• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

kamspy

Sup Reach GAF. Got a question.

Last night I bought a Reach GoD code from a friendly gaffer. Code activated just fine and everything went really well. I have a complete campaign save from renting the game when it came out.

My problem is, when I pick a level, the opening scene sometimes has no music. When I press the button to skip it the scene just restarts. When the scene ends it just restarts. When I press the button to skip the screen goes black, music stops and I only have the voices. Or any combination of these bugs.

Is this common at all? Is there a way to verify the integrity of the game files like on Steam? I'm thinking my best bet is to download it again.

Any info would be appreciated.

Also, if I was to buy one map pack, is there a consensus on which is the best? I'm a big vehicle driven level kind of guy.

kamspy said:
Is this common at all? Is there a way to verify the integrity of the game files like on Steam? I'm thinking my best bet is to download it again.

Also, if I was to buy one map pack, is there a consensus on which is the best? I'm a big vehicle driven level kind of guy.
Bizarre, never heard of that bug, so don't think it's super common.
That being said, I know little to nothing about the GoD version.

As for a map pack, it's a little hard to decide which would suit you better, I'd say Heroic if you don't play much Firefight.

ElRenoRaven

kamspy said:
Sup Reach GAF. Got a question.

Last night I bought a Reach GoD code of a friendly gaffer. Code activated just fine and everything went really well. I have a complete campaign save from renting the game when it came out.

My problem is, when I pick a level, the opening scene sometimes has no music. When I press the button to skip it the scene just restarts. When the scene ends it just restarts. When I press the button to skip the screen goes black, music stops and I only have the voices. Or any combination of these bugs.

Yea never heard of that happening either. Could be that your download got corrupted.

kamspy said:

If you like vehicles, you should download Noble map pack. For vehicles, you have tempest (one of the best reach maps imo) and breakpoint (an invasion map but it works decent for one sided objectives) versus Highlands in the defiant map pack. Defiant has a firefight map with the rockey hog but though so if that's your thing...

Booshka

I'm going to get on right now, invite me to customs if you want to play, or send me a message and I can try to get some going. GT is Booshka. Messages please, my friends list is almost maxed out.

Sai-kun

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
Why would she do this to us? Why?

BS Angel linked this in her twitter feed.

Beware for your sanity

Like.

Add to -> Favorites.

0kbqz.jpg

Hm. I should make a version of my oh gosh guy except with 343 :>

Customs in an hour or what? Doesn't have to be competitive, but if there is an interest in it, I can do some.

Also dat fire.

From my parent's bedroom.
LWdFn.jpg

Walked over to the fire, it didn't come down as far we thought.

LYJjV.jpg

lZg7k.jpg

mKJOA.jpg

tZmBM.jpg

Dani said:
I might be busy tonight, so would you mind hosting HaloGAF Customs this week?

Oh yeah I can try. Are there any big team/6v6 maps worth a DL? I only have the stock bullshit.

Got a question though, how many people want competitive vs easy going/fun today?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Devolution said:
Oh yeah I can try. Are there any big team/6v6 maps worth a DL? I only have the stock bullshit.

Stock + DLC, particularly highlands, is usually decent enough, plus there's usually folks with maps that show up if you haven't got anything.

Nothing I'd reccomend at the moment. Good luck - if I can get the time to join the serious or fun games later I'll be there, just I'm wrapped up and busy for the next few hours unfortunately.

Dani said:
Stock + DLC, particularly highlands, is usually decent enough, plus there's usually folks with maps that show up if you haven't got anything.

Nothing I'd reccomend at the moment. Good luck - if I can get the time to join the serious or fun games later I'll be there, just I'm wrapped up and busy for the next few hours unfortunately.

Alright. Worse comes to worse there can be a couple 4v4 parties if everyone is in the mood for nonbloom. Can't say I'm a fan of nonbloom big team =S.

Bread said:
I'm definitely down for some customs tonight, I sent you a FR devo.

Good timing I only got 4 spots left on my FR list.

Tunavi

Banned
have someone back out, join up with me, then have them invited in and we'll go into together. it will be a like having a date to prom.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Of course, the one custom game I jump into before I head off to work has 100% bloom.

You've failed me, scrubs. :p

Good games guys and pidgeons! The matches were fun. They were close.

Booshka, why all the hatin'? :p

Deadly, what was up with your mic? Sounded like an exorcism! :lol

PNut

Banned
Juices you should stream some Halo 3 tomorrow for the 4 year anniversary. I'm sure there are still some Halo 3 kids that need cleansing. lol

omg.kittens said:
Of course, the one custom game I jump into before I head off to work has 100% bloom.

You've failed me, scrubs. :p

Big teams with no bloom =/.

Games were fun dudes. Remember if you run into a good map please PM the link. Those remakes ;_;.

Top Bottom