• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

I was at a weekly LAN session of Reach that the Game Society in university here has every Wednesday (It's a generic console setup, but Reach system link is always present)... Shaking my head at the gametypes some people will play. 4v4 (on 2 tvs) Shotty Snipes on Haemorrhage. Lasers primary, random secondary on Swordbase. The best had to be Uncaged with Sword/Hammers... with weapons still on the map. In fairness it was the wannabe pros picking them so the casuals were equally wtf as I was.

Griffball is seriously amazing in a LAN environment!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
HiredN00bs said:
The three biggest problems with Reach matchmaking from a highly-skilled player's perspective: population, population, population. There typically aren't enough good players playing often enough to give fair matches to those at the higher end of the skill distribution.

Last night was the first night in a long time in which I felt like I was being competitively matched (in the TU Beta playlist).

You're so good. Omg, you should go pro. Ask for a contract.

kylej said:
I never know how to decipher your terrible posts. I never said Halo was about sunshine and roses and everyone holding hands. I said losing sucks, but quitting out of game you're not having fun in is not a big deal. Believe it or not, you can have fun while playing competitively. Next time I play with you I'll be sure to shout out "Whee yay this is so fun" throughout the match to ensure you grasp this basic concept.

I'll be sure to hold you to it!

senador said:
LOL

You and stephen just keep getting increasingly more douchey (as seen above, hahaha).
Yeah because the reactions they get here just promote rational discussions right?
Edit: It's only fair they step up their game to match the rest of HaloGaf :p

senador said:
LOL

You and stephen just keep getting increasingly more douchey (as seen above, hahaha).
If you don't have to be nice all the time, then neither do I. And you don't know shit about Laughtrey, so ahem, step off.

Hydranockz said:
Yeah because the reactions they get here just promote rational discussions right?
Edit: It's only fair they step up their game to match the rest of HaloGaf :p
Don't even bother, man. I'm being a douche right now. It's not really a defensible position.

senador

Banned
Hydranockz said:

Yes. There have been plenty of rational discussions with them. I even encouraged and defended them for a time. But they just keep resorting to insults and continuously come in all high and mighty or holier than thou and its just getting ridiculous. I am done humoring it and attempting to have rational discussions with them.

heckfu

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
Alright actually getting on now... I'll be playing BF3 beta but if we can get a solid To4 then I'll play some TU hopper.
Give me five minutes and we can play together if you want to

ElRenoRaven

vhfive said:
gg guys
I quit because arguing on the internet is dumb

Some bickering here and there can be healthy but it really is getting out of hand now and getting down right vicious. I think all of you on both sides need to take some chill pills and take a step back for a bit to calm down.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Dax01 said:
Spartans can lift tanks in the games...but gameplay matters more than being fictionally correct. Sprint, I think, is detrimental to the gameplay (sword and sprint says it all). It needs to be taken out, and you don't need it if you have a fast enough base player speed.

That is the problem that has grown more apparent over the years for Halo, you aren't fast enough. I feel as if I am just on a casual walk around the map when playing.

Adding a bit of "heaviness" may do wonders though, give your player model some arm sway and movement to make it look like they are moving instead of just stiff arms holding a gun.

senador said:
Yes. There have been plenty of rational discussions with them. I even encouraged and defended them for a time. But they just keep resorting to insults and continuously come in all high and mighty or holier than thou and its just getting ridiculous. I am done humoring it and attempting to have rational discussions with them.
Well, I'm not done having rational discussions with you. Don't jab if you can't take a punch.

orznge

Banned
Ramirez I peeped the Mass Effect wiki because I haven't played it and asked my friend about the Elcor and he explained to me and I was laughing so hard, you own

PsychoRaven said:
Beats me. Are we even doing one?
ISN'T HALO: CEA THE GAME OF THE YEAR? Of course. :)

GhaleonEB said:
I wasn't planning on it, but I haven't seen anyone jump in. Might as well keep tradition alive.
Damn. I want to post you aren't GhaleonEB!
It wouldn't be a Halo OT if you didn't make it. :(

I'm getting on in 3minutes.

Deadly Cyclone said:
That is the problem that has grown more apparent over the years for Halo, you aren't fast enough. I feel as if I am just on a casual walk around the map when playing.

Adding a bit of "heaviness" may do wonders though, give your player model some arm sway and movement to make it look like they are moving instead of just stiff arms holding a gun.
I don't want heaviness. No thanks. Reach is already the most grounded of the series and it's bad because of it. I don't want my screen to shake or some other thing that'll distract from the game. Spartans are trained to hold weapons their entire lives. It's no wonder they can hold it very steady through anything.

ElRenoRaven

Hypertrooper said:
ISN'T HALO: CEA THE GAME OF THE YEAR? Of course. :)

Damn. I want to post you aren't GhaleonEB!
It wouldn't be a Halo OT if you didn't make it. :(

I agree but without a real multiplayer portion it's going to trapped over in the gaming side and we know how anything Halo ends up over there.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
GhaleonEB said:
I wasn't planning on it, but I haven't seen anyone jump in. Might as well keep tradition alive.
Yes please! Ghaleon and Halo Official Threads go together.

daedalius

I cannot imagine a world where Ghaleon does not create the OT.

All of my matches are usually competitive, because I'm not nearly as good as I think I am :)

senador said:
But the exact reason why their opinions were put down is because HaloGaf has their own fucked up sense of a holier than thou attitude. What the Hive says, goes.

You're all as bad as each other :p Take Ram's advice and chillax on the interwebs.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Dax01 said:
I don't want heaviness. No thanks. Reach is already the most grounded of the series and it's bad because of it. I don't want my screen to shake or some other thing that'll distract from the game. Spartans are trained to hold weapons their entire lives. It's no wonder they can hold it very steady through anything.

Not heavy in that sense, nor having your screen shake. What I mean is simply add more animation to the arms when moving around, to give the eye the appearance that you are moving like a normal person would.

No human being walks around with a gun holding their arms perfectly stiff and still. The sprinting animation in first person is nice in Reach, if you did something like that for normal speed (slow the animation down of course) it would give the effect that you are actually moving like a person would.

In most newer shooters (only comparing animations here, not games) the player's arms move and dip and sway like the person is moving, I want this in Halo.

Tashi0106 said:
Yes please! Ghaleon and Halo Official Threads go together.

Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| Here's to another 10.
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| Halo gone 360.
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| Yes you can still hog launch.
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| 343 problems but a grunt ain't one
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| 10 years and we still ain't found Jonesy
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| A fathers sin's passed to his son.
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| No mod support.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Dax01 said:
Maybe no normal human being, but not Spartans.

Well, I guess if their arm armor locked up...

I just want to see some body movement man! It would go a long way in freshening up the series and in no way would change the core formula.

StalkerUKCG said:
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| Here's to another 10.
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| Halo gone 360.
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| Yes you can still hog launch.
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| 343 problems but a grunt ain't one
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| 10 years and we still ain't found Jonesy
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| A fathers sin's passed to his son.
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| No mod support.

Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| How the HELL did Johnson get off Halo?

PsychoRaven said:
I agree but without a real multiplayer portion it's going to trapped over in the gaming side and we know how anything Halo ends up over there.
There's a lot of new stuff people can talk about(Terminals, new EasterEggs, Skulls). Especially I think that there are a lot of people at the gaming side who never played the original Halo, because they hadn't had Xbox back then or don't care. Otherwise normal people are too scared to post in this thread :)

Deadly Cyclone said:
Well, I guess if their arm armor locked up...

I just want to see some body movement man! It would go a long way in freshening up the series and in no way would change the core formula.
So long as it's not distracting and doesn't inhibit my ability to aim or play the game, I'd be fine with it. But it's not bothering me that it's not in Halo.

Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| How the HELL did Johnson get off Halo?
I like this and the "Here's to ten more."

PsychoRaven said:
Well the multiplayer might be separate enough to warrant its own thread

ElRenoRaven

thezerofire said:

lol. That is one way to get it over here lol. Count the Anniversary multiplayer portions as part of the game and it would then technically fit into the community section. lol

Booshka

thezerofire said:
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| Halo CE Campaign Discussion

Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| Reach Map pack Discussion

GhaleonEB

Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| Everything Comes Full Circle

I'll start work on it tonight. Got a couple articles for FUD in the works as well.

GhaleonEB said:
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary |OT| Everything Comes Full Circle

I'll start work on it tonight. Got a couple articles for FUD in the works as well.
Halo Anniversary |OT| Full Circle

Or that's what I would do. :lol

Then again, my own OT's going to have the game's entire name spelled out, and not just "Skyrim"...

GhaleonEB

Deadly Cyclone said:
Subtle reference to a ring. Nice.
Just tossing an idea out there. I'll pick something right before posting. :lol

Going to keep this one simpler and bit cleaner than the others. I've learned a bit more about integrating images, less on tons of bullet points.

Top Bottom