• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tashi0106 said:
RMq4C.png

Tashi's Weekly Montage Series - 04

Great Tashi-tage this week! My favorite is the flag return on Countdown. I love long skirmishes like this in montages. It highlights your juking/footwork as well as your ability to shoot. It's more entertaining to watch than a bunch of no-scope exterminations, IMO. Great no-scopes too, though! Y U no melee the air after your Overkills like teh pros? Haha, can't wait for the next, sir!

I personally am amped that Bungie will be getting more exposure. More money doesn't necessarily mean they will lose their charm, as long as the managers constantly advocate individuality and Bungie's great business demeanor.

I'm pumped to have Bungie's influence spread evenly throughout the gaming world personally. It would be nice to hear the dichotomy die down between PS3-ers and Xbox 360-ers.

Account Attempt #4 said:
Great Tashi-tage this week! My favorite is the flag return on Countdown. I love long skirmishes like this in montages. It highlights your juking/footwork as well as your ability to shoot. It's more entertaining to watch than a bunch of no-scope exterminations, IMO. Great no-scopes too, though! Y U no melee the air after your Overkills like teh pros? Haha, can't wait for the next, sir!
Tashi-tage...I like that.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Just jumped back into Reach after I got my free disk from MS. Man I suck. Went -17 one game LOL.

The lightning armor effect was annoying the hell out of me. Makes it harder to tell when you're hitting an enemy and when his shields are down or recharging. What's a noob to do?

henhowc said:
Just jumped back into Reach after I got my free disk from MS. Man I suck. Went -17 one game LOL.

The lightning armor effect was annoying the hell out of me. Makes it harder to tell when you're hitting an enemy and when his shields are down or recharging. What's a noob to do?

Lightning is blue and purple, shields are gold? I never have had a hard time discerning.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hypertrooper said:
In the german slang "die Tage" means the menstruation of a woman. So it is kind of funny to read that.

The slang for a woman on her period is "The day?"

LOL your women must be brutal.

Dax01 said:
LOL. Even more reason to use it now.

Except you're pronouncing it Tashi-Tash

Die Tage is pronounced

Dee Ta-ga

Kuroyume

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
Is it just me or has there not been very many multiplayer challenges the past couple of weeks.

FirefightFirefightFirefightFirefightFirefightFirefightFirefightFirefight

please play Firefight

Alienshogun said:
The slang for a woman on her period is "The day?"

LOL your women must be brutal.

Except you're pronouncing it Tashi-Tash

Die Tage is pronounced

Dee Ta-ga
the days. Die Tage is plural. Yep. But we use it in a negative way. When a girl/woman is very "bitchy", we say "That girl has her days".

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dax01 said:
Um, "Tag" is German for "day."

Yeah, I know that.

Reading comprehension son, look again. Die (the) Tage (Days).

Unless you didn't realize Tage is the plural for days.

All I did was leave the s off the end by accident.

Hypertrooper said:
the days. Die Tage is plural. Yep. But we use it in a negative way. When a girl/woman is very "bitchy", we say "That girl has her days".

Yeah, that's what I meant. Even still if I didn't it's still the same gist. I'm back from the gym so my arms aren't working correctly.

That's still funny as hell.

We just say "It must be that time of the month" or some such thing.

GhaleonEB

Steelyuhas said:
Is it just me or has there not been very many multiplayer challenges the past couple of weeks.
After several months of a pretty stable ratio, Firefight came up to parity with Multiplayer. Here's my tally through today (I checked after you asked):

ChallengesMidApril.jpg

No complaints here, though I can see why MP folks might grumble. Firefight Challenges generally take a lot less time to complete than MP, though. Usually just one or two games.

Striker

re: Squad Slayer thread on Bnet

Posted by: Jeremiah
There are many differences which make Team Slayer and Squad Slayer both have significant value to the playlist lineup.

I don't mind all of the assumptions you're making, you have no other choice due to not knowing all of the details, but making judgments based on those assumptions isn't doing you any favors.
So does anybody understand the reasoning here, or is it just me? I'm sure he, and Bungie, would like Arena to increase its population and stand strong, therefore how does expanding the strict Slayer-only playlists help matters? Urk, care to elaborate?

He also mentioned in another thread Arena was getting 3 Community made maps in the next update.

EDIT: he added more

We're not done testing all of the changes, but I'll share as much as I can.

Team Slayer is being redesigned to feature community maps, which means it will be changing to Max Local Players 2. Overall, the lineup of gametypes for Team Slayer will remain the same, but we will be adjusting weightings to allow for a more diverse experience. We have 5 community maps which we plan to add in May.

Squad Slayer will not feature community maps and will allow Max Local Players 4. It will have a Max Party Size of 5 with Big Party Restrictions for parties of 4-5. Gametypes will be based on the core Slayer experience, omitting gametypes such as Elite Slayer or Slayer Pro. The available loadouts will be Sprint, Jet Pack, Hologram and Active Camo.

I'll provide more information on the Team Slayer changes when possible.
Will it kill them to add CTF, Assault, and Oddball to Arena then?

GhaleonEB said:
After several months of a pretty stable ratio, Firefight came up to parity with Multiplayer. Here's my tally through today (I checked after you asked):

ChallengesMidApril.jpg

No complaints here, though I can see why MP folks might grumble. Firefight Challenges generally take a lot less time to complete than MP, though. Usually just one or two games.

Alright thanks for sharing, nice to know. Multi is a little down this month compared to the overall numbers.

Jeremiah's post about Team Slayer and Squad Slayer:
We're not done testing all of the changes, but I'll share as much as I can.

Team Slayer is being redesigned to feature community maps, which means it will be changing to Max Local Players 2. Overall, the lineup of gametypes for Team Slayer will remain the same, but we will be adjusting weightings to allow for a more diverse experience. We have 5 community maps which we plan to add in May.

Squad Slayer will not feature community maps and will allow Max Local Players 4. It will have a Max Party Size of 5 with Big Party Restrictions for parties of 4-5. Gametypes will be based on the core Slayer experience, omitting gametypes such as Elite Slayer or Slayer Pro. The available loadouts will be Sprint, Jet Pack, Hologram and Active Camo.

I'll provide more information on the Team Slayer changes when possible.

No armor lock, I'm in.

Wow, I just did a complete 180 on how I felt about Squad Slayer.

- It lets them add Community Maps to TS and Arena, but gives split-screen people somewhere to play without framerate issues.

- It's another playlist without Armor Lock! :D

Striker said:
Will it kill them to add CTF, Assault, and Oddball to Arena then?
I wouldn't mind this too, but I can see why it hasn't happened yet. Team Objective already has a lower population count, and Arena has a low population.

I don't see them adding objective gametypes to the lone Arena playlist, and an Arena Objective playlist would be a ghost town.

Striker

He is adding 2flag, Neutral Assault, Oddball, and KotH to Team Classic if I'm not mistakened, and that isn't exactly getting huge counts at the moment.

There's too many playlists, and now there will be three playlists, no matter how you slice it, consisting of 8-10 players and SLAYER ONLY. I can't be the only person who finds that absurd.

Striker said:
He is adding 2flag, Neutral Assault, Oddball, and KotH to Team Classic if I'm not mistakened, and that isn't exactly getting huge counts at the moment.

There's too many playlists, and now there will be three playlists, no matter how you slice it, consisting of 8-10 players and SLAYER ONLY. I can't be the only person who finds that absurd.

Yeah I think it's pretty absurd. It will be interesting to see what happens to the population of Classic with objective gets in there, although honestly I thought the classic playlist would have a higher population count at this point.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the modern shooter fan hates anything to shooting stuff.

Striker said:

Team Classic is an odd beast (and I love it), but I don't think people go into that one looking for competitive gameplay as much. Slayer will probably win more votes overall, but I don't think people will be offended if they see objective gametypes as an option.

The Arena is inherently competitive, and I imagine there would be loud complaining if people were forced to endure objective when they just want ranked slayer. (I personally love objective btw.)

I agree that there seems to be a heap of playlists now, but it's a delicate balance of giving people more options/flavors and keeping populations (and thus matchmaking times) reasonable.

Tawpgun

Does core slayer experience mean AR starts only? I hope DMRs is I included with a good weighting. Speaking of weighting... Team Rifles needs to be heavier. I would do none of the above and get 3 other AR starts options...

A27 Tawpgun said:
Does core slayer experience mean AR starts only? I hope DMRs is I included with a good weighting. Speaking of weighting... Team Rifles needs to be heavier. I would do none of the above and get 3 other AR starts options...

I assume by core he just means no gametypes like bro or elite slayer.

Tawpgun

So I just remembered... When are they going to open up that beta tester survey again? I remember getting the email and then the servers crashed. They said we'd get another opportunity.

aj1467

Just spent the past few hours listening to the halo 2 soundtrack. I forgot how awesome it was... hopefully i will be able to write music that good in the not too distant future >.<

wwm0nkey

So with the rumors of the new Wii system (probably true due to all the reports)

Do you guys think Bungie's next game could make it onto the system?

wwm0nkey said:

If anything, a port would be most likely, but I don't think Bungie's next game will be on the Wii. Have they announced that?

wwm0nkey said:

Obviously it's a possibility (where it absolutely wasn't with Halo), but I highly doubt it.

They've been working on the new stuff for a while now, and the entire time have probably planned for it being on 360, PC, and PS3 only. Maybe we'll see The Next Big Thing 2™ on the SuperWii™, but I doubt the first one will be ported any time Soon™.

wwm0nkey said:

Well, I think it depends on how strong the new Wii would be. I'm not really familiar with the strenght of the Wii but I don't think it would be able to handle a game like Reach (correct me on this if I'm wrong!).
But if it is going to be released on the ''new'' Wii , I think Bungie is also going to announce their new game on E3 (assumng the ''new'' Wii will be announced on E3). It would be a strong title for a new console.

I think that Bungie's new game will be as good or even better than Reach in performance and hopefully graphics.
That's also one of the things I hope Nintendo will improve with their new system, better graphics. I know that graphics don't make a game but it is a nice feature.

I have on example of a game with graphics that kinda ruin the game for me: Homefront.
The quality on my TV is so bad that I can't see my enemies sometimes. This could be a problem with my TV but I've never had any problems with other games.
This really ruins the experience for me.

So for me to buy the ''new'' Wii, it needs to have better graphics and a way better online system, something that was also seriously lacking on the old one.

wwm0nkey

Tha Robbertster said:
Well, I think it depends on how strong the new Wii would be. I'm not really familiar with the strenght of the Wii but I don't think it would be able to handle a game like Reach (correct me on this if I'm wrong!).
But if it is going to be released on the ''new'' Wii , I think Bungie is also going to announce their new game on E3 (assumng the ''new'' Wii will be announced on E3). It would be a strong title for a new console.

I think that Bungie's new game will be as good or even better than Reach in performance and hopefully graphics.
That's also one of the things I hope Nintendo will improve with their new system, better graphics. I know that graphics don't make a game but it is a nice feature.

I have on example of a game with graphics that kinda ruin the game for me: Homefront.
The quality on my TV is so bad that I can't see my enemies sometimes. This could be a problem with my TV but I've never had any problems with other games.
This really ruins the experience for me.

So for me to buy the ''new'' Wii, it needs to have better graphics and a way better online system, something that was also seriously lacking on the old one.
Well if the rumors are accurate (probably are) the new Wii is significantly stronger than a PS3 or 360, which leads me to think DX11 powered.

Dani said:
Good point actually.
Whatever NextBungieTitle really is, we can bet the use of online will be one of the big core features. So if Wii2 has a poor online framework then that would also hamper the chances of a Wii2 version.

wwm0nkey said:

You want a "Pimp At Sea: Pirate Party Mini-Game Collection" from Bungie?

wwm0nkey said:
Well if the rumors are accurate (probably are) the new Wii is significantly stronger than a PS3 or 360, which leads me to think DX11 powered.

You're losing me with DX11 :p

But it is interesting to hear this news and I'm wondering how Microsoft and Sony are going to react on this.
Are they also going to announce a new system? I think it would be a good step for Microsoft since the 360 is getting a little old and it would be a great way to get rid of the RROD. The PS3 however still has some time to go so I think Sony will only go further with their handhelds.

Top Bottom