• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Dax01 said:
What the hell, HaloGAF.
FredisDisappoint.jpg

Lake Minnetonka said:
figures

train up son, when you've grown a pair you know where ill b

anyone want to render this film for me. i need to show starwolf what im capable of
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=17114519&player=lakeminatonka

Is there a "sword hero" medal in this game? :p

xxjuicesxx said:
All I'm saying is who knows whats right anymore.

Bungie spent Halo 3 and Reach balancing the shit out of their stuff, and people don't seem to want to really play that game. I've heard lots of people wishing for remakes and re releases of their "primitive unbalanced broken ass games"

Contrary to what some people may believe here there is no set list of rules that say DO THIS to create a good game. Nothing of the sorts.

Reach's sandbox is relatively "balanced", but the problem is kind of like was bobs99 was saying. In order to create roles and balance, the weapons suck. This is the reason that I liked the weapon sandbox in the beta so much more than the final game. It wasn't a one weapon sandbox, but almost all the weapon were pretty powerful (at least when compared to the final game). It made a multi-weapon game will 'roles', but because the weapons were stronger than they are now, so those roles were not so defined that they create a rock-paper-scissors sandbox.

My 2 cents, not saying you guys are wrong are that this or that is the way to make a shooters weapon sandbox, just my opinion and what I liked.

PS: We doing customs right now? I think I could use some customs after raging on matchmaking today.

MrBig

????
Random SPEED references are always welcome, and so are you to customs
Steelyuhas said:
PS: We doing customs right now? I think I could use some customs after raging on matchmaking today.
Yep

Trasher

ncsuDuncan said:
Well I know someone wanted to do a Highlands CTF, so I'm sure we'll get to that once we get our Warthog fix. :p
This stuff is mind numbing. Yayyyyyyy unpredictable physics!

Edit: Nice. I had my best round when I was afk lol.

Kuroyume

Banned
kylej said:
All I know is that every video game shooter would be better with more sporadic weapons. Imagine the Half-Life series, Quake 3, or Counter-Strike forcing you to use weapons that were ineffective against enemies more than 15 feet away. Imagine Resident Evil 4 without the laser sight; the bliss of unknown bullet trajectories. How much better would Portal 2 be with a gun that fired portals away from where you pointed your reticule? What if Call of Duty restricted you to the MP5?

If only all developers thought like Bungie. To still - in 2011 - not allow you to create a class, pick your own weapon, or even choose what gametypes you want to play. Bungie's never-ending cascade of randomness makes me weak at the knees. What other developer has employees actively trolling the community while the player base crumbles? It's this intuition, this foresight, this dare I say it bravery that separates Bungie from the rest of the pack.

lol

Bungie in a nutshell. Amazing to me that AR starts still exist in this game. In AR starts most of the players in this game use the AR instead of the pistol, so wouldn't it make sense to just have DMR starts since you get both the AR and the DMR? Best for everyone? Of course not... Have to handicap the precision weapon players even more.

Domino Theory said:

tumblr_lc0bcg2VsO1qz8sblo1_500.gif

Worst armor ability EVER

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
lol

It's not about impressing people, it's about getting the job done. No offense to the Gaffers we were playing, but I was expecting my side to sweep the floor with them. Then I see the I was the only guy who pulled double digits. It's very demoralizing Tashi, you've posted games where you were the only person doing anything on your team, I'm sure you know how it feels.
Trasher said:
The CTF game? Yeah I was mainly afk chatting to Blood on AIM lol. I made one flag run where we got it back, and then I pretty much sat in corners.
Well that explains you. :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Plywood said:
lol

It's not about impressing people, it's about getting the job done. No offense to the Gaffers we were playing, but I was expecting my side to sweep the floor with them. Then I see the I was the only guy who pulled double digits. It's very demoralizing Tashi, you've posted games where you were the only person doing anything on your team, I'm sure you know how it feels.

Well that explains you. :p

Nah I get it but it's just HaloGAF customs

Tunavi

Banned
Cool, I'll hop on now.

Btw this 1v1 with Lake and Starwolf is happening, and the rendered film is being posted here.

Here is a film clip I just took from a social slayer game on The Pit. I had been on horrible teams for over a while and then I started off this game with 12 kills and no deaths. Fun while it lasted. Then I died... I think maybe I had host because I had been sucking it up until this game:-/ Where are you Bobs???
Good start

GhaleonEB

When 343i takes over, I hope someone who knows, loves and understands Firefight does a reworking of the playlists. Right now it's like choosing between MLG with jet packs and Assault Rifles, or Griffball with unlimited grenades. They're all just a handful of settings away from being great, but none of them are there. And I have zero expectation that they'll get cleaned up. It's so frustrating.

(This post brought to you by trying and failing to get a decent game five games in a row.)

The day's approaching to give it your best,
and you've got to reach your prime
That's when you need to put yourself to the test,
and show us a passage of time
We're gonna need a montage!

GhaleonEB said:
When 343i takes over, I hope someone who knows, loves and understands Firefight does a reworking of the playlists. Right now it's like choosing between MLG with jet packs and Assault Rifles, or Griffball with unlimited grenades. They're all just a handful of settings away from being great, but none of them are there. And I have zero expectation that they'll get cleaned up. It's so frustrating.

(This post brought to you by trying and failing to get a decent game five games in a row.)

Also Bro Slayer on Atom and Elite Slayer on Hemorrhage. But at least those are getting fixed next week. :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
A27_StarWolf said:
You guys can play halo really well. But you sure as hell forgot how to read.

I have things in this thing called IRL called. F-I-N-A-L-S.

geez :p.

I know. I just wanted to make you mad. Did it work?

GhaleonEB

ncsuDuncan said:
Also Bro Slayer on Atom and Elite Slayer on Hemorrhage. But at least those are getting fixed next week. :p
That Elite Slayer game was my breaking point for the night. Of course, it was the second game. :\

May update can't come soon enough.

Schmitty

A27_StarWolf said:
You guys can play halo really well. But you sure as hell forgot how to read.

I have things in this thing called IRL called. F-I-N-A-L-S.

geez :p.
Pros would skip the studying. Halo comes first

Top Bottom