• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

MrDaravon

Circle T said:
Sorry. I saw that it had been almost an hour and they were still not rendered, so I jumped in to burn some minutes.

I'll probably just end up keeping most of the rest. Who knows, maybe I'll start playing Reach again and have more stuff of my own to render.....

...after these are done :p

Alright then, I've still got 38 render minutes to burn, post links to files if you want me to render them.

Havok said:
It would be fantastic if they were working at a super accelerated rate of releasing DLC, to make up for the holes in the map count for Reach (and as an apology for the ridiculous DLC schedule that Halo 3 had.).

The third pack came out a full year after the second for H3, so I certainly hope we have a more accelerated release schedule than that haha.

Havok

Steelyuhas said:
The third pack came out a full year after the second for H3, so I certainly hope we have a more accelerated release schedule than that haha.
That's kind of my point. We're already getting DLC faster than Halo 3 (March vs. April for Defiant vs. Legendary), and hopefully none of the bullshit surrounding Halo Wars and ODST will infect Reach's release schedule. I'd love to see 3 or 4 map packs a year (especially if they're more than 3 maps. Don't be afraid to charge 15 for 6 or 7 maps, 343.).

Basically, I want them to shut up and take my money as long as it means that support is top-notch.

Kibbles

Crucio said:
Twitter:
"@thevowel
She knows of what she speaks. RT @alisonst: BREAKING NEWS: tomorrow will be awesome. That is all."

I think its going to rain! Bring it!
I saw that and was intrigued, came here to post. What could this be? They also had donuts today, and today is not a Friday so perhaps they were celebrating something that was finished and ready for tomorrow? Perhaps I'm looking way too far into this.

vhfive

Kibbles said:
I saw that and was intrigued, came here to post. What could this be? They also had donuts today, and today is not a Friday so perhaps they were celebrating something that was finished and ready for tomorrow? Perhaps I'm looking way too far into this.
I'm also curious about tomorrow and all that pic of donuts did was make me stop at dunkin donuts before work.

Havok

vhfive said:
I'm also curious about tomorrow and all that pic of donuts did was make me stop at dunkin donuts before work.
zzdonut.jpg

m7z23m.jpg

:O :O :O

Kibbles

*thinking of KrispyKreme*
Havok said:

:O :O :O
My god, it all makes sense now.

Oo Noble Map Pack is 400 pts now eh? I might as well jump in on that. Any easy way to get 300 points, I have 100, or am I just going to have to get the 400pts for $5 on Live?

Havok said:
That's kind of my point. We're already getting DLC faster than Halo 3 (March vs. April for Defiant vs. Legendary), and hopefully none of the bullshit surrounding Halo Wars and ODST will infect Reach's release schedule. I'd love to see 3 or 4 map packs a year (especially if they're more than 3 maps. Don't be afraid to charge 15 for 6 or 7 maps, 343.).

Basically, I want them to shut up and take my money as long as it means that support is top-notch.

I would not be unpleased with COD format of 5 maps for 15 bucks (1200 space/bacon booze bucks).

Havok

Steelyuhas said:
I would not be unpleased with COD format of 5 maps for 15 bucks (1200 space/bacon booze bucks).
Yeah. I think the reason people got up in arms over that is that two of the maps in that first pack were straight up lifted from COD4 with very minimal changes. I'd certainly be satisfied with that price if the maps were original, or at least had the same amount of work poured into them that remakes have had in the past.

(although that 33 cents (or 26.67 Allards) per map that Microsoft wouldn't be getting at that count/price might be enough to dissuade them)

Blueblur1 said:
Yeah but preferably with Conan though. :lol

Don't know how you can do that scene justice without all three shots of the women, conan, and then the women pregnant...

Havok said:
Yeah. I think the reason people got up in arms over that is that two of the maps in that first pack were straight up lifted from COD4 with very minimal changes. I'd certainly be satisfied with that price if the maps were original, or at least had the same amount of work poured into them that remakes have had in the past.

(although that 33 cents (or 26.67 Allards) per map that Microsoft wouldn't be getting at that count/price might be enough to dissuade them)

Yeah people got up in arms because it was only three "new" maps. I didn't really mind it myself. Maps to play on are still maps to play on.

It could be a good opportunity to release 4 competitive multiplayer maps and 1 firefight maps in a pack as well. If you still get 4 multiplayer maps, players that don't play firefight probably wouldn't feel as much of getting the short end of the stick as when they only get 2 multiplayer maps in a pack.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Crucio said:
Twitter:
"@thevowel
She knows of what she speaks. RT @alisonst: BREAKING NEWS: tomorrow will be awesome. That is all."

Yeah I saw alison's tweet and got excited. Couple this with Ellis' NDA tweet and we have a potentially exciting day tomorrow. :D Can't wait!

Ellis vs Trump 2012 is my guess

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Domino Theory said:
Yeah I saw alison's tweet and got excited. Couple this with Ellis' NDA tweet and we have a potentially exciting day tomorrow. :D Can't wait!

Ellis vs Trump 2012 is my guess

NDA tweet? I'm thoroughly confused here.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Kibbles said:
ooo NDA bet with Ryan Payton? Am I ready for this?

LOL, just went back and saw the one in question. That should actually read NPD bet. It's a sloppy typo on my part. Nothing to see here.

Kibbles

lybertyboy said:
LOL, just went back and saw the one in question. That should actually read NPD bet. It's a sloppy typo on my part. Nothing to see here.
Aww boo =( Party's over. *shuts out light*

"Tomorrow will be awesome" still has me intrigued though. Retweeted by 343 and MS people. Could be no biggie though. Hell, today was pretty awesome for me.

Schmitty

If anyone is waiting to buy Defiant like I was, there is now a deal on the Xbox Rewards site that gives you 400 points for buying it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Domino Theory said:
So why is Hemorrhage in Team Objective, a 4v4 playlist? How did that pass through the cognition of a grown man?
I still don't know to this day why it is there and I've complained about it a number of times before.

Plywood said:
I still don't know to this day why it is there and I've complained about it a number of times before.

The worst part is that it gets voted for every time it comes up, which is well beyond my comprehension.

ElRenoRaven

OuterWorldVoice said:
The book is almost entirely Bungie art, with some great insight into the creation process with Bungie artists.

Coffee table get!

Sweet. I love the artwork.

On the topic of the tweet though, guys don't get yourselves worked up. This happens everytime. Someone posts a tweet or something else and everyone starts working themselves up only for it to be either a shitty announcement or nothing at all. Remember tomorrow could be an awesome day for any reason. And just because it's going to be an awesome day for them doesn't mean we'll even find out why it was.

Karl2177

PsychoRaven said:
On the topic of the tweet though, guys don't get yourselves worked up. This happens everytime. Someone posts a tweet or something else and everyone starts working themselves up only for it to be either a shitty announcement or nothing at all.
Yeah, I heard something about a H2XBLA release this summer...

Crucio said:
Twitter:
"@thevowel

Should I get hyped? I'll be suprised if 343i is announcing a new dlc.

Hypertrooper said:
Btw. Where is wwm0nkey? I haven't seen him posting for a while.

Yeah, it's been almost 23 hours since he last posted.

I'll send out the first search party.

*walks into the woods and calls out "HALO 2 XBLA!", waits for response*

:p

Tawpgun

Anyway, these guys have made incredible progress.

If you guys are into machinima I'd suggest checking out
http://www.thedigitalset.com/

and their own website
http://firelight.invisionzone.com/

Now I feel inspired to start working on machinima again. If any Gaffers would like to lend voice over talent, scripts, or body actors that would be amazing for the future. My first project to get back into the swing of things is to revive the CTF series me and a friend did back in Halo Custom Edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTBjW4vraNg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhIdMZhnQM4

It's something we did for fun and I'd love to do a Reach one. After that I'd be open for more narrative stuff.

Top Bottom