• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

kylej

Banned
Devolution said:
Kyle is probably chuckling with glee after that last play. (dolphins v pats game)

Patriots supremacy. They almost won by as much as the Steelers and Colts lost. Those latter teams are just far too bad to surpass though.

Havok

FyreWulff said:
It's possible for BTB to require DLC.. there's no BTB specific achievements on-disc.

They'd need to make Stockpile more plentiful elsewhere, though.

Also, historically BTB has been one of earlier playlists to get the DLC requirement treatment.
Yeah, but I don't see it after the pretty significant backlash from the Halo 3 DLC requirements. It's got a steady population now, that would drop to premium battle levels of low quickly, and I don't think they want that. If it was an ODST disc kind of situation, I would be more convinced, but not with three separate packs of DLC.

Hey You

A27_StarWolf said:
I would like to see the commendations make some sort of comeback in Halo 4.

With some obvious retooling they could be really fun, something to do after you get all of those crazy achievablements.
Yeah, with some Objective ones thrown in as well (Your Team Captured a Flag,Captured a terrirtory, killed a flag carrier etc).

Tunavi said:
IMO, at launch CEA should stick to 4 core playlists.

CEA 4v4 Slayer - Damnation, Hang Em High, Battle Creek, Prisoner, Reflection [Zealot, Countdown, Powerhouse = low weighting]
CEA Objective
CEA FFA
CEA BTB - Headlong, Timberlands, Hang Em High, Hemorrhage/Coagulation (Warthogs and ghosts only, Nuetral rocket spawn). Slayer/Objective.

Then on the vanilla side:
Team Slayer
Squad Slayer (Sprint only)
Team Objective (Sprint only), Zero bloom, AR/pistol (5sk) starts
Rumble Pit
MLG
BTB (DLC required, there are no launch Reach BTB maps)
Living Dead (Community maps only)
Invasion (no banshee/tank/shotgun/sword loadouts)
Premium - 6v6. ALL DLC, Slayer/Objective.

I like the ideas, not that we'll get them lol.

I hope 4v4 classic++ is just one playlist instead of slayer/objective split (slayer, flag, bomb, oddball, and sequential king). Give me that with CEA maps required and some weighting on Countdown, Reflection, Powerhouse, Zealot, and Anchor 9 and I will never leave the playlist.

feel

All I can picture is the playlist selection being a huge unsatisfying clusterfuck with all the possible combinations of bloom ammounts, map groups and armor-abilities/weapon availabilities. Can't wait for 343i's full disclosure on the subject, or the beta hoppers so I can start having an idea of how the next year of MM will be.

Havok

Steelyuhas said:
I like the ideas, not that we'll get them lol.

I hope 4v4 classic++ is just one playlist instead of slayer/objective split (slayer, flag, bomb, oddball, and sequential king). Give me that with CEA maps required and some weighting on Countdown, Reflection, Powerhouse, Zealot, and Anchor 9 and I will never leave the playlist.
KOTH Tactics please. Also I doubt that general population would reliably vote for objective over slayer in a mixed playlist. If Slayer showed up more often in BTB, it would always be voted for over any flag games.

PNut

Banned
You should lose 10% of your total credits every time you quit a game. The amount of quitters in this game is unreal.

Booshka

PNut said:
You should lose 10% of your total credits every time you quit a game. The amount of quitters in this game is unreal.
People would quit on purpose to make the game worse for you, so that you want to quit.

THERE IS NO SOLUTION

PNut

Banned
Booshka said:
People would quit on purpose to make the game worse for you, so that you want to quit.

THERE IS NO SOLUTION

You're probably right but quitters weren't this bad in ranked Halo 3. Surely it would help the problem.

Havok said:
KOTH Tactics please. Also I doubt that general population would reliably vote for objective over slayer in a mixed playlist. If Slayer showed up more often in BTB, it would always be voted for over any flag games.

I know its a small sample size, but it seems to work in the current Classic playlist. There is a decent mix of slayer and objective played when I go in there.

Losing credits for quitting is not the solution to all solutions, but it certainly wouldn't have hurt.

Booshka said:
Seriously, that guy sounds like a member of ICP.

Gears community is lulz worthy

No offense to anyone who plays the games but they are by far worse than the CoD and Halo communities and that is really saying something.

Booshka

The Real Napsta said:
No offense to anyone who plays the games but they are by far worse than the CoD and Halo communities and that is really saying something.
I used to play a shit ton of Gears 1, and I met some cool people playing it, but in general it was a cesspool of a community.

FyreWulff

Havok said:
Yeah, but I don't see it after the pretty significant backlash from the Halo 3 DLC requirements. It's got a steady population now, that would drop to premium battle levels of low quickly, and I don't think they want that. If it was an ODST disc kind of situation, I would be more convinced, but not with three separate packs of DLC.

I wouldn't want to see the near total Halo 3 DLC lockout again either.

In my mind, we'd drop Premium Battle and Premium Slayer. Keep in mind I have no idea of the DLC adoption rates in these playlists, but all other things equal:

Make Squad Slayer DLC required. Since this is the 4 player split playlist and is team heavy, the amount of different people you need to get DLC is lessened already. Noble + Classic Pack required. Defiant only adds one map that fits the player count, so keep it optional. Add Premium Slayer gametypes.

Make BTB DLC required. Require all DLC. For the first month, make Tempest, Highlands and Headlong the first voting screen options all the time, with disc maps / community variants and other DLC only coming up after veto. Return to normal after first month. All asymmetric gametypes are cut down to 2 rounds only instead of 4.

Make an Invasion All Stars playlist each month that is Spire, Boneyard, Breakpoint, and Headlong ONLY and runs for a week. Invasion only, no Invasion Slayer. This should be the main source of earning the star nameplate from then on out. Noble and Classic Packs required, obviously. Since it's all official maps, allow 4 player split in this one. One voting screen means you get into games fast in this playlist.

I think that'd be enough to get your fill of DLC content without being forced to play unvanilla Reach/classic settings to get the remake maps and without doing the mass lockout of Halo 3.

Booshka

KidA Seven said:
Seriously? :lol Poor fake Tom.

Watching Side play Indiana Jones.
You wish it was a fake Tom. He got that GT idea from a Suddoth btw, truly a dark period in his illustrious career, think of him as Tiger Woods right now.

Trasher

Ramirez said:
No, it prevented BKs like EazyB/Omlet/Thermight/Trasher from achieving max rank, I approve.
the-wire-clay-davis.jpg

Ramirez

If you're not going to make BTB require DLC, stop making DLC BTB maps, they're a complete waste of a map, Highlands is so boring with 6v6.

Booshka said:
You wish it was a fake Tom. He got that GT idea from a Suddoth btw, truly a dark period in his illustrious career, think of him as Tiger Woods right now.

You misunderstood. I call him fake Tom because Ogre 2 is THE TOM.

senador

Banned
Finally finished my Legendary play through. Played New Alexandria, The Package, and Pillar of Autumn today. My connection to Live dropped for the latter 2 so I only got credit for 1 for the weekly. :/

I also snagged the Candy From a Baby cheevo just in a custom game. I can't believe that one is worth 75g.

Top Bottom