• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

neoism

A27 Tawpgun said:
Oh ok. I thought it was just me. No one seems to have one. I hosted mine through GAF, and have show avatars selected in my profile.

Must be a glitch or something.
You should just turn avatars off... soo much better...
gifs.. :.(

def sim

Anyone here using an Astro A40? Will I be able to connect my 360 via HDMI and use the optical cable and have sound through that as well?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Cheer up.
3AQmK.gif

It's as if Evilore turned the lights off... I mean I can hear all of you.... but it is quite tricky to work out who is saying anything...

First my 360 gets robbed... NOW THIS??!!?!?!?!one!!?!?!

JB1981

Tashi0106 said:
RMq4C.png

Tashi's Weekly Montage Series - 04

Also, as stated in the description. I will be away for the weekend and instead of trying to put together a montage with just 4 days worth of clips, there will be no montage next week. In 2 weeks, Episode 5 will be released. I will NOT start gathering clips until next Wednesday.

Damn you're a beast. Awesome montage.

Domino Theory said:
There's nothing old about the 360. With NXE, Kinect, 360 S and now a new disc format, Microsoft has already been giving us a new console, just via the 360 itself. And the RROD issues have long been taken care of for a while now. I'm not saying it's completely gone, just not a wide-spread issue anymore.

<3 Xbox 360
indoctrinated

Buy a PC with any post-2007 gfx card and get yourself educated.

Tashi0106 said:
I don't think I quite follow. How would people actually make the montage? Can you explain?

My computers at school have Final Cut Pro, and I wanted to try my hand at making a montage.

If the clips are 1GB, how does Juices send them to you?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Any tips for a BR noob? I never seem to be able to win in 1 on 1 battles. I've actually started avoiding that gun. Hit detection seems funny to me...I guess I'm not used to full screen away headshots after coming from COD.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hitmonchan107 said:
My computers at school have Final Cut Pro, and I wanted to try my hand at making a montage.

If the clips are 1GB, how does Juices send them to you?

So you want to make one of my montages?

Ok, that sounds like fun. Here's how it'll work...

I play the game and get the clips (GET SHIT ON NOOB!)
Juices captures the clips (OMG HD SO HAWT)
Juices sends them to you (WETRANSFER.COM IS THE BEST!)
You make the montage (OMG THE PRESSURE!!)
You send the montage to me (GIMME DAT)
I upload it to youtube (ENJOY!)

It's kind of hectic. Like, the night before the montage was due, I got the 2nd Overkill. It had to get captured and sent to me. Also the download times at WeTransfer are pretty slow. It takes me 2 hours to download a .5 gb RAR file. Maybe your College internet is super fast though.

There will be no montage this coming week since I'll be away for the weekend and I don't want to put out another minitage. So starting next Wednesday I'm going to play and gather clips and juices will just forward them to you. The montage will need to get to me by Wednesday April 27th. Unless you want to do the montage at a later date.

Feel free to PM me anything about this.

vhfive

henhowc said:
Any tips for a BR noob? I never seem to be able to win in 1 on 1 battles. I've actually started avoiding that gun. Hit detection seems funny to me...I guess I'm not used to full screen away headshots after coming from COD.
Play some swat. It'll teach you how to get headshots with the DMR

vhfive said:
lybertyboy said:
Honestly I'm bummed we haven't put more out in the ether yet. Turns out it actually is really hard coordinating schedules across our group to actually make it happen.

Also, I'm still waiting on someone to accept my request for a fight to death so I can finally get my dedicated recording space.

tl;dr

Soon™
fixed :p

WHOA, vhfive, that's trademarked. Was that included in the Halo property or did Bungie get to keep it?

Tashi0106 said:
It's kind of hectic. Like, the night before the montage was due, I got the 2nd Overkill. It had to get captured and sent to me. Also the download times at WeTransfer are pretty slow. It takes me 2 hours to download a .5 gb RAR file. Maybe your College internet is super fast though.

Also yea .rar will compress raw HD 50% so 1gb of video (bout 4-6 clips) will be about 500MB, usually I cap when I get home from work and am just relaxing then I send it off before I goto sleep.

Takes 2 hours to download 500MB? They must cap the hell outta downloads so you can see all their ads that nobody watches. I know damn well your FiOS is faster than my Time Warner Crap.

Account Attempt #4 said:
I think I'm on to who this might B.... even without running customs or getting tipped off. Had me going for a while. Halo is awesome.
Are you someone or just have been creeping the thread for a while?

Louis Wu

ncsuDuncan said:
WHOA, vhfive, that's trademarked. Was that included in the Halo property or did Bungie get to keep it?
It's Bungie's, from the REALLY old days. (Trademarked during the infamous "Waiting on the boxes" incident during the release of Marathon (1994).)

Captain Blood said:
Are you someone or just have been creeping the thread for a while?
Wait, who are YOU?

I don't recognize ANY of these names without the avatars!
Kidding, TJ.

<-- White_wolf_emblem_on_a_gray_gear_over_a_red_background.png

ncsuDuncan said:
Wait, who are YOU?

I don't recognize ANY of these names without the avatars!
Kidding, TJ.

<-- White_wolf_emblem_on_a_gray_gear_over_a_red_background.png

Not trying to be a jerk, It is just a bold claim this junior is making. haha

Crucio

Heh.. I guess lack of avatars is good for mobile loading times!
GhaleonEB said:
Y'all complaining about randoms in Multiplayer should give Firefight Limited a go for a perspective check. Good lord.
I had a wonderful game with one Randy in Coutyard Limited. We were doing great until the Whiteys show up and he gets his 6th death, guess what, he quit. Because of a stupid challenge fail. I go on to die many times and lose against the second Whitey drop.
Piss off, Randy!!!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Trasher said:
So I guess we need to make ASCII versions of our avatars and then have mods set those as our tags? This is ridic!

Seems kinda weird hosting avatars on GAF servers when everyone knows the servers are hit hard at certain predictable times. Obviously the avatars thing isn't done out of spite so no big deal.

Evilore sounded really confident about the new servers so hopefully this E3 we'll see less downtime.

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
So you want to make one of my montages?

Ok, that sounds like fun. Here's how it'll work...

I play the game and get the clips (GET SHIT ON NOOB!)
Juices captures the clips (OMG HD SO HAWT)
Juices sends them to you (WETRANSFER.COM IS THE BEST!)
You make the montage (OMG THE PRESSURE!!)
You send the montage to me (GIMME DAT)
I upload it to youtube (ENJOY!)

There will be no montage this coming week since I'll be away for the weekend and I don't want to put out another minitage. So starting next Wednesday I'm going to play and gather clips and juices will just forward them to you. The montage will need to get to me by Wednesday April 27th. Unless you want to do the montage at a later date.

Feel free to PM me anything about this.
lol you do realize you can do it at your own pace right? I wouldn't rush them out if I was you. Wait until you know you have enough solid material for a montage rather than force something to work after a week. They will come out much better if you give yourself the time to do it rather than rush them out because you made up some pointless deadline to adhere to. You can be like Bungie and talk about all the podcasts you've done, and then you only release one!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Trasher said:
lol you do realize you can do it at your own pace right? I wouldn't rush them out if I was you. Wait until you know you have enough solid material for a montage rather than force something to work after a week. They will come out much better if you give yourself the time to do it rather than rush them out because you made up some pointless deadline to adhere to.

Dude speaks the truth.

Then again, it wouldn't be a "weekly" montage then though.

Trasher

Dani said:
Dude speaks the truth.

Then again, it wouldn't be a "weekly" montage then though.
I'm sure Letters can edit that word out of the title quite easily.

Tashi's "Whenever the Fuck He Wants to Give a Damn" Montage

It's got a nice ring to it.

Tashi

Trasher said:
lol you do realize you can do it at your own pace right? I wouldn't rush them out if I was you. Wait until you know you have enough solid material for a montage rather than force something to work after a week. They will come out much better if you give yourself the time to do it rather than rush them out because you made up some pointless deadline to adhere to. You can be like Bungie and talk about all the podcasts you've done, and then you only release one!
Only episode 4 was kind of hectic. I make them every week because I enjoy doing the video editing. It also puts pressure in me in game to pull off some plays. Because of this I actually have a lot more confidence in my DMR.

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
Only episode 4 was kind of hectic. I make them every week because I enjoy doing the video editing. It also puts pressure in me in game to pull off some plays. Because of this I actually have a lot more confidence in my DMR.
Word. And I don't mean to come off as telling you what to do lol. I just think you could put together some amazing ones if you took your time on everything is all. :)

Oh, btw, speaking of the DMR. It looks like you just spam the hell out of that thing! The bloom gods like you I suppose.

Karl2177

Arghhh, and just when I was getting used to my weird cat thing avatar, they take it away.

Great work on the montage Tashi!

I'm debating if I want to hit up the Halos for a half hour or if I want to go to sleep that bad...

Tashi

Trasher said:
Word. And I don't mean to come off as telling you what to do lol. I just think you could put together some amazing ones if you took your time on everything is all. :)

Oh, btw, speaking of the DMR. It looks like you just spam the hell out of that thing! The bloom gods like you I suppose.
Lol no offense taken.

Yea, spamming is part of the strategy. Close range, for the most part, you gotta do it. I still pace my shots more often than not though, for sure.

Top Bottom