• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

wwm0nkey

CrazedArabMan said:
Not even close, though Halo 2 tank flipping was a blast, the Halo 1 physics that allowed your hog when you smashed into someone to blast off like a rocket into the sky was so much fun.
Nope everything in Halo 2 was better :lol

trolling right now :)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Merguson said:
Stopped reading when I saw "343 Industries a Microsoft"

BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME
Except I based my "press release" off of actual press releases, so yeah.

Also someone actually had went and posted my press release on /v/ shortly after I posted it here.

GhaleonEB said:
They have some content planned for the fall. Might be a Halo remake, might be a big map pack of remakes, who knows. But I'm guessing we'll be playing something new on the anniversary.

Tip for the 40k Firefight Challenge today: 2X Score Attack on Beachhead. Rock the DMR, get a lot of multikills, you'll get one or two Wraiths at the end, and if you're lucky a four pack of Elite Ultras, who are practically bursting with points. (I came very close on Corvette, as well - if a Wraith had shown up at the end that would have done it.) I went and looked back on my scores in Firefight and found the modes where I'd cleared 40,000, and that was the easiest one.

Fun challenge.

I've gone to PAX every year for the past six, and you can bet I'll be there this year. :D
I've never come close to that score in 2x. You're a beast.

Also got extremely pissed off last night trying to get the vehicle challenge. I assploded 6 Banshees on Holdout yesterday in one game, but none of it counted towards the challenge. I could have sworn that I've used that in the past to get the challenge, what the hell happened?

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:
Nope everything in Halo 2 was better :lol

trolling right now :)

Oh I figured you were but I will not stand for such heresy even jokingly. lol

Trasher said:
Halo 1 physics and warthogs will always be king.

Here Here.

Plywood said:

Also someone actually had went and posted my press release on /v/ shortly after I posted it here.

ROFLMAO. That doesn't surprise me one bit.

wwm0nkey

Plywood said:

I still hate you :mad:

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
wwm0nkey said:
I still hate you :mad:
PYDSO.gif

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
TheOddOne said:
It all makes sense now! Huzzah!

More fuel for the fire: David Ellis says "PAX prime should be a lot of fun this year." Che Chou replies "10 years!". #Randomtwittercomment

http://reaction.ralfvandenboom.nl/img/t1HUEmaB7y.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]
[url]http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/blog/sir-saving-this-date/45098[/url]

I might eat these words later, but I'm going to go ahead and say the celebration isn't a new Halo game announcement.

Wouldn't Microsoft want to do that at E3? PAX is awesome, but it doesn't get the same attention that E3 does.

It might be a good place for a remake announcement/hands-on demo, though.

Edit: Ellis, there's going to be a Final Cut Pro X? Awesome. I'm so glad I didn't buy the current version.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Week 4 montage might be late tonight. It should be a good one though. I'm confident in the clips and the music choice.

ElRenoRaven

You know what it's been awhile since we had a moment like this. So I'm gonna do it. After a nice long break I got back to playing the other week and finally he is complete. LOL

AJhIf.png

Hearing bad news from fellow HaloGAFer Hydranockz.

Apartment broken into, only thing taken was 360, kinect and controllers...
Didn't take wallets, laptops etc... Apparently even flicked off extension lead before plugging it out.

Terrible (and bizarre). :(

GhaleonEB

Zeouterlimits said:

Didn't take wallets, laptops etc... Apparently even flicked off extension lead before plugging it out.

Is he from the US? We should pool together and get him a replacement. I can chip in.

Edit: nuts. What's the best way to help raise funds for someone overseas?

Isn't he from New Zealand? That sucks, man. :-/

Letters said:
How much? Im not above buying worthless digital pets
I would pay good spacebux if that little fella turned my avatar into The Flood.

edit: forgive my ignorance; once outside of the US all you guys are from the same magical place as LOTR. :)

Alienshogun said:
Eh, probably someone he knew and pissed off.
I'd agree, but for the fact he only recently moved there on a 7th month work placement.
Doesn't really know anyone in the complex afaik. Still, he doesn't feel safe there tonight, so he probably agrees with you in that sense.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Zeouterlimits said:

That does suck but hey on the bright side at least that is all they took.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Zeouterlimits said:
I'd agree, but for the fact he only recently moved there on a 7th month work placement.
Doesn't really know anyone in the complex afaik. Still, he doesn't feel safe there tonight, so he probably agrees with you in that sense.

In that case someone probably saw him bring it in when he was moving, or he plays with the volume loud enough that his neighbors know he has it.

Maybe a stupid question but wouldn't there be a possibility to track the xbox once it gets connected to internet?

I do know that you can get your account back easily by calling the xbox help line(It's not a new xbox but it's something). My account got hacked last year and I directly called the help line. They blocked the credit card, linked to the account and I got my new pasword in 3 days.

MrBig

A27_StarWolf said:
I don't think bungie should give up their stats, I think it will turn out to be a very large mistake for them in the end.
I'm sure they'll keep their own stats up until their next games comes out at least.

Also get on reach broseph.

PsychoRaven said:
Sweet. I can't wait. I'm sure it's going to be every bit as great as HBO is.

You can check them from HERE too.

So you won't just have to go and load up waypoint to see them.

Those don't even begin to hold a candle to bnet's stats. Not even close to the same league.

I really don't see any reason that Bungie would just rip stats from their site. Seems like it would be more of a burden to Bungie to take it all down then just leave them up.

Detox

Tha Robbertster said:
Maybe a stupid question but wouldn't there be a possibility to track the xbox once it gets connected to internet?
Yeah this is possible. I once read some little kids Xbox was stolen thief connected to LIVE, MS tracked the serial number traced IP and cops caught the thief. Granted this was in the US, not sure if UK cops would take it this far they're usually lazy as fuck. Fight somewhere next day they'll come for CCTV lol.

ElRenoRaven

Steelyuhas said:
Those don't even begin to hold a candle to bnet's stats. Not even close to the same league.

I really don't see any reason that Bungie would just rip stats from their site. Seems like it would be more of a burden to Bungie to take it all down then just leave them up.

No it makes perfect sense. It requires people to maintain the servers for hosting of stats. Also that infrastructure can and will be used for their new game probably. Also Microsoft is taking control of all of that because Microsoft wants to bring it in house under their control.

KevinRo

Anyone? Help?

I updated live via the reach disc but on connect.micorosoft.com it says i'm in the 'live' update group, but I never received the update via live >.<

Anyone else having problems connecting to xbl?

PsychoRaven said:
No it makes perfect sense. It requires people to maintain the servers for hosting of stats. Also that infrastructure can and will be used for their new game probably. Also Microsoft is taking control of all of that because Microsoft wants to bring it in house under their control.

Bungie still has Halo 2 stats on their website, and you can't even play the game anymore. I don't they are overly considered with server usage for stats.

Top Bottom