• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Oozer3993

Some people are unhappy about the range of the zero bloom DMR? If only there was some way to limit it's effectiveness at range...
[/trollface]

Great to hear that the surgery went well Squidhands! I hope you have as speedy a recovery as possible. And I'd suggest you start with Portal 2.

Judging from recent posts, there is a no bloom gametype now, right? If so, nice( eff Bungie for taking a year to do it though ). Is it true grenades were nerfed,?What about armor lock, has it been nerfed? Forgive me for asking any of this, I sold the game a month after I got it so I haven't been keeping up with the changes done.

Merguson

Banned
squidhands said:
I can't wait to start complaining about something other than the six tubes I had sticking out of me. My biggest problem when I get home is whether to finish Deus Ex, play some Reach customs, Gears 3, Portal 2, or Space Marines. My days will be very full.

I would finish Deus Ex and then play Portal 2 next.

EDIT: Also good to see that your surgery went well.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
7echnicolor said:
I know I'm very late on this, but I'm one of those who has the "preview disc" of Reach. I've been using my buddies retail Reach disc for the past few days, waiting for a solution. Who do we have to contact to get our GoD code? I just have to tell them my name/gamertag/console serial number and stuff right?
Check your email.

MrBig

computers putin' said:
Judging from recent posts, there is a no bloom gametype now, right? If so, nice( eff Bungie for taking a year to do it though ). Is it true grenades were nerfed,?What about armor lock, has it been nerfed? Forgive me for asking any of this, I sold the game a month after I got it so I haven't been keeping up with the changes done.
Yes, there has been an update that allows them to create gametypes with changes that can't be done in default Reach. A taste of it is available now - http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23745054&player=HaloWaypoint

Some of the things they are able to change are listed here http://www.halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/the-halo-bulletin-83111-/211200

Bungie did not deliver this update, the game is handled by 343 industries now.

e: I also want to see an 85% gametype up soon. Too bad they weren't able to implement a UI scaler for it.

wwm0nkey

Devolution said:
Which ones? The 120/125/150 with reduction on explosion damage? I think so. I won't be on for a couple hours, if you have it do me a favor Monkey and rename it to GAF CC or something. I have a bunch of Zero Bloom DMR playlists. gettin' confusin'.
Yeah that one, also will rename it here in a bit.

MrBig said:
Yes, there has been an update that allows them to create gametypes with changes that can't be done in default Reach. A taste of it is available now - http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23745054&player=HaloWaypoint

Some of the things they are able to change are listed here http://www.halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/the-halo-bulletin-83111-/211200

Bungie did not deliver this update, the game is handled by 343 industries now.

e: I also want to see an 85% gametype up soon. Too bad they weren't able to implement a UI scaler for it.
Thanks!

Just finished tweaking Invasion: Highlands, thanks for all the feedback guys, it will play
even better now.

reach_23763639_Full.jpg

Invasion on Highlands rendered video. Thanks to Hypertrooper.

Changes list:

-Added backfield spawns to both spartans and elites during second phase.
Fixed some reported spawning issues (people spawning in the air).
-Removed elite's backfield spawn during first phase and assigned a single respawn zone to each fireteam.
-Added one needle riffle spawn during first phase and increased respawn time to 45.
-Increased banshee respawn time to 60 and decreased both ghost (30) and revenant (40) spawn time.
-Added a focus riffle to green tunnel during third phase.
-Shade turrets spawn time increased to 30.
-Spawn zone assigned to fire team 1 during third phase (they kept spawning into the backfield spawn).
-Fixed both initial spawns, both teams will now spawn into their assigned spawn zone instead of two separated groups of 3.
-Core return time decreased to 30 seconds instead of 45.
-Fixed second phase Bravo territory shape.
-Deleted some crates from the bases to avoid shotgun camping during phase 3.
-Added soft kill zones to some buildings to avoid jetpackers elites camping spartan spawn zones.
-Deleted 2 moongosses (there are 2 now which spawn on spartan's third phase backfield spawn).
-Added one magazine to the Fuel rod gun and increased spawn time to 50.
-Added two DMRs to spartan's base during phase 3 and decreased shotgun respawn time to 35 during second phase.
-Rocket launcher spawn time increased to 40 and it now has one extra magazine instead of two.
-Plasma turrets spawn time decreased to 30 curing third phase, same with machine gun turret.
-Third phase's rocket warthog spawn decreased to 55 and regular warthog spawn time is 70 now.

If we get a party of 10-12 players tonight could you guys care to try it?

Mail experiment went well on my end found perfect size packaging (afraid I wouldn't) and it was inexpensive. Assuming UPS/USPS doesn't fuck up Booshka and thezerofire expect something within the week =O.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
squidhands said:
Deus Ex and Portal 2 it is, then. Thanks for the well-wishes. :)
Glad you're back on your feet! I just started Portal 2 today. SO GOOD.

Gabotron ES said:
Just finished tweaking Invasion: Highlands, thanks for all the feedback guys, it will play
even better now.

reach_23763639_Full.jpg

Invasion on Highlands rendered video. Thanks to Hypertrooper.

Changes list:

-Added backfield spawns to both spartans and elites during second phase.
Fixed some reported spawning issues (people spawning in the air).
-Removed elite's backfield spawn during first phase and assigned a single respawn zone to each fireteam.
-Added one needle riffle spawn during first phase and increased respawn time to 45.
-Increased banshee respawn time to 60 and decreased both ghost (30) and revenant (40) spawn time.
-Added a focus riffle to green tunnel during third phase.
-Shade turrets spawn time increased to 30.
-Spawn zone assigned to fire team 1 during third phase (they kept spawning into the backfield spawn).
-Fixed both initial spawns, both teams will now spawn into their assigned spawn zone instead of two separated groups of 3.
-Core return time decreased to 30 seconds instead of 45.
-Fixed second phase Bravo territory shape.
-Deleted some crates from the bases to avoid shotgun camping during phase 3.
-Added soft kill zones to some buildings to avoid jetpackers elites camping spartan spawn zones.
-Deleted 2 moongosses (there are 2 now which spawn on spartan's third phase backfield spawn).
-Added one magazine to the Fuel rod gun and increased spawn time to 50.
-Added two DMRs to spartan's base during phase 3 and decreased shotgun respawn time to 35 during second phase.
-Rocket launcher spawn time increased to 40 and it now has one extra magazine instead of two.
-Plasma turrets spawn time decreased to 30 curing third phase, same with machine gun turret.
-Third phase's rocket warthog spawn decreased to 55 and regular warthog spawn time is 70 now.

If we get a party of 10-12 players tonight could you guys care to try it?
It looks like a lot of fun.

I hope 343i's playlist manager will add some custom Invasion maps and Firefight gametypes in MM.

darthbob

OuterWorldVoice said:
and check spam/deleted files etc. Not much we can do for folks who didn't use real email addresses tho.

And if they're not located in that area?

I'd assume we could call 18004699269 and get this escalated up if we never got the email.

Sai-kun

Banned
So, there's a new-new version of Facebook profiles, which I actually like a whole lot. They let you add a 'cover' to your profile (not a whole background picture, thank goodness). So I figured I'd show mine off ;P It's Halo-related!

Click to see it :D

Sai-kun said:
So, there's a new-new version of Facebook profiles, which I actually like a whole lot. They let you add a 'cover' to your profile (not a whole background picture, thank goodness). So I figured I'd show mine off ;P It's Halo-related!

Woah wtf, when did this happen?

Sai-kun said:

In a way that's cool, but I'm just not into turning my FB into a multimedia center about me. I just use it to message friends. So every time it changes, I wish I could just opt out of whatever new stupid shit they input in so I don't have to learn a new way around it.

Karl2177

Sai-kun said:

Did you use the developer cheat to get it?

Sai-kun said:

Thats awesome Sai-Kun, but im not happy with how this is essentially taking us a step closer to those crappy Myspace profile pages.

Also congrats on the successful surgery Squidhands!

So I was browsin' some mags at a shop yesterday and I happened to stumble upon this.

(can't find a better image of it)
khCWt.jpg

I hate it when they do this sort of thing. I mean really, we all remember how Halo CE on the Xbox has PS1 levels of texture filtering right? And Anniversary's MC is totally gonna have that level of fidelity in-game.

Hypertrooper said:
It looks like a lot of fun.

I hope 343i's playlist manager will add some custom Invasion maps and Firefight gametypes in MM.
Right now Invasion supports 4 players local so Forge World variants are not likely to happen but there shouldn't be a problem with Highlands, it might turn into Defiant's Breakpint.

MrBig

Rickenslacker said:
So I was browsin' some mags at a shop yesterday and I happened to stumble upon this.

(can't find a better image of it)
http://i.imgur.com/khCWt.jpg[img]

I hate it when they do this sort of thing. I mean really, we all remember how Halo CE on the Xbox has PS1 levels of texture filtering right? And Anniversary's MC is totally gonna have that level of fidelity in-game.[/QUOTE]
I agree, but it may have been out of necessity. There wouldn't be a high res texture for them to use for the resolution they need to be printing at, and you don't put badly up-resed things on the cover of a magazine (like the Reach cover I posted earlier and apologize that I haven't done the paintover for). Doing a paintover would miss the point they were going for, so they took the route of hiding the bad texture but retaining the retro effect.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
What happened to the official ZBS custom file on the Waypoint file share? It says the file was reported for code of conduct or something, lol.

Merguson

Banned
Domino Theory said:
What happened to the official ZBS custom file on the Waypoint file share? It says the file was reported for code of conduct or something, lol.

Reported for not being a part of the Definitive Halo experience that Bungie so painstakingly crafted.

FyreWulff

Domino Theory said:

Happens to all popular files. People did it to Chess too.

neoism

squidhands said:
Deus Ex and Portal 2 it is, then. Thanks for the well-wishes. :)
totally I fucking looove DEX.. I beat it yesterday, and I still want to play it again. The music.... sogood.gif

feel

who cares about that gametype anymore lol

The community already got zerobloom and bleedtrough from it, so much better gametypes are already all over the place, they might as well delete that (crappy) one.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Letters said:
who cares about that gametype anymore lol

The community already got zerobloom and bleedtrough from it, so much better gametypes are already all over the place, they might as well delete that (crappy) one.

Link to more awesome gametype please.

feel

Someone post a link to a 120/125/150/110dr/noAA one for Domino. The mlg types ones are decent too, though I personally loathe the sprint ones. I'm on my cellphone so I can't link.

edit- m0nkey linked one below, thanks

Top Bottom