• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

GhaleonEB

Hey You said:
Good hopefully the complaining about Weapon Pick up being disabled will stop all together.
Cue people complaining that they don't get to play any other game type.

My proposed solution is to take out Rocket and FRGfight, add in other specialized weapon-based games (Laserfight? Needlefight?) and move those and the new default game type to a stand-alone playlist.

damn u dudes play a lot of matchmaking.

1.png

edit: Laserfight needs to happen. No other way to get that sunburst medal.

Lazslo

O D I N

GhaleonEB said:
Cue people complaining that they don't get to play any other game type.

My proposed solution is to take out Rocket and FRGfight, add in other specialized weapon-based games (Laserfight? Needlefight?) and move those and the new default game type to a stand-alone playlist.

I really like the idea of Laserfight.

squidhands said:
damn u dudes play a lot of matchmaking.

1.png

edit: Laserfight needs to happen. No other way to get that sunburst medal.

I got it in Fiestafight once. I made sure to camp like hell though.

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/careerstats/medals.aspx?player=Big Boss 0DIN&vc=5

GhaleonEB said:
I wouldn't mind seeing a Gunslinger mode: Plasma and UNSC Pistols, with the Tilt skull always on. Or even plasma pistol and spiker to mix things up.

O D I N

SailorDaravon said:
Circle beat me to the punch on the renders, I'll wait until he gets through his minutes as first :p

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileShare.aspx?player=Big Boss 0DIN

Mine weren't touched. :<

So I was going through my medals...

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/careerstats/medals.aspx?player=Big Boss 0DIN&vc=1

And apparently in "Invasion", I bested someone from Bungie. O__o

I don't know when or how this could have happened. I'd like to think I would have seen someone in the lobby with a bungie nameplate or blue flames/skull helmet.

FourDoor said:
I think a new urbandictionary entry needs to be made here. My friends made an entry for one of our buddies back in the Halo 3 days and coined it a N1NJ6 Perfect when he went 0-12. I'll leave it up to you guys to coin this one. LOL

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=N1NJ6 Perfect

Trasher Spree?

@Circle: Thank you sir.

Circle T

SailorDaravon said:
Circle beat me to the punch on the renders, I'll wait until he gets through his minutes as first :p
Sorry. I saw that it had been almost an hour and they were still not rendered, so I jumped in to burn some minutes.

I'll probably just end up keeping most of the rest. Who knows, maybe I'll start playing Reach again and have more stuff of my own to render.....

O D I N said:
...after these are done :p

def sim

Willeth said:
Holy crap, dude. Where have you been? Come back and play with the TBK crew again!

I don't ever see any of you guys online! I remember TBK playing super late and I can't make that kind of schedule anymore. :(

Circle T

A27_StarWolf said:
Do you guys just get render min. for free?
I bought a crapload during the beta, thinking I would be rendering my own stuff all the time. But Reach just never really sat well with me, and I stopped playing. Ever since I've been stopping by the HaloGAF threads periodically to offer up renders in order to get rid of my minutes, since I'm obviously not using them. I had over 250, and I'm now down to 13. Job done :)

A27_StarWolf said:
I guess I am just in the mindset of "broke college student buy your own damn minutes" :p
I'm a bungie pro member and I don't know what I should do with the 5R-minutes every month. (Because I never do sth. awesome)

I wish someone would acknowledge my idea of team Splocus Rifles

Focus rifles primary, Laser Secondary

Does anyone else think this would fucking rock?

Tunavi said:

Hold on think about it. Put it in action sack or big team battle. Remember Halo 3 big team lasers? That would pop up every now and then, but instead of a one hit sniper rifle now we can use the focus rifle. I think it would be a great game and I hope to try it out during a custom game for GAF soon

Louis Wu

A27_StarWolf said:
Hold on think about it. Put it in action sack or big team battle. Remember Halo 3 big team lasers? That would pop up every now and then, but instead of a one hit sniper rifle now we can use the focus rifle. I think it would be a great game and I hope to try it out during a custom game for GAF soon

No. No, it wouldn't. WOW does that sound awful.

Circle T said:
I bought a crapload during the beta, thinking I would be rendering my own stuff all the time. But Reach just never really sat well with me, and I stopped playing. Ever since I've been stopping by the HaloGAF threads periodically to offer up renders in order to get rid of my minutes, since I'm obviously not using them. I had over 250, and I'm now down to 13. Job done :)

Gotta say I appreciate the render!

If you played much Halo 3 you could use the render to video with clips from that game though, it sucks that you purchased so many render points but didnt use em on yourself :S

I hear rumour that some of the Community made maps have made it into standard MM for the May Update - can anyone shed any light on whos?

I'm betting Crown of Flies made it in...

*looks at Ghal, Nokyard and Dani*

Speaking of sucky ideas, did anyone ever get a chance to try my Firefight Predator II mode? Any feedback is appreciated (PMs too), but considering the 220+ downloads and only 10 likes I assume the worst ;P

All I know is that I had a blast playing it with my regular co-op buddies after a few matches to get into the swing of things.

Willeth

rance said:
I don't ever see any of you guys online! I remember TBK playing super late and I can't make that kind of schedule anymore. :(
Jump in with Team UK, who play early by default because timezones

I'll fire you an FR and we'll see what's what, what what

GhaleonEB

Sikamikanico said:
I hear rumour that some of the Community made maps have made it into standard MM for the May Update - can anyone shed any light on whos?

I'm betting Crown of Flies made it in...

*looks at Ghal, Nokyard and Dani*
Preliminary details on May Community map integration and gametypes have been discussed, but as they're not yet final or published by Jeremiah I don't feel at liberty to post them.

MrBig

Sorry I can't find my mic, wolf.
I tried to make the core spawn area be like it is a data center from the satellite. The hill marker is the core spawn.

Top Bottom