• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

O D I N

A27_StarWolf said:
haha lets do it.

If I didn't go to the Rush concert tonight, I would have.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Anyway, these guys have made incredible progress.

If you guys are into machinima I'd suggest checking out
http://www.thedigitalset.com/

and their own website
http://firelight.invisionzone.com/

Now I feel inspired to start working on machinima again. If any Gaffers would like to lend voice over talent, scripts, or body actors that would be amazing for the future. My first project to get back into the swing of things is to revive the CTF series me and a friend did back in Halo Custom Edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTBjW4vraNg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhIdMZhnQM4

It's something we did for fun and I'd love to do a Reach one. After that I'd be open for more narrative stuff.

I'd be interested to help. I personally can't stand the sound of my own voice, but if you wanna give me lines to test out, and let me know what you think, I'm up for it.

GhaleonEB

A27 Tawpgun said:
But I don't do the HBO news...
Heh. Got you confused with the fellow who was spamming the thread with random Halo news. Apologies.

(Edit: don't mean spamming in a bad way. Just posting lots.)

#####

Two videos from tonight's gaming, both from Unearthed. (This is my lazy equivalent of Tashi's montages.)

I shoot a Wraith really, really hard.

A lengthy Last Man Standing segment partly against the four pack of Elite Ultras. This isn't my best playing, but it's some of my smartest in terms of knowing the odds and taking strategic stands. (That means I run like hell a lot.)

It starts at the top of a wave right when the drop pod lands. I'd hoped to toast them with the rocket launcher, but they're made of sterner stuff that that. It's one of three Hero medals I got from the game, the other two during some nasty Elite boss waves; the last one was during the final boss wave and I had to take nearly everyone out solo to get us to the bonus round. At the start of the second wave of Set 2 here we were at zero lives left, and I carried us all the way through to the end. Was a fitting game to hit Legend on.

O D I N

GhaleonEB said:
Heh. Got you confused with the fellow who was spamming the thread with random Halo news. Apologies.

#####

Two videos from tonight's gaming, both from Unearthed. (This is my lazy equivalent of Tashi's montages.)

A lengthy Last Man Standing segment partly against the four pack of Elite Ultras. This isn't my best playing, but it's some of my smartest in terms of knowing the odds and taking strategic stands. (That means I run like hell a lot.)

It starts at the top of a wave right when the drop pod lands. I'd hoped to toast them with the rocket launcher, but they're made of sterner stuff that that. It's one of three Hero medals I got from the game, the other two during some nasty Elite boss waves; the last one was during the final boss wave and I had to take nearly everyone out solo to get us to the bonus round. Was a fitting game to hit Legend on.

And he's OUTTA HERE!

I also approve of Auntie Dot. My favorite FF voice for sure.

O D I N said:
If I didn't go to the Rush concert tonight, I would have.

You saw THE Rush? That's awesome!

GhaleonEB said:

(Edit: don't mean spamming in a bad way. Just posting lots.)

#####

It starts at the top of a wave right when the drop pod lands. I'd hoped to toast them with the rocket launcher, but they're made of sterner stuff that that. It's one of three Hero medals I got from the game, the other two during some nasty Elite boss waves; the last one was during the final boss wave and I had to take nearly everyone out solo to get us to the bonus round. At the start of the second wave here we were at zero lives left, and I carries us all the way through to the end. Was a fitting game to hit Legend on.

Wait, is that Unearthed outside of score attack? Teach me your ways. (Actually, I played a game on Condemned today in Action Sack, which I was shocked about considering I've never even played Anchor 9 in Team Slayer.)

Also, we use the same firefight voice, love that one. Anyone else have an issue with your firefight voice resetting to the default Noble 6? Happens to me about once a week.

GhaleonEB

NullPointer said:
Laggy firefight limited matches for me tonight - and still no unearthed :(
Only in the past couple weeks have I taken to setting the custom search filters to include everything (not sure if skill applies to Firefight - I doubt it - but I check it anyways). I've found it to mean I get a much better connection that I used to for most games. Not sure if it's related or not, but it's helped me get Unearthed more often as well.

Steelyuhas: I haven't had that Firefight voice issue.
Tunavi said:
Awkward...
Not really. Some of the new folks blur together a bit; I'm bad with names.
Plywood said:
Not bad, but you could have fleshed it out a bit to make it more believable.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Redmond, Washington, April 13, 2011 - 343 Industries a Microsoft Studio has announced today that Halo 2 of the award winning Halo™ franchise will be released on Xbox LIVE® Arcade this summer as Halo 2: Legacy. Step back into the boots of the Master Chief as he finishes the fight and prepare for the return of Halo 2 to Xbox Live. The highly praised sequel to Halo: Combat Evolved from acclaimed developer Bungie. "Halo 2 was a key component for Xbox Live as it previewed many of the features that would set the standard for it, the success of Halo 2 proved to be an enduring legacy." In addition to giving fans the opportunity to play the critically acclaimed game, Halo 2: Legacy will allow players to unlock new achievements by discovering both new and old secrets in the highly-acclaimed masterpiece first person action adventure shooter game.
:O

Notcool!
LLShC.gif

GhaleonEB said:
Only in the past couple weeks have I taken to setting the custom search filters to include everything (not sure if skill applies to Firefight - I doubt it - but I check it anyways). I've found it to mean I get a much better connection that I used to for most games. Not sure if it's related or not, but it's helped me get Unearthed more often as well.

Steelyuhas: I haven't had that Firefight voice issue.

Not really. Some of the new folks blur together a bit; I'm bad with names.

Not bad, but you could have fleshed it out a bit to make it more believable.

Interesting about the search filters. I always select good connection for firefight games.

Pennybags

vhfive said:
security helmet in Reach is shitty
security helmet in Halo 3 was boss
that is all

Backpack antenna... :(

Reminds me, the lack of back-armor customization was a bit surprising.

I guess the jetpack trumps all. (Not that I mind)

Tunavi said:
By the way, I REALLY wish Reach had a final killcam feature.

Eh, game-ending kills in slayer gametypes are usually pretty mundane. If only there were a way to highlight the truly magical/insane moments (besides Theater)...

wwm0nkey

The Real Napsta said:
Me too, I was disappointed when Reach didn't have it.
Agreed, Love it in Crysis 2 if the final kill is a headshot you just see the bullet go from the barrel into a guys head :lol

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/04/13/halo-waypoint-getting-an-upgrade.aspx
halo0313-610.jpg

This Friday, Halo Waypoint will be getting a number of significant upgrades, adding some performance tweaks and new features to the Halo hub. Halo: Reach players will be able to access their complete service records through Waypoint for the first time, allowing them to check out detailed stats and progress toward in-game challenges. Competitive types, or basically every Halo player out there, can look forward to a new comparison feature, which lets you hold your records up against other players' to see how you measure up. And if you've purchased the Games on Demand version of Halo: Reach, you'll be able to launch it directly from Waypoint.

In addition to that update, 343 Industries will be premiering the Mona Lisa animated comic on Waypoint on April 23. The story, set after Halo: Combat Evolved, focuses on a prison ship and a threat even worse than the Covenant.
Awesome! Now I can show my friends how better I am in Halo on a BIG SCREEN!

And Mona Lisa? I'm interested in!

Some information about Xbox Live Avatar Items that will launch tomorrow:
Meanwhile, a number of Halo Avatar items launch tomorrow, 14th April, including Spartan helmets and Red vs. Blue t-shirts.There's even a Flood infection form for your Avatar.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-13-the-mona-lisa-halo-motion-comic-dated

I already knew Mona Lisa was getting a motion comic, but it's great to see a release date.

The Waypoint stats... it's nice to see more functionality added to the Xbox app, this kind of integration makes me hopeful for some neat features in the next game.

ncsuDuncan said:
I already knew Mona Lisa was getting a motion comic, but it's great to see a release date.

The Waypoint stats... it's nice to see more functionality added to the Xbox app, this kind of integration makes me hopeful for some neat features in the next game.
Yeah I knew it, too. It was annoucned at the San-Diego Comic Com last year. Back there it was planned to release it last winter. But 343i delayed it. Today we got a release date and i'm really interested in.

O D I N

Hypertrooper said:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/04/13/halo-waypoint-getting-an-upgrade.aspx

Awesome! Now I can show my friends how better I am in Halo on a BIG SCREEN!

And Mona Lisa? I'm interested in!

Some information about Xbox Live Avatar Items that will launch tomorrow:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-13-the-mona-lisa-halo-motion-comic-dated

The Mona Lisa was my favorite story from Evolutions. <3

And yes Steely, Rush WAS awesome. :D

:looks at dailies:

:-/ Hmmmmm...

Tunavi

Banned
Pennybags said:
Eh, game-ending kills in slayer gametypes are usually pretty mundane. If only there were a way to highlight the truly magical/insane moments (besides Theater)...
Maybe if the score was tied or the winning flag was captured within the last 10 seconds, they could show the POV of the final kill or flag capper and the 10 seconds leading up to it or the person who scored the flag.

Mikasangelos said:
At what point will BUNGIE discontinue web support for Reach and let 343i take it over?
You mean stats? Do you think Reach stats will stop going to Bungie.net after all that work they put into it? I'm sure Reach stats will always be supported by Bungie. It's a system that manages itself I would assume.

thezerofire said:
does anyone here play Team Classic?

I play it. Usually I'm in Team Classic or BTB, depending on my party size.

Had an amazing game on Lockout Eclipse last night. Not because of a specific moment, it was just very fast paced and close, I really did get a Halo 2 vibe from it.

I'd still like the initial grenade count reduced to 1, and the number of grenades on map cut in half, but other than that all I want is more maps. I think most of the default Reach maps would play great with Classic gameplay (but if nothing else throw in Reflection).

I'd rather get BTB Classic and Classic Objective than a 5v5 Slayer playlist, but maybe Jeremiah knows something I don't.

Miggytronz

I stick with Classic playlist mostly as well. If i have a BTB group then its Community BTB. Me and my friends actually enjoy those maps.

GhaleonEB

Mikasangelos said:
At what point will BUNGIE discontinue web support for Reach and let 343i take it over?
The transition is clearly building toward that. Sometime this year, certainly. Getting Waypoint up and running is probably a big part of it; I wonder how long Jeremiah and team are to be on the job of updating the playlists before 343i takes over.

I'm guessing Bungie had a one year sustain and support commitment before 343i takes over, but we'll see.

Edit: 40,000 in matchmaking is actually quite difficult. I'm looking back at Limited games where I went +160 and +180 on kills, seldom dying, and didn't clear it. Going to have to hope for Beachhead and rock a whole lotta Wraiths.

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
The transition is clearly building toward that. Sometime this year, certainly. Getting Waypoint up and running is probably a big part of it; I wonder how long Jeremiah and team are to be on the job of updating the playlists before 343i takes over.

If I had to guess I think we're closer then people think. My bet is that the transition is done by E3. That's what I would put my money on anyway.

Top Bottom