• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Tunavi said:
All I know is that if Halo 4's campaign is 10 linear levels, I won't be very surprised.

metroid spoilers
going back to sector 6 = creepiest thing ever

Fusion is definitely a good one, even though Other M makes the Samus/Adam AI relationship waaay more awkward in Fusion.

MrBig

Ramirez said:
It's everything I wish the ES series was, the combat is so satisfying...
Hopefully Bethesda learns a thing or two from ID for the next ES. Rage has the best combat of any game I have ever played. Period.

GhaleonEB

Suggested armor lock tweak: instead of passing damage dealt to the armor ability meter, pass the damage on to the player's shields or health.

Tawpgun

GhaleonEB said:
Suggested armor lock tweak: instead of passing damage dealt to the armor ability meter, pass the damage on to the player's shields or health.
Suggested Armor Lock Tweak: Remove from game.

No matter how much you tweak it, it's still a delay of game.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
kylej said:
why does snipe have bloom. don't want people to... noscope too fast? get headshots too fast? what?
To hide the poor rate of fire that they gave it.

In the beta it had actual bloom.

FyreWulff

Plywood said:
I don't know about you guys but Armor Lock feels underpowered.

Always died when using it. Luckily everyone's hatred for it makes 343 pass over nerfing Evade so I can continue to use the True Overpowered AA.

FyreWulff

Plywood said:
Man, if I can't skip half way across Boneyard in one fell swoop then I'm not playing definitive Halo.

Also, if you're using anything other than Evade in Speedpile you're doing it wrong.

Blue can launch themselves all the way to their base from the middle on Hemorrhage in one evade after picking up the 3 flag.

Ken

A27 Tawpgun said:

Suggested Armor Lock Tweak: Activation causes armor locking player to explode inside the shield.

Ken

A27_StarWolf said:
Suggested Armor Lock Tweak: Activation causes you to stay in armor lock for the rest of the game.

Blue team gains the lead. All four players armor lock forever.

Ken said:

One thing I really don't get, why are blue spawns so fucked on some maps. Does someone at Bungie really despise the color blue?

Also nominating Uncaged for worst map in Halo history. Come at me bros.

FyreWulff

Ken said:

Turn on unlimited AA usage, see who can dislodge the AL player first.

Use a wraith

Devolution said:
One thing I really don't get, why are blue spawns so fucked on some maps. Does someone at Bungie really despise the color blue?

This has been Bungie's theme since at least Halo 2. Blue base always has worse spawns and spawn coverage.

Also nominating Uncaged for worst map in Halo history. Come at me bros.

Boarding Action is worse, tied for last with Gemini.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ken said:
I don't understand the problem, Armor Lock doesn't have any whenever someone uses it they're essentially forced to not play the game while everyone else around them gets to play. It just isn't fair, you should be able to walk with it, IMO.

This was me tonight for real.

250px-Demartino.JPG

Ramirez

Devolution said:
85 isn't either.

I'm not crazy about Reach no matter how it's dressed up, but the game was obviously balanced around bloom, and the reduction in it's inconsistency is better to me with the stock settings.

Plywood said:
It's not good, not enough random factor to determine who has better skill.

::snicker::

Ramirez said:
I'm not crazy about Reach no matter how it's dressed up, but the game was obviously balanced around bloom, and the reduction in it's inconsistency is better to me with the stock settings.

Yeah but with a reduction in the bloom you're looking at faster kill times on slower base speeds. It's still stupid, that's my point.

Oh btw I feel noones ripped apart that TU beta playlist hard enough.

I know its just testing lots of things out but my god there is no consistency at all. Slayer starts you with an AR and pistol, Slayer DMR you get DMRs and a pistol? and ZB you get DMR's and a Pistol? Objective all has different loadouts. Theres just no consistency.

Oh yea and I'm pretty sure Stockpile is back in Objective now but you forgot to make them DMR starts.

Wonder who's working the playlists over there at 343 :)

GhaleonEB

A27 Tawpgun said:

It was a joke. Read my post carefully. :p

In all seriousness, while I appreciate the effort to balance armor lock better, it really should just be yanked. I wish that had happened, and the time spent say, improving the vehicle health system, or the Banshee balance, instead.

Sai-kun

Banned
Ramirez said:
I agree, strangely enough. No bloom isn't that great with stock Reach movement speeds...

Before I played 85, I would've called people crazy for thinking it's better than ZB, but I actually really like it. I think if it was just a bit lower (Maybe 70-75%?), it would be perfect.

Ken

GhaleonEB said:
It was a joke. Read my post carefully. :p

In all seriousness, while I appreciate the effort to balance armor lock better, it really should just be yanked. I wish that had happened, and the time spent say, improving the vehicle health system, or the Banshee balance, instead.

Current Banshee and BTB experiences will keep me away from large team playlists featuring vehicles in the future, even if the Banshee gets nerfed. ]:

As for your joke AL tweak, it seems like it could be a decent one. If Armor Lock passed on reduced damage to the player's shields and health (reduced enough that it would take a few extra shots to kill than normal), it would force players to depend on teammates to help them out while in Armor Lock, and cause opposing players to decide if they should attempt to finish off the player in AL or shoot the teammate.

feel

All this acceptance for a little bit of bloom instead of asking for ROF caps and better movement, is vomit inducing. I'm glad noone from 343i reads this forum, they might start getting some bad ideas for Halo 4.

Homeboyd

Can someone tell me why you can get a jackpot in the actual game (at the end of the game, bottom left corner) and then get a totally different slot machine in the same game? Why doesn't it just always show up in the post game cR report?

I know this has been discussed before and that they both count, I just don't think I've ever heard why it happens (or why it happens some of the time). Sometimes the jackpot appears in both places.

Tunavi said:
Do you have a GBA or DS? Metroid Fusion is one of the best games I've ever played
Creepiest 2D game ever.

Rickenslacker said:
Seeing Hypertrooper's avatar with a Spartan(?) with a gun slinged to his back makes me want something more of a S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Metroid/ODST/Deus Ex approach. Where it's not strictly about shooting encounters, but also a bit of straight up looking around with your weapons holstered.
GhaleonEB said:
The artwork from Halo 4 has largely been around big vistas and huge installations. It really has me thinking about environmental scale, not just in the skyboxes or background geometry, but in terms of explorable space. I hope that was their intent, because exploration and Halo go very well together, and the artwork really seemed to hint at it.

You can also have multiple hub areas, as the story moves forward. Deus Ex: HR does this effectively on a smaller scale.
The art trailer teases it a lot and I hope we will get big spaces to explore. But a open-world can be really hard to convert. The most Open-World games I played are awesome. But after 15 Hours I ever put the game to the side. Never finished Red Dead Redemption or LA Noire. The bigger task is it to get the Open-World feeling in such one mission. Would prefer that way. :)

Ramirez

Devolution said:
Yeah but with a reduction in the bloom you're looking at faster kill times on slower base speeds. It's still stupid, that's my point.

I actually feel like I can fight back in 85%, if I come up on two guys in ZB, I'm screwed, you die in like .2 seconds when getting team shot, might be different without the pistol in there, I'll never know since everyone whores it every time I've played ZB.

Letters said:
All this acceptance for a little bit of bloom instead of asking for ROF caps and better movement, is vomit inducing. I'm glad noone from 343i reads this forum, they might start getting some bad ideas for Halo 4.

As if I haven't made a thousand posts saying I want bloom nuked in Halo 4. I don't like 120% movement speed, it feels sloppy to me, so turning that on isn't going to magically make ZB better for me personally.

Top Bottom