• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

NullPointer said:
Will buy based upon the quality of the introduction. It better be orgasmic. The rest of the book is probably just fluff.
I pre-ordered it. But I'm a bit suspicious of the page number. Only 192pages? The Art Of Halo 3 had ~160pages and this book is going to deal with all the Halo games.(I guess).

Kuroyume

Banned
I haven't taken a look at the Community maps since the playlist first went up but based on that and what I've read lately from posts around here I sure as hell don't want to see those things anywhere else.

A27_StarWolf said:
I wish someone would acknowledge my idea of team Splocus Rifles

Focus rifles primary, Laser Secondary

Does anyone else think this would fucking rock?
Guys, this is genius. A completely NEW playlist:

Team Inaction Suck

Gametypes:
- Team Splocus Rifles (As described above)
- Phantom Slayer on Forge World (Plasma Pistol starts, Active Camo on)
- Team Idlemaster (Movement speed 0%, Damage 0%, Max time limit)
- Team Grenadespam (Damage 200%, Unlimited grenades, Grav Hammers only on Uncaged)
- Rocket Race (Warthog only, Maps: Pinnacle, Uncaged, Asylum, Anchor 9)

Offer DOUBLE CREDITS* and rejoice as the idlers flock to this new land, leaving the good playlists clean!

*Actual credit rewards may not actually count double in your Armory or Service Record

GhaleonEB

Team Frustration: Spartan Lasers, with unlimited Evade.
NullPointer said:
- Team Cardio (every part of the map is a soft-kill zone, with temporary safe zones that spawn from time to time. Stay moving to stay alive.)

On second thought, that could be kind of fun ;P
Heh. King of the Hill with a soft kill zone encompassing each hill.

ncsuDuncan said:
Gametypes:
- Team Splocus Rifles (As described above)
- Phantom Slayer on Forge World (Plasma Pistol starts, Active Camo on)
- Team Idlemaster (Movement speed 0%, Damage 0%, Max time limit)
- Team Grenadespam (Damage 200%, Unlimited grenades, Grav Hammers only on Uncaged)
- Rocket Race (Warthog only, Maps: Pinnacle, Uncaged, Asylum, Anchor 9)
- Team Cardio (every part of the map is a soft-kill zone, with temporary safe zones that spawn from time to time. Stay moving to stay alive.)

NullPointer said:

Is there a way to have unlimited health in the safe zones? If so, it should be a Safe Havens gametype with the Zombie spawning on a ledge somewhere high up trying to pick the Humans off between zones.

One more crazy idea. Juggernaut Assault (aka. Helm's Deep). One slow juggernaut player who cannot be harmed against an entire team. The juggernaut has to set the bomb within the time limit, the other team just has to keep this from happening by any means (explosions, grav hammer, rag dolls, physics madness, splatters)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
NullPointer said:
Will buy based upon the quality of the introduction. It better be orgasmic. The rest of the book is probably just fluff.

The book is almost entirely Bungie art, with some great insight into the creation process with Bungie artists.

Coffee table get!

OuterWorldVoice said:
The book is almost entirely Bungie art, with some great insight into the creation process with Bungie artists.

Coffee table get!
Oh. I'm feeling like a thief right now, because I pre-ordered this book of masterful art for only 25$.

Crucio

OuterWorldVoice said:

Coffee table get!
So its an official release? Unlike that "Halo Effect" book?

Its looking good.

O D I N

A27_StarWolf said:

I for one, welcome our new Focused Laser overlords.

In customs :-X

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
A27_StarWolf said:

Jeremiah posts on GAF? I had no clue.

edit: NMP's on sale for 400 points.

Thermite

Trasher said:
Guys...something is wrong with mine. WTF!!!!!

2.png

LMAO

Domino Theory said:
Jeremiah posts on GAF? I had no clue.

He's not a lurker, but he's not a member either.

Havok

Domino Theory said:
So why is Hemorrhage in Team Objective, a 4v4 playlist? How did that pass through the cognition of a grown man?
It works better for neutral or asymmetric gametypes in Objective, because more than any other map in the playlist, it's success depends on active participation in offense by all players. I dunno, I don't find it particularly offensive in any case, but its obviously not ideal with the lower player count than it was designed for.

(It needs the Coagulation basement. Instantly better.)

def sim

I'm surprised Halo hasn't taken the "Mercenary" playlist idea from CoD yet. It'd be great to play team games against a bunch of randoms. Getting crushed because your team isn't going to work together and the other side is a complete party is a bummer.

Willeth

rance said:
I'm surprised Halo hasn't taken the "Mercenary" playlist idea from CoD yet. It'd be great to play team games against a bunch of randoms. Getting crushed because your team isn't going to work together and the other side is a complete party is a bummer.
What I really want is something like Killzone's Warzone mode. Seven rounds - first you play some Slayer, then some One Flag, then some Territories, then some VIP, then you switch teams on all of those. Takes a while but it works great.

Willeth said:
What I really want is something like Killzone's Warzone mode. Seven rounds - first you play some Slayer, then some One Flag, then some Territories, then some VIP, then you switch teams on all of those. Takes a while but it works great.
Works with drop-in and drop-out MP, not with set teams at start.

Nutter

A27_StarWolf said:
Pull the stick out of your ass Cameron and have some fun :)
That is fun to you?

But then again to each their own. If you really want to play lasers or w/e else then do it in customs, that is the reason they exist. Matchmaking should be all about base gametypes.

rance said:
that only works for popular games with a large playerbase

Has there been any comment on the 4gb slim co-op issue? A friend from back in my hometown finally got an xbox. Doing some google searches isn't pulling anything recent so I'm not expecting any improvement. I'm just wondering if they are still working on it or have announced that they are giving up...

Crucio

Twitter:
"@thevowel
She knows of what she speaks. RT @alisonst: BREAKING NEWS: tomorrow will be awesome. That is all."

I think its going to rain! Bring it!

GhaleonEB

Blergmeister said:
Has there been any comment on the 4gb slim co-op issue? A friend from back in my hometown finally got an xbox. Doing some google searches isn't pulling anything recent so I'm not expecting any improvement. I'm just wondering if they are still working on it or have announced that they are giving up...
This is in Microsoft's hands. Reach requires a HDD for those modes, and the 4GB system reads the onboard memory as a flash drive. Microsoft said they were going to look into it back when it was first discovered, and have said nothing since. I'm guessing nothing will be done, or it would have been.
Crucio said:
Twitter:
"@thevowel
She knows of what she speaks. RT @alisonst: BREAKING NEWS: tomorrow will be awesome. That is all."

!!!!

Not sure if that's Halo related, but hey. Excitement get.

Crucio said:
Twitter:
"@thevowel

How do you know this is related to Halo info? I hope it is but it would be out of nowhere :p

By the way I enjoyed Lasers on Halo 3 Legendary/ Mythic Brawl - I guess im the only vote of confidence for Starwolf (unless I misread his idea, I havent been keeping up with the thread well!)

Tunavi

Banned
Had a great game of BTB earlier. Got my cross-mappin achievement on a Wraith, and on my last kill I got a running riot while knocking out the Neuroscience challenge.

By the way, I REALLY wish Reach had a final killcam feature.

Willeth

bobs99 ... said:
How do you know this is related to Halo info? I hope it is but it would be out of nowhere :p
Alison works for 343.

It could well be something really benign, though. Reach on Games on Demand would be great for 343/MS, especially if it started a trend of games moving to digital distro earlier, but it's not that amazing in a wider context.

It could also just be her birthday party.

def sim

Lake Minnetonka said:
that only works for popular games with a large playerbase

Yep. Halo is pretty big on XBL.

Anyway, Killzone's "Onslaught" mode is great, yeah. Shame it wouldn't work with the current system, as explained by Zeouterlimits. Bungie was close with Invasion mode though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Lazslo said:
Wow, This is possibly the biggest Fail I have ever produced in a Halo Game. Haven't done anything that stupid in a long time.

LOLOL I laughed pretty fuckin hard! Oh man that's good.

On a serious note though, that type of shit happens to me all the time. It's either with rockets, sniper or DMR, the flag just gets in the way man.

Crucio

Sai-kun said:
That's the worst. Oh my god, so amazing. :lol i'm dying, hahaha.
Tha'ts some pure bad luck right there. No one would've anticipated that in the heat of battle.
I didn't know stuff like that could happen! Funny stuff!

Havok

Willeth said:
Alison works for 343.

It could well be something really benign, though. Reach on Games on Demand would be great for 343/MS, especially if it started a trend of games moving to digital distro earlier, but it's not that amazing in a wider context.

It could also just be her birthday party.
It would be fantastic if they were working at a super accelerated rate of releasing DLC, to make up for the holes in the map count for Reach (and as an apology for the ridiculous DLC schedule that Halo 3 had.).

Top Bottom