• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Blinding

MrBig said:
No, then it would be pointless.

Well, as far as I can tell from the videos of Headlong that have been put out, there's no Golden Warthog billboard, so doing the original "glitch" doesn't seem likely.

kamspy

Downloading the game again seems to have fixed everything.

Cheers Halo GAF. I could use some Firefight buddies who don't mind playing with a semi noob, add me on XBL. GT is kamspy7. I'm happy to take orders and defer to people who know what they're doing. :p

EDIT: There are Forge maps with no bloom? Tell me more!

feel

kamspy said:
Downloading the game again seems to have fixed everything.

Cheers Halo GAF. I could use some Firefight buddies who don't mind playing with a semi noob, add me on XBL. GT is kamspy7. I'm happy to take orders and defer to people who know what they're doing. :p

EDIT: There are Forge maps with no bloom? Tell me more!
The term "bloom" when used by the Halo community refers the behavior of the aim reticule expanding after each shot. Most of the Halo community hates its introduction in Reach by Bungie but now that 343 Industries is in charge of Halo they decided to allow for people to play matches without it.

In case you were well aware of what our use of "bloom" was referring to, here's a good gametype with 0% bloom, works in every map:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23754837

kamspy

Aw. I thought they were talking about the lighting effect.

One cool thing in Resistance 2 was you could unlock the graphics settings after you beat the game. Looked so much better with the motion blur and DOF off.

Get on it 343!

kamspy said:
Aw. I thought they were talking about the lighting effect.

One cool thing in Resistance 2 was you could unlock the graphics settings after you beat the game. Looked so much better with the motion blur and DOF off.

Get on it 343!
Yeah, it's amazing how refreshing it is to look at a game that's not muddled with all sorts of effects. Reach would instantly look better if all they did was remove that unappealing film grain.

Rickenslacker said:
Yeah, it's amazing how refreshing it is to look at a game that's not muddled with all sorts of effects. Reach would instantly look better if all they did was remove that unappealing film grain.

The noise/film grain i always assumed was their to hide some of the background items with lower res textures and the lack of AA. Turning it off is good in theory but id imagine much like the fog it ends up looking mismatched and reduces the overall experience.

StalkerUKCG said:
The noise/film grain i always assumed was their to hide some of the background items with lower res textures and the lack of AA. Turning it off is good in theory but id imagine much like the fog it ends up looking mismatched and reduces the overall experience.
Going back to Halo 3 it's just great how CLEAR everything looks, there's always some object dithering itself in and out of appearance but I don't think the use of the film grain is a masking effect but rather a purely stylistic one. One that ends up being very visually fatiguing for me.

Something I instantly noticed was loading up Waterfront in Firefight, the effect is completely missing. It's there for that section in campaign though.

feel

Rickenslacker said:
I hope image clarity is a focus during the development of Halo 4's visuals. CEA looks beatifully clear in the vids but so did Reach and then the blur/grain filters and muted colors became apparent when we played it in our tvs making enemies hard to see sometimes.

It took a day and cost me some money, but streaming is in my future.

65N70.png

lvF4jl.jpg

Still dont understand why you didnt go with the Blackmagic and use me and Tashis exact setup. Components cant provide the same fidelity HDMI can. Proven tried true. Also building own computer < Buying powerful Dell refurbs for half price.

xxjuicesxx said:
Still dont understand why you didnt go with the Blackmagic and use me and Tashis exact setup. Components cant provide the same fidelity HDMI can. Proven tried true. Also building own computer < Buying powerful Dell refurbs for half price.
I did go with Black Magic, it just doesnt show up until Monday.

Also I think you are misunderstanding that picture... The Dell is my OLD computer. The box beside it is the case for the new one. Built from the ground up by yours truly.

EJwA5.jpg

BJU2O.jpg

So I think I've figured out a new 1-flag layout for Breakpoint. I just hope the frame rate holds up, the map has a surprising amount of phase-able objects.

Number of Forge maps I've seriously worked on: 5
Number of those that are on Forge World: 0

Karl2177 said:
It's terrible watching people that are bad play Halo. I watch and I am appalled.

Was looking up some vids to show people in the GirlGAF thread the no bloom DMR. Bad people playin' on the tubes, gave up. They don't need to see that.

FyreWulff

ncsuDuncan said:
So I think I've figured out a new 1-flag layout for Breakpoint. I just hope the frame rate holds up, the map has a surprising amount of phase-able objects.

Number of Forge maps I've seriously worked on: 5
Number of those that are on Forge World: 0

Show me

I played a Rumble Pit match today and the guest system screwed the fun.(if there is even fun). I played against a dude with 2 guests. So you think, that will be no problem, because everyone wants fun. Yeah. Ehm. No. At the end match it was 17 to 21 kills for the party guy. But I'm noticing that he didn't get a kill for 3 minutes and I asked myself why. So I was getting some kills until he won it. After the match I looked the stats: The guy got 16kills through his guest and one of the guests was even "afk".
I hope 343i's Halo 4 matchmaking system will match guests with guests etc.

Otherwise I got the assist challenge. I'm happy and ain't going to play RumblePit for weeks.

Striker

Guests belong in one or two playlists, i.e. Team Training, and does not record stats to the service record. Actually would love if they had all stats be saved from ranked playlists only, but I doubt they would do that.

FyreWulff said:

You'll have to catch me when I'm online tomorrow. I was just screwing around with a Breakpoint Canvas variant I had downloaded and when I tried to upload the variant I saved I got "The name of the creator of this file is not allowed on Xbox LIVE."

Apparently "ArcTek" is a bad word now. Last time I ever use someone else's canvas file.

So it looks like I need to start over. Luckily I had only just put down geometry and hadn't started on spawns/objectives yet.

KevinRo

ncsuDuncan said:
You'll have to catch me when I'm online tomorrow. I was just screwing around with a Breakpoint Canvas variant I had downloaded and when I tried to upload the variant I saved I got "The name of the creator of this file is not allowed on Xbox LIVE."

Apparently "ArcTek" is a bad word now. Last time I ever use someone else's canvas file.

So it looks like I need to start over. Luckily I had only just put down geometry and hadn't started on spawns/objectives yet.

Couldn't you just save it as your own and it'll credit you as the creator?

Woorloog

Banned
Karl2177 said:
Are there any GAF Firefight variants?
I have one: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=22518428&player=Empyrus
Please check it out and give feedback.
The AI sees and hears better, there's no infinite ammo, radar nor AAs (two loadouts though) and some damage/damage resistance settings are tweaked. The idea was to make Reach FF feel closer to ODST FF. Haven't modified enemy lists from basic Firefight this is based on though.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Horde mode in Gears 3 is the most intense mode I've played in a long time. Kudos, Epic.
I've been watching my roommates play it, and Epic improved it in a direction that's probably better than what Bungie did (in hindsight). Allowing players to fortify their environment is a great next step and really changes the dynamic of the combat a lot.

Top Bottom