• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Sai-kun

Banned
Hey guys, I found a store here in NYC that's selling the Reach Play Arts figures! :D I was gonna get Noble Six, although I might get Carter because he comes with a DMR >_>

J10 said:
Are there too many Forge World variants in matchmaking?

While I think it's fantastic that the devs have allowed user created content to have a life in matchmaking, I'm growing a little weary of it. I think it has more to do with the visual sameyness of the maps than the actual gameplay, but I'm also finding it difficult to learn and remember the nuances of so many maps. Maybe if they just came up a little less frequently in the voting options I'd be fine with it. That's just me though.

If you're going in team slayer a lot then, yes, there are too many forge maps in mm. BTB is also predominately forge maps. Watching MLG last night, it occured to me how few competitively viable maps are in Reach, half their broadcast was grey.

Sai-kun said:
Hey guys, I found a store here in NYC that's selling the Reach Play Arts figures! :D I was gonna get Noble Six, although I might get Carter because he comes with a DMR >_>
Get JUN!
You can get everyone, except Jorge. He looks awful

Gui_PT

Sai-kun said:
Fuck you.png

shypng.jpg

Sai-kun

Banned
Gui_PT said:
XD <3 you Gui.

For real though, they had everyone except Emile and Jun :( Jun would be my first choice. Six would be my second except he comes with an AR and I'm not having any of that.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Gaga is a mega babe, dunno what you're on about.

I'm online right now, join up with me. GT = popular revolt.

Gui_PT said:
Two Na'vi.

I'm sorry =(
This one takes the cake.

Avatar sucks, but that was just clever, lol.

Hypertrooper said:
Get JUN!
You can get everyone, except Jorge. He looks awful
Jorge is a bit on the thin side but those promotional images don't do it justice at all. He's posed very poorly in almost all of them. It's not hard to pose him in a way that his thinness doesn't show too much.

That said, I have them all and they look awesome together. Way better than MacFarlane's little lumps of plastic. Haters gon' hate.

Trasher

GhaleonEB said:
It's good. Not great.

Soundtrack was poor.

Story was generic.

Characters were generic and some were quite cheesy.

The world, environments, and the 3D were the only things that made the movie. Those were great. They should have just done a Planet Earth style film using Pandora. :p

wwm0nkey said:
Yeah I enjoyed FernGully as well.
lol

Barrow Roll said:
Jorge is a bit on the thin side but those promotional images don't do it justice at all. He's posed very poorly in almost all of them. It's not hard to pose him in a way that his thinness doesn't show too much.

That said, I have them all and they look awesome together. Way better than MacFarlane's little lumps of plastic. Haters gon' hate.
I haven't seen them in real life. (Unfortunately) But I'm going to get Emile, Jun and Noble Six very soon. Btw can you make some photos of the superior position of Jorge.

Hypertrooper said:
I haven't seen them in real life. (Unfortunately) But I'm going to get Emile, Jun and Noble Six very soon. Btw can you make some photos of the superior position of Jorge.
They're all currently packed away in a box but I'll see if I can whip something up in the next few days.

People who actually liked Avatar in this thread smh.

Dances with Pocahontas in Ferngully.

And don't get me started on how poorly written and flat the general and corporate lackey were. Most predictable pos. As soon as they talked about the legend of the guy who flies the big as fuck red pterodactyl lookin' thing I was like "he's gonna ride it and unite the clans against the evil humans hurp de durp." Someone explain to me why that shit ass story took over 2 and a half hours.

Gui_PT

Devolution said:

And don't get me started on how poorly written and flat the general and corporate lackey were. Most predictable pos. As soon as they talked about the legend of the guy who flies the big as fuck red pterodactyl lookin' thing I was like "he's gonna ride it and unite the clans against the evil humans hurp de durp." Someone explain to me why that shit ass story took over 2 and a half hours.

Gaga+Without+Makeup.jpg

Merguson

Banned
Devolution said:

You know what sucks? Lord of the Rings, shit could be done in five minutes.

Wasted 9 hours of my life.

feel

Meh, I know when to turn off my brain to enjoy what is being offered. I just focused on enjoying the bright visuals of Pandora, and the bluray is reference quality and perfect to show off a tv (Baraka gets boring to guests sometimes). Cameron's directing was very impressive great I thought, the man knows how to do a shot. Sure, it's simple and silly, but I don't see what's offensive about it, I find it a fun ride, not everything needs to be the matrix or inception. I hope part 2 is closer to a complete package like those, but I wouldn't really be that upset if it's more of the same visual orgy with little depth, now at 48/60 frames per second, shit will look mindblowing.

Merguson said:
You know what sucks? Lord of the Rings, shit could be done in five minutes.

Wasted 9 hours of my life.

Lord of the Rings isn't my favorite but it actually had some character development and a journey. What the fuck did Avatar have? We fixed the problem of you being yourself, now you can actually be the noble savage. Did any actual metamorphosis of a character happen in that film other than literally?

Letters said:
Meh, I know when to turn off my brain to enjoy what is being offered. I just focused on enjoying the bright visuals of Pandora, and the bluray is reference quality and perfect to show off a tv (Baraka gets boring to guests sometimes). Cameron's directing was very impressive great I thought, the man knows how to do a shot. Sure, it's simple and silly, but I don't see what's offensive about it, not everything needs to be the matrix or inception. I hope part 2 is closer to a complete package like those, but I wouldn't really be that upset if it's of the same visual orgy with little depth, now at 48/60 frames per second, shit will look mindblowing.

I was impressed by the capability of the effects but honestly could have just shown me a footage reel. Who said anything about Matrix or Inception though, a simple story that runs 2 and half hours with shit pacing is the problem. Moon has a simple story and was awesome.

Gui_PT

Devolution said:
Lord of the Rings isn't my favorite but it actually had some character development and a journey. What the fuck did Avatar have? We fixed the problem of you being yourself, now you can actually be the noble savage. Did any actual metamorphosis of a character happen in that film other than literally?

The main character is completely different by the end of the movie.

Letters said:
Meh, I know when to turn off my brain to enjoy what is being offered. I just focused on enjoying the bright visuals of Pandora, and the bluray is reference quality and perfect to show off a tv (Baraka gets boring to guests sometimes). Cameron's directing was very impressive great I thought, the man knows how to do a shot. Sure, it's simple and silly, but I don't see what's offensive about it, I find it a fun ride, not everything needs to be the matrix or inception. I hope part 2 is closer to a complete package like those, but I wouldn't really be that upset if it's more of the same visual orgy with little depth, now at 48/60 frames per second, shit will look mindblowing.
I think almost anyone is capable of doing that. I just feel that if that is required to enjoy a movie, then it isn't a good one. I enjoy a lot of movies despite that, but I can't in all honesty call them good movies.

Pandora is a beautiful world. The creature designs and foliage are all incredibly brought to life. The 3D effects are unmatched by anything I've seen since. But visuals only get you so many brownie points in my book. From the plot and character side of things, Avatar is poop.

And unobtanium. Come the fuck on. :lol

Edit: We're so OT right now. Just saying.

Barrow Roll said:
I think almost anyone is capable of doing that. I just feel that if that is required to enjoy a movie, then it isn't a good one. I enjoy a lot of movies despite that, but I can't in all honesty call them good movies.

Pandora is a beautiful world. The creature designs and foliage are all incredibly brought to life. The 3D effects are unmatched by anything I've seen since. But visuals only get you so many brownie points in my book. From the plot and character side of things, Avatar is poop.

And unobtanium. Come the fuck on. :lol

Edit: We're so OT right now. Just saying.

My friend and I were talking about how if the humans were going to take the extra mile to go to war anyway and have no sympathy towards the alien population, why not just nuke it from orbit. (Obviously not nuke literally but you get it).

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Trasher said:
It's good. Not great.

Soundtrack was poor.

Story was generic.

Characters were generic and some were quite cheesy.

The world, environments, and the 3D were the only things that made the movie. Those were great. They should have just done a Planet Earth style film using Pandora. :p
Tell me this sucks cause I think it sounds pretty great.

I will agree the story was generic/run of the mill.

But I loved the world, environments and yes even the Na'vi, GET AT ME BROS.

As for my earlier post it was a joke, do I post to ambiguously?

Now you know what movie fucking sucks? Eat, Pray, Love.

Fuck you Julia Roberts.

Gui_PT

Devolution said:
My friend and I were talking about how if the humans were going to take the extra mile to go to war anyway and have no sympathy towards the alien population, why not just nuke it from orbit. (Obviously not nuke literally but you get it).

Last post about this because Barrow's right and we're OT.

They're in that planet to mine it for unobtanium. If they nuked the planet, they might as well be setting fire to a giant pile of money. You wouldn't just blow up big parts of the planet with an explosion that would destroy something that would make you filthy rich.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
All we need to do is bring it back full circle by saying something like:

I hope the thing Master Chief is headed towards is a Pandora-esque forerunner planet, complete with awesome new aliens to fight that are similar to that of the Na'vi yet carry the air of familiarity of the Sangheili.

BELI343

Someone get Cameron on the phone for the Halo movie.

Devolution said:
The problem with this line of thinking is that every movie, and I mean EVERY movie takes something from a previous movie and uses it. There are almost no original films anymore. I thought Avatar was highly entertaining and visually impressive in 3D. That's what a movie is supposed to do: entertain. And I thought Dances with Wolves was a good movie. If someone had told me there was a new movie that was like a Dances with Pocahontas in Ferngullly, but futuristic sci-fi, I would have said, "aw snap let's go see it!" It always surprises me that people hate on Avatar simply because the story was similar to other stories. You might as well never watch another movie, ever, in that case.

GhaleonEB

Plywood said:
Yeah, this bit of that piece is the heart and soul of the film to me.

I won't derail the thread too much further, other than to say Cameron deliberately picked a familiar story arc because he wanted audiences to latch on to something familiar alongside the 3D and blue people. He literally pitched it to Fox executives as Ferngully in space. But there's a depth to the world, one that deepens on repeat viewings; the characters are familiar archetypes but the actors make them great ("Masks on!" *boots door open*). Worthington and particularly Saldana are extraordinary. And the whole thing is unrelentingly beautiful, in conception and photography; Cameron remains the greatest living director of action scenes. No one stages or frames action with such clarity and beauty.

Cameron is my favorite director, for some of the same reasons Bungie is my favorite developer; they share some of the same strengths and weaknesses between their mediums.

Trasher

Plywood said:
It definitely doesn't suck. That's the only track I remember from the film though, which isn't a good sign for its soundtrack. An amazing soundtrack could have really bumped that movie up a few notches for me. Inception and The Social Network are great examples of soundtracks that really boost a movie to wonderful heights.

Anyways...speaking of soundtracks: Now that the Halo CE soundtrack has been remastered by the John Williams orchestra, perhaps we are that much closer to a feature film getting done? :p

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah, this bit of that piece is the heart and soul of the film to me.
I agree. I just wish they could have gotten some more solid tracks like that.

Karl2177

I'm loving the hatemail I get nowadays. I hogged the sniper so as a result I need to slap my pussy.

My response: Well anonymous player: My cat used to have a vomiting problem, but hitting it never seemed to make it any better. What ended up working was changing its diet.

His response: haha ok ur bad

Top Bottom