• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ramirez said:
*picard face palm*

What's with these holier than thou people on GAF giving people grief for not wanting two copies of the same game? Tons of that garbage over in the gaming thread, ugh.

I gots like, eight copies. And two Games on Demand copies.

I realized last night that Team Snipers is the thing in life that I am worst at, but like the most, compared to the delta between those facts.

I had to apologize to my team. They were surprisingly nice.

Tunavi

Banned
So the first player is about to hit max rank

uiNjC.png

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Why is opening the NAT on routers such a fuckin mystery? They magically go from OPEN to MODERATE for seemingly no reason. AHSDLFKAJWEOIAJS;DLKGNJA;LDFKGJ;

Trasher said:
Yet this disc enables you to not need the Reach disc? I am confused. =/

The disc is a copy of Reach. They are testing this new update that will allow them to game devs to use more space on the DVD disc.

Tunavi said:

uiNjC.png

I heard that account is a collaboration of players so that collectively, they can play the game like literally 18 hours a day.

As for the montage, I don't do to many spectacular things in the game, but if you ask for them I have a couple things I could send you, which you could use or not.

OuterWorldVoice said:

I realized last night that Team Snipers is the thing in life that I am worst at, but like the most, compared to the delta between those facts.

Yeah, I'd be nice to you to if you came into a lobby and said I hold the fate of any future Halo's in my hands. :p

Nah, I'd be nice either way, although you won't find me in the Snipers playlist.

Trasher

Steelyuhas said:
It's a copy of Reach. They are testing this new update that will allow them to game devs to use more space on the DVD disc.

I heard that account is a collaboration of players so that collectively, they can play the game like literally 18 hours a day.

As for the montage, I don't do to many spectacular things in the game, but if you ask for them I have a couple things I could send you, which you could use or not.
Hmmm. Weird. Thanks for teh infoz.

Crucio

So the time has come huh, one more day for the first Inheritor, neat!

I wonder about those dashboard beta discs, can they be used in all versions of the dashboard or only in the beta or higher? If so isn't it against interests to get rid of old copies of your game?

Crucio said:
So the time has come huh, one more day for the first Inheritor, neat!

I wonder about those dashboard beta discs, can they be used in all versions of the dashboard or only in the beta or higher? If so isn't it against interests to get rid of old copies of your game?

When I was given one (a while back, not this public wave), it said that if I put this new disc in anything but the xbox that was registered to this preview program before the build was a final public release, that xbox would no longer be able to connect to xbox live until the updated firmware build is released to the public.

I still have both discs, and I don't plan on getting read of either of them honestly.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Going to play the piss out of Reach tonight to take my mind off the fact that PXG got the Gears 3 Beta early which has made me all hot and bothered. :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Domino Theory said:
Going to play the piss out of Reach tonight to take my mind off the fact that PXG got the Gears 3 Beta early which has made me all hot and bothered. :p
Is that Beta going to be open to everyone at some point? I'd like to give it a shot.

Domino Theory said:

Yeah, I got a cousin that was playing it tonight.

Tashi0106 said:
Is that Beta going to be open to everyone at some point? I'd like to give it a shot.

If you pre-order at Gamestop, they give you a code for the beta (access starting on April 25th).

OuterWorldVoice said:

2nrpzth.jpg

feel

That's not creepy at all

OuterWorldVoice said:

I have like 4 copies of the game but still would like to buy the digital version of it so I don't have to keep switching discs if I want to play a couple of online matches! Ask a grown up over there at MS to make Games on Demand region free for like 15 minutes in the middle of the night so I can purchase it! My allards are at the ready!

Tunavi said:

uiNjC.png
I crossed paths with this guy the other day, though I'm only realizing now that Reclaimer is the final stretch before max, wow

wwm0nkey said:
Ok how about want then? Because I would at least like the option.

If Halo stays the way it is right now, I really don't see how it needs it at all. Reach's multiplayer netcode is as good as it gets, and as for firefight/campaign netcode, the way it is coded requires very low ping levels from players, and that wouldn't change with dedicated servers.

wwm0nkey

Steelyuhas said:
If Halo stays the way it is right now, I really don't see how it needs it at all. Reach's multiplayer netcode is as good as it gets, and as for firefight/campaign netcode, the way it is coded requires very low ping levels from players, and that wouldn't change with dedicated servers.
Here is the problem though P2P causes a lot of inconsistency in games, thigns like Host advantage, lag, hit detection and ect.

I would like the option to have a P2P playlist and a dedicated server playlist. Also do what Section 8 did and let people use their own PC's to host dedicated servers for the 360.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
wwm0nkey said:
Here is the problem though P2P causes a lot of inconsistency in games, thigns like Host advantage, lag, hit detection and ect.

I would like the option to have a P2P playlist and a dedicated server playlist. Also do what Section 8 did and let people use their own PC's to host dedicated servers for the 360.

Don't be so quick to point the finger. Bad or inconsistent player connections have a lot to answer for and dedicated servers wouldn't magically make those issues disappear.

wwm0nkey

Dani said:
Don't be so quick to point the finger. Bad or inconsistent player connections have a lot to answer for and dedicated servers wouldn't magically make those issues disappear.
I would still like the next Halo game to have the OPTION to play on dedicated servers, basically have both P2P and dedicated. Dedicated would take longer to find matches in though, but I would still like the choice.

Dani said:
No, but they would improve them across the board, make things better for 'provincial' (i.e. non-American) connections, and do away with almost all black screens and other host changes at a stroke.

wwm0nkey

Shake Appeal said:
No, but they would improve them across the board, make things better for 'provincial' (i.e. non-American) connections, and do away with almost all black screens and other host changes at a stroke.
A Halo game with no host changes *cries*

Shake Appeal said:
all those things are synonymous with Halo though, as much a part of the halo experience as melee lunge and nade spam

Tunavi

Banned
So I just went to callofduty.com looking up my friend's stats, and the entire website is a gigantic ad for the call of duty series. Makes me really appreciate Bungie.net

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Why didn't I hear about classic sooner?

I don't know if its all the blops or what, but I like reach again.

I think it's the maps, they're amazingly close recreations. Midship is about as good as it can be for not having many curved surfaces to work with.

Am I missing out on much by not having the new maps in that list?

Thermite

Steelyuhas said:
Curious, why are you excited for that playlist?

I usually roll with a party of 5 people, and right now, since we want to avoid randoms as much as possible, there's only 3 choices for us: Invasion (which, to me, is about as fun as watching paint dry), Noble and Defiant. Highlands is far too big for 6v6, so we generally don't vote for that map - same goes for Breakpoint. That leaves us three maps. And you can really only play on the same few maps so many times...

Trasher

Thermite said:
I usually roll with a party of 5 people, and right now, since we want to avoid randoms as much as possible, there's only 3 choices for us: Invasion (which, to me, is about as fun as watching paint dry), Noble and Defiant. Highlands is far too big for 6v6, so we generally don't vote for that map - same goes for Breakpoint. And you can only play on the same three maps so many times...
You roll?! You friggin idiot.

Kujo

Noo, they be taking my avatar

Anyhow, map pack sale:

Halo Reach: Noble Pack - 400msp
Halo 3: Mythic II Pack - 400msp
Halo 3 Mythic Pack - 200msp

I need Mythic II, but 200msp would be better.

Top Bottom