• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Survival
Firefight Gametype
"This is it, Spartan. Hold them off as long as you can so we can escape. Good luck."

No lives.
DMR/AR on all loadouts. (Jetpack, Sprint, Armor Lock, Evade, Active Camo)
110% Speed, 125% Jump Height, 150% Player Gravity
Hazards: Off
Skull progression:
- Round 1: Catch
- Round 2: Catch, Tough Luck and Red Skull (110% Enemy Damage Resistance/Better Hearing)
- Round 3: Catch, Tough Luck, Cloud and Blue Skull (110% Enemy Damage Resistance/110% Enemy Weapon Damage/Better Hearing/Better Vision/Trigger Happy)

It's not about score; it's about surviving. How long can you hold out?
Recommended difficulty: Heroic.

Download it here.

VERSION 1.1: Download it here.
Tweaks:
- Increased starting lives to 2 (three total lives). Extra lives are not enabled.
- Increased weapon damage to 110%. Weapon damage gets negated in the second round.
- Removed Skirmishers/Zealots from first round.

I wanted this mode to get harder and harder, but I found that it was really tough getting passed the first round. These fixes make the first round manageable.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
-Yeti said:
I seem to be either dumb, or just bad at this game. What is the best level and best way to get the Weekly challenge done?

New Alexandria, All Skulls except Mythic and Iron. Ignore objective and hunt Dropships/Phantoms. Banshees will chase you constantly, they come in pairs. Each Banshee is worth about 1500 points and each Phantom will net you around 10,000 points. By the time you get around four or five Phantoms you should have killed enough Banshees to get the Weekly amount, if not keep playing. Enemies constantly respawn.

Dani said:
New Alexandria, All Skulls except Mythic and Iron. Ignore objective and hunt Dropships/Phantoms. Banshees will chase you constantly, they come in pairs. Each Banshee is worth about 1500 points and each Phantom will net you around 10,000 points. By the time you get around four or five Phantoms you should have killed enough Banshees to get the Weekly amount, if not keep playing. Enemies constantly respawn.

Thank you sir. I tried it on LNoS because I just thought I would get more points for killing Banshees and Seraphs, but I fell short about 20,000 points by the end of the level. I never thought about trying it on New Alexandria. :(

Captain Blood said:
Not trying to be a jerk, It is just a bold claim this junior is making. haha
To answer your question, well I am someone of course. And if my username wasn't a giveaway enough, I have been lurking since at least the salad days of halo 3. I didn't take you for a jerk, but I sure didn't mean to come off as being bold, haha. The mysteries of Lake Minnetonka have been quite well documented within this very thread, and I thought I caught a whiff of something familiar in his/her last post. Perhaps I can take your reaction as confirmation enough, if even for my own personal satisfaction. To be honest I'd prefer it if the fellow was completely genuine. I rather enjoy Lake's posts :p /bold junior

Hitmonchan107 said:
Survival
Firefight Gametype
"This is it, Spartan. Hold them off as long as you can so we can escape. Good luck."

No lives.
DMR/AR on all loadouts. (Jetpack, Sprint, Armor Lock, Evade, Active Camo)
110% Speed, 125% Jump Height, 150% Player Gravity
Hazards: Off
Skull progression:
- Round 1: Catch
- Round 2: Catch, Tough Luck and Red Skull (110% Enemy Damage Resistance/Better Hearing)
- Round 3: Catch, Tough Luck, Cloud and Blue Skull (110% Enemy Damage Resistance/110% Enemy Weapon Damage/Better Hearing/Better Vision/Trigger Happy)

It's not about score; it's about surviving. How long can you hold out?
Recommended difficulty: Heroic.

Download it here.
Will give it a shot. But oh man, trigger happy + skirmishers and snipers is deadly, but I prefer them that way. That gets you to hunker down as a team and play truly defensive for a while, which to me is what Firefight's most tense moments are all about.

-Yeti said:
Thank you sir. I tried it on LNoS because I just thought I would get more points for killing Banshees and Seraphs, but I fell short about 20,000 points by the end of the level. I never thought about trying it on New Alexandria. :(

Have you tried killing al the Banshees under the corvet? I think it gives an kilionair and an easy 10.000 points or even more because of the multikill.

I've done New Alexandria a few times for other score chalanges but in my opinion, it takes to much time to actually find enough Phantoms.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tha Robbertster said:
Have you tried killing al the Banshees under the corvet? I think it gives an kilionair and an easy 10.000 points or even more because of the multikill.

I've done New Alexandria a few times for other score chalanges but in my opinion, it takes to much time to actually find enough Phantoms.

Took me ~10 mins. Done it for multiple challenges.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tha Robbertster said:
Wel, I think we can agree that both LnoS and NA are good levels to complete the challange.

True. Just that some folks complained about beating LnoS from RPA and not getting enough points (I guess they destroyed the stationary Phantoms and trigger the next part of the level).

Crucio

Tha Robbertster said:

NA is always fun no matter what the settings. I found Tough Luck added some pretty intense dogfights to the mix, the banshees were flying so close. Anyhow, I love to complete the mission as well as get the points in this case. Especially on Co-op.

vhfive

Tha Robbertster said:
Wel, I think we can agree that both LnoS and NA are good levels to complete the challange.
Yea, NA is a little faster and easier but LNoS is more fun (also getting a killionare on the banshees under the corvette is awesome).

Tashi0106 said:
Lol no offense taken.

Yea, spamming is part of the strategy. Close range, for the most part, you gotta do it. I still pace my shots more often than not though, for sure.

Is solid host part of your strategy too? :)

My Onza shipped delivery in 3 days. Niice. So pumped!

NullPointer said:
Will give it a shot. But oh man, trigger happy + skirmishers and snipers is deadly, but I prefer them that way. That gets you to hunker down as a team and play truly defensive for a while, which to me is what Firefight's most tense moments are all about.
I might go in and tinker around if people think the third round is too hard.

I enjoyed it when I played it, but I was playtesting it at 1 a.m.

I was trying to put the fear back into Firefight. I wish I could edit past the third round, though.

Karl2177 said:
Damn, just realized it has been a full year since MS pulled the plug on it. I might play some H2 campaign today. Metropolis is soooooo good.

Have you seen this post from FyreWulff on HBO?

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1065222

Even I got a little bit nostalgic and I didn't even play Halo 2 online that much. I only got LIVE in 2008 and only visited 2 for the fun and one time for 2 weeks when my 360 got the RROD. (I still had the old xbox and connected it to LIVE)

I've mixed feelings about not having to be able to experience Halo 2 at it's peak. At one side, you have all these incredible stories about all the great maps, but on the other side, you have all the exploits and glitches which were present.

ElRenoRaven

Tha Robbertster said:
Have you seen this post from FyreWulff on HBO?

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1065222

Even I got a little bit nostalgic and I didn't even play Halo 2 online that much. I only got LIVE in 2008 and only visited 2 for the fun and one time for 2 weeks when my 360 got the RROD. (I still had the old xbox and connected it to LIVE)

I've mixed feelings about not having to be able to experience Halo 2 at it's peak. At one side, you have all these incredible stories about all the great maps, but on the other side, you have all the exploits and glitches which were present.

Well a decent pc with Vista or Windows 7 can easily play it any time. Granted the online is pretty much dead but still you can play it.

Striker

If my laptop had a higher gfx card I would play it. Maybe sometime this summer if I buy an affordable PC that can run it smoothly, along with getting Halo 1.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:
Is solid host part of your strategy too? :)

My Onza shipped delivery in 3 days. Niice. So pumped!
Lol

I finally opened my NAT the other night and Overkill at the end of the montage was on host.

Extremely disappointed with Community BTB. Aside from Renegade, which is vastly superior in almost every way to Hemorrhage, the rest of the maps just seem rushed with little to no flow whatsoever. I mean how in the world does a map with what appears to be misplaced objects ever even see the light of day in the forgetacular contest? While I appreciate the effort the overall selection is still sub par at best.

krakov

xxxstylzxxx said:
Extremely disappointed with Community BTB. Aside from Renegade, which is vastly superior in almost every way to Hemorrhage, the rest of the maps just seem rushed with little to no flow whatsoever. I mean how in the world does a map with what appears to be misplaced objects ever even see the light of day in the forgetacular contest? While I appreciate the effort the overall selection is still sub par at best.

I actually found them to work out quite decently for most part. I was expecting worse since all except Renegade is based around the same area and some of them are too much alike. I'll agree that there are some really rough stuff that manages to get through.

Miggytronz

xxxstylzxxx said:

wow. Me and my friends only play Community BTB. We enjoy pretty much all the maps, especially the Vehicle based ones.

Mikasangelos said:
wow. Me and my friends only play Community BTB. We enjoy pretty much all the maps, especially the Vehicle based ones.

The problem I see with some of the maps has to do with the what I feel are the poorly designed middle areas which are virtual death traps due to their size combined with providing little to no cover against long range firepower. And as a result, at least from my experiences, the matches turn into 10 minutes standoffs as each side just camps their own base and/or teleporters with the occasional charge that's more or less a futile effort. And don't even get me started on Mutli flag CTF.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
The new Waypoint Update is out and it is FUCKING AWESOME. Viewing your stats, in detail, on your console is just too good.

I also like that there's a meter for every weapon to indicate its range and damage, but why is the damage for the DMR more than the Pistol? Sage said in a pre-Beta podcast that they fire the same round.

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
Lol

I finally opened my NAT the other night and Overkill at the end of the montage was on host.

Yea, I've noticed with my NAT open I get host all the time, and my connection is pretty sucktackular, so I dunno why.

Domino Theory said:
The new Waypoint Update is out and it is FUCKING AWESOME. Viewing your stats, in detail, on your console is just too good.

I also like that there's a meter for every weapon to indicate its range and damage, but why is the damage for the DMR more than the Pistol? Sage said in a pre-Beta podcast that they fire the same round.

Yeah well Bungie nerfed the Magnum at every possible development stage in Reach so I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the round.

vhfive

Domino Theory said:

The new Waypoint is great, except I get an error every time I go to the friends page in the Reach stats section

Tashi

Domino Theory said:

That is weird. They're still both 5 shots to kill.

Crucio

The waypoint update is sweet! You can even check past games, kills, weapon proficiencies. I'm impressed. You know I'd love to see Waypoint be integrated into future games. It'd be cool to be able to just "Press B" to go back to my Halo game. Instead of having to use the Xbox Guide.

Hey You

Crucio said:
The waypoint update is sweet! You can even check past games, kills, weapon proficiencies. I'm impressed. You know I'd love to see Waypoint be integrated into future games. It'd be cool to be able to just "Press B" to go back to my Halo game. Instead of having to use the Xbox Guide.
Yeah, it would be nice to be able to load up Waypoint without leaving the game.

Tashi

Ok whoa, Waypoint update is pretty legit. I like that I can filter all my games. I only play MLG so I wanted to see all my games on Countdown and see how I did compared to other maps. The only issue is that Sanctuary, Nexus and Element are all lumped into Forgeworld.

Maybe once a playlist is selected, it could pull the data and know which Forgeworld map it is. Bungie.net has that data.

Also, it would nice while I'm checking out the carnage report, I just hit the bumpers to go to the next game or previous game instead of pressing B and then entering a game again.

It's all very sexy though.

Domino Theory said:
Are you tired of using your internet browser?
Mom won't let you on the computer?
Too many things on screen at once giving you a headache?
Htmmls and urls, what the fuck do they mean?

Now introducing the Halo Waypoint Console Experience!
View your Halo stats by simply scrolling to the Halo Waypoint option in the start menu.
Exit your current Reach session and launch our new and improved stat tracker.
Your fat ass doesn't even need to leave the couch!

Domino Theory said:

Will look it up later. Thanks for the heads up.

Gui_PT

This is probably too much to ask. But could someone get an extra poster signed by Bungie folk and send it to me? I'd pay for everything.

It's just that I'll never be able to go to one of those events, unfortunately. So I'll never meet those guys and get autographs =(

Top Bottom