• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tunavi

Banned
weXull.jpg
2WQoCl.jpg
RDe7Ul.jpg
xskmHl.jpg
5SwJYl.jpg

I just had the most epic denial of a Skullamanjaro in headhunter

Who likes the jetpack and who does not? From the moment I heard about Reach introducing the jetpack armor ability I thought it was lame. 'Sitting duck' was all I could think of when trying to imagine it incorporated into Halo. Then I saw videos of it and guess what? I still thought it was lame.

Finally, the Reach beta was released. Out of everything in the game, the jetpack was the one positive that I fell in love with. I didn't like the feel of jumping in Reach, and I didn't like the Sprint armor ability. Jetpacks alleviated both problems and gave me one more method of using map geometry to my advantage.

I like that they don't make you invincible, nor do they allow you to get away quickly. They're just a way to move in one more direction. If there was any kind of true evolution that could be introduced into an FPS, or more specifically, Halo, jetpacks were it. They totally change the playing field, but not in a cheap way.

Surprisingly, to me anyway, a lot of people dislike them, maybe even a majority of people on Gaf. So I wanted to ask everyone on their opinions of the jetpack in Reach, assuming I haven't asked this a long time ago in a prior thread.

It is the one area in Reach that I give Bungie full marks. The jetpack was flawlessly integrated into Halo with easy controls and handling.
Was that a compliment from Deputy Moonman? Why yes, yes it was!

Deputy Moonman said:
Who likes the jetpack and who does not? From the moment I heard about Reach introducing the jetpack armor ability I thought it was lame. 'Sitting duck' was all I could think of when trying to imagine it incorporated into Halo. Then I saw videos of it and guess what? I still thought it was lame.

Finally, the Reach beta was released. Out of everything in the game, the jetpack was the one positive that I fell in love with. I didn't like the feel of jumping in Reach, and I didn't like the Sprint armor ability. Jetpacks alleviated both problems and gave me one more method of using map geometry to my advantage.

I like that they don't make you invincible, nor do they allow you to get away quickly. They're just a way to move in one more direction. If there was any kind of true evolution that could be introduced into an FPS, or more specifically, Halo, jetpacks were it. They totally change the playing field, but not in a cheap way.

Surprisingly, to me anyway, a lot of people dislike them, maybe even a majority of people on Gaf. So I wanted to ask everyone on their opinions of the jetpack in Reach, assuming I haven't asked this a long time ago in a prior thread.

It is the one area in Reach that I give Bungie full marks. The jetpack was flawlessly integrated into Halo with easy controls and handling.
The jetpack is my favorite new aspect of Reach, although Evade is starting to give it a run for its money.

If base movement speed wasn't so slow in Reach I might be more inclined to use Jetpack but moving is just painfully slow without sprint.

For the most part, I agree about Jetpack but the maps need to be designed with it in mind. There should never be areas in maps that only the Jetpack can reach or it just promotes camping. Jetpacks should serve as a shortcut, not as a way to reach inaccessible areas. Prime example being this area on Powerhouse right above the dam/Rocket spawn that only the Jetpack can Reach and it has quite a bit of cover. A well placed grenade can flush someone out but it's still usually a pain in the ass when someone holes up there.

With sprint being in the game, I can see why base movement speed is slower. By choosing jetpack you trade off speed and horizontal maneuverability for vertical maneuverability which is fair.

I prefer the old style of Halo where well placed jumps and shortcuts were a lot more important to get around maps quickly but for what Reach is, Jetpack is one of the few things I can complain about.

Booshka

I don't like the way the Jetpack handles, the thrust control in a game like Red Faction: Guerrilla is far superior, allowing for more maneuverability and a sort of vertical strafe even. In Reach it's more of an up or down, instead of a proper hover and float that RF:G allows you to do.

I also prefer the Glider in Shadowrun, but I don't use it as much in that game, because there are other abilities I prefer. But, it has quick use and portability, whereas the Reach jetpack is less controllable. Also, Gust-Gliding is awesome.

I also agree that the base speed in Reach seems too slow, so I really need to have Sprint or Evade to feel more comfortable. If the Jetpack controlled more like it does in RF:G I would probably use it more.

Havok

Deputy Moonman said:

Breaks the flow of most of the maps in the playlist rotations. Whether that's the fault of people leaving exploitable spots in their maps or the ability itself is another argument.

vhfive

I hate the jetpack but I also hate every other AA (well maybe not hologram).
I'm thinking about writing something about how much I hate AAs but I'm lazy and I suck at writing.

True story I have started to write something on how Bungie (or 343) could vastly improve forge without overhauling their entire system. It would be broken up into two sections: things that can be done with our current version forge (including a new forge world and a new item list) and forge 3.0. It took me about an hour (in which I wrote about 3 paragraphs and then erased) before I gave up. I have continued to scrawl ideas on a some paper so I may eventually complete it sometime but probably not.

GhaleonEB

Havok said:
Breaks the flow of most of the maps in the playlist rotations. Whether that's the fault of people leaving exploitable spots in their maps or the ability itself is another argument.
Pretty much how I feel. They ruin the intended flow of maps that include any verticality. And for those that don't...they're not needed.

I use sprint exclusively, in MP, FF and Campaign (except on Exodus when I'm forced to use the jet pack). I do not object to AA's in concept, and even execution, but they (like so many features in Reach) are poorly implemented. Drop shields don't belong in objective (or multiplayer, for that matter), jet packs shouldn't be on maps like Reflection, and so on.

I still think it was a mistake to try and have AA's be unlimited use tools, and have them also replace equipment and pick ups. Drop shields should be one-time use (which would be possible if we could just set the equipment usage to once on pick up), camo should still be pick up (see previous parenthetical), and so on. Mobility enhancement (jet pack, sprint, evade) and hologram are fine as AA's.

Ramirez

GhaleonEB said:
Continuing my grumble streak. This is what happens when I try to play Reach multiplayer. I played two games tonight:

Big Team Battle: One-Flag on Paradiso. Scorpion, sniper and Banshee camped (and camping) all game. Ends in a 0-0 draw.

Team Objective: Stockpile on Boardwalk. Bubble shields all over the other team's stockpile, with dudes camping all around it.

For all of Jeremiah's considerable work, he's left utterly broken playlists in place for seven months.

So true, I've never seen HaloGAF so united on any topic such as the garbage above.

Jetpack is garbage, completely breaks the flow of every map it's on, then you have the stupid stuff like getting to the top of the ship on Anchor 9. AA's in general are a mess, I really hope they don't come back in the next main Halo title. Make the movement speed fast enough that I don't feel like I need a sprint button, I never felt like I needed a sprint option in the past games, but if I'm not using sprint/evade in this game I feel like it takes me 10 years to get some where.

Put me in the camp that doesn't like the Jetpack:
I hate it when I'm trying to take cover and a jetpack dude flies over it and kills me when he would have never been able to kill me otherwhise. And like others have said before me, they break the flow of the map with The Cage as a perfect example. People can just fly over the wall near the landing pad or fly up 50 meters in the sky which makes them kinda hard to shoot.

I also don't get why you should be able to shoot when using the jetpack. I mean, you can't shoot while using sprint and evade so why can you with the jetpack?
If shooting while jetpacking was disabled, a lot of my complains would be gone. The jetpack would just be used as a way of transportation like sprint or evade
It doesn't make sense anyway, how are you able to stear when you have a weapon in your hands?

Tunavi

Banned
Why didn't Reach have an epic intro like ODST's?
Because...."The covenant is on reach. The covenant is on reach."

Props to Barrow on that one lol.

The atmosphere and open world aspect of ODST's campaign makes me realize that Reach's linear and uneventful campaign is a huge step back.

Kuroyume

Banned
I don't like the jetpack. Wasn't annoyed with it in the beta and for a while after the game launched but lately its been getting on my nerves. People seem to use it often on Condemned and it's a real hassle to deal with in the reduced gravity area. When I have a DMR they're not a problem but it takes too much to try and handle these guys when you're using a pistol and fighting against the bloom and their awkward movement not to mention jetpack guys usually use ARs. It's difficult enough handling all the stuff on the ground without having to focus on guys dropping grenades on your head and raining down AR fire.

Jeremiah's playlist management has been marginally better than Shiska. If Shiska's playlist management was horse shit then Jeremiah's has been dog shit. A little less of it... A little less stinky... But, still just shit. It amazes me how many common sense things don't get adjusted at all in this game. Why am I still playing AR starts on Highlands? Seriously, why? Did guys over there stop giving a damn? There was alot of noise about the power weapons and spawn rate and things were adjusted but no one asked for AR starts. No one complained about the DMRs, so why change it? And, why not change it now that many of us have complained about it?

Dropshields? Months of complaints and yet they're still in there.

Why did it take like five months to remove the Banshees from Breakpoint?

Why would you include Evade on maps with swords? Why include Evade anywhere? He removes Evade and Armor Lock from Arena but leaves it everywhere else. How does that make any damn sense? What makes Arena different from the other playlists? He must really like Evade because when the game launched you woud hardly run into it but with every change he makes to the playlists it keeps popping up more and more. It's fucking annoying more so than armor lock.

And there's more of that.

Hey You said:
Yeah, it usually pops up as a map 80-90% of the time and Double Team it seems to show up every time.

80-90%?!?!

Why does DLC come up for some people, but not for others? DLC in any playlist is an extreme rarity for myself (bought both DLC's on day one). In fact, DLC's implementation has got to be one of my biggest disappointments of Reach's matchmaking experience.

Booshka said:
It's a good strategy by Bungie to rope in the old H1 Pistol fans by making a skill-based accuracy weapon OP in the beta. Get them excited and feeling optimistic, then change that shit for the full release, which they have already bought.

:(

Feels so much like the truth.

I need to stop playing pre-release products because I always seem to like the alpha/beta of a product more than the final build.

Striker

The beta Pistol was fantastic. Only thing I hated about it was the low opacity of the reticle.

GhaleonEB said:
Continuing my grumble streak. This is what happens when I try to play Reach multiplayer. I played two games tonight:

Big Team Battle: One-Flag on Paradiso. Scorpion, sniper and Banshee camped (and camping) all game. Ends in a 0-0 draw.

Team Objective: Stockpile on Boardwalk. Bubble shields all over the other team's stockpile, with dudes camping all around it.

For all of Jeremiah's considerable work, he's left utterly broken playlists in place for seven months.
Pretty much why I tend to go in Objective with at least two others, because then we can perhaps sway the voting in a particular favor. Stockpile still shows up too much for my liking. Where's Assault damnit? I've only been seeing Assault on Hemorrhage.

BTB is and has been in the worst shape of any playlist. Why it's been in a dire need of an overhaul for so many months.

As for AA's, bubble shields/Drop Shields are a disdain of my Halo existence. It's perhaps the worst thing they could've brought to the MP. Sounds like a cool mechanic for campaign and Firefight, but never, ever allow that in MP. Hated it in Halo 3, and hate it in Reach. I don't have a high dislike rate for many of the others. Evade is probably my second most hated after Drop Shield. Everything else would be precisely well received better if they were given per playlist and per map basis.

AAs, in general, I think would've been better as one-time pick-ups like equipment instead of limitless tools.

Personally, I don't think sprint should be in Halo. It should be removed and the base player speed should be increased to what it was in 2/3.

kylej

Banned
Kuroyume said:
Jeremiah's playlist management has been marginally better than Shiska. If Shiska's playlist management was horse shit then Jeremiah's has been dog shit. A little less of it... A little less stinky... But, still just shit. It amazes me how many common sense things don't get adjusted at all in this game. Why am I still playing AR starts on Highlands? Seriously, why? Did guys over there stop giving a damn? There was alot of noise about the power weapons and spawn rate and things were adjusted but no one asked for AR starts. No one complained about the DMRs, so why change it? And, why not change it now that many of us have complained about it?

Dropshields? Months of complaints and yet they're still in there.

Why did it take like five months to remove the Banshees from Breakpoint?

Love, Bungie.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
in there current AA incarnations, i only like sprint, hologram, and jetpack - everything else can suck it

Karl2177

vhfive said:
fixed
remember when BTB was fun

I think a gaffer made this (or maybe a friend of a gaffer)
That vid was pretty badass.

I was fine with Jetpack in the beta, simply because of the slow move speed. It was a trade off back then, you weren't fast but you were maneuverable. IMO the beta, aside from overpowered AL, was perfect, maybe throw Hologram in there. I don't like AAs now. Maybe it's because the general population learned how to exploit almost all of them, or maybe the tweaked settings for the final product messed with the balance. My memory is kinda hazy, was the beta Sniper as easy to use as the final product?

vhfive said:
fixed

Yeah, a GAFfer made that. Phatcorns. That video really highlights everything I loved about Halo 3.

This picture I took awhile back goes great with that video too.
Tg8l4.jpg

Deputy Moonman said:

Yeah I use the Jetpack as a fake Bumper Jumper, I love the thing. It feels perfect and considering the defualt jump height it is my go to equipment. Dont get me wrong, I see why people hate it, and I think Halo would be better off without it and Equipment in general. Out of all the equipment though it is the best implimented into the gameplay (except maybe Hologram).

Havok

Striker said:
The beta Pistol was fantastic. Only thing I hated about it was the low opacity of the reticle.

Pretty much why I tend to go in Objective with at least two others, because then we can perhaps sway the voting in a particular favor. Stockpile still shows up too much for my liking. Where's Assault damnit? I've only been seeing Assault on Hemorrhage.

BTB is and has been in the worst shape of any playlist. Why it's been in a dire need of an overhaul for so many months.
What, you mean BTB Elite Slayer on Hemorrhage isn't good enough for you? I mean, you get 12 Ghosts, 2 Revenants, 2 Wraiths, and 0 fun. What more could you ask for?

neoism

Barrow Roll said:
If base movement speed wasn't so slow in Reach I might be more inclined to use Jetpack but moving is just painfully slow without sprint.

For the most part, I agree about Jetpack but the maps need to be designed with it in mind. There should never be areas in maps that only the Jetpack can reach or it just promotes camping. Jetpacks should serve as a shortcut, not as a way to reach inaccessible areas. Prime example being this area on Powerhouse right above the dam/Rocket spawn that only the Jetpack can Reach and it has quite a bit of cover. A well placed grenade can flush someone out but it's still usually a pain in the ass when someone holes up there.

With sprint being in the game, I can see why base movement speed is slower. By choosing jetpack you trade off speed and horizontal maneuverability for vertical maneuverability which is fair.

I prefer the old style of Halo where well placed jumps and shortcuts were a lot more important to get around maps quickly but for what Reach is, Jetpack is one of the few things I can complain about.
this... its fucking ridiculous how slow a spartan walks.. smh. Sprint is amazing best thing in the game by a mile. Jet-pack, and AL are terrabad.

Dax01 said:
AAs, in general, I think would've been better as one-time pick-ups like equipment instead of limitless tools.

Personally, I don't think sprint should be in Halo. It should be removed and the base player speed should be increased to what it was in 2/3.
What in the butt???? Dax and I agree on something!
:D

I love the jetpack, but you make a great suggestion. I can see armor abilities as a one-time pickup making everyone happier. Because there are a lot of armor abilities that I don't like, just as much as some don't like the jetpack. As a one time pickup, at least it wouldn't feel like people are abusing the less favored abilities.

I agree on the speed thing too. Spartans run really slow in Reach.

Havok

Oh, and Bungie/343 guys, if you're reading this, can we get this part of the matchmaking screen back?

b7df7c.png

It's helpful to not have to remember what every variant of every objective gametype is in every playlist, since they vary in such minute ways sometimes. There's plenty of screen real estate, and I think it would help newer players who don't know what the naming changes do (Pro, Classic, etc.). This is one of those usability changes that it seems like everybody up there forgot about when making the next few games, because they're never mentioned anywhere.

(and yes, I was watching a youtube video of when BTB was really fun.)

Hitmonchan107 said:
I've had my moments of fun in Reach's multiplayer, but I'm tempted to set it aside and go back to Halo 3.
At least you have the option of going back to the game you loved :(

vhfive said:
fixed

I played Halo 3 yesterday with my roommate, and I almost wish I didn't own that game.

Every time I play it, I'm reminded of why I love Halo in the first place.

And then it hurts to go back to Reach.

Bungie, why would you market this game as "the definitive Halo" but change the core mechanics of the game?

I've had my moments of fun in Reach's multiplayer, but I'm tempted to set it aside and go back to Halo 3.

Hey You

Steelyuhas said:
80-90%?!?!

Why does DLC come up for some people, but not for others? DLC in any playlist is an extreme rarity for myself (bought both DLC's on day one). In fact, DLC's implementation has got to be one of my biggest disappointments of Reach's matchmaking experience.
Yeah, I dunno why. Maybe its because less people have the maps within your skill range?

And how would you want Bungie to Implement DLC is Reach?

Make some Playlists require DLC?

I think Reach's way is far better Halo 3's.

GhaleonEB

Yeah I was discussing that with someone the other day. I know Sandbox was conceived of and created well after Halo 3 shipped, and as such that game was not designed with the kind of custom maps that were ultimately got made. But with Reach, they knew we'd have custom content such as maps.

I wish we could take a pic and have that be the thumbnail for the map icon; a zillion Forge World maps with the same icon us not useful. And there needs to be a screen like the above that shows how to play the game. Even a free-form space with a description. I was expecting in matchmaking to see a description of the game type as each vote option was selected, and for the game to supply a space for us to add the same for custom game types. They add up to pretty big over sights that make custom content more cumbersome.

Speaking of which - I'd really like to search content on b.net by description and name, not just tag.

Havok

GhaleonEB said:
Speaking of which - I'd really like to search content on b.net by description and name, not just tag.
I was just thinking about that earlier reading Striker saying to Google the name of the map to find them on bnet. That seems....kind of laughably sad, I guess?

GhaleonEB said:
I just finished Pillar of Autumn for the campaign Challenge. I decided to try and flawless cowboy it on Heroic with Thunderstorm on. So I really, really took my time, meticulous as hell, systematically dismantling encounters. Took a full hour, but I got through to the big mass driver sequence.

Where I died because I mis-remembered the warped priories I'm supposed to memorize. Don't shoot the two Phantoms hovering in front of my face but not shooting, aim for the Banshees I can barely see in the distance but need to be killed right away or they'll kill me. I feel cheated, and I hate that feeling.

A memorization based sluggish mini-game to end Reach is about the wost way it could have been concluded. I'd sort of forgotten about it, and but it's one of the reasons I don't play PoA to begin with. It, like the rail rides on the Falcons, are the kinds of things the designers of previous Halo titles knew better than to include. I wish it wasn't in Reach.
PoA is a good level other than the final part. Once I found out that you didn't need to get into the gun until the you're told to fire, I hardly ever do it any other way now. Makes it more enjoyable for sure and I have absolutely no qualms about 'cheating' that part.

Hey You

GhaleonEB said:
I wish we could take a pic and have that be the thumbnail for the map icon; a zillion Forge World maps with the same icon us not useful. And there needs to be a screen like the above that shows how to play the game. Even a free-form space with a description. I was expecting in matchmaking to see a description of the game type as each vote option was selected, and for the game to supply a space for us to add the same for custom game types. They add up to pretty big over sights that make custom content more cumbersome.

You can sorta do that. Put the gametype instructions in the Gametype Description Field, so when people press start (while in game) it will show the instructions there.

Not the same as what Halo 2 had, but it still can be helpful.

Havok

Oh, and while we're at it, could we see the return of this icon?

317eh05.png

The bar below the flag icon drains as the flag gets closer to returning. No more of the bullshit where I'm literally standing on top of the flag and it returns to the enemy base with no warning, please. The UI oversights like this, the score displays in the corner not also being progress bars, and the gametype info stuff are understandable because of how minor they are, but I'd love to see them return.

MrBig

Functional UI oversights plague reach like no past Halo game, after those same games showed how important those "minor" things are.
GhaleonEB said:
I wish we could take a pic and have that be the thumbnail for the map icon; a zillion Forge World maps with the same icon us not useful.
Yes, but then it would have added to loading times, for people with low bandwith connections, on top of being abused by both inappropriate content and modding.

There is plenty of negative space in Reach that could have used to fill with relevant information like they did with H2 though.

NOKYARD

Hey guys.

Still in the hospital (since April 11), but every now and then they kick my ass out for a couple of hours to get my XBL fix. Did everyone enjoy Halo 1 Done Segmented while i was away?

[edit]Yowza!!! 20,566 views of a 77 minute video, i guess so!

Kibbles

I agree. 343, let us save menu-pictures for maps we make in forge. I was so disappointed this wasn't in Reach. It was annoying in Halo 3, even moreso in Reach.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I played Halo 3 yesterday with my roommate, and I almost wish I didn't own that game.

Every time I play it, I'm reminded of why I love Halo in the first place.

And then it hurts to go back to Reach.

Bungie, why would you market this game as "the definitive Halo" but change the core mechanics of the game?

So why dont you just play Halo 3? Ive been on it a fair bit lately and I know Barrow Roll and Plywood played it a bunch before. Join us, come to the dark side. :p

NOKYARD said:
Hey guys.

Still in the hospital (since April 11), but every now and then they kick my ass out for a couple of hours to get my XBL fix. Did everyone enjoy Halo 1 Done Segmented while i was away?

[edit]Yowza!!! 20,566 views of a 77 minute video, i guess so!

What happened? I hope your recovering whatever it is!

The segmented Halo 1 run is beyond awesome. :p

wwm0nkey

Kibbles said:
I agree. 343, let us save menu-pictures for maps we make in forge. I was so disappointed this wasn't in Reach. It was annoying in Halo 3, even moreso in Reach.
Here is what the next Halo needs

A map maker - FC2 was able to have a map maker with maps that did not eat up space at all and could be DL'ed in seconds.

Ability to take pictures of the map - constantly seeing Forgewold as the picture just gets annoying.

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
A map maker - FC2 was able to have a map maker with maps that did not eat up space at all and could be DL'ed in seconds.
Pretty much all FC2 maps are is an image file for the terrain heightmap and then the rest is basically exactly the same as a forge file. The Blam! engine just wasn't built with real time deformation in mind.

wwm0nkey

MrBig said:
Pretty much all FC2 maps are is an image file for the terrain heightmap and then the rest is basically exactly the same as a forge file. The Blam! engine just wasn't built with real time deformation in mind.
Well hopefully the new Halo just has a map maker, a map editor is cool and all but map maker>map editor.

GhaleonEB

MrBig said:
Functional UI oversights plague reach like no past Halo game, after those same games showed how important those "minor" things are.

Yes, but then it would have added to loading times, for people with low bandwith connections, on top of being abused by both inappropriate content and modding.

There is plenty of negative space in Reach that could have used to fill with relevant information like they did with H2 though.
It would take up the same amount of space as the current pic. At any rate, it's a feature Ferrex said they had in the works but it was cut late.
Plywood said:
Everything being talked about is all the more reason there should be a title update. Even though we all know that just isn't going to happen.
I just wish the Revenant physics glitch were fixed, and the custom file name over write addressed. Three times while working on the updated Crossroads, it erased the map and replaced it with Sword Base, while keeping the file name. I'd load up Crossroads 2.5 and get Sword Base, and have to revert a version and go from there. It's one of the reasons I save a bunch of different versions.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Everything being talked about is all the more reason there should be a title update. Even though we all know that just isn't going to happen.

Hey You said:
Yeah, I dunno why. Maybe its because less people have the maps within your skill range?

And how would you want Bungie to Implement DLC is Reach?

Make some Playlists require DLC?

I think Reach's way is far better Halo 3's.

Well when they described how DLC was implemented in Reach, I thought it sounded good on paper, but in reality, the search filter for DLC is quite weak, and it my experience is so weak that it basically doesn't work.

I don't think playlists should require DLC, at least not core gamemodes (I'd be okay with some specialty playlist requiring it).

H3's DLC implementation was awful, and I guess I just assumed that after all the map packs with that game and their poor implementation that they would find a good way to implement them in Reach.

GhaleonEB said:
It would take up the same amount of space as the current pic. At any rate, it's a feature Ferrex said they had in the works but it was cut late.

Yeah that one being cut was a real shame. It would have been really nice to have it.

wwm0nkey

Plywood said:
What is sad is that Microsoft is being awesome with their updates now and not applying limits to them (GoW3 beta is an example) so they could probably make engine updates and changes to the .maps but they would probably have to make Halo: Reach a HDD required game (which they should)

Havok

Plywood said:
I'd be very interested to know just what they can change without doing a title update. They added the 'flag away' widget without one, so could these other UI elements be added too?
wwm0nkey said:
What is sad is that Microsoft is being awesome with their updates now and not applying limits to them (GoW3 beta is an example) so they could probably make engine updates and changes to the .maps but they would probably have to make Halo: Reach a HDD required game (which they should)
Especially since they haven't had an Xbox SKU without some form of storage on the market for over nine months.

Havok said:
I'd be very interested to know just what they can change without doing a title update. They added the 'flag away' widget without one, so could these other UI elements be added too?

They can change things that are tied to gametypes. That's why they have been able to change UI in flag and race, along with another host of gametype changes. Menu UI is not changeable without a TU I assume.

Top Bottom