• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Falt said:
When in rome... (except in Berlin)

"Smoking Barrel", Berlin 2010.

HaloGaf ain't a bad looking bunch. Irish Halo Gaf are seriously Irish! <3
Where is that in Berlin?

k0I00.jpg

People say, that there are good pics of me in the Web. But I can say: That is a lie.

Falt

Hypertrooper said:
Where is that in Berlin?

On Leuschnerdamm in Kreuzberg, can't remember the name of the place. It was a bar/restaurant that only had chicken on the menu, ridiculously delicious chicken!

Trasher

Louis Wu said:
And in the first picture Trasher posted, everyone's identified except for Dirtbag; seems unfair to leave him out.
Haha, yeah he wasn't in the other two pictures that I tagged everyone in. I forgot that he took one of the pictures at our table, thus he wasn't in it. Good ole, Dirty.

Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
Yes.

What country are you posting from and what's your current age.
Canada and 30

At what age did you get into Halo and with which game.
18, when Halo was revealed at MacWorld. It was on a G3, I had a G3 iMac, man, this was going to be amazing.

For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?
A couple of years? Since around Tom Morello's pics.

What's your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you're not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
ODST and Reach. No flood environments, no boss fights.

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
10, and Griffball

Play a lot more split-screen local customs than online.

AR or BR?
BR

Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
Wizard, Lockout, Boundless

Least hated Reach mp map.
Er...

Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
BTB.

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
Firefight

Games completed on solo Legendary.
ODST, Halo CE

Are you EazyB? Mike DongBlain?
No, I'm your mom. Dad. Whatever.

What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.
Halo, Silent Cartographer, AotCR, Delta Halo*, Uplift Reserve, Coastal Highway, Tsavo Highway**, The Ark, The Covenant, Nightfall, Lone Wolf

*I only played Halo 2 campaign once; my friend downloaded the leaked French version (I hope the statute of limitations has expired) and put it on her modded Xbox. I cut off work at noon and went to her place and we played until 3am. The boss battles were pretty annoying since the French dialog went by too fast for us to decipher— we shot the prophet a zillion times with sniper/beam rifles. He. Just. Wouldn't. Die.

** Only because I heard my absolute favourite bits of dialogue from the marines on this level. ("This is for all the honeys I'd be sexing at home if I wasn't here fighting you!")

Favorite Reach playlists.
Customs!

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
I lost them in a hard drive crash. I will never fap again.
mc_cry_small.jpg

Opinion on reticule bloom.
It's good.

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.
I like them. Can appreciate the dislike. Is that too noncommittal? YOU SUCK.
I use hologram, sprint and armour lock, in that order.

Why are you a Halo fan?
Because it's fun? High expectations due to Marathon & Myth, never let down (aside from the ending of Halo 2).

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite (besides Dax). (optional)
If I answer wrong do I get hit with bags of soap when I sleep?

Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it. (optional)

Halo & chocolate is our Valentine's day routine three years running. I insist on the chocolate because I'm the romantic one.
foreveralone.gif

I'm not gonna show my baby face, people would laugh at it.
:(

Just finished the ODST campaign again. Still one of the highest on my list.

I think I'd go: CE>Reach>ODST>3>2.

Capture-1.jpg

One for PoseGaf, umad?

phone.jpg

Me looking after the rabbit. Doesn't quite qualify for BeardGaf, more like haven'tbotheredtoshaveforacoupleofweeksGaf.

@Devin shredded abs bro, look thick, solid, tight etc

Nay

Canada (BC) - 22

13, Halo: CE. The game literally changed my life.

A few years, not sure exactly how long.

What's your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you're not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
What a bunch of shit, why can't I pick CE?
Well it's CE for both, but since that isn't allowed apparently... Halo 3 for Campaign and Halo 2 for MP.

50 - Team Doubles

AR or BR?
BR

Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
Chill Out, Lockout, Construct

Countdown

MLG

Competitive MP

All of 'em

Nah

What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.
Silent Cartographer speed running, Tricking: Warthog Launching, Clipping, Object Overloading, Getting the banshee on the maw, Etc.

Doubles or Team Objective

I stream that shit, could you imagine how hard it would be to explain something like this to my Girlfriend?

Anything random in a FPS is a bad idea.

I like them, but I would like an option to completely turn them off and play Vanilla Halo. (I know that exists, but I wish it was more evident). I usually choose sprint or :O :O :O Evade.

Why are you a Halo fan?
Because it's an awesome game, the community is incredible and Bungie/343 are great companies that support their fans.

Probably Tashi, least favorite is Fyrewulff. (Don't take it the wrong way, you just post way to much and are generally arguing)

Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it. (optional)
I don't know what to say here... I'm Devin and I like Halo.

... nailed it.

Tawpgun

I'll give a shot at the new, longer version of the Junior Questionnaire.

Not VERY recently... but I was approved last winter.

USA, Beast Coast, 18.

Oh god.... umm... like 11-12. I played Halo 2 splitscreen multiplayer at his house when Halo 2 came out. Locally. No XBL. Never played Halo 1 at that time until we downloaded Halo Trial. Got into this halo clan called A27 (check name) and we moved up to a cracked version of Custom Edition (dun ban me frankie) and I downloaded the campaign and played it. Blew me away how good it was. Flood scared me shitless though. When you first encounter combat forms and they started hitting me in the back. Heart stopped for a minute. Then I basically lived at my friends house playing Halo 2. We beat the entire campaign co-op during a sleepover. Went from falling in love with a game to falling in love with a universe after Halo 2. When he got Xbox Live I like legitimately almost lived in his house. Then on December 2006 I got my 360, LIVE, and my first game... Halo 2. I got an Xbox game for a 360. The rest is history.

hmm... technically like 3-4 years. I first found out about the site a little after Halo 3 launched. It was actually from Blinding too :p. He started posting links to neogaf posts where Sketch or some other Bungie dev would post and so I started lurking sparingly. Didn't have a paid email that I could access so I didn't bother registering. Started lurking pretty heavily around the time Reach info started leaking out. Then I registered with one EMAIL during OT 2 of Reach. Never got accepted. Registered using my ISP email I had just recovered. Accepted in 2 weeks for OT3.

Halo 2. My answer would be different if you asked me gameplay wise. I just LOVE good narratives in games and Halo 2 had undoubtedly the best narrative out of all the halo games. It opened up the Universe and had interesting characters. Multiplayer also Halo 2. Might be rose tinted glasses here but when I look back from playing local splitscreen at my friends, or Halo 2 LAN at my community center (where I also had a birthday and we played LAN Halo 2 BTB...) Then having Halo 2 myself and playing for a year until Halo 3 launched... It was just so much fun. I played significantly more customs than Matchmaking so I never really ran into a lot of the bullshit the Halo 2 haters complained about.

48 I think? Either Lone Wolves, Team Slayer, or Doubles. Had 45+ in all of these. Got my 45 in Lone Wolves first.

AR or BR?

BR. I find people that liked AR starts in Halo 3 to be messed in the head.

Blood Gulch, Headlong, The Pit

Boardwalk or Powerhouse probably. If they nerfed nades and removed bullshit weapons from Countdown I would have picked Countdown and Zealot.

BTB. Thank god you said Pre-Reach

Multiplayer is far more diverse, fun, and rewarding for me.

Halo CE, Halo 2 (trial and error with those damn snipers) Halo 3, ODST, Reach.

I am not EazyB, but Mike Dongblain is in each and every one of us.

What are some of your favorite Campaign missions

CE: Halo, Silent Cartographer, AotCR, Two Betrayals
Halo 2: Outskirts/Metropolis. Delta Halo/Regret. Arbiter/Heretic, Quarantine Zone.
Halo 3: The Ark, The Covenant
ODST: Mombasa Streets
Reach: Long Night of Solace and Tip of the Spear.

Arena, Squad Slayer, Team Objective, Premium Battle

Classified.

Get the out of my Haloz. Good for auto weapons IF BURST FIRING WAS EFFECTIVE. Creates to much inconsistencies and random luck.

Not a fan at all.
Sprint: Rushing melee, running away, makes CQC weapons OP.
Evade: Too fast on spartans. Running away. Cross map jumping. CQC weapons OP.
Camo: Annoying but the snipers are the worst offenders.
Armor Lock: I'm still demanding the name of the employee who thought of it and all the employees who approved it. It, and ANYTHING like it shouldn't be in ANY game. EVER. One of the most WTF decisions bungie has ever made.
Hologram: Don't mind it. Kinda funny.
Jetpack: Stop breaking maps.
I pretty much almost always sprint. Classic movement settings are much more enjoyable though.

Why are you a Halo fan?
The universe, the gameplay, the community.

Favorite: Wu, Hitmonchan, Tunavi, kylej, juices, hell pretty much all of you.
Least Favorite: Hirednoobs, stephen, fyrewullf. I don't hate them or anything. You guys have good posts but I find myself disagreeing with most of what you say. It's not really least favorite as it is least compatible.

I'd like to consider myself a well-rounded Halo player. I love BTB (pre-Reach, but Reach BTB can be tolerable with a fun party) I love silly customs and action sack. I love Arena, MLG, and cleansing/donging. I love talking and speculating about the Halo Universe and campaign.

I've always loved Halo machinima though. RvB, sodaGoD's Halo 2 awesomness, the Halo 3 Matchmaking series.
I recently made a machinima for the Halofest contest and if you like it you could toss me a vote! https://apps.facebook.com/halofest/contest/view/machinima/4e362c7095008e5d7800f2b4
/shameless plug. But seriously.

MrBig said:
Tomorrow at 8pm EST (20:00 GMT-5)

Send a message to: Mr Kwatz

Here's a tentative list I've organized
Code:
H1 Chillout - FFA Oddball
H1 Hang 'Em High - Multiflag
H1 Sidewinder - Team Slayer
H2 Beaver Creak - Multiflag
H2 Turf - 3 Plots
H2 Headlong - 1 Flag
H2 Sanctuary - Team Slayer
H2 Ivory Tower (Reflection) - 1 Bomb
H2 Zanzibar - 1 Flag
H3 Gaurdian - Oddball
H3 Citadel - Team Slayer

Gametypes will have 110% speed, no AAs, 3 hit melee, DMR/AR starts, everything else default.

It's by Mac xL
pretty good remake and stable framerate

I'll be loading up H2 to look at all the weapon spawns of Ivory, yes.
I'll join. It starts in ~7hours right?

Trasher said:
Haha, yeah he wasn't in the other two pictures that I tagged everyone in. I forgot that he took one of the pictures at our table, thus he wasn't in it. Good ole, Dirty.

these pictures do not help allieviate the fact I am not going to PAX.

Willeth

Just putting some feelers out there, but is there anyone here who fancies doing Annual in half an hour? We're supposed to have a four-man team ready to go, but just in case someone doesn't show, I thought I'd poke in on here and see if someone would be willing to sub in. Give me a shout if so.

senador

Banned
Lol @ Wu. N00bs, I found it funny. Lighten up bro.

I am disappoint you guys are not your avatars. Also, Urk please always have a beard.

VV I can see how that would be cool but I personally am sick of playing on Forge maps. I only want Forge for stuff like removing Anchor 9 shield doors.

Homeboyd

You know, I read parts of this interview with Frankie (and even linked it here), and somehow still missed this:

"We're putting new Forge build pieces in the maps," O'Connor said. "A good example is Beaver Creek. You want to make that map a little bit bigger, so we've added some tunnels and stuff. In the classic mode it'll be blocked off, but you can take that out in Forge. With the Forge, all the stuff that works in Reach multiplayer with work in the multiplayer component of this."

So maybe we'll see something like the Sandbox crypt hidden in one of the maps... opening up a whole new canvas below or behind a map.

:)

senador

Banned
sly2thefox said:
Can anyone else find the playlist populations on bungie.net. Can't seem to find it. :(
It was discussed yesterday, they are gone. Hopefully 343 throws that up soon.

Edit: Wow Killtac'd with answers

GhaleonEB

sly2thefox said:
Can anyone else find the playlist populations on bungie.net. Can't seem to find it. :(
No longer online. I was hoping Waypoint would feature the same content when Bungie took theirs down. Hopefully it's added soon.

Homeboyd

sly2thefox said:
Think they've been dropped. Just the global 24hr count remains.

Edit: God, beaten badly. 4 TIMES!

Homeboyd

GhaleonEB said:
No longer online. I was hoping Waypoint would feature the same content when Bungie took theirs down. Hopefully it's added soon.
Have we heard anything about Waypoint forums (or site for that matter) being upgraded? Is the beta everlasting?!

Sai-kun

Banned
Devolution said:
Post your mug or GTFO. I want to see another Flame Shirt.

or no shirt. *cough*

I think last night I played literally the worst match of my life.

We played against some random team in Arena trying to get my friend up to Onyx, and we lost by like 1 or 2 kills, and I go +5, but I was playing like crap.

Next game, we play against the same team, on Uncaged, we lost 50-40, and I go -10, constantly missing jumps and falling to my death, along with just making terrible decisions like running at the guy with the shotgun or rockets. Ugh :| It was awful.

Slightly OT: At Lollapalooza (a giant music festival here in Chicago this weekend) yesterday I saw a guy wearing the Blue Flame shirt! I almost stopped him to say 'cool shirt' or something but I kept runnin' to get to see a DJ I was missing.

Homeboyd said:
Have we heard anything about Waypoint forums (or site for that matter) being upgraded? Is the beta everlasting?!
bs angel recently teased the Waypoint forum uprgrade. It's coming, eventually.

Top Bottom