• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
A27 Tawpgun said:
I've always wanted to use this.

http://i35.tinypic.com/30v2bgh.jpg[img]

Please educate a junior on the story behind this. Was there really a big dispute on HaloGAF at one point?

EDIT: needs to be updated for 2011[/QUOTE]
There was blood everywhere, like 12 people got permabanned and mentioning one of the people's names that got banned became a meme, the meme then became a bannable meme. It's best not to talk about it, in fact you should remove that gif just to be safe.

Schmitty

A27 Tawpgun said:

Please educate a junior on the story behind this. Was there really a big dispute on HaloGAF at one point?

EDIT: needs to be updated for 2011
I'd remove that if I were you

Ramirez

A27 Tawpgun said:

30v2bgh.jpg

This was back when we had actual debates and discussion, good times.

Hey You

Steelyuhas said:
Count me in as a third. For some reason I've thought it was Friday about five times today.
Yeah me too. Dunno why, probably because tomorrow's Good friday and I have school off.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I need some good community maps to play because *Flame Suit On* I'm sort of bored with the stock maps. I feel like with each Halo release I get bored of the Stock maps + DLC faster and faster each time. :(

PS: Thanks for adding me to your friend's list Alien!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I took a bunch of screens of Exodus earlier today only for it to tell me once I got out of Theater that I reached my Active Transfer limit, so it cut off the rest that I had lined up, they're still in my Local Files though, but now I'd have to upload them to my 6 slot fileshare.

Oh well, anyway my point was going to be this: A New Alexandria themed Forge World would be the most ideal human forge world, for the following reasons:

-The assets are already there, hell just re-texturing the current Forge World Pieces with Exodus textures would be great.
-There is a good amount of color variety and things are readily identifiable.
-Even the most basic of Forged maps would at least(ideally) look like this:

b5B35.jpg

Which is a million times better then what we got going now.

While the more better Forged maps would(ideally) look this:

TNwgg.jpg

2hyy3.jpg

ake3a.jpg

That is of course if it was a more closed Forge area, which would allow them to crank up the eyecandy without hurting the framerate.

But Kibbles would prefer Foundry.

BA1Y7.jpg

*barfs*

Tunavi

Banned
People quit in this game ALL THE TIMEEEEE

Also, Jetpacks on Spire. Why haven't I been doing this until now?

Third, Invasion is the greatest thing ever

Yea I wish they had a drop in drop out for BTB at least. Like how BLOPS Ground War works. That would be something.

I would like to see a mode where you just enter and games cycle through maps by time but no real score is kept besides yours, you just play and if you become outmatched you can leave and join another game or stick around and get better. If people leave people get replaced by bots, and when new players join the bots get replaced by the real player. This mode would have daily/weekly challenges, objectives, medals, to shape how people get satisfaction from the mode.

Kibbles

Plywood said:
I took a bunch of screens of Exodus earlier today only for it to tell me once I got out of Theater that I reached my Active Transfer limit, so it cut off the rest that I had lined up, they're still in my Local Files though, but now I'd have to upload them to my 6 slot fileshare.

Oh well, anyway my point was going to be this: A New Alexandria themed Forge World would be the most ideal human forge world, for the following reasons:

-The assets are already there, hell just re-texturing the current Forge World Pieces with Exodus textures would be great.
-There is a good amount of color variety and things are readily identifiable.
-Even the most basic of Forged maps would at least(ideally) look like this:

*barfs*
The Ivory Tower like interior sections look amazing, but the outdoor all white makes me want to stab my eyes out. :p And no, definitely not looking for another Foundry. Playing Exodus today, while easier than LNOS, I felt it a lot worse just because the map was so boring and ugly. I just have some sort of hatred for that white.

Striker

Kibbles said:
The Ivory Tower like interior sections look amazing, but the outdoor all white makes me want to stab my eyes out. :p And no, definitely not looking for another Foundry. Playing Exodus today, while easier than LNOS, I felt it a lot worse just because the map was so boring and ugly. I just have some sort of hatred for that white.
Yeah, I'd do with a more gray. ;)

2d0x45u.gif

But really, I could go for a Boneyard/Holdout look if done right. Make it look more appealing in the sense of Metropolis with a grand scape (just not massively open like the current Forge World).

As I said before briefly, just allow for some additions like road ways, bridges, street signs, destructible pieces like cars/buses, and buildings that can be used for combat.

When we talk about New Alexandria forge possibilities, I am looking for some New Alexandria art style from the the actual "New Alexandria" mission, not from "Exodus".

MrBig

Kibbles said:
I believe that Exodus and New Alexandria are the best looking levels of the series, and would love to see a forge area set in it. The human architecture became so much better than Cov or Forerunner after ODST.

Hey You

Yesterday I started playing in Co-op Campaign matchmaking try to complete the missions I need for the Legendary achievement (Yes Imma bitch and don't want to do it solo) and I've been matched up with quite a few pretty cool people.

Some with mics and others without who play the mission properly. Every single game two people have quit out. Every game.

I've been having alot of fun playing the campaign online. Nice change up from the rest of MM.

Classic is sooo awesome. I do so much better in it than regular reach. Bring on Objective classic!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I need to play some Fire Fight this weekend cause I don't really have any of those achievements (sorry I'm lame GAF and got the game late). There are a few campaign achievements I could go back for, but eh not in the mood. Already got the main one I wanted which was beat the game on Legendary Solo, and I got lucky and killed the Elite on Mission 5 before they escaped too.

Tried to play BTB last night, but only had 2 good games both multi CTF doing the noble map pack ie 6 on 6. When I tried just the regular BTB playlist I think every game one team had a mass exodus at the start so it ended up like 8 on 5, and by the end it would be like 8 on 3 or something. :(

MrBig

I'm up for ODST and the vidmasters anytime now. Hopping on for some reach mm Portal 2 until whoevers doing it gets on too.

So who is up for vidmaster?

List:
Hypertrooper - GT: Hypertrooper
Tunavi - GT ??? (?)
MrBig - GT ??? (?) (I know you gamertag it is something with Kwatz)

We've room for one person. (We gonna start when Tunavi is back from work)

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:

List:
Tunavi - GT ??? (?)

What time is that?
GT Mr Kwatz

And I think GUI wanted to join, but I don't know what's going to happen with a Germany-Danishland-U.S. connection.

Hypertrooper said:

List:
Tunavi - GT ??? (?)

*cough* *lookoverhere*

Louis Wu said:
Pretty nice work! Hope it scored you something useful from the prof. :)
Thanks! I'm back in the lab trying to pull an HD version of it for my portfolio.

Edit: Just got my grade back!
79/80

MrBig said:
What time is that?
GT Mr Kwatz

And I think GUI wanted to join, but I don't know what's going to happen with a Germany-Danishland-U.S. connection.
9pm. EST (I think). The last time we had sometimes a lag but nothing more.

Hitmonchan107 said:
After ten straight hours of video editing, I'm done with the semester.

And I'm exhausted, so I won't be getting online for the Vidmaster. Sorry, guys.

That vid never uploaded to 720p, even though I shot it at that setting.
Nicely done. What course is that for, just curious? 10 hours, wow. It's amazing how long it can take just to make something watchable and make sense. Imagine if you had to do all the music, too
y u no use music? Part of the assignment?
. Congrats on the semester!

I loved yesterday's FF challenges. Thursdays are such a cR haul for those of us who can't play all the time or for very long.

Edit:
Dax01 said:
Remember, if a future you tries to warn you about a test...

DON'T LISTEN!
Portal 2 spoilers in teh Haloz thread?! What is happening?

Double Edit: Congrats on the grade Hitmonchan!

MrBig

Karl2177 said:
If I had Photoshop right now, I would make the last frame my avatar. I agree the comic is truly one of the greatest fan works for Halo... Ever.
arrows1.jpg

arrows2.jpg

Yes it certainly is. I've held off on reading it because I don't like being held in too much suspense when a webcomic with a story arc like this that is only updated so often.

Louis Wu

Hitmonchan107 said:
Edit: Just got my grade back!
79/80
Nicely done, sir.
What... you couldn't save that last point? Loser. <g>

Karl2177 said:
If I had Photoshop right now, I would make the last frame my avatar. I agree the comic is truly one of the greatest fan works for Halo... Ever.
Wasn't sure whether you meant the whole thing, or just Kat and Carter. Will either of these do?

last_panel_avatar_choice_one.jpg
last_panel_avatar_choice_two.jpg

Edit: Goddamn, beaten.

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:
The beginning of Chapter 9. I literally died because of laughing. SO AWESOME!
I just stepped into the
Cave Johnson
areas, I'm not almost through it already am I? :C

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm seeing My Chemical Romance tonight. Don't be surprised if you see a song of theirs in my Week 5 montage lol. If not I'll just default to Crawling by Linkin Park

LOLZ

Crawling is a good song. I won't use it for a montage song though

Crucio

Tashi0106 said:
I'm seeing My Chemical Romance tonight. Don't be surprised if you see a song of theirs in my Week 5 montage lol. If not I'll just default to Crawling by Linkin Park

LOLZ

Crawling is a good song. I won't use it for a montage song though
Yeah LinkinPark has lived their days as DBZ AMV music. Its overused!
Don't get me wrong I love their music.

Account Attempt #4 said:
Nicely done. What course is that for, just curious? 10 hours, wow. It's amazing how long it can take just to make something watchable and make sense. Imagine if you had to do all the music, too
y u no use music? Part of the assignment?
. Congrats on the semester!

I loved yesterday's FF challenges. Thursdays are such a cR haul for those of us who can't play all the time or for very long.

Edit: Portal 2 spoilers in teh Haloz thread?! What is happening?

Double Edit: Congrats on the grade Hitmonchan!

Reporting and writing for online media. Fantastic course.

My professor believes music detracts from journalistic videos.

Louis Wu said:
Nicely done, sir.
What... you couldn't save that last point? Loser. <g>

LOL. She didn't tell me what the point off was for.

Oops: I won't be able to make it to the Vidmaster tonight. I just got invited to a party with my news team.

Hopefully the Bungie gods won't tickle the lag switch when it comes down to the wire.

Hey You said:
Yesterday I started playing in Co-op Campaign matchmaking try to complete the missions I need for the Legendary achievement (Yes Imma bitch and don't want to do it solo) and I've been matched up with quite a few pretty cool people.

Some with mics and others without who play the mission properly. Every single game two people have quit out. Every game.

I've been having alot of fun playing the campaign online. Nice change up from the rest of MM.

Classic is sooo awesome. I do so much better in it than regular reach. Bring on Objective classic!
I love playing online co-op (finally starting to get some Onyx commendations). Haven't seen to many assholes since the playlist was implemented, and like you said there are usually quitters to make the scoring a little better for yourself. When I get a little tired of Firefight, hopping into co-op campaign is a great way to spend a drunken evening.

edit: Yeah, Fistful of Arrows is an awesome series. Love to see this as a motion comic through Waypoint.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hitmonchan107 said:
Reporting and writing for online media. Fantastic course.

My professor believes music detracts from journalistic videos.

LOL. She didn't tell me what the point off was for.

Oops: I won't be able to make it to the Vidmaster tonight. I just got invited to a party with my news team.

Hopefully the Bungie gods won't tickle the lag switch when it comes down to the wire.

You shoulda hit her with a dubstep soundtrack.

LosDaddie

Banned
HaloGAF: Anyone want to Party Up for the LASO challenge tonight? Any tips/guides/videos for those of you who have already completed the challenge?

I'm thinking I should be able to get online for a solid 2hrs+ tonight starting around 10pm EDT.

Hey You

More tidbit of info on BTB update:

Max Local Players will remain at 2.

There are other unrelated changes including the addition of Assault and the removal of Atom, Countdown, Headhunter, King of the Hill and Bro Slayer. With all of these changes we have made adjustments to the weightings focusing on CTF and Assault.

LosDaddie said:
HaloGAF: Anyone want to Party Up for the LASO challenge tonight? Any tips/guides/videos for those of you who have already completed the challenge?

I'm thinking I should be able to get online for a solid 2hrs+ tonight starting around 10pm EDT.

I'm not really in the mood right now but I have a great guide: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=48774681 (I know it's in the Bungie forums but there are some good poster there, this is one of them )

Max Local Players will remain at 2.

There are other unrelated changes including the addition of Assault and the removal of Atom, Countdown, Headhunter, King of the Hill and Bro Slayer. With all of these changes we have made adjustments to the weightings focusing on CTF and Assault.

*wipes away teardrop* It's... beautiful.

I'd be happy with those changes alone, but welcome any further love for BTB.

Tunavi

Banned
Hypertrooper said:

List:
Tunavi - GT ??? (?)

Dude I'm on your friends list. GT is Tunavi. haha

Work was yesterday, I can do it whenever today. I wanna go outside for a bit and enjoy the weather though, so give me an estimate on a time.

feel

A27 Tawpgun said:

122dhlu.jpg

MrBig

Tunavi said:
Dude I'm on your friends list. GT is Tunavi. haha

Work was yesterday, I can do it whenever today. I wanna go outside for a bit and enjoy the weather though, so give me an estimate on a time.
How about at 4, and 50 minutes from now.

Top Bottom