• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Trasher

xxjuicesxx said:
Whats that problem that people were having with the Onza? I'll look for it but didn't notice anything yet. Something with a left bumper?
Yeah. Me and Nutter had the same issues. The left bumper would stick with my armor abilities.

Figured I'd let you guys in on the latest with the Onza controller. I've come to figure out that the regular left bumper sticks sometimes... Nutter also confirmed that his does that as well sometimes. Quite a bummer because I really liked the controller a lot. I was just getting used to my new button config too. Oh well. Back to Best Buy it goes!
Oh, and the other bad thing I've noticed: I think there is an issue with the jack on the controller for your headset as well. The sound when people are talking skips out a little fairly often. Quite annoying. At first I thought it might be a bad cord or my headset, but I switched controllers and it's fine now.

Havok said:
The BTB update can't come soon enough. Three of the six voting options just now were BTB Snipers (Boardwalk, Spire, and Boneyard), and the rest were Slayer on Paradiso, Multiflag on Paradiso (which was not chosen in the end, either because Paradiso is terrible or the playlist population hates palateable gametypes), and the sixth was another awful thing. Use your imagination. The first round of voting we did in the playlist had two Headhunters and a Stockpile.

Who approved this in the first place?

I just don't play Big Team in Reach because of the state of the playlist. I am really looking forward to the update.

Tunavi said:
Wow. Just went into Halo 3 team slayer by myself. My entire team ended up quitting, So it was 1v4 by myself.
I was down 6-10 with 5 minutes left, I went beast mode and got like 7 kills in 1 minute, battling it out left and right. Granted they weren't good, but it felt great. Ended up winning 16-14.
Dang, dude. Are you still on? I might play all night.

This is the first time since September that I've wanted to play Halo for hours.

Would anyone be interested in a weekly Halo 3 get together?

Tunavi said:
Barrow Roll we should do some more ODST campaign/FF tonight

And, of course, I'm always down for ODST Firefight.

Tunavi

Banned
Hitmonchan107 said:
Dang, dude. Are you still on? I might play all night.

This is the first time since September that I've wanted to play Halo for hours.

Would anyone be interested in a weekly Halo 3 get together?
my roommate wants to play some splitscreen Reach so maybe in like 2 hours?

Barrow Roll we should do some more ODST campaign/FF tonight

Havok

JdFoX187 said:
It sort of became a running joke as we went along this evening, but we did have some awfully shit game type and map combinations tonight. I still contend Jeremiah's statement about a focus on more flag and assault will lead to more One Flag on Spire and Boneyard, and we already know how those two went tonight.
At a certain point it stopped being a joke and became a prayer against evil.

Crucio

Just recently played Unearthed on Limited. Its good, but I certainly wish they would put in a little more vehicle spawns. Only two tanks and a ghost popped up.
Kind of disappointing when trying to get vehicle kills. Also put a dammed Gauss hog on Unearthed. That's the best thing they could do for a "vehicle map".

All in all I had a successful last game on Beachhead Limited, took the game away with a Wraith after I got my last vehicle kills for the daily. Fun!

Tunavi

Banned
How come we have all the customization of firefight in the world except for being able to put chain gun warthogs or falcons on firefight maps for custom firefight games

Tunavi said:
How come we have all the customization of firefight in the world except for being able to put chain gun warthogs or falcons on firefight maps for custom firefight games
Or setting up weapon racks ala ODST and ODST skull progression?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tunavi said:
Or Gauss Warthogs.

Kuroyume

Banned
Someone here who also posts at the Bungie forums should ask Jeremiah why Snipers appears in other playlists when it has its own playlist. I really can't stand it and people seem to pick it all the time although lately I've been kind of lucky as it seems to keep missing by a vote. I enjoyed the hell out of Snipers in Halo 2. Yeah, sniping was easy but that worked in favor of the mode. Games on Burial grounds felt like they went by quickly. Sniper since 3 has been torturous. In Reach it's just unbearable. It seems to go by way too slowly. It's like watching golf. It's so fucking boring.

MrBig

Kuroyume said:
Someone here who also posts at the Bungie forums should ask Jeremiah why Snipers appears in other playlists when it has its own playlist. I really can't stand it and people seem to pick it all the time although lately I've been kind of lucky as it seems to keep missing by a vote. I enjoyed the hell out of Snipers in Halo 2. Yeah, sniping was easy but that worked in favor of the mode. Games on Burial grounds felt like they went by quickly. Sniper since 3 has been torturous. In Reach it's just unbearable. It seems to go by way too slowly. It's like watching golf. It's so fucking boring.
Probably because the average age of gamers has gone to 7 and all the want to do is bad stuff. Fucking hipsters.

wwm0nkey

So anyone still think 343i needs to make the new Halo Forge mode Little Big Halo?

Seriously picture being able to edit just about every little tiny thing and make full downloadable maps and not just edited maps. That game would just never die.

Tunavi

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
So anyone still think 343i needs to make the new Halo Forge mode Little Big Halo?

Seriously picture being able to edit just about every little tiny thing and make full downloadable maps and not just edited maps. That game would just never die.
There would be nothing to sell about halo 5.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't get how it hard it is to fix simple things, things you can just drag into forge and fix in like 10 seconds, things like this:

CEvW7.jpg

I also don't get why there is only one person managing the playlist. Which then results in things like Community BTB being sent out broken.

wwm0nkey

Plywood said:
I also don't get why there is only one person managing the playlist. Which then results in things like Community BTB being sent out broken.
Shut up, that's why!

Really I dont have the slightest idea as to why they dont get like 3 or 4 people working playlists at once.

Hey You

wwm0nkey said:
Shut up, that's why!

Really I dont have the slightest idea as to why they dont get like 3 or 4 people working playlists at once.
I'm pretty sure they have multiple people (less than 10) still working on Reach. Since the only thing Bungie really controls is the playlists, there is still a team working on it.

Don't forget they have to test every gametype and map before putting it into Matchmaking.

Tunavi

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
Does anyone here at GAF like Sword Base? I don't get it, it gets voted for every time it comes up and I just don't get it. I think it is without question one of the worst maps in any Halo game, but obviously there are some people out there that like it, it gets played all the time.
I know this is from 2 pages back, but I realize why I love sword base. In my opinion it really forces teams to work together. The 4v4 firefights that happen every match across the upper bridge force you to work together as a team. I know the camping is bad but that's why you never go up yellow lift. Only throw grenades up it.

Its probably my favorite Halo map. Its fucking beautiful. I love the Pro-pipe. I have fun on Sword Base every single time I play it.

and it gives me the nostalgia of playing the beta again :(

Speaking of the beta, next week (may 3rd) is its birthday! I want to do a customs night where we play gametypes from the beta, with the same objective locations and weapon spawns. (sniper and plasma launcher on sword base, ect)

MrBig

Tunavi said:
I know this is from 2 pages back, but I realize why I love sword base. In my opinion it really forces teams to work together. The 4v4 firefights that happen every match across the upper bridge force you to work together as a team. I know the camping is bad but that's why you never go up yellow lift. Only throw grenades up it.

Its probably my favorite Halo map. Its fucking beautiful. I love the Pro-pipe. I have fun on Sword Base every single time I play it.

and it gives me the nostalgia of playing the beta again :(

Speaking of the beta, next week (may 3rd) is its birthday! I want to do a customs night where we play gametypes from the beta, with the same objective locations and weapon spawns. (sniper and plasma launcher on sword base, ect)
I could use some more Powerhouse in me. I hardly play the smaller Reach maps because I refuse to play on teams small on enough that I have to depend on randoms, but when I do play them in a fun environment I love them.

Tunavi

Banned
MrBig said:
I could use some more Powerhouse in me. I hardly play the smaller Reach maps because I refuse to play on teams small on enough that I have to depend on randoms, but when I do play them in a fun environment I love them.

EDIT: Got 1 flag Sword Base in my file share.

I want to get Powerhouse 1 flag done and Spartans vs elites gametype.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hey You said:
I'm pretty sure they have multiple people (less than 10) still working on Reach. Since the only thing Bungie really controls is the playlists, there is still a team working on it.

Don't forget they have to test every gametype and map before putting it into Matchmaking.
Why would you have to playtest a newly placed killzone? Or playtest removing drop shields from Objective? Or any other simple thing that takes a few moments to change?

Tunavi

Banned
Does this weekly mean you can have custom firefight options like invincibility? Lame. Would be better if you had to do it the legit way

I'm down to party up and do the Weekly legit sometime this week. I'm really interested to see how well it stacks up to ODST Endure since I had a blast doing that.

Ughh that spot is so annoying on Sword Base, it fuckin ruins every zombie game I've played on that map...

Seriously yea they should 10 second kill that spot.

Of course nothing will be done, just like the spot on Countdown.

What the shit is that weekly?

Hey You said:

Agreed but hell they are Bungie, hire someone else, how tight is your budget? Seriously 40 hours a week of playtesting should get a shitload done. 5 day work weeks of 8 hour gaming is pretty friggen intense I'm lucky to do one 8 hour on the weekend and not feel like I could write up an essay of shit that needs fixed.

MrBig said:
I'd say 60% of my time in Reach has been spent in Forge. Never had this happen a single time.

I wait for everything to finish loading before selecting anything and then on top of that I've started saving separate copies of maps for each major revision, because of stories posted on here, but have still never had an overright or loss of changes.
me neither. One of the trick I use is to also play a lone game and run around on the map for a minute or two, then if anything happens I can just pull the file from the recent games section.

Thats not a weekly its an hourly. Stupid!. Cmon wheres get 1000 kills? Win 100 games? Complete 12 challenges? Where the fuck are the WEEKLY'S!?

Fuck do something right! I need to goto sleep before my face blows up.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
MrBig said:

yeah, i love me some powerhouse, but it really seems neglected in my matchmaking experience. when it does finally come up for voting, its 90% of the time elite slayer. :(

Havok

op_ivy said:
yeah, i love me some powerhouse, but it really seems neglected in my matchmaking experience. when it does finally come up for voting, its 90% of the time elite slayer. :(
Consdering how bastardized it's become with the still-unbalanced Stockpile setup and the CTF flag location, they're probably doing you a favor. Wasted potential.

Ken

Hypertrooper said:
I knew it. Damn. Can I do it alone? Or does it have to be in coop?

But it was a lot of fun
Minimum two players, going by one of the posts in that thread.

Top Bottom