Zero deaths, first place.

The second game I made up for it, though. I got the Spiker for the primary weapon.....and there was no secondary. :lol

I played a game of fiestafight the other day, my first time since weapon pickups had been disabled and it was loads of fun. I spawned with a plasma repeater and a DMR, which worked pretty well by then I got stuck from across the map and I spawned with rockets and sniper, which I did some serious work with for the rest of the match.

Louis Wu said:
wtf

Seriously? 92 kills with a Spiker? Including 16 Elites?

(Well, I guess SOME of those could be grenade kills. Still. You're a machine.)

The spiker is a great weapon in Reach. I am very upset it is not in Matchmaking.

vhfive

A27_StarWolf said:
The disk is not for resale, correct me if I am wrong...

but are you trying to get a quick buck?

BTW I got my disk.

a double post AND you didn't even read everything on this page.

smh junior

Domino Theory said:
I'm not selling the preview disc, I'm selling my original copy of Reach and using the preview disc as my permanent copy, but I wanted to have the Reach box art on the front to satisfy the OCD in me. :)

Hey You

Q:Jeremiah are we getting the fire for overshields effect for other gametypres so we can use them on custom maps?

A: The only game engine which currently supports Super Shields is Slayer.

Today I was working on adding support for Super Shields in CTF, Assault, Oddball and King. It's looking good so far, so the option will probably be available in those game engines after the next matchmaking update.
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=58999352#59008512

Stackboy said:
What missions are the easies to get the weekly challenge in, this week?
I did it on New Alexandria with almost every skull on but apparently it's faster on Long Night of Solace, Rally point Alpha. AKA the Space part.

Lazslo

ncsuDuncan said:
Heh, looks like Hitmonchan's HaloGAF posts have earned him a gig as the newest HBO news hound.

Nice going!P
Congrats man, your a fast riser in the Halo community. Hopefully your additions will add to the already outstanding work done over there at HBizzO.
-I just jumped on Reach if anyone wants to join me for some Defiant DLC/Team Classic. Hey Tash, once your done being a MLG Jedi- if you decide to mess around in the other playlist send me a invite. Cheers

feel

ncsuDuncan said:
Heh, looks like Hitmonchan's HaloGAF posts have earned him a gig as the newest HBO news hound.

Nice going!

The only Halo news I ever link here is already on HBO. :p
Saw that coming.

Congrats man! :)

played with minetonka earlier, he wasn't abusing every cheap trick on the book on the vanilla slayer game on sword base (but his teammates were), that surprised me for some reason.

Ramirez

Dax01 said:

*picard face palm*

What's with these holier than thou people on GAF giving people grief for not wanting two copies of the same game? Tons of that garbage over in the gaming thread, ugh.

Tunavi said:
Okay, I'd love to make one.

Make sure to include a drunken vhfive's gameplay from one of our saturday night games in the Big Team playlist where he struggled to get 5 precisions kills in a 15 minute game on Tempest.

:p

Steelyuhas said:
Make sure to include a drunken vhfive's gameplay from saturday night game where he struggled to get 5 precisions kills in a 15 minute game on Tempest.

Don't tell him how to live his life!!!

Edit: Got rid of the animated avatar for now. I'll have to combine my love of metal with Halo again somehow in the meantime :p

Tunavi

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
Make sure to include a drunken vhfive's gameplay from one of our saturday night games in the Big Team playlist where he struggled to get 5 precisions kills in a 15 minute game on Tempest.

haha that would be EPIC

I don't have a capture card so everyone would have to send me their own files or I could use rendered clips (720 only). Everyone can recommend me 5-10 of their own clips (skillful, crazy, funny, customs, just montage worthy) and I'll use the ones that work well.
And just a heads up, it wouldn't be amazing professional editing or anything, but I would make it as clean as possible

EDIT:
I'm just wondering if people would be interested in this. I'll officially ask for clips later, I've got a busy week of school ahead of me. Do you guys wanna be a part of a GAF montage?

Stackboy said:
Cheers, will investigate.
Further clarification: New Alexandria, Legendary, almost every skull on. I didn't use Cloud so I could find Banshees faster, Black Eye for obvious reasons and Blind again for obvious reasons. I didn't think of it but LNoS is probably the better choice since neither Cloud or Blackeye really affect the space section, and Banshees are plentiful and easy to kill.

Thermite

Ramirez said:
*picard face palm*

What's with these holier than thou people on GAF giving people grief for not wanting two copies of the same game? Tons of that garbage over in the gaming thread, ugh.

Haters gun hate. I'm definitely trading in my old copy of Reach for some credit at either Amazon or Gamestop. Any extra bit will help me with all the games that's coming out this year..

vhfive

Steelyuhas said:

lol
it was really hard and I was really proud that I got it

J-Roderton

Caved and got the defiant pack. After a while the maps grew on me. Really like the look of them and seem to play pretty well, especially with objective games. The FF map also has to be my favorite out of the list of FF maps. Also got all of the achievements but one within the first 3 matches. Not bad at all.

Top Bottom