• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

bobs99 ... said:
Oh god yeah, I dont think anyone likes my accent or at least doesn't understand it so I gave up talking when Gaf has a huge party going. Seemed like no one knew what I was saying lol.

Gotta say, my accent is messed up. Its like a mix of London and Up-Northian, so people even in london dont know where the hell im from.

Tabbed you as a Londoner straight away first time I heard you

PsychoRaven said:
Oh I don't blame them for trying to make more money. It's a business. I do however blame those that settle for it. Some like to call it a slippery slope but it is. It starts with an ad in the loading screens. Before you know it you end up starting up the game and first thing you see is please watch these messages from our sponsors while your game loads and it then streams ads like you'd watch before a movie.

It never fails too. The same thing happened with DLC. For years maps, etc were free on pc. Hell even at first on the Xbox they were free. Then comes the first paid maps. Oh it's just a couple bucks. Then comes the higher prices map pack. Oh it's just a couple more bucks. Then comes the 15 buck map packs. Oh it's just a couple more bucks. Eventually this all leads to shit like the Gears 3 skin shit of 45 bucks just for fucking skins.

Hell same with XBLA games. They started at 400 and 800 points max and over time 1200 to 1600 is the norm. Everytime though everyone just bends over and accepts it.

So yea it's nothing now but eventually it won't be. All while prices keep going up.

Brilliant post. The thing is, I too will 'settle for it' depending on how badly I want the product and the publishers know this of many of their consumers. This only occurs with Halo for me; I had no problem waiting for GTA DLC (I got both on the disc version second hand) or any other paid content until a price reduction. With Halo, I've got to have it day one. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a little sphincter punctured when I paid for dlc twice during the ODST pricing. And I got Halo Wars then sold it the next day in order to get Mythic 1 early.

I hope MS eases off the shady shit when it comes to future Halo releases. CEA seems far more reasonable in both pricing and in the fact that those who don't want the campaign will have access to the dlc maps very soon after it ships.

Devolution said:
I said what a lot of us were thinkin' about that invis =p.
Well playing Countdown 8v8 and Power House 1 Flag 8v8 was a real poor choice too.

Those maps ARE NOT designed for 16 players, so why we are choosing to play them is honestly beyond me. Those are the types of things that if they ended up in MM we would ridicule Bungie/343 for.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Devin Olsen said:
Well playing Countdown 8v8 and Power House 1 Flag 8v8 was a real poor choice too.

Those maps ARE NOT designed for 16 players, so why we are choosing to play them is honestly beyond me. Those are the types of things that if they ended up in MM we would ridicule Bungie/343 for.

I wanted to switch to one of the DLC maps for bigger teams but one dude doesn't have the DLC. =/

My 2 pence (cwutididthar?) on the ad discussion.

Im fine with ads in my gaming aslong as its .. fitting,

Example
coca_cola_blade_runner.jpg

Link to example 2( its huge)

For me these add a sense of imersion, its just the same as a fictional billboard but i can associate with it more, now in halo id dislike it if coke started slapping banners all over new mombasa but a quick advert flash on a billboard id be fine with as long as it showed a future coke and fitted with the theme of the universe.

Example
130383.png

The moment ads get like this in my games is the moment i evaluate my gaming, i cant stand DOG's on TV but this shit is too far.

Ad's during game startup and in end credits would be the abosolute limit i think id ever go to but even that pushing it.

Sai-kun said:
I'm a fan of *you*
You need to be a fan of me aswell, I deem myself attention slut.

If I could buy DLC Codes, I would buy a code for every HaloGaffer who doesn't have the maps...

I'm waiting for my pick up. Going to be online in 25min(maybe 30). So save me a spot.

Did not like the map everyone was praising as beautiful. Spawn down in water get clipped from way upon high, then the lifts didn't even work sometimes.

Havok

Devolution said:
Did not like the map everyone was praising as beautiful. Spawn down in water get clipped from way upon high, then the lifts didn't even work sometimes.
Was it that Tempest one? I've only run through it, but it always seemed like it would play like crap to me. Looking good means nothing if makes for a bad game.

Some moderately good fun was had tonight. It was neither crazy silly gametypes or competitive... I don't really know what it was :p Good laughs though.

Woah woah. What happened guys? Where are you? Really just only 8 guys custom party? No fun today? Just serious playing? damn.

You didn't save a spot for me. You are all dead for me! Really!

Sai-kun

Banned
I just picked up Deus Ex tonight :D some twitter peeps/my bf recommended it so I figured why not! I might play a little Reach tonight just for some challenges and to dick around in multi-team before that though!

neoism

Dani said:
Ads Taken, Ads Dropped

Did a very small piece on something that came to mind in light of the Deus Ex ads. Nothing too long or deep and I'd like to know what you guys think. I'll copy it over here.
I laughed real hard last night when I seen that... star wars lol. I don't care one way or the other... I mainly just read the info-tips. Good thing there is already a mod to take it out on PC.

LOL. Played against a whole bunch of facking noobs. They didn't know what they should do after I defeated them badly in 3-4 games in row. So they quit. Facking noobs.

Don't stop believing!

neoism

Devolution said:
Fuckin' AR lol.

Also evade just makes me sigh every time I encounter it, shoot person till no shield, they evade mfw:
yep if you have any lag.. :/
AAs from most terrible to least.
evade>>>>>AL>>>>jetpack>>>hologram(lol)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sprint... :smug

Devolution said:
Yeah and me:

270px-Map_of_USA_CA.svg.png

All the way on the left side of red too. You think bloom makes it better?

Obviously you need a flannel spartan.
Jealous. I want to live in the USA, too. Damnit. But I'm living next to that Overdoziz guy.

Btw. don't blame the origin of the host. I gave you guys the option that I would play as team pink.But you said no. And we defeated you badly.

Don't stop believing.

Hypertrooper said:
Jealous. I want to live in the USA, too. Damnit. But I'm living next to that Overdoziz guy.

Btw. don't blame the origin of the host. I gave you guys the option that I would play as team pink.But you said no. And we defeated you badly.

Don't stop believing.

You are so drunk lol.

Tashi0106 said:
I don't follow

I don't think it needs to be explained. Bloom is a total shit of a mechanic where latency is a factor. And since Reach is sans dedicated hosts, it's all the more stupid. Even you were proud to assume host in the game on overdoziz's map, why is that?

Sai-kun said:
I just picked up Deus Ex tonight :D some twitter peeps/my bf recommended it so I figured why not! I might play a little Reach tonight just for some challenges and to dick around in multi-team before that though!

I dont remember saying anything about deus ex.

Its good thou

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devolution said:
I don't think it needs to be explained. Bloom is a total shit of a mechanic where latency is a factor. And since Reach is sans dedicated hosts, it's all the more stupid. Even you were proud to assume host in the game on overdoziz's map, why is that?

LOL I read your post wrong. I thought you were talking about hitting people offline hahaha. Obviously it's harder for shots to register on a shit host. I don't blame that on bloom though, it happens in every game. And I actually didn't pull host that game. I just think it's funny when I pull host over some people after a game has started. I cheer at how awesome FiOs is.

Top Bottom