• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

RBK

Banned
If anyone still plays some Reach MP from time to time, shoot me a friend request at RedBLOODEDKing. Everyone I know plays fucking COD and I'm over that series.

Gui_PT

ElzarTheBam said:
Multi team= very easy.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Yup, just use the AR and never finish a kill!
Welcome to Reach Challenges.

Yeah Elzar, that sounds like great fun =P

But alas, the "Get all challenges" Gui is the old me. So I shan't have to suffer.

Edit: It's ok Hypo, I have my l4d2 medkit avatar. Besides, it ain't like you owe me some promised swag or anything :D

What's wrong with my english today?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Gui_PT said:
No 'I' in Team

Earn 8 assists in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

343, you be trollin'
Any word on assists being fixed for the TU.

Alsp, MLG v6 in early October in MM. Ughhh

aDDiKt24

Banned
orznge said:
Actually the market has spoken and consumers want to play zombies so how about you pack up your "the Halo flavor is about vehicles and big battles!!!" nonsense and go to another game.

It's you who's stuck in the insular niche of "people who didn't realize big battles and vehicles aren't nearly as large of a demographic as zombies in this day and age".

Okay lets turn Halo into Zombies now? Well played dumb ass. People go to Zombies because they want to get kills for challenges or commendations. But theres no arguing with someone like you who lets shit come out of their fingers like this.

You should go play Call of Duty or maybe even Galaga as obviously the amount of kills you get in a game is directly tied to your self esteem.

Homeboyd

Nollemaster said:
What´s up with everyone´s passionate hate for assist challenges? I don't mind them at all.
The way they directly impact the way people play the game..? Especially considering all of those have to be done in one game. Meaning you have 8 people in a game.. running at each other, landing a melee (or spraying the AR a bit), turning around, and running the other direction. Screw the objective of the game.

I figured this was realized and was the reason they were cut back on so much in the challenge rotation. We only had 1 or 2 in the past few months (ghaleon?). We used to get them almost every day.

ncsuDuncan said:
MLG v6 is just the beta hoppers.

(Heh, that would be hilarious.)
lol.

Got Gears Of War 3! Woot! I hope I can finish playing Gears 3 and Deus Ex at this weekend. So I can play Reach customs next week a lot. =)

wwm0nkey

Hypertrooper said:
lol.

Got Gears Of War 3! Woot! I hope I can finish playing Gears 3 and Deus Ex at this weekend. So I can play Reach customs next week a lot. =)
How the hell did you get it 4 days early?

aDDiKt24 said:
Okay lets turn Halo into Zombies now? Well played dumb ass. People go to Zombies because they want to get kills for challenges or commendations. But theres no arguing with someone like you who lets shit come out of their fingers like this.

You should go play Call of Duty or maybe even Galaga as obviously the amount of kills you get in a game is directly tied to your self esteem.

Hahaha you are so wound up.

Hypertrooper said:
I get a lot of games 4 days early. Especially MGS titles. Got Reach 4 days early, Halo 3 ODST etc.
But HOW? Is it because there is a place by you that sells games early, or are you just that awesome?

GhaleonEB

aDDiKt24 said:

Cleanup in isle six.

Louis Wu

Homeboyd said:
The way they directly impact the way people play the game..? Especially considering all of those have to be done in one game. Meaning you have 8 people in a game.. running at each other, landing a melee (or spraying the AR a bit), turning around, and running the other direction. Screw the objective of the game.

I figured this was realized and was the reason they were cut back on so much in the challenge rotation. We only had 1 or 2 in the past few months (ghaleon?). We used to get them almost every day.

lol - yeah, that's not an exaggeration or anything. ;)

(Roughly one per month until April - then nothing until now.)

Homeboyd

Louis Wu said:
lol - yeah, that's not an exaggeration or anything. ;)

(Roughly one per month until April - then nothing until now.)
So Im confused.. which part is the exaggeration then?

Like I said, we hardly got them at all (which is why I figured someone understood the problem) and now they're back? I thought they were gone for good.

Louis Wu

Homeboyd said:
So Im confused.. which part is the exaggeration then?

Like I said, we hardly got them at all (which is why I figured someone understood the problem) and now they're back? I thought they were gone for good.
The 'used to get them every day' part seemed a bit over the top.

-Yeti said:
But HOW? Is it because there is a place by you that sells games early, or are you just that awesome?
HaloGAF t-shirt. dude the HaloGAF t-shirt.

Nearly every retailer is selling the game here in Germany already. And a friend is the boss of the games department of a big store.

Havok

Louis Wu said:
Those are only the ones that require them to be in a single game - the number of assist challenges altogether would be significantly higher, which I think is what he meant (albeit hyperbolically). It's pretty rad that you've got all those listed out, though. Bookmarking!

At any rate, they're not good.

Edit: http://halo.bungie.org/showchallenges.php?c=great

Tashi

Awesome Barlow said:
Just curious but are you still against bloom removal/reduction in MLG?
I just don't see the need for such a drastic change. I like bloom, I think it works.

Ramirez

I love assist challenges, but I love assists in general in this game because people talk about how hard they are to get, but I seem to get quite a few.

Not that I care either way, but I don't see MLG keeping bloom in the long run, why keep it when you could have a much faster paced game with zero bloom?

Homeboyd

Louis Wu said:
Ahh, well we did get "assist" challenges almost everyday.. I don't remember if they were MP MM only. My point was, I had noticed the MP ones had tailed off quite a bit and I thought they wouldn't be returning because of the negative impact they have on the game. And then we got one today for the first time in months.

Edit: And what about the challenges that said "Get X assists in MM today"?? I wasn't counting just the "X amount in one game".. you didn't include those in your list.

Tashi

The Real Napsta said:
How is a 15% reduction 'drastic'?
Well I don't know how it plays. It could make a huge difference, you don't know that. He asked for removal opinion as well.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Homeboyd said:
...I thought they wouldn't be returning because of the negative impact they have on the game. And then we got one today for the first time in months.
Collecting valuable data for future challenge scheduling.

Ramirez

How do they have a negative impact on the game? Unless you're playing with randos and force yourself into a terrible playlist like Multi Team then it does nothing to the game.

^ Gonna be a long work weekend. :|

Havok

Homeboyd said:
Edit: And what about the challenges that said "Get X assists in MM today"?? I wasn't counting just the "X amount in one game".. you didn't include those in your list.
I added the list of those in a link above. Looks like close to once a week with breaks, including Firefight.

They should die along with sticky challenges. Matchmaking randoms become even more useless those days.

Can someone explain the Gears hype to me?

The campaign is always the same:

Cover, shoot, cover, shoot, cover shoot.

The MP is team shotguns in slow motion.

Sure, it has good graphics (and its in color now), but I still don't get it.

The Real Napsta said:

Great graphic, great cinematics, CliffyB.

A Gears fan could say: Halo is always the same etc. I like Gears. Gritty universe etc. And I really want to know what Karen Traviss did with the story. So I can get more hyped for Glasslands.

The Real Napsta said:

That's like asking why Halo is popular because all you do is: shoot, shoot, melee, shoot, throw grenade, melee, shoot (armor lock).

Top Bottom