• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

20110504165308!Halo_3_final_boxshot.JPG

Incredible campaign and fantastic multiplayer. Hail to the king!

Dax01 said:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/b/b4/20110504165308!Halo_3_final_boxshot.JPG[img]

Incredible campaign and fantastic multiplayer. Hail to the king![/QUOTE]
Too slow...

[QUOTE=Hypertrooper]4 ANNIVERSARY OF HALO 3! WOOT! So where is the Anniversary version of Halo 3?

I'm faster Dax.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Tunavi]god damn that is an amazing picture[/QUOTE]
I hope, Halo 4 will have this AD campaign again. Still get goosebumps, when I watch the Halo 3 E3'07 trailer, Announcement teaser or the Essential disc.

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:
I hope, Halo 4 will have this AD campaign again. Still get goosebumps, when I watch the Halo 3 E3'07 trailer, Announcement teaser or the Essential disc.
H3 had the best marketing campaign for a game that I have ever seen.

I will always see every Halo games that comes out after it indisputably separate from the saga.

Dax01 said:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/b/b4/20110504165308!Halo_3_final_boxshot.JPG

Incredible campaign and fantastic multiplayer. Hail to the king!

Hail to the king indeed. Gaf should get a Halo 3 customs lobby or matchmaking lobby going in a few hours. hint hint. :p

Out of interest did anyone from here go to the London Halo event thing? I remember going with a friend after winning tickets. I didnt really know about Gaf back then but surely some gaffers went to it?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
-Yeti said:
In other news, still no email with the Reach GoD code. :(
The codes are going out to the email used to sign up for the preview disc program. So that might be different from your live email address.

lybertyboy said:
The codes are going out to the email used to sign up for the preview disc program. So that might be different from your live email address.

I was pretty positive I used my main email address to sign up on the Connect site, but maybe not. I'm checking all other possible emails to see if it would be in any of them. Still, no luck.

EDIT: Is there a way to check on the Microsoft Connect website if I have participated in any of the preview programs or tests?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
-Yeti said:
I was pretty positive I used my main email address to sign up on the Connect site, but maybe not. I'm checking all other possible emails to see if it would be in any of them. Still, no luck.

And remember to check the spam and deleted items on those. In the interim I am checking yours and a couple of other folks' addresses against our database. If it went to the right address and didn't bounce, there are still a number of things that could happen to it that would delay it a few days, but they would all be at your client/ISP end. We shall see though.

neoism

Devolution said:
Customs in an hour or what? Doesn't have to be competitive, but if there is an interest in it, I can do some.

Also dat fire.

From my parent's bedroom.
damn devo glad you and you fam is OK.. :)

Couldn't make it to GAF's customs guys, sorry :(
Anyone is going online? if we geat a party big enough I would like to try my improved version of Invasion: Highlands.

OuterWorldVoice said:
And remember to check the spam and deleted items on those. In the interim I am checking yours and a couple of other folks' addresses against our database. If it went to the right address and didn't bounce, there are still a number of things that could happen to it that would delay it a few days, but they would all be at your client/ISP end. We shall see though.

Thanks for all of the help. :)

Hopefully I didn't somehow register with an email I can't remember.

GhaleonEB

OuterWorldVoice said:
Thanks for looking into it. I have three active email accounts (a primary private one, another we use primarily for purchases, sign-ups and registrations, and my work address), and didn't get anything at any of them. I'm reasonably sure I used the same one as my Live address, but nothing hit the spam filter or main account.

It's not really a big deal as I was using the preview disc as a backup anyways, but it would be pretty neat not to have to swap discs in order to get teh Halos on.

Happy Birthday Halo 3. In addition to some MP, everyone should play though a bit of Campaign. I suggest The Storm or The Ark, myself. The Halo 3 Campaign really is incredible.

Tawpgun

GhaleonEB said:
The Halo 3 Campaign really is incredible.
I always take this the wrong way.

To me, campaign story is super important and in that regard, I feel that 3 is one of the weakest. It did a great job at ending the trilogy, but I felt like I was just grinding through to get to the ending.

However, gameplay wise, its fantastic. I wish the brutes were more fun to fight, but other than that, amazing.

GhaleonEB said:
Happy Birthday Halo 3. In addition to some MP, everyone should play though a bit of Campaign. I suggest The Storm or The Ark, myself. The Halo 3 Campaign really is incredible.
Would do so if I had the disc with me. :(

Devin Olsen said:
People should get online for Zero Bloom Customs, or we should all play Halo 3

Halo 3. :p I really want to get some good customs going but if it has to be done matchmaking is the way. Message me if your on I would love to get a good old fashioned 4v4 Pit game going.

A27 Tawpgun said:

To me, campaign story is super important and in that regard, I feel that 3 is one of the weakest. It did a great job at ending the trilogy, but I felt like I was just grinding through to get to the ending.

However, gameplay wise, its fantastic. I wish the brutes were more fun to fight, but other than that, amazing.

I agree. The story was such a massive disappointment, especially how they caved to the whiners and sidelined the Arbiter to the point where you could completely taken him out and changed almost nothing, the cringe worthy voice acting and dialogue (especially Miranda's god awful new voice actress) and the complete butchering of the Prophet of Truth's characterization.

Ken

bobs and I are on Halo 3. Send us a message if you want to join for Social Slayer (or whatever playlist) AR/Magnum starts.

Woorloog

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:

Thagomizer said:
I agree. The story was such a massive disappointment, especially how they caved to the whiners and sidelined the Arbiter to the point where you could completely taken him out and changed almost nothing, the cringe worthy voice acting and dialogue (especially Miranda's god awful new voice actress) and the complete butchering of the Prophet of Truth's characterization.

These.
Brutes main issue was their passiveness/tendecy to stay put rather than attack and flush out the player... Though i think this issue plagues AI in every Halo so far, except ODST Firefight.

Weapon power and enemy accuracy and range were good. In Reach the AI is way too accurate (who here has been shot with FRG while jetpacking/sprinting?) and the weapons are rather weak. Or the AI is too strong (Halo CE had thoughest AI enemies (not counting Halo 2 Hunters) untill Reach.

Marine AI was rather stupid and but at least it could drive better than Halo 2's and was generally more competent (Note: IIRC the friendly AI on easy is way better than on normal and above, and angering the friendly AI increases its combat prowess like 100%).
Reach friendly AI got dumbed down, badly. Think about Kat's (and Marine's) driving.
Halo CE still has the best friendly AI. Or maybe it was due encounter desing that accomondated Marines better? Or maybe it was the weapons? *Shrug*

Game areas could've been wider and offered more options... but then this seems to be plaguing every game, outside some niche games and open world games (Operation Flashpoint/ARMA, The Elder Scrolls series etc). Overall very good. Reach area desing seems to be mostly as good (or even better at times) but also has a bunch of underutilized areas (Powerhouse in Nightfall, PoA has a few and some too tight tunnels as well).

Take notes 343i from our comments...

Striker said:
Yeah. No offense to Halo3 :) but I loved Halo2 so much more. Anywho, I can't get enough of Kingdom. Have I told you lately that I love you? I got to play back to back games on it last night and was in the zone. Any chance that we'll get a randoms only playlist with no grouped up players and no guests
and no power weapons
? ;-)

Top Bottom