• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

FyreWulff said:
Also I guess we'll just have to forge Invasion onto Headlong ourselves? Hopefully we've got some one-way shield doors in that Forge palette.
I once tried forging invasion on highlands, I had some pretty good ideas but failed misserably :(

GhaleonEB said:
Right, but 343's stated objective is to float changes more widely where it makes sense. And that's where it gets complicated.

Then the easiest thing to do would be to throw it into playlists with a big fat BETA CHANGES on it. And have a little dialogue box on start up (like when they want us to buy shit) detailing said changes. Maybe even BETA 1, BETA 2, BETA 3.

3 questions.

Whos in charge of the playlists at the moment? Can I have that job?

Wheres the easiest and quickest way to kill a Gold Ranger?

Adding a fourth...Why does the service tag EPIC get changed to H488 after I sign off?

wwm0nkey

Gui_PT said:
What? Why?
My dad works for the post office and the Cincinnati postal office might be closing and if it does they want to move him to Columbus. Hopefully they give a big enough time frame so I can just find a steady job and move in with a friend or something.

FyreWulff

Gabotron ES said:
I once tried forging invasion on highlands, I had some pretty good ideas but failed misserably :(

I'm working on one right now, and yeah it's hard to figure out. Would have helped if there was more than just Crates to redirect player flow. Some natural scenery objects would have helped.

Headlong should work as an Invasion map pretty naturally, though.

stephen08

Schmitty said:
I'm wondering the same thing

Winter Contingency Rally Point Alpha. Heroic Difficulty. Drive the truck along the rightside past the encounter on the hilltop and continue towards the river and second encounter. En route you should run into him.

MrBig

xxjuicesxx said:

Winter Contingency. After getting in the truck, take the first right and keep going straight. Keep right when the road splits at the first house. One might spawn to the left in some rocks and pass in front of the bridge after the the road turns. There is never a 100% chance that he will be there. You have to play the mission from the start on Heroic/Leg.

GhaleonEB

Devolution said:
Then the easiest thing to do would be to throw it into playlists with a big fat BETA CHANGES on it. And have a little dialogue box on start up (like when they want us to buy shit) detailing said changes. Maybe even BETA 1, BETA 2, BETA 3.
I think we'll probably see a more gradual evolution, though the playlist update process. It would fit with how methodical the rollout is, starting with one custom game type, then one playlist, then a bunch of playlists, then...

I think we'll see something like this:

September 21st | Title update released.

September 23rd | Custom game type released (making this date up based on "shortly" after TU hits)

October 4th | Beta hopper hits (one playlist)

November 15th | CEA released, XX number of Classic/Updated playlists hit.

January Playlist Update | "Based on feedback gathered, we're making the armor lock nerf standard in all Reach playlists, adding an 85% DMR start game type to Squad Slayer...." etc.

Gui_PT

wwm0nkey said:
My dad works for the post office and the Cincinnati postal office might be closing and if it does they want to move him to Columbus. Hopefully they give a big enough time frame so I can just find a steady job and move in with a friend or something.

That sucks. Best of luck.

MrBig said:
Winter Contingency. After getting in the truck, take the first right and keep going straight. Keep right when the road splits at the first house. One might spawn to the left in some rocks and pass in front of the bridge after the the road turns. There is never a 100% chance that he will be there. You have to play the mission from the start on Heroic/Leg.

I always go left at the 1st house and I always find him (in heroic)

Domino Theory said:
Yay for Headlong! Hoping to waste endess hours shooting at a blank wall hoping for a non-existent golden warthog again. :D

I just randomly recalled team mates getting shotty and betraying me with it for some reason, especially if I picked up bomb. Halo, so weird sometimes lol.

Woorloog

Banned
For Golden Rangers, i've found TotS to be pretty good. Clear the first area quick, get in the 'Hog, drive up the cliff on left side of the road as you come to the AAA area. There should be a Golden Ranger somewhere on the cliff, possibly after the "road" part ends.

TheOddOne

wwm0nkey said:
My pops might also lose his job, still he will get paid like 16 months full salary. He might get another position in the company he is currently working at but doesn't know if it will work out.

Best of luck to your pops.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Gui_PT said:
Gears lol
2h33h9t.png

The TU changes that seem like no brainers to add to all default Reach playlists is the Armor Lock and Camo changes, along with the sword block change.

Karl2177

So I've played this game for over a year now, and my opinion of it has gotten worse. Go figure.

EDIT: A bit OT, but I'm about to install the dev Windows 8 build. Has anyone here tried it yet?

Gui_PT

MrBig said:
It leads to the same place, but you don't have to drive through any enemies if you go right.

I usually find him right after the house going down the hill, so I don't even have to drive down to the water. But I guess it's almost the same thing.

Domino Theory said:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2h33h9t.png

Hey, Gears is not a bad game at all. But to choose that over Halo? Absolutely not.

Devolution said:
Ot, but randomly search around for stuff related to a classmate's project and I come across this.

[im]http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/xbox360soap.jpg

[spoiler]it's soap[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
For scrubs?

I agree with some of the previous statements about paring down the playlists.

One of the things I enjoyed about the Reach beta was having the all-in-one hopper mix of objective and slayer. This has the upshot of not splitting the population.

I am really looking forward to the October 4th all-in-one, and I go into MLG for this reason.. it is the only way outside of the tiny Team Objective playlist I can play CTF.

Here is my nobody asked, two bit suggestion for how playlists should be organized:

(Slayer and Objective offered through voting options)
Lone Wolves
Doubles
4v4 Team Battle
8v8 Big Team Battle

DONE.

Less is more. Get the jist?

BackdoorBeauty said:

One of the things I enjoyed about the Reach beta was having the all-in-one hopper mix of objective and slayer. This has the upshot of not splitting the population.

I am really looking forward to the October 4th all-in-one, and I go into MLG for this reason.. it is the only way outside of the tiny Team Objective playlist I can play CTF.

Here is my nobody asked, two bit suggestion for how playlists should be organized:

Lone Wolves
Doubles
4v4 Team Battle
8v8 Big Team Battle

DONE.

Yeah I'm a big fan of having the "grab bag" style playlist instead of the slayer and objective split.

Steelyuhas said:
Yeah I'm a big fan of having the "grab bag" style playlist instead of the slayer and objective split.

It would make a lot more sense in terms of testing everyone. I feel like if you separate them, the stigma objective already has might make people avoid it.

BackdoorBeauty said:

Lone Wolves
Doubles
4v4 Team Battle
8v8 Big Team Battle

DONE.

No invasion playlist? DISSAPOINTED!

Brain dump, solution for quitters:

Have the 'Leave Game' option completely removed. You have to actually turn your Xbox off if you want to go. Just about harsh enough.. and you can throw away the automated nanny state quit-ban crap. It doesn't prevent quitting anyway.

At the very least, "Leave game" should be replaced with "Rage quit" for shits.

CyReN said:

OOOOHHH the Pit is back officially!

That Headlong vid looks amazing. When the Gauss (<3) rolled up the hill with the Banshee hovering over it, it reminded me of classic, chaotic, enjoyable btb says of yore. I really hope they nerf the Banshee for that map, much in the same way Bungie did to the Hornet on Avalanche.

I also hope 343 are a bit bolder when it comes to homogenising the Reach experience. If they are confident that 85% bloom makes the dmr a 'more reliable precision' then make that standard across all playlists. The same with AL, camo and the sword. If they are improvements implement them broadly. The few that love Reach unconditionally as it is will have to adapt; games change all the time with title updates, that is the nature of them.

vhfive

Devolution said:
Ot, but randomly search around for stuff related to a classmate's project and I come across this.

http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/xbox360soap.jpg[img]

[spoiler]it's soap[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
0_o

BackdoorBeauty said:

Have the 'Leave Game' option completely removed. You have to actually turn your Xbox off if you want to go. Just about harsh enough.. and you can throw away the automated nanny state quit-ban crap. It doesn't prevent quitting anyway.

Xbox Button > 'Y' > up > 'A' > Profit

senador

Banned
CyReN said:

So are MLG game types paired with maps? :O

BackdoorBeauty said:

Dislike. That'll make it a pain for me to leave guest fests, team killers, etc. If you could fix those as well, then great idea.

kylej

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
3 questions.

Whos in charge of the playlists at the moment? Can I have that job?

Adding a fourth...Why does the service tag EPIC get changed to H488 after I sign off?

I'm burned out dawg. get online I need to shit on kids

BackdoorBeauty said:

I've been thinking long and hard about this. If you give people a white flag option, then many games won't play out or end. Which is an issue. If you don't, then you're left with people quitting anyway, others left in game, waiting for the end. Much of the time they go afk, giving up altogether.

The last person in game should definitely be given a white flag option though. It's terrible that in sticking out a game they basically get farmed, while the team that deserted them just runs off to another game.

There needs to be more of a loss to your experience, rank, whatever for quitting. Most people who quit, the bans don't do shit. They still earn credits in other games. You know what? You quit however often, you get a credit freeze. There. Done.

Striker

reggie said:
Why did they move the flag on Headlong? Do they just change shit for the sake of changing shit?
Hopefully just the Reach variant.

And doing multi-flag on Headlong just screams hilarity. Reminds me of when they had Neutral Bomb on Ghost Town in Ranked Team Objective in Halo 3. That was a brilliant idea. :lol

Looks great. Hopefully there is a Classic BTB playlist featuring the natural state of the map without the new quirks.

Top Bottom