• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Brettison said:
It's the ONLY type of lift like that on the map though, and there is only one way into the room besides the lift. Plus that way is from the front and the side. Plus I don't see how combat flows really well on that map. The whole point of the heat signatures is that the combat doesn't flow. Everyone just either camps in that room or are in the hallway right outside.

Granted I've admitted before I don't like maps with the lifts that auto shoot you places super fast as oppose to the floaty lifts you can maneuver on. Still Sword Base is even worse because at least other maps have multiple ways into the room with the lift. Someone mentioned Construct before above, and the two rooms on either side or the big area in the back have more than one way in besides the lift. Sword base has one small door way which makes it sword + shotty camp heaven.

Yeah I feel like (for slayer at least) Sword Base has no flow at all, and very little movement.

Karl2177

Louis Wu said:
last_panel_avatar_choice_one.jpg
After a tough choice of four, I have chosen this one. Thanks to Big also, as I couldn't decide between the other far away one and this one until I flipped a coin between the two.

Also, glad to see what the BTB changes are. :D

GhaleonEB

Hog Potato: Get to the Warthog! Ride it around for points, pile your teammates in for more points. Does anyone else smell gas?​
This has potential to be amazing.

Glad Doubles Attack is coming back, very sad it's temporary.

I was hoping for a May Firefight update. Here's hoping there's some stealth goodness in there.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
IMO sword base >>> construct. its more fun. i dont camp the lifts and avoid them entirely when people do. i'm anywhere on the 2nd and 3rd levels, mainly watching the center bridges for some easy kills as people try to move from one side to another.

Crucio

Hehe. Great update. I like this little feature: "Maps include Condemned, Uplink, Tempest, Unanchored, Asylum, Uncaged, Ivory Tower, Countdown, Boardwalk, Powerhouse and Arena Zealot.
I still call it that too. Unless there is a forge remake with that name?

Today's Blame Stosh is just insane. Wtf!

GhaleonEB

OMFG @ Plasmaball. That needs a larger arena and a slot in Action Sack, stat.

Playlist update is impressive. An Assault and CFT-focused BTB with some (hopefully good) community maps could be what gets me back into it. That's the kind of update I've been waiting for.

I'm posting this simultaneously on HBO and NeoGAF.

I've hidden three Mark V Helmet avatar codes on HBO's front page.

If you find them, please let me know.

It must be that time again. . .

Hitmonchan107 said:
I'm posting this simultaneously on HBO and NeoGAF.

I've hidden three Mark V Helmet avatar codes on HBO's front page.

If you find them, please let me know.

It must be that time again. . .
Wait, you're a front page editor at HBO now? (There's a front page? :eek:)

Man, I need to play catch-up with the Halo community.

Blue Ninja said:
I'm confused. :p
About what?

Front page= today's news.

If it's about me, a little over a week ago, Louis Wu invited me to contribute news on HBO.

And if it's about the contest, I'll give a hint in a few minutes.

Blue Ninja said:
'T was the second. I'm an HBO regular, "There's a front page?" is a running gag there. ;)
I've only recently plopped into the forums. M'bad. ;p

Hitmonchan107 said:
About what?

Front page= today's news.

If it's about me, a little over a week ago, Louis Wu invited me to contribute news on HBO.

And if it's about the contest, I'll give a hint in a few minutes.
'T was the second. I'm an HBO regular, "There's a front page?" is a running gag there. ;)

So I was really pumped about this:

Team Classic

We’re adding Classic CTF, Neutral Bomb Assault, Crazy King and Oddball game variants to the Team Classic lineup. Additionally, we’re changing starting grenades for all game variants in the Team Classic playlist to 1 frag starts and the Overshield will now give 3x up from 2x. We’ve accepted updated versions of a few maps and added objective gametype support to others.

Classic CTF: Magus, Noble Creek, Prolonged, Prophet
Classic Assault: Magus, Noble Creek, Prophet
Classic King: Eclipse, Magus, Noble Creek, Prolonged, Prophet
Classic Oddball: Eclipse, Magus, Noble Creek, Prolonged, Prophet, Rat Trap

Until I read this:

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=59463332

I'm less pumped now...

Striker

The Community maps in BTB I've seen a bit before. They look much better than the junk that was in Community BTB.

*hopes Drop Shield loadout is removed*

The Real Napsta said:
Full stop?

I just tried checking random full stops on the page to see if they were an image file or something lol. Im probably totally off the mark and got about halfway through but I aint got the time to really check em all lol.

Swordbase probably gets picked a lot because it can make a scrub feel like a superstar and there are many, many scrubs in Reach as evidenced by the truskill lamentations posted here every other day (not calling out the posters who like the map, it's a general impression I get from the amount it's voted for).

And to the people comparing the map to Construct and besmirching its memory. No. You can't have played the map much. On default settings there were these bits of equipment called powerdrain's, of which two spawned, which flushed the purple and gold lifts of campers. There was also a sniper. In mlg the map was used primarily for hill which encouraged movement. It was one of the best map's for team snipers. Also, Halo 3's nade physics worked beautifully on the map, very few unnecessary textures, lots of ramps to bounce them off of.

I don't see a fix to the gold room camping in Swordbase but something that would massively improve the map would be the removal of the window in the room opposite gold lift that leads to the vent thus promoting dmr battle's from top red.

Shotgun, sword and concussion rifle is too much for the map. Remove two of those three.

Weekly update was great. I'm hoping those other small changes spoke of at the end will include a decreased weighting for hemmorhage in team snipers :)

MooMoo

So can anyone tell me how the betrayal system works in this game? Murphy's Law maybe? I don't get it. Sometimes I get betrayed but I don't get the option to boot the person (not that I would, unless it was intentional) but when I betray someone ONCE and I'm the guy with the most kills on the damn team, they get the chance to boot me. /rant. That's one Halo game too much tonight, and it was only my first game.

Hey You

Flag Carrier Cooldown is disabled in the Team Classic version of Classic CTF. You will also run at 90% speed with the flag. Flag at Home to Score and Touch Return are enabled.

There is no option to disable cooldown for the bomb. It bounces, rolls, and can be thrown further so its not even a problem.
This has been fixed as well. The option to change the time for Bomb Carrier Cooldown is no longer hidden.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=59465054&postRepeater1-p=1#59466643

Hockey players will no longer be vulnerable to assassinations.

The Hockey Rink has been updated as well... larger goals, more noise makers and bumpers along the wall which will kick the ball back into the rink if it's shooting down the side.
Yeeeessssss!

I wanted to try something different than a Twitter contest.

It seemed easy to my crazed mind, so for making it so ridiculously cryptic I apologize.

But like my mother always said, "Don't put all of your eggs in one basket."

So here's the good news: I had a backup plan for if that failed miserably. I have three more helmet codes to give out. (Red, Green, Blue)

Just send me a PM with an ordered list of what color helmet you'd like from most wanted to least wanted by midnight EST tomorrow to be put in a random drawing for one.

I'll try to give you the helmet color you'd like, but if all three winners want the same color helmet, thy fate will be chosen with a random number generator.

Again, I am so, so sorry.

I'd like to thank Louis Wu for giving me the codes and thus the opportunity to epically fail. :^)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EHAo6rEuas&t=2m0s

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just got done playing some team slayer.... I started sucking cause I could tell I was just bored... IDK I feel like I'd have more fun in slayer without all of the armor stuff so maybe I should try classic.

Outside of that I feel like I'd enjoy objective based games more, but BTB always either ends with some form of Team Slayer or else everyone on one team quits. More CTF and Assault, and I think I'd be playing Reach verses posting.

PS: I'm hungry so it might just be that. LOL :p

PPS: If anyone is bored and wants to play Firefight with a scrub I'd uhh be down in a little bit after I eat.

Apparently, nobody crack my code.

:^(

Man, really sorry about that guys.

Congrats, equil! lol

From now on I'll stick with random giveaways.

Edit: I'm giving another code away on Twitter in 10 minutes. If you're bored.

Double edit: Five more minutes!

Top Bottom